Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Rational Thinking

Sisters: Would You Marry An Unattractive Man?

Rate this topic

This is a study i am doing for my own project. Please do not give elaborate answers. Please give me your gut-feeling. I.E what you were most likely to do.

Even after looking after ones self, a man can not change many things of his appearance and wear make up like women can.

So, if a man was unattractive in YOUR EYES, would you not pursue anything further?

Wanting an attractive partner is a biological urge God has put in us. It's an unfair natural thing designed to test us.

Please vote sisters.

An unattractive man should marry an unattractive woman. simple as that. looks is a superficial thing. no point in marrying someone you will not feel comfortable with.

Thats a bit harsh. :huh: I'm not sure about others, but personality makes me far more 'comfortable' than appearance.

Edited by WhiteSkies

Thats a bit harsh. :huh: I'm not sure about others, but personality makes me far more 'comfortable' than appearance.

Yeah its harsh, so is the real life.

What the fuss about personality/self esteem? if a person is not good looking he will obviously have a bad personality in 90 pc cases.

And i don't get the madness of present youth about facial features...what difference does it make if your wife has .....

Yeah its harsh, so is the real life.

What the fuss about personality/self esteem? if a person is not good looking he will obviously have a bad personality in 90 pc cases.

And i don't get the madness of present youth about facial features...what difference does it make if your wife has .....

Oh wow. What a shallow and superficial world we live in. :no:

This is definitely going to turn into a fight.........

the honest people against the not so honest holier than thou fake crew

So if you say that you don't value looks as highly as personality, you're being 'holier than thou' and 'fake'? But if you say that you won't marry a person because they're ugly (even though that it subjective in itself) you are 'honest'? So much for personal opinions and all that. :donno:

These threads are pointless anyway.

Now wait for the copy and paste Hadith...

And we've all seen and heard what some of their private messages contain LOL....oh then the true colors come out.

I hate hypocrites....no wonder all of the good people are leaving and getting banned after blowing up on others.

So if you say that you don't value looks as highly as personality, you're being 'holier than thou' and 'fake'? But if you say that you won't marry a person because they're ugly (even though that it subjective in itself) you are 'honest'? So much for personal opinions and all that. :donno:

These threads are pointless anyway.

Well I've seen people on here accuse others of spreading haram and fitna if she turns down a proposal because she finds the man unattractive.....cause you know us women are there only to fall at the feet of the first person who comes around.

Rational thinking are you doing some logical thinking now....

If a person is ugly it doesnt mean they have a bad personality, the outerlook has nothing to do with the personalitity. Their are people that look sweet from the outside( physical beauty) but are mean rude ,arrogent people from the inside.....

Enough with the experiment op....

I know I might come across as superficial but I probably wouldn't marry someone I found unattractive. I don't think it would make for a healthy marriage.

But when I rejected them, I wouldn't tell them it was because of that...I think that would be very cruel.

The term "beauty" is very relative. An "ugly" guy can be seen by women as "hot" tommorow. Besides, everyone knows the truth (whether they want to admit it or not) that the looks is more important to guys than it is to girls - who are attracted by what they hear.

Then there are a lot of factors as to what makes a guy good-looking or not; size, grooming of hair and beard, how well he dresses and acts. There are plenty of "ugly" guys who've gone and changed their appearances (I dont mean surgeries) and have gotten with "better looking" women.

In fact the women here who voted "yes" are either lying to be nice or just acting according to their conscious (their subconscious says something different). I dont know anyone who would marry an ugly person lol, your first impression of a potential spouse is their looks, not their personality.

Edited by HassoonBazoon

I said another poster was superficial because he/she said that if 'if a person is not good looking he will obviously have a bad personality in 90 pc cases.'

I agree with you, I wouldn't marry someone I didn't find attractive, and there is nothing wrong with having preferences. I guess the difference for me is that if I like someone's personality, I tend to see that, combined with their looks - so they appear attractive to me, even if they may not be on the outside.

Meh.

Err...that's nice to know but I wasn't referring to you or your post in mine.

You don't have a monopoly on the use of the word 'superficial'.

Edited by lalala123

Right, ignoring the melodramatic posts, this was a simple survey. Marrige is half your deen and i was studying if apperance was important. Alhamdullilah i am pleased with how i am.

Answer the question or don't bother posting next time.

Err...that's nice to know but I wasn't referring to you or your post in mine.

You don't have a monopoly on the use of the word 'superficial'.

I apologise; I was making sure that I didn't indirectly offend anyone.

I have now deleted my post so you can be at ease. :donno:

Vain talk at it's peak.......

but crucial. You have any idea how many womans confidence is broken when a man rejects them, and a mans when a woman rejects them for their physical appearance?

'i don't want to be with you because of your DNA, sorry'.

This thread is not about me. It's about us all. We say ' let get married early, the prophet pbuh said to do so' , but people do not understand, in islam it is so hard to meet women , and on top of that, there is this hurdle to climb.

If it was vain talk , and if it was not important , i would not make a thread.

According to a research women find 80% of men below average looking. :huh: Sisterz is this research correct? :P

yeah. Women have higher standards. We men can't wear make up and cover our flaws : women can.

Apparently, a study was done , a huge sample on a dating website, and the majority of women prefered white men.

So maybe race matters? I hope not. But if looks matter, and that is an unfair thing , what's to say physical attraction is not racial with some features universally being better?

I hope not again. But it's interesting. We are equal in the eyes of Allah swt, but clearly not ourselves.