Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali-Reza

Another Ayah Of Quran About Imams!

Rate this topic

So I was studying and I came across this Ayah which supports Imams and even better revelation to them!

(bismillah)

وَإِذْ أَوْحَيْتُ إِلَى الْحَوَارِيِّينَ أَنْ آمِنُوا بِي وَبِرَسُولِي قَالُوا آمَنَّا وَاشْهَدْ بِأَنَّنَا مُسْلِمُونَ

Shakir 5:11

And when I revealed to the disciples, saying, Believe in Me and My messenger, they said: We believe and bear witness that we submit (ourselves)

I don't think Allah (swt) was talking about all the companions since there were thousands of them. It was about Ahlulbayt (as)

So I was studying and I came across this Ayah which supports Imams and even better revelation to them!

(bismillah)

وَإِذْ أَوْحَيْتُ إِلَى الْحَوَارِيِّينَ أَنْ آمِنُوا بِي وَبِرَسُولِي قَالُوا آمَنَّا وَاشْهَدْ بِأَنَّنَا مُسْلِمُونَ

And when I revealed to the disciples, saying, Believe in Me and My messenger, they said: We believe and bear witness that we submit (ourselves)

I don't think Allah (swt) was talking about all the companions since there were thousands of them. It was about Ahlulbayt (as)

Preceding verse is about the disciples of Isa (as), verse after is about disciples of Isa (as). It's clearly about the disciples of Isa (as).

(bismillah)

(salam)

Very beautiful words from the Holy Qur'an. It should be 5:111. Maybe a mod/admin can edit your post.

(bismillah)

Wassalaam

Brother with all due respect we really shouldn't jump too conclusions, especially with regards to the meaning of the Qur'an. If you read the previous Ayah, it's clearly referring to the Companions (ra) of Prophet Esa (as).

(bismillah)

(salam)

Very beautiful words from the Holy Qur'an. It should be 5:111. Maybe a mod/admin can edit your post.

Sorry I totally mistook that quote :/

My point still stands. that If Moses (as) had disciples who got Wahi according Quran 5:12, 12 of them and Jesus (as) had disciples (some say 12 of them) and they also Wahi as all according to 5:111, the best of prophets Mohammad (pbuh) doesn't get any disciples? and if he does they don't get any Wahi. He did have disciples who were a few who got Wahi

Anyways, I think this is a better argument. And yes I wish I could modify my first post I totally blew it.

Salaam,

I'm not sure I understand your last post. Are you saying some of the companions of the Prophet (as) / Imams got wahi?

I think nobody here is thinking of the fact that there are multiple dimensions to every chapter, word, and letter of the Qur'an. Just because in the context of this ayat our Prophet Isa (as) is mentioned, does not mean that this could apply to other prophets and our Prophet Muhamad (as).

Just as a side note, I was told once by a knowledgeable scholar that whenever Allah (swt) refers to "believers" or "the pious," etc., he is referring to the Shias.

(salam)

This is from a little bit ago so my mind isn't in the same set. This particular verse applies to immediate apostles of Jesus (as) who received wahi. so they can teach the religion after Jesus (as). And same verses in 5:12 indicates for those after Moses (as). The argument is that if they did indeed receive Wahi, then why is that non Shias don't believe Ahlulbayt and our holy Imams (as) could receive Wahi after prophet. In fact all the Duas we have, a lot of them are from Allah (swt) (like Joshan Kabir, etc)

(bismillah)

وَجَعَلْنَاهُمْ أَئِمَّةً يَهْدُونَ بِأَمْرِنَا وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْهِمْ فِعْلَ الْخَيْرَاتِ وَإِقَامَ الصَّلَاةِ وَإِيتَاءَ الزَّكَاةِ ۖ وَكَانُوا لَنَا عَابِدِينَ

"And We made them leaders, guiding by Our Command, and We have revealed to them to do good deeds, to establish regular prayers, and to practise regular charity; and they constantly served Us (and Us only)." [21:73]

And there are narrations which talk about these verse referring to the Imam's (as) appointed by Imam's (as) starting from Ibrahim to the Imam Qaim (atfs).

Wassalam.

(pbuh)

(bismillah)

5_55.png

"Only Allah is your Vali and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay the poor-rate while they bow." [5:55]

M.H. Shakir, Sunni translator.

Another one of ayats about the imams, this referring to Imam Ali (A.S.)

http://www.wilayatmi...m/EngBooks.html

Salam there is a book called tafseer al masoomeen check it out

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Thank you for ^ that link. Here is the pdf file of that book: http://www.wilayatmi...oks/Tafseer.pdf

(pbuh)

(bismillah)

5_55.png

"Only Allah is your Vali and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay the poor-rate while they bow." [5:55]

M.H. Shakir, Sunni translator.

Another one of ayats about the imams, this referring to Imam Ali (A.S.)

(salam)

The correct tranliteration is "walikumu". An example of "wali" is @ 12:101.