Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Are Sunni,s So Anti Shia

Rate this topic

khadija47

• Advanced Member

assalaam u alaykum. LOL I've never heard that washing feet in wudu was a problem before? But isn't washing just wiping again and again. So shouldnt the wudu still be valid?

(bismillah)

(salam)

..Yes, I'm sure that'll fly with Allah [azza wa jal], you know, abrogate the Qur`an to what you want to do rather than what it says to do. Breaking down the Arabic, the word "Wash" appears for just your face and hands as it says: [Qur`an 5:6] "O you who believe! when you rise up to prayer, wash your faces and your hands as far as the elbows" (يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِذَا قُمْتُمْ إِلَى الصَّلَاةِ فَاغْسِلُوا وُجُوهَكُمْ وَأَيْدِيَكُمْ إِلَى الْمَرَافِقِ), then the conjunction "and" (wa/وَ) following the second command of what is wiped comes saying: [Qur`an 5:6] "(what came before)..wipe your heads and your feet to the ankles" (امْسَحُوا بِرُءُوسِكُمْ وَأَرْجُلَكُمْ إِلَى الْكَعْبَيْنِ). The word used for "wash" (فَاغْسِلُوا from the root 'Gha-Sa-La' [غ-س-ل]) is not there when it comes to the feet, rather it is the continuation of what is to be wiped (امْسَحُوا from the root M-S-H [م س ح]).

The words "and wash" are always added by itself in parentheses, except in the translation of "Sahih International" (as far as I've seen at least), showing that its not part of the original Arabic (as discussed here as well). What you're doing implying this that "Since washing is wiping many times shouldn't it still be valid" is a clear case of "Personal Opinion versus Divine Decree" (and honestly just foolish), seeing as you're trying to change what the Qur`an is saying to what you want to do.

(salam)

• Veteran Member

(salam)

the reason i am not answering is, because Allah made me a muslim and in Islam, once the details out, you people shall brand me a Shia/Sunni muslim/islam...

Right.

Sahih International

O you who have believed, when you rise to [perform] prayer, wash your faces and your forearms to the elbows and wipe over your heads and wash your feet to the ankles. And if you are in a state of janabah, then purify yourselves. But if you are ill or on a journey or one of you comes from the place of relieving himself or you have contacted women and do not find water, then seek clean earth and wipe over your faces and hands with it. Allah does not intend to make difficulty for you, but He intends to purify you and complete His favor upon you that you may be grateful.

Stop playing this mickey mouse game of "I am a Muslim and not a Shi'a or a Sunni". It sounds nice on paper, but in reality, you have just shot yourself on the foot.

Why do you quote Sahih International which is a Sunni book? And leave out a Shi'a book?

Keep this I am a Muslim only for a dscussion with an atheist please.

• Advanced Member

Disallowing mutah was stupid, instead of standing alone for taraweeh combining all people and making a jamat was stupid, implying more strictness on alcholic personalitys was stupid.

I don't understand what you are talking about here. If you are referring to the Innovations introduced by Umar Ibn Khattab, then yes I completely agree. Each and everyone one of them was stupid. You also forget to mention the Adhan. He changed that too...

And the things related to wudhu its getting urself clean before salat so instead of wiping, washing ur feet makes u cleaner than y not i know ur answer it will be its mentioned in holy book.

Qur'an says to wipe but because you know better than Allah who is the author of the Qur'an we should all wash because it cleans our feet more efficiently?

O.o

You are aware that wudhu is more of a spiritual wash or purification, not a physical one?

so from where the hell matam came from, and to curse people are they believe of muslims???, dont tell me we are following the holy book. i too know how much u follow and how much u have doubts....

I have no idea. I am yet to see a single authentic Hadith which proves our Imams did this. I don't understand the rest of your comment Brother.

as a female personality dont u think mutah is injustice to womans as u too know what is mostly in a mans mind. so dont tell me that missery marriage concept its useless

So the Prophet (sawa) and a good amount of the companions all did injustice to woman? SubhanAllah, how little it is they reflect...

we prefer white outfits u prefer black outfits so who are the black sheeps in the white sheep flock.... thats wt ateef is trying 2 say

It is discouraged to wear black as far as I know except in times of mourning. So no, we dont prefer black. Btw, sheep have nothing to do with mourning the Master of Martyr's (as).

And the thing is i have read most of the documents of shia believe instead of sunni but i didnt engaged myself 2 revert because i know that im not a son of yazid or muawiya or 3 caliphs i know whom we worship and whom we praise. And 2 u people too negativity are highlited about us.... so chill

I dont undertand what you are trying to say here but let me say... Muawiyah was a power hungry individual who would stop at nothing until he gained the Caliphate. I mean, Imam Hassan (as) had to relinquish the seat of power just so Muslims would stop being killed for goodness sake. His horrid son was no better. The people who fought our Prophet (sawa) didn't acknowledge Islam, they were in ignorance but those individuals you mentioned did acknowledge Islam and still fought against the flesh and blood of the Prophet of Allah. Ill let you decide who was worse...

• Advanced Member

Disallowing mutah was stupid, instead of standing alone for taraweeh combining all people and making a jamat was stupid, implying more strictness on alcholic personalitys was stupid. And the things related to wudhu its getting urself clean before salat so instead of wiping, washing ur feet makes u cleaner than y not i know ur answer it will be its mentioned in holy book. so from where the hell matam came from, and to curse people are they believe of muslims???, dont tell me we are following the holy book. i too know how much u follow and how much u have doubts.... as a female personality dont u think mutah is injustice to womans as u too know what is mostly in a mans mind. so dont tell me that missery marriage concept its useless

we prefer white outfits u prefer black outfits so who are the black sheeps in the white sheep flock.... thats wt ateef is trying 2 say

And the thing is i have read most of the documents of shia believe instead of sunni but i didnt engaged myself 2 revert because i know that im not a son of yazid or muawiya or 3 caliphs i know whom we worship and whom we praise. And 2 u people too negativity are highlited about us.... so chill

ANd the insane personality who started this thread its obvious what ur colleague says to u. if i would be a shia and i have told my shia colleagues i am reverting to sunni do u think they would have praised me or criticized me??

so from your logic i name the thread why shias are so anti-sunni ???

Ok you have to admit, sunnis are more anti shia than shias being anti sunni

if that wasn't the case, then why are there so many shias being killed by stupid sunni wahabis?

when shias present the bad side of Umar, abubakr etc, they usually use evidence. However, a lot of sunnis are brainwashed into believing the misconceptions about us shias (shias believe in a different quran, shias worship graves, etc,etc) , with all these lies being spread around, it is very common for sunnis to accuse us of being kuffar, and they generally end up being anti-shia (im not labeling all sunnis)

and your black and white outfits analogy doesn't make sense, what are you trying to imply??

whether mutah is unjust from a womans perspective [as u claim] it is still halal and the prophet permitted muslims to engage in these temporary marriages, but it was Umar who forbade it, who is Umar to eliminate what Allah has made lawful for us Muslims??

and u talk about matam, i agree with u on it being not right, i totally agree. i believe that its ok to cry and stuff, and beating chest lightly out of culture is ok. but i know that the chains and the knives and stuff is wrong, and many other shia scholars believe so as well.

and whats wrong with cursing?? Allah curses in the holy Quran, the prophet's daughter fatimah (as) cursed Abu bakr and Umar for taking her right to inherit away from her. So technically theres nothing wrong with cursing.

It is discouraged to wear black as far as I know except in times of mourning. So no, we dont prefer black. Btw, sheep have nothing to do with mourning the Master of Martyr's (as).

loool

she/he didnt mean literally wearing black, she/he is implying that shias are the 'odd black sheep' in the mob of 'white sheep' , well thats what i think she/hes saying anyway

@everyone, Let me clear somethings, I like the Black as well as the white sheeps,

As far as the translation I have put forth are sunni ones, i made a point to list all the authors, and the some idots cannot see, i have listed a shia reference also,

Whats wrong with you all,All nuts....

• Veteran Member

@everyone, Let me clear somethings, I like the Black as well as the white sheeps,

As far as the translation I have put forth are sunni ones, i made a point to list all the authors, and the some idots cannot see, i have listed a shia reference also,

Whats wrong with you all,All nuts....

You quoute a Sunni Hadeeth to explain this verse and want us to believe you are not affiliated with any sect?

Crazy!

You quoute a Sunni Hadeeth to explain this verse and want us to believe you are not affiliated with any sect?

Crazy!

Ok Listen, I Like Black and White Sheeps, But I hate the WOLVES...who come among them...

I never put things here for you all to believe I am not among Sunni/Shia, its just my clearing...And Allah Knows the best

Yes I quoted Sunni Hadeeth, Its Coz Google.com is gone sunni...

• Advanced Member

I don't understand what you are talking about here. If you are referring to the Innovations introduced by Umar Ibn Khattab, then yes I completely agree. Each and everyone one of them was stupid. You also forget to mention the Adhan. He changed that too...

Qur'an says to wipe but because you know better than Allah who is the author of the Qur'an we should all wash because it cleans our feet more efficiently?

O.o

You are aware that wudhu is more of a spiritual wash or purification, not a physical one?

I have no idea. I am yet to see a single authentic Hadith which proves our Imams did this. I don't understand the rest of your comment Brother.

So the Prophet (sawa) and a good amount of the companions all did injustice to woman? SubhanAllah, how little it is they reflect...

I dont undertand what you are trying to say here but let me say... Muawiyah was a power hungry individual who would stop at nothing until he gained the Caliphate. I mean, Imam Hassan (as) had to relinquish the seat of power just so Muslims would stop being killed for goodness sake. His horrid son was no better. The people who fought our Prophet (sawa) didn't acknowledge Islam, they were in ignorance but those individuals you mentioned did acknowledge Islam and still fought against the flesh and blood of the Prophet of Allah. Ill let you decide who was worse...

The thing is when u have so much hatred towards a person its obvious that u don't consider his positive aspects. So if he had saved someones life from danger then too u would have considered it as stupid so go on bro

And my brother no one knows better than almighty and just wiping your feet makes u purified with untidy feet then go on Allah knows the intention of a person which has grater aspect.

First of all don' t start comparing these things with prophet there can be no comparison. mutah was allowed to prophet by almighty but the others will use it in negative ways that's why hazrat umar prohibit it . Ill tell u frankly still now arabs comes to india have a mutah for around 1 week with poor class family girls then they leave. so according to shia believe its not wrong the girl family is also getting some money and that pathetic guy did that crime in a halal way so what muslims are reflecting from this ??

I too know that battle of karbala was a political war for khilafat to yazid but shias believe it was a holy war. but my point is that shia says that we support yazid and its not. If u people think that we have only 3 caliphs in our mind and heart then during salat we too have used hazrat umar as a medium of network to almighty like u people have hazrat ali as a network medium during salat.....

safana

this is my logical reasoning on another thread which i have pasted here about killing....

I am little possessive about our religion thats why i cant accept any negativity related to it. When people in syria or palestine etc are killed i make dua for every muslim not for my sects of people every muslim because

1)i believe whoever believes in Allah and his messenger is a muslim as he has obeyed the first qalima.

so no sects of people in islam can be compared to kafir as they obey the first qalima that's what my thinking

And i didnt had a problem with you in past, in the last thread which we had a debate u taunted me that my salat will never be completed or accepted as i dont include imam ali in my prayers that words from you changed my attitude towards you.....

2)The conclusion is "One who raises a sword against another muslim is not a muslim" The word "sword" can refer to not just killing but cursing, negative attitude towards them etc. My brother if someday we meet we dont interact but we just see each other and greet each other with a smile that's also considered in " sawab" (good deeds) so if we have hatred in our mind towards each other where we will land on judgement day because almighty knows whats in you mind negativity or positiveness towards each other...

on judgement day You will surely be judge on your deeds but the almighty will ask u surely what you did for the sake of humanity and for muslims?? What will be your reply ???

cursing and finding drawbacks in people and taunting them is one of the biggest sin because it is not a part of a muslim belief....

compare my highlighted statement 1 and 2 and u will get the answer..........

my second reply to him because he referred to himself as kafir as he curses you know whom

ANd dont consider urself as kafir the word sword refers to killing i just added some more things so that i can take out the negativity from your heart.

And my dear sister i can paste walls of text of shias view on sunni but that dosent make sense to do so and its insane and related to mutah i have given some valid points to ali mussa hope u go through that........

ANd at last cursing from quran doesn't give u the authority to curse it was just to make us understand the outcome of unbelievers....

• Advanced Member

safana

this is my logical reasoning on another thread which i have pasted here about killing....

I am little possessive about our religion thats why i cant accept any negativity related to it. When people in syria or palestine etc are killed i make dua for every muslim not for my sects of people every muslim because

1)i believe whoever believes in Allah and his messenger is a muslim as he has obeyed the first qalima.

so no sects of people in islam can be compared to kafir as they obey the first qalima that's what my thinking

And i didnt had a problem with you in past, in the last thread which we had a debate u taunted me that my salat will never be completed or accepted as i dont include imam ali in my prayers that words from you changed my attitude towards you.....

2)The conclusion is " One who raises a sword against another muslim is not a muslim" The word "sword" can refer to not just killing but cursing, negative attitude towards them etc. My brother if someday we meet we dont interact but we just see each other and greet each other with a smile that's also considered in " sawab" (good deeds) so if we have hatred in our mind towards each other where we will land on judgement day because almighty knows whats in you mind negativity or positiveness towards each other...

on judgement day You will surely be judge on your deeds but the almighty will ask u surely what you did for the sake of humanity and for muslims?? What will be your reply ???

cursing and finding drawbacks in people and taunting them is one of the biggest sin because it is not a part of a muslim belief....

compare my highlighted statement 1 and 2 and u will get the answer..........

my second reply to him because he referred to himself as kafir as he curses you know whom

ANd dont consider urself as kafir the word sword refers to killing i just added some more things so that i can take out the negativity from your heart.

And my dear sister i can paste walls of text of shias view on sunni but that dosent make sense to do so and its insane and related to mutah i have given some valid points to ali mussa hope u go through that........

ANd at last cursing from quran doesn't give u the authority to curse it was just to make us understand the outcome of unbelievers....

When u say 'cursing' do u mean the cursing o the 3 caliphs, yazid, muawiya, etc. or do u mean cursing in general. because if u think that all shias do is curse sunnis, then let me inform u that thats not true.

u said this:

"And i didnt had a problem with you in past, in the last thread which we had a debate u taunted me that my salat will never be completed or accepted as i dont include imam ali in my prayers that words from you changed my attitude towards you....."

us shias don't include Imam ali (as) anywhere in prayer. imam ali is mentioned in the adhan as an optional thing that is not meant to be intended as a part of the adhan, but other then that, thats it.

u said this :

"mutah was allowed to prophet by almighty but the others will use it in negative ways that's why hazrat umar prohibit it . Ill tell u frankly still now arabs comes to india have a mutah for around 1 week with poor class family girls then they leave. so according to shia believe its not wrong the girl family is also getting some money and that pathetic guy did that crime in a halal way so what muslims are reflecting from this ??"

ok, my opinion regarding this:

• Umar has no right to prohibit what Allah has made lawful
  • therefore mutah is allowed
  • if mutah is going to be like prostitution, then Allah will deal with them. it doesn't mean that mutah has to be banned for everyone. its about the intention.
  • There are other temporary marriages which are allowed in sunni islam, these inculde: misayar marriage, urfa marriage, etc.

it doesnt seem you fully get the concept of mutah, i think you will understand it better after you watch the following:

also, u said:

"cursing and finding drawbacks in people and taunting them is one of the biggest sin because it is not a part of a muslim belief...."

maybe post #68 on this thread might have offended some sunnis, if i did , then i'm sorry.

i personally am not an anti-sunni person. there are a lot of sunnis where i live and we get along pretty well, of course there are those awkward sunni-shia moments when you're going to start a heated debate, but i have learnt to be tolerant of other muslims who belong to sects other than my own. so basically my point is, i get along pretty well with sunnis, but i dont necessarily agree with what they believe in. i go to a sunni school, so sitting my islamic exam is pretty...um... well lets just say....different. On this thread, i did not intend to "taunt" sunnis or make them feel bad or whatever, it was just a matter of telling u what's right.

Edited by safana

• Advanced Member

When u say 'cursing' do u mean the cursing o the 3 caliphs, yazid, muawiya, etc. or do u mean cursing in general. because if u think that all shias do is curse sunnis, then let me inform u that thats not true.

u said this:

"And i didnt had a problem with you in past, in the last thread which we had a debate u taunted me that my salat will never be completed or accepted as i dont include imam ali in my prayers that words from you changed my attitude towards you....."

us shias don't include Imam ali (as) anywhere in prayer. imam ali is mentioned in the adhan as an optional thing that is not meant to be intended as a part of the adhan, but other then that, thats it.

u said this :

"mutah was allowed to prophet by almighty but the others will use it in negative ways that's why hazrat umar prohibit it . Ill tell u frankly still now arabs comes to india have a mutah for around 1 week with poor class family girls then they leave. so according to shia believe its not wrong the girl family is also getting some money and that pathetic guy did that crime in a halal way so what muslims are reflecting from this ??"

ok, my opinion regarding this:

• Umar has no right to prohibit what Allah has made lawful
  • therefore mutah is allowed
  • if mutah is going to be like prostitution, then Allah will deal with them. it doesn't mean that mutah has to be banned for everyone. its about the intention.
  • There are other temporary marriages which are allowed in sunni islam, these inculde: misayar marriage, urfa marriage, etc.

it doesnt seem you fully get the concept of mutah, i think you will understand it better after you watch the following:

also, u said:

"cursing and finding drawbacks in people and taunting them is one of the biggest sin because it is not a part of a muslim belief...."

maybe post #68 on this thread might have offended some sunnis, if i did , then i'm sorry.

i personally am not an anti-sunni person. there are a lot of sunnis where i live and we get along pretty well, of course there are those awkward sunni-shia moments when you're going to start a heated debate, but i have learnt to be tolerant of other muslims who belong to sects other than my own. so basically my point is, i get along pretty well with sunnis, but i dont necessarily agree with what they believe in. i go to a sunni school, so sitting my islamic exam is pretty...um... well lets just say....different. On this thread, i did not intend to "taunt" sunnis or make them feel bad or whatever, it was just a matter of telling u what's right.

Cursing anyone is not a part of our beliefs my dear sister. i appreciate u are a very broad minded personality which is very uncommon in this site. The thing is if u feel that the 3 caliphs did wrong leave it to almighty as almighty created them so let almighty decide. ill give u my example suppose we are good friends and later you do something which hurted me a lot so my teaching says do not indulge myself in cursing u for the act u did to hurt me. for a time periods its ok its human behaviour. But later i should consider the positive aspect from ur side and even though we dont interact the hatred should not be there in the heart present......... And in some way or the other we just highlight the positive aspects of hazrat umar what he did for the sake of islam.......thats it

And regarding hazrat ali in prayers most people include him as i have spoken to shias in this site as they believe that Allah is closer to infallible and if we use their network medium during salat it will be accepted because they consider themselves as sinner..

you dont follow this belief great. have you heard about ghurabiya sect in shia and their beliefs???

And if u say if mutah is going to be like prostitution, then Allah will deal with them then again ill tell u the same thing if u feel that the 3 caliphs did wrong leave it to almighty as almighty created them so let almighty decide both our views are common in some way or the other.

ANd the video u posted i am unable to view that as we dont have access to watch videos and images in our office later this weekend ill watch at home only if it is short or else u mention the brief points of the video to me and we will discuss on it....

• Advanced Member

Cursing anyone is not a part of our beliefs my dear sister. i appreciate u are a very broad minded personality which is very uncommon in this site. The thing is if u feel that the 3 caliphs did wrong leave it to almighty as almighty created them so let almighty decide. ill give u my example suppose we are good friends and later you do something which hurted me a lot so my teaching says do not indulge myself in cursing u for the act u did to hurt me. for a time periods its ok its human behaviour. But later i should consider the positive aspect from ur side and even though we dont interact the hatred should not be there in the heart present......... And in some way or the other we just highlight the positive aspects of hazrat umar what he did for the sake of islam.......thats it

And regarding hazrat ali in prayers most people include him as i have spoken to shias in this site as they believe that Allah is closer to infallible and if we use their network medium during salat it will be accepted because they consider themselves as sinner..

you dont follow this belief great. have you heard about ghurabiya sect in shia and their beliefs???

And if u say if mutah is going to be like prostitution, then Allah will deal with them then again ill tell u the same thing if u feel that the 3 caliphs did wrong leave it to almighty as almighty created them so let almighty decide both our views are common in some way or the other.

ANd the video u posted i am unable to view that as we dont have access to watch videos and images in our office later this weekend ill watch at home only if it is short or else u mention the brief points of the video to me and we will discuss on it....

concerning the issue about prayer and Imam Ali (as)

if its prayer, like dua'a, then yes, i know what you're talking about.

but if you mean prayer as in salat, then i dont know what it is your talking about, because i dont even mention ali's (as) name throughout my salat.

I agree with you on the fact that it is Allah who has to decide what the wrong doer's fate should be. But the thing is cursing is not la'anah. when i send la'anah on the three caliphs, its not cursing, there is no equivilant translation for la'anah in the english language, so you'd find most translators end up translating 'la'anah' into 'cursing' , however , cursing in arabic is translated to 'sab'

therefore,

sab= cursing

la'anah= not cursing, but when you ask Allah to reduce his mercy on a person

so basically, Allah will decide on what the wrong doers punishment should be, but i have asked Allah to lower his mercy. Noticed, i have only ASKED. which means Allah can choose whether to withdraw his mercy or not. Cursing (i.e. sab) is haram in islam, whether u curse muslims or non-muslims.

AND Allah KNOWS BEST

here is a video which discusses the issue of la'anah in shia islam

Edited by safana

• Advanced Member

concerning the issue about prayer and Imam Ali (as)

if its prayer, like dua'a, then yes, i know what you're talking about.

but if you mean prayer as in salat, then i dont know what it is your talking about, because i dont even mention ali's (as) name throughout my salat.

I agree with you on the fact that it is Allah who has to decide what the wrong doer's fate should be. But the thing is cursing is not la'anah. when i send la'anah on the three caliphs, its not cursing, there is no equivilant translation for la'anah in the english language, so you'd find most translators end up translating 'la'anah' into 'cursing' , however , cursing in arabic is translated to 'sab'

therefore,

sab= cursing

la'anah= not cursing, but when you ask Allah to reduce his mercy on a person

so basically, Allah will decide on what the wrong doers punishment should be, but i have asked Allah to lower his mercy. Noticed, i have only ASKED. which means Allah can choose whether to withdraw his mercy or not. Cursing (i.e. sab) is haram in islam, whether u curse muslims or non-muslims.

AND Allah KNOWS BEST

here is a video which discusses the issure of la'anah in shia islam

It is not about mentioning hazrat ali name in salat it is about doing a neeyat (intention) to start salat in which u are not offering salat directly to almighty instead u are using hazrat ali as a mediator in salat neeyat (intention) as he is infallible and closer to almighty

Agreed that u are sending laanah and not cursing these people i would like to ask u something. According to you hazrat ali is brave or not?? My imam said that during the time of prophet no man could be compared to the bravery of Hazrat ali and i too believe that

one short incident of hazrat ali : Once hazrat ali had a friend who was non-muslim but they were very good friends. one day both were having an interaction in which hazrat ali friend disobeyed the prophet teachings and said some bad things about him as soon as hazrat ali heared this he stormed at him and made his body to touch ground soon after as hazrat ali pounced on his lying body the other person spat on hazrat ali face as soon as he did that hazrat ali let the person go. one man saw this and asked hazrat ali he disrespected u as he spat on ur face y did u let him go so easily hazrat ali replied i pounced at him because he disobeyed the prophet but when he disobeyed me i didnt felt bad

So considering these incident it shows the love of hazrat ali towards prophet and his bravery, a question goes in my mind

1) If hazrat umar was responsible for the killing of al-zahra and mohsin why did hazrat ali kept quiet ???

2) If the 3 caliphs were altering with quran and hadees why did hazrat ali didnt raise a voice of concern?? as the eg i gave u it shows any sign of disrespectfull towards prophet, hazrat ali could not accept it in any case

3) If imam hussain had only 72 people too fight against yazid thousands to save islam why didnt imam ali raise a war with the first caliph with the minor followers of him that time to save islam?????

• Advanced Member

It is not about mentioning hazrat ali name in salat it is about doing a neeyat (intention) to start salat in which u are not offering salat directly to almighty instead u are using hazrat ali as a mediator in salat neeyat (intention) as he is infallible and closer to almighty

i have never heard of this before, and i have never acted upon this, nor have i heard of someone act upon this. maybe you have misunderstood.

Agreed that u are sending laanah and not cursing these people i would like to ask u something.

what is it that you'll like to ask, because you straight away start talking about Imam Ali (as) and his bravery and i dont understand how imam Ali's (as) bravery and the issue of sending la'anah link?

1) If hazrat umar was responsible for the killing of al-zahra and mohsin why did hazrat ali kept quiet ???

i'll have to do a little bit of research. i'll get back to u inshallah

2) If the 3 caliphs were altering with quran and hadees why did hazrat ali didnt raise a voice of concern?? as the eg i gave u it shows any sign of disrespectfull towards prophet, hazrat ali could not accept it in any case

i havent heard of the 3 caliphs altering quran and hadeeths. and even if they did, how do u know that Ali (as) did not advise them not to? after all the quran is not fabricated or altered now...

3) If imam hussain had only 72 people too fight against yazid thousands to save islam why didnt imam ali raise a war with the first caliph with the minor followers of him that time to save islam?????

you said yourself in a previous post:

"One who raises a sword against another muslim is not a muslim"

so if imam Ali (as) had organised a war against the first 3 caliphs, which i think is a little too extreme in imam Ali's circumstances , then that would be the actions which are not that of what the prophet told us to do. islam is about peace, and creating a war against the first 3 caliphs would only deepen disunity, and create more hatred towards ahlualbayt.

With imam hussain (as) it was different because he and his followers where being attacked by Yazid, who only called himself a muslim, but did not even act like one, and therefore there was a need to defend the teachings of the prophet (pbuh) and ahlualbayt (as).

i need to do some research, im not 100% sure about this answer. ishallah i'll be able to extend on my answer soon

AND Allah KNOWS BEST

SALAM

Edited by safana

• Basic Members

As far as I know, I find many Sunnis unaware of Islamic studies. They do not go to the roots of Islam and study it. If we compare a Sunni child with a Shia child then you will find that a shia child is more knowledgeable in the matters of religion. And I have encountered this situation countless number of times. I find that the Sunni Muslims are afraid that their beliefs will be wronged if they study in depth into Shiaism. Hence, they have constructed this idea in their minds that Shia Muslims will brain wash you. And they are "kafirs" etc etc.

I do not think if you compared a sunni child and a shia child, the shi'a child will be more knowledgable in religion. If you yourself study in depth into Sunnism i can say you will be afraid about your own beliefs too. I do not believe in Sunnism or Shiasm, we are all muslims and believe in one god. There is no need for debates

• Forum Administrators

I do not believe in Sunnism or Shiasm, we are all muslims and believe in one god. There is no need for debates

AIUI what we consider God to be is quite different.

• Advanced Member

I do not think if you compared a sunni child and a shia child, the shi'a child will be more knowledgable in religion. If you yourself study in depth into Sunnism i can say you will be afraid about your own beliefs too. I do not believe in Sunnism or Shiasm, we are all muslims and believe in one god. There is no need for debates

Ahem ahem. I was previously a Sunni. Lol :D

I have family members that are sunni. The majority of my friends are sunni. They are not anti-shia, they simply are anti-shia ideas.

Cursing the abubakr , umar uthman, and ayesha.

Dislike shia's who do tatbir and cut themselves and bleed propusefully.

Dislike shia's who say things such as ' O hussein help me in my Dua'. Sunni's attest Allah swt does not require men who were born to help our prayers. Rather before these men were born prayers were accepted and after they die prayers will be accepted. Allah swt never dies and is eternall.(no beggining nor an end). It would seem very confusing for a Lord to require men to call upon his creation. X imam was born in year x. Before that year, no-one new who that Imam was. But suddenly everyone now needs to ask the Imam for Duas, and before they didn't?

Unlike misconception, they do have a concept of ashura, they do respect the Imams, but beleive they were good men, and not divinely appointed.

You could call me a shia. This is my gathered understanding.

• Advanced Member

This is most likely because of our difference of opinion about the sahaba. We Shia hate them, while the Sunnis love them. I can definitely tell you, that if I was a Sunni, I would hate the Shia because of this.

A minor correction if you don't mind.

We Shias dislike some Sahaba for what they did during the prohet's life and what they did after his death which was far worse.

But people like Ammar et al are crowns on our heads so to speak!

AIUI what we consider God to be is quite different.

I guess you should also find out by going to them what is Allah considered as!!!

A minor correction if you don't mind.

We Shias dislike some Sahaba for what they did during the prohet's life and what they did after his death which was far worse.

But people like Ammar et al are crowns on our heads so to speak!

Hmmn you got a point, but thats a marketing strategy of a Product

Thats Wonderful, The Path towards good, is always better, keep On Brother...May Allah Give you more ILM

Oh God..,

Ok ateef, are u part of the black or white sheep??

Say Allah and not GOD,

I am part of both, but certainly i do not like to be with the wolves, who come wearing skins of white sheep and black sheep

The Holy bible says

""Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are savage wolves."

I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. So be as cunning as serpents and as innocent as doves. King James Bible

The Bible uses wolves as an analolgy for those who prey upon Allah's "sheep."

• Advanced Member

i have never heard of this before, and i have never acted upon this, nor have i heard of someone act upon this. maybe you have misunderstood.

what is it that you'll like to ask, because you straight away start talking about Imam Ali (as) and his bravery and i dont understand how imam Ali's (as) bravery and the issue of sending la'anah link?

i'll have to do a little bit of research. i'll get back to u inshallah

i havent heard of the 3 caliphs altering quran and hadeeths. and even if they did, how do u know that Ali (as) did not advise them not to? after all the quran is not fabricated or altered now...

you said yourself in a previous post:

"One who raises a sword against another muslim is not a muslim"

so if imam Ali (as) had organised a war against the first 3 caliphs, which i think is a little too extreme in imam Ali's circumstances , then that would be the actions which are not that of what the prophet told us to do. islam is about peace, and creating a war against the first 3 caliphs would only deepen disunity, and create more hatred towards ahlualbayt.

With imam hussain (as) it was different because he and his followers where being attacked by Yazid, who only called himself a muslim, but did not even act like one, and therefore there was a need to defend the teachings of the prophet (pbuh) and ahlualbayt (as).

i need to do some research, im not 100% sure about this answer. ishallah i'll be able to extend on my answer soon

AND Allah KNOWS BEST

SALAM

Agreed that u are sending laanah and not cursing these people. i would like to ask u something.

sorry in a hurry i forgot to put that full stop after the world people as i wanted to stop cursing topic and move further there was no link between bravery and lanah.......

As you know that different sects were created instantly after prophets inteqal (death). so hazrat ali the responsible person after prophet was present that time. we follow the khalifs teachings and u say that u follow hazrat ali methods of teachings thats why we both major sects differ in prayers and much more. my point is if hazrat ali was responsible and if caliphs were doing whatever they want and if they do so that means they are going against prophet, it clearly indicates that they are disobeying the holy prophet. So why did hazrat ali didnt stop them by any means there would have been no sects in islam... And dont tell me prophet predicted about 73 sects but i think there are more than 260 different sects in islam according to WIKI

My dear sister i accept that islam is a religion of peace but when someone is altering with holy book and altering prophet teachings its more worse to keep quiet and let them do what they want because shia believes that sunnis completely altered prophet teachings. so who is responsible ?? the responsible person to let this happen after the prophet?? or the person who altered the teachings???

• Advanced Member

I have coverted to Islam almost three years ago. In reading the Quran it states do not devide among yourselfs into sets. So why is it that poeple in Islam divide themselves into different sets? is this not going against what the Quran is telling us not to do?

Actually.. we have not divided because we follow that what Prophet (pbuh) left for us - Quran and Ahl al-Bayt (as)

I have coverted to Islam almost three years ago. In reading the Quran it states do not devide among yourselfs into sets. So why is it that poeple in Islam divide themselves into different sets? is this not going against what the Quran is telling us not to do?

Salam Walaikum, Brother...Its Good to know You have come in Islam...

Yes Quran says do not divide, Actually, these are schools, each one providing one topic and way...

Now What happens among the Sects you will find people who are moderate and do not fight abuse or take it as sect, but just school...

And Also like me, who are not into any sect but Just ISLAM....

• Advanced Member

The real reason behind the shia hatred is the shia block's stance against the zionist state and its supporters. Most the sunni states have an implicit truce with the zionists and they just can't stand the shia's fighting them. The US supported sunni monarchics just fear loosing ground and support from their own people. Merely the feeling of the shia fighting against the evil makes them crazy. So what do they do? The would either claim that;

1. The shia - zionist war is a game to deceive the Ahlul Sunnah.

2. Shias are kaffir, they hate the sahaba, they wipe their feet ......................................etc

3. Whenever they talk about shia they would make extensive explanations about the ghulat as if 99% of the shia's are comprised of them. Pure slander.

which is hard to accept for any unbiased mind. Look at Saudi Arabia, Qatar and look at Iran and you will see who is benefitting from an alliance with the zionist state and who is fighting them with any means available .

Edited by Nesimi

• Veteran Member

You are divided too, sub sects among Shia too..Why do you lie???

those who separated from us are sects, not us, the Shia tweleve imamis/jafrsi school of thought, who follow what Allah has ordained by telling us to follow the quran and ahlulbayt.

• Veteran Member

Salam Walaikum, Brother...Its Good to know You have come in Islam...

Yes Quran says do not divide, Actually, these are schools, each one providing one topic and way...

Now What happens among the Sects you will find people who are moderate and do not fight abuse or take it as sect, but just school...

And Also like me, who are not into any sect but Just ISLAM....

You are actually a Sunni but you don't realises it, and i could even prove it.

• Advanced Member

:no:

What a childish argument, Allahu A`lam why you're not gone by now, you have baseless and circular arguments filled with zero logic and/or knowledge. Most Sunnis who came in this site act more wisely than you, at least they had something to back them up.

What a childish argument, Allahu A`lam why you're not gone by now, you have baseless and circular arguments filled with zero logic and/or knowledge. Most Sunnis who came in this site act more wisely than you, at least they had something to back them up.

If You Speak Logic you would know, Yes i do not have anything to back up, thats true, Atleast I do not call the brothers as PIGS as you called in the Chatroom, Nor do I spread hatred...

Ok tell me one Thing, On What logic are you spreading the hate between brothers???

• Advanced Member

If You Speak Logic you would know, Yes i do not have anything to back up, thats true, Atleast I do not call the brothers as PIGS as you called in the Chatroom, Nor do I spread hatred...

Ok tell me one Thing, On What logic are you spreading the hate between brothers???

1. That has nothing to do with your bad arguments.

2. On the logic put forth by the calibre of Non-Muslims as the person who said this, and the hardcore Wahabis who are not interested in learning or being proved wrong, rather lying about us to innocent minds. The one who was being discussed was

one. Edited by Al-Ajal Ya Imam

1. That has nothing to do with your bad arguments.

2. On the logic put forth by the calibre of Non-Muslims as the person who said this, and the hardcore Wahabis who are not interested in learning or being proved wrong, rather lying about us to innocent minds. The one who was being discussed was

one.

What Do You people think, When you Brothers Shia - Sunni fight with each other, with stupid reasons and excuses, Will not another one overcome you and put you both wrong and start their propaganda!!!

Wolves in Sheep Clothing are those, who fall excess in love or less in love , for a reason and start abusing and spreading hatred,Eating each others flesh and a lot more

Wolves in sheep clothing are the Shia (Yes) (Excuse Love for Hazrat Ali/Synopsis:Excess Love )

Wolves in sheep clothing are the Sunni (Yes) (Excuse Love For Prophet Muhaammdah/Synopsis:Excess love)

Wolves in sheep clothing are the Wahabi (Yes) (Excuse Wrong practice of Prophet and also Ali-Just Allah/Synopsis:No Love)