Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[LAWS]Is Relaxing Music Haram Aswell?

Rate this topic

S Hussain

• Advanced Member

Salam, I've stoped listened to music for a while now, today I was reflecting on creation and saw a video that kind of have a tour of earth at first I didn't reliase but like in 20 seconds I reliased their was a violin being played, is that also haram and what about music like that is slow and just relaxes you is that also haram. Thanks

Edited by Syed Hussain

• Advanced Member

Syed Sistani allows classical music (i.e. that of a violin).

His rule for music is that if it is suitable for gatherings, it is haraam. All other types are halal.

What does he mean by gatherings? Classical music can still be used for "gatherings".

• Forum Administrators

Yeah that's kind of vague. Any kind of music can be used for gatherings or not used for gatherings.

I've always thought it's very helpful. Think of any music you would like to listen to and then ask yourself if it is performed in concerts and other gatherings. If it is, then it is definitely not allowed. This would cover most music listened to by adults.

The only exceptions would be things like nursery rhymes and whale music, but even then I can think of a rhyme that had a recent 'pop' version, which would not be allowed. I am being deliberately vague here to stop people googling for it.

• Basic Members

Syed Sistani allows classical music (i.e. that of a violin).

His rule for music is that if it is suitable for gatherings, it is haraam. All other types are halal.

Lol what differentiates nasheed that Bassim Al Karbali sings at the shrines and that the musicians perform at other types of gatherings, i.e., churches, arenas, and other entertainment centers. Please don't tell me because you're remembering the imams by creating a drum noise on your chest. The Christians remember Allah(swt) too at church by singing, yet Allah(swt) mentions a group in the quran who sings in there places of worship and how they are wrong.

Be fair