Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ibrahim786

Are There Shia Ayatullahs Who Are Hafiz Ul Quran?

Rate this topic

What's the point of mere parroting the Quran without reflecting? Sunnis have unfortunately equated learning the Quran by rote as an indication of their correctness of beliefs. Nothing could be farther from the truth than this flawed analogy.

Whether Shiite ulema know the Quran by heart or not is irrelevant. What is indeed relevant is that they've clung on it as instructed by Ahlulbayt (a.s)

There is a stigma with the shia ayatullahs amongst the sunnis about their poor recitation and them not being hafizul quran.

Many videos on youtube mock how shia scholars recite the quran

How many of them are hafiz??

So you think if they not hafiz of quran, quran will be lost or something? But God said:

15:9

15_9.png

Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur'an and indeed, We will be its guardian.

http://quran.com/15

Edited by Abo_Al7ur

As one Shia alim stated in a program I attended "some accuse the Shia ulema of not being hafiz of the Holy Quran, well has anyone pondered on the fact that we constantly quote the Quran in our lectures, majlis and speeches without having to read from a book or script? We not only quote chapter & verse but provide the connection, translation, tafsir, meaning and history of the verses in relation to the subject. We do this not for only a single program on occasion but for 2 1/2 months for the mourning period for Imam Hussein, 30 days of Ramadan and all other occasions. We just do not learn it by rote and then use it as a demonstration of our piety and knowledge. That is considered pride (hasad). I am only informing the audience in this way as a response to a question" --- that was the best answer I could expect and so I advise all of my brothers and sisters to avoid listening to propaganda and come to your own independent conclusion by listening to their lectures, majlis or speeches online.

BTW - He was not an Ayatullah and his clear intention was to make it known that a lot if not most Shia ulema are actually hafiz.

Edited by :wayfarer786

There is a stigma with the shia ayatullahs amongst the sunnis about their poor recitation and them not being hafizul quran.

Many videos on youtube mock how shia scholars recite the quran

Its one thing to memorize the words verbatim, its another to memorize the meaning of the Qur'an.

Just regurgatating words, doesn't equal understanding the spirit, meaning and purpose of the Qur'an. As such, does being a Hafiz really mean anything if they haven't mastered the meaning of what they are repeating?

On 1/9/2013 at 4:19 PM, Ibrahim786 said:

There is a stigma with the Shia ayatullahs amongst the Sunnis about their poor recitation and them not being hafizul Qur'an.

Many videos on youtube mock how Shia scholars recite the Qur'an

I remember about 10 years or more ago a Shia scholar from Iran had a son who was Hafiz younger then 7. Video shows loads of Sunni testing the boy.

I’bn Fahd al-Ḥillī (rāḥīmahu’llah) narrated in ʿŪddāt āl-dāʿī wā najāḥ al-sāʿī, page 290.

Isḥāq bin Āmmār al-Kūfi ʿāl-Ṣāyrafī said: I told Abʿi Āʿbdīllah (ālayhīl-sālam): Jū’īltu fīdāk, I memorize the Qūr’an by heart. Is it best to read it by heart, or to look at the mūṣḥāf?

He told me: “No, read it and look at the mūṣḥāf, for it’s best. Hadn’t you known that looking at the mūṣḥāf is ībādah (worship)?”

(A’bi Y’āqūb Isḥāq bin Āmmār bin Ḥāyyan al-Kūfi ʿāl-Ṣāyrafī).

iMyCuHI.jpg

Edited by Simon the Canaanite

ʿal-Sāyyid Ġhāyath ʿal-Din, Abdul Kārim bin Ṭāwūs ʿal-Ḥāsani ʿal-Ḥilli, the cousin of ʿIbn Ṭāwūs, was acquainted with knowledge in:

jurisprudence, poetry, literature, genealogy, history, ḥādith, syntax, prosody and he also memorized the Holy Qurʾān.