Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Going Out Of The House For Entertainment

Rate this topic

starlight

• Moderators

1.Is there anything in islam that forbids or discourages people esp women, to go out of their homes for entertainment?e.g shopping,parks,eating out,going for walks (women observe hijab and there isnt israaf associated with the shopping,lol) 2. Does islam forbid/ discourage people but more specifically women to leave the house after maghrib? Thanks

• Veteran Member

I don't know if anyone else has noticed it but things are changing in America. First I noticed it at whole foods, now Jewel is the same. Their associates are really friendly, I would say too friendly. First they were cranky and really busy in their work, If I asked a question, they would try to get rid of me, or they were professional, now they are all cheerful and helpful. I don't like to go to malls anymore. Especially whole foods has young and good looking associates who give you special treatment.

• Advanced Member

1.Is there anything in islam that forbids or discourages people esp women, to go out of their homes for entertainment?e.g shopping,parks,eating out,going for walks (women observe hijab and there isnt israaf associated with the shopping,lol) 2. Does islam forbid/ discourage people but more specifically women to leave the house after maghrib? Thanks

As far as I am aware, I have seen no fatwa or hadith which says that somebody (including women) should not go out for entertainment.after maghrib. Of course provided the entertainment is halal eg no musi,c no mixed gatehrings etc.

I know in a few middle eastern cultures it is frowned upon for a woman to be out after maghrib. However I have never found a religious reason behind this and it seems purely cultural or in regards to it 'not being safe for women to be out late'

Islamically, if a woman is not going against the wishes of her husband and she is staying away from potential sin I don't see why there should be a religious issue.

1. yes

2. yes

If you have any sources please quote them as I would love to learn more.

OP: as long as you are going to the entertainment place where haram is not instituted, then you are fine as long as you keep your Islamic modesty (hijab physical and social, voice, makeup, surrounding, alone or with a group, and so on).

Going to any entertainment place where haram is instituted (such as bars, clubs, dance parties, sheesha bars with belly dancers, and other such places which institute haram) is haram for both men and women. Specially for men.

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Assalam o Alykum,

Is there anything in islam that forbids or discourages people esp women, to go out of their homes for entertainment? e.g shopping,parks,eating out,going for walks (if women observe hijab and there isnt israaf associated with the shopping too)

Wasalam

Ans- Whatever the case is, a woman's leaving home should be with the permission of her husband who if permits and there is no bad consequences, it is no problem.

According to H.E Khamenei