Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Brothers , Can You Handle A 2Nd, 3Rd Or 4Th Wife?

Rate this topic

:Sami

(salam)

This is a serious question brothers .

Many men find it difficult to please and keep one happy wife these days.

Let alone a 2nd , 3rd or 4th.

The logistics is a nightmare .

The financial burden , imagine 4 credit cards maxing out every month.

Or that time of the month times 4.

Multiply that by say 4 kids each .

that's a family of 21 people .

You will need a bus .

And 4 mother-in -laws to deal with.

4 mortgages .

and 4 anniversaries to remember.

now let's get real , who can handle this ?

Which of the brothers can take this on , and treat all of them equally and be a husband and satisfy all :Islamic conditions ?

wa

• Veteran Member
Brothers , Can You Handle A 2Nd, 3Rd Or 4Th Wife?

I don't think anyone here can. All polygamous men and their women I know of are always very mature, very realistic, down to earth individuals not special or considering themselves special in any way and they are always mid aged. They are all always grateful for being in a group that benefits them all and treats them equally and shares love, respect and the bounties of life. They appear to be the "have-not-s" to everyone else while they have everything. We're not like that. We're educated. We're rich. We're special. We're damned. We want all or nothing. All we're concerned with is ourselves and our interests. We grew up in a world where this is the norm.

• Banned

Could I handle more than one woman? Only Allah (swt) knows. Would I want more than one? Heck no. That's greedy in this day and age. Polygamy was because there were more women than men (since men died in battle). This is no longer the case, so it's only pure greed that a man would have more than one wife. Leave some for the rest of the men out there.

No, I could not handle more than one wife. Not for any reasons listed by the OP, but because I know that I would not be able to treat them fairly and equally. I would pick a favorite. So, therefore, it is haraam for me to have multiple wives. :)

وإن خفتم ألا تقسطوا في اليتامى فانكحوا ما طاب لكم من النساء مثنى وثلاث ورباع فإن خفتم ألا تعدلوا فواحدة أو ما ملكت أيمانكم ذلك أدنى ألا تعولوا

Question: Can we do multiple mutahs after we have acquired 4 wives?

It is halal. Although, I would question the reason why you would want to. Are you doing it for pure intentions? Mutah was designed so that you would be protected from sin. If you have 4 wives (or one for that matter) are you really tempted to commit sin? If so, you might need to reevaluate yourself.

my young enlightened dear bro ,

you think it is that easy in having 4 + wives.

you will be in for a shock .

it is like heaven and hell at the same time .

it is like heaven because all your boyhood fantasies have come true .

it is hell because they are women , and there are now many to rip you apart.

let me tell you something about having many wives.

they have their monthlys all at the same time.

it's got to do with their cycles becoming in sync as they all revolve around you .

so imagine putting up with PMS X4 .

good luck bro.

may :Allah (swt) have mercy on your soul .

Edited by :Sami

well i remember there was a time when my parents were willing to pay me an insane amount of money just to get married and being the superminded man that i am i started to look at the deal more realistically and i came up with a project , following are some details of that project.

buy/mutah 200 girls from pakistan/afganistan ( yep their parents sell them in the name of marriage)

get 4 permanent wives

get a farm in a remote location preferably near the mountains

build a dorm for the 200 girls

seprate them into four houses

have each permanent wife head one house

and then all is fun and games

educate them, have inter house competitions

then at the end of the term decide on merit basis which of the girls can be permanently married to a deserving momin

take 10% of the mahr and reinvest it.

my logic behind the whole project was..if you have to go insane might as well make it big ! i mean it takes the same amount of mental energy to deal with one wife or 204

anyways didnt really pan out, i was too lazy

i actually came up with a similar plan when i was 14 .

I got all my brothers and cousins together .

I made a plan to take over the city we were in .

there was 10 of us .

we each get 4 wives and have four children/wife.

so that's 160 shia kids in the first generation .

by the 5 th generation , we would have taken over the city .

by the 6th the country , and by the 7th the world.

they all laughed at me .

40+ years later most of them are married with 1 wife and 2.3 kids.

I have almost my 4 , but don't have the numbers to get into exponential duplication.

on my own , it will take my 122,897 years .

Edited by :Sami

Or, if you have a low sperm count/infertile than your wives can divorce you, Islamically. Then she can leave you and get impregnated by another man

Lets be honest here, if most of you manage to get one wife then you will have done well.. ( arranged marriage to your cousin isnt that bad, so Ive been told)

Other than that Happy New Year Kids!

sami you are way more superminded than i am :(

well i could help you but personally i cant bring myself to take the responsibility of bringing new life in this world till i find the purpose and meaning of life itself...from the looks of it , it seems like i never will

perhaps when you bring a little nobody jnr , you will find yourself ,

out of curiosity , how much did your parents offer you for marriage , $1M , 2 , 3 , or $10M??