Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Female Ejaculation

Rate this topic

-Fatima-

• Advanced Member

Salam sisters.

As a part of my research, it came to my attention that there is "female ejaculation", without sexual contact.

Is this true? If so, do we have ghusl for this, for example like ghusl-e-janabat for males?

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Yes it is true. Some white liquid . Its not called ejaculation though ,it doesn't smell.. and it doesn't happen to everyone .

I've been told that only wudhu is required. The scholars don't have an exact fatwa for this .

Edited by -Enlightened

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Yes it is true. Some white liquid . Its not called ejaculation though ,it doesn't smell.. and it doesn't happen to everyone .

I've been told that only wudhu is required. The scholars don't have an exact fatwa for this .

This is what I found on Ayatollah Sistani's website: http://sistani.org/index.php?p=297396&id=262&page=1&perpage=10

لیس للمراة مني كمني الرجل المشتمل علی الحویمنات ولكن ثبت بموجب النصوص الواردة عن ائمة الهدی علیهم السلام ان السائل الذي يخرج منها عند بلوغ الذروة في التهيج الجنسي بحكم المني في الرجل

فیوجب نزوله بها الجنابة وكذا على الاحوط ما يخرج منها قبل ذلك اذا كان كثيرا, والعادة السریة كما هي محرمة في حق الرجل كذلك محرمة في حق المراة

If I read it correctly, it is stating that this state is similar to janabah in men so does it imply that ghusl is required? Who told you that only wudhu was required?

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

If a woman ejaculates, then as an obligatory precaution she should also do the ghusl of janabat provided that the discharge came with sexual passion and she felt relaxed after it (i.e. orgasm/climax). But if the secretion lacks sexual passion and she does not attain a feeling of relaxation after the discharge, then the discharge is not considered impure and an ablution is not obligatory upon her.[1] When a woman reaches orgasm and a fluid is discharged from her, she becomes junub and ghusl of janābah becomes obligatory for her. However, if she doubts whether she has reached this stage, or whether there was a discharge, ghusl does not become obligatory on her.

Source

Hope that helps.

• Veteran Member
Fadhlallah says that the women don't have sperm so they do not need to do ghusl after 'ejaculation' or any other arousal.

Here is his fatwa and the link:

Q: Must a woman wash if she had wet dream?

A: I have already said that woman has no spermatic fluid, but if this supposition were true, then woman’s wet dream would be the same as man’s; that is, if she dreams of having sex with a man without a consequent fluid, after examining her clothes, she doesn’t have to wash, but if there is -in accordance, with the supposition - she has to wash. However, it is well known that woman doesn’t have that liquid which comes out from man upon sexual intercourse. Thus, we believe that wash is not a must for women who have sexual dreams.

http://english.bayyn...rudence/sex.htm

In the past the scholars were ignorant about the contents of the females ejaculatory fluid, and didn't know if there was sperm or not, so they issued fatwas saying that the female needs to do ghusl.

Sistani might be imitating one of the previous scholars verdicts on this issue because he hasn't done any further research into it. He is giving the verdict of obligatory precaution, obligatory precaution means he is not certain of it but is saying to do the ghusl out of precaution. When there is a precaution verdict the followers can choose to follow the precation or they can follow another scholar who has a definite verdict such as Fadhlallah.

Fadhlallah's verdict is based on his research into the science of this subject, and he has determined based on science that the female does not have sperm.

• Advanced Member

Thanks everyone. According to the west, they haven't really confirmed it as "ejaculation" either. Thank you ladies, it's quite a sensitive topic, however there is no shame in religion.

Inshaa Allah some sisters benefited from this. May Allah reward you all. Wassalam :)

Edited by -Fatima-

• 3 weeks later...

Don't follow the fatwa by Fadhlullah. It's wrong. You cannot analogize in the matter of religion.

Just go with the fatwa by Sistani or other traditional marajas.

Don't call a marjaa "wrong" easily. Instead, you should call him "shaky" that means some stuff he says don't convince you. Saying he's wrong like you went to hawza amd studied islam like he did is wrong too.

Edited by Walkin' Fashion Statement

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

The best advice given is the quote that ireallywannaknow has provided. If it is in any way related to a sexual passion then it is better to do the ghusul. If not then it may just be discharge, which does not require it.

i just want to say to Enlightened that while fadhlullah may have done extensive research, some rules were set from the time of our prophet which cannot be changed because of new research and it is best to take them as they were stated.

It's not wajib for women after they become janab?

Yes it is wajib if they are janab.

• Unregistered

The best advice given is the quote that ireallywannaknow has provided. If it is in any way related to a sexual passion then it is better to do the ghusul. If not then it may just be discharge, which does not require it.

i just want to say to Enlightened that while fadhlullah may have done extensive research, some rules were set from the time of our prophet which cannot be changed because of new research and it is best to take them as they were stated.

Yes it is wajib if they are janab.

I was wondering what sister Enlightened meant, I know the ruling and all.

Also, I've yet to come across a Hadith that says anything about women and the subject.

It's all about the men.

Not saying that I'm with Fadhlallah on the subject, just throwing that out that.