Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

New Tomb For Our Imams In Samarra

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I went Samarra a couple of years ago. It was almost in ruins - like our Imams (as) were oppressed even after their deaths. People who worked there told us that Imam Mahdi (af) had come to visit after the bomb and was lamenting.

This is so nice to see. I hope it is restored very soon with this beautiful shrine.

• Advanced Member

I've been there for ashura, they have already built the Zarihs, they still have a lot of work to do.

I don't know why this took so long....

Unfortunately it's taking long due to government corruption and shi'ites and sunnis are arguing over who should run the shrine.

Edited by HassoonBazoon

• Advanced Member

Yes you are right government are corrupt but it doesn't help when you send millions to people like sistani in Khums and he does nothing about it, leaving it the way it is for years. In fact when I went there was a picture if a guy who I think funded it. I went again after 10th muharram and his picture was no longer there.

Why should Sunnis have access? They have no right whatsoever, they don't believe in Imamate so why should they be in control.

• Forum Administrators

Why should Sunnis have access? They have no right whatsoever, they don't believe in Imamate so why should they be in control.

AFAIK the area is predominantly Sunni. So unless the locals are kept onside it'll be hard to do anything there.

• Advanced Member

I went there last year AlhumduLilah, from the outside and even the inside there is still a lot of work to be done, but thankfully you can go inside, see and touch the current tombs of the Imams A.S (and you can see the graves very clearly inside).

There is unfortunately still a lot of danger in that area I was told. Infact the very same tour group I went with told me that the year prior when after they had parked in the parking lot, about 5 minutes later a bomb went off in the parking lot that just missed them, the place is still very volatile that's why whichever group you go with now to Samarra they will only take you there for 1 day for about 2-3 hours. InshAllah i hope the situation improves!