Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Memorized The Quran ..

Rate this topic

Ayeesha

you know, Allah will more appreciate your efforts if u can know what his words means,instead of just memorizing ARABIC texts....but yeah I am not against being hafiz or some thing...but make sure u also understand what the arabic TEXT means....

Edited by Quranist

• Advanced Member

Which Surah are you stuck on? On which 14?

But practice practice practice. Never let one day pass you And Allah swt will make it easy on you.

And about knowing the meaning in shaa Allah. I have a English translation and the tafsir.

Jazakallah'khair oxox for all the support. Btw starting from the back is easier. Once you learn all the big Surah (Al baqarah) you memorization will be amazing but we all have different way to learn. :) but Allah swt gives you what you think if you think the Quran is hrs to memorize than itll be hard for you but if you stay positive and think its easy than it'll be easy for you. I read a story online thus lady made du'a to Allah swt and she memorized the whole Quran In less than one month Subhan'Allah. May Allah swt give you sabr and bless you with carrying his words on your chest. Ameen.

And We have indeed made the Qur’an easy to understand and remember; then is there anyone who will remember)

Surah 64 Al Qamar Verse 9 -17

you know, Allah will more appreciate your efforts if u can know what his words means,instead of just memorizing ARABIC texts....but yeah I am not against being hafiz or some thing...but make sure u also understand what the arabic TEXT means....

Why do you need to ruin a good thing by bringing this up? Too many people use this as an excuse to not memorize at all. You need to do both.

Why do you need to ruin a good thing by bringing this up? Too many people use this as an excuse to not memorize at all. You need to do both.

Whoa, is that an excuse?

I was at a point spending a lot of time memorizing and after talking to a few people I was consistently getting the argument that mindless memorization won't be as helpful, I should be reading and understanding the translation instead. I couldn't disagree... what am I comparing, finding out what Allah is actually saying, vs repetition of the poetry?