Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Help: Ahmad Hassani Baghdadi (Grand Ayatollah)

Rate this topic

Chris

• Advanced Member

Is it true that a Grand Ayatollah from Iraq, now living and supporting the anti-Assad rebels in Syria has issued a fatwa against Christians?

Apparently saying they must convert to Islam or die.

It doesn't make sense to see a Grand Ayatollah from Iraq siding with the anti-Shia rebels.

You can Google his name, or click here for the report.

Can anyone explain this story to me, is it true?

And if so, why is a Grand Ayatollah from Iraq supporting vehmently anti-Shiite rebels?

• Veteran Member

Is it true that a Grand Ayatollah from Iraq, now living and supporting the anti-Assad rebels in Syria has issued a fatwa against Christians?

Apparently saying they must convert to Islam or die.

A grand Ayatollah from Iraq issuing 'fatwa' on the Syrian conflict

A grand 'Shia' Ayatollah is backing terrorist rebels in Syria

A grand 'Shia' Ayatollah left every single issue behind, but issues a fatwa on Syrian Christians to convert

A grand 'Shia' Ayatollah from 'Baghdad' lives side by side with his Christian Iraqis but instead he wants the ones in Syria to convert

Are you sure it was grand Shia Ayatollah? I heard it was Pope from the Vatican issued a fatwa in support of Syrian rebels and asked them to convert the entire Alawite community to Salafism. :-D

• Advanced Member

Thanks to the member who e-mailed me his name in Arabic. So I did search him.

I found in 2004, on an "Iraqi Forum" someone wrote:

"Every Iraqi living in Syria knows that he is a member of Syrian intelligence."

Well that would make sense to me. The same day Mikati who is the Shia Prime Minister of Iraq, told the EU to stop encouraging Christian-Iraqis to leave. It is also not a Shiite thing to issue fatwas calling for Christians to convert or die. It also doesn't make sense that a Grand Ayatollah from Iraq is living in Syria, fighting the Assad regime. I am under the impression that the guy who wrote the "Ayatollah" was an agent of the Syrian regime may be very correct.

Thanks for the help.

Here is the link, I translated to English via Google:

http://translate.goo...ved=0CEsQ7gEwAQ

For Arabic readers, here is the original direct link:

http://www.iraqcente...read.php?t=5969

Edited by Chris

• Advanced Member

So now, he lives in Syria and is an agent of Syria? A grand Ayatollah cannot be an agent, he is either a grand Ayatollah or an agent of a Baathist government. The two cannot come together.

Well, he did apparently take part in fighting Americans in Iraq during the invasion.

I referred to him as a Grand Ayatollah because I read it on Wikipedia

So I came here to ask more knowledable members who specialize in the subject.

Vanilla Lady was kind enough to send me his name in Arabic, which I then found an Iraqi forum (from 2004).

A member wrote the guy was an agent of Syrian intelligence and living in Iraq.

That's all I really know other then the AsiaNews.it article which quotes an Egyptian TV station he did an interview with.

معروف عنه هذا الرجل بعثي

http://www.iraqcente...?t=5969&p=65898

اخوتي الاعزاء

يكاد كل عراقي مقيم في سوريا يعرف تماما مثلما انا اعرف ان (( السيد )) عميل للمخابرات السورية . وهو احد الذين ينهون الاعمال من السلطات السورية مقابل مبالغ معينة وكلنا نعرف من يستطيع عمل امور مثل هذه وهو جهة عادية غير حزبية يعني بشكل اخر عميل . هذه نقطة

النقطة الثانية هو انه مستعد للهجوم على اي شخص كان منصبه عالي او ( واطي ) وعلى منبر من منابرنا العريقة مقابل 5000 ليرة سورية تقريبا 100 دولار .

وغيرها من الامور وكما قلت سابقا معروف جدا في سوريا

http://www.iraqcenter.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5969&p=65898

Edited by Chris

eh but in conclusion he did not want to kill the Christians. This was fabrications.... aslan i'm confused about the entire thing. syrian agent or no agent....the point is people wanted to make troubles. does anyone know more about ahmad hassani? in the video is he saying he doesnt like sistani? how many people follow this guy?

• Advanced Member

eh but in conclusion he did not want to kill the Christians. This was fabrications.... aslan i'm confused about the entire thing. syrian agent or no agent....the point is people wanted to make troubles. does anyone know more about ahmad hassani? in the video is he saying he doesnt like sistani? how many people follow this guy?

We need to see the Egyptian TV report to be sure of what he said.

Now I am interested to find the truth about this report :)

The Iraqi forum said he was very opposed to the new Iraqi government. They said he was a Baathist in 2003, or 2004.

Does that mean he was a Shiite with Saddam's regime too? Cuz I believe Assad and Saddam were not on good terms.

Something is suspicious about this story.

• Advanced Member

I watched bits of an interview with him and I wouldn't be surprised if he said those things. Extremely weird. In the interview he does say things like "Either let them convert to Islam or die". Never seen a weirder Ayotollah except maybe Al-Shirazi.

This is the full interview in arabic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOgsm8B6JJ0

• Advanced Member

lollll okay i deleted that comment but anyway its probably just people stirring up trouble for different sects.....here he is... can hardly understand him tho

What kind of Ayatollah is he? The guy speaks Arabic like an illiterate villager.

Edited by Hannibal

• Advanced Member

I watched bits of an interview with him and I wouldn't be surprised if he said those things. Extremely weird. In the interview he does say things like "Either let them convert to Islam or die". Never seen a weirder Ayotollah except maybe Al-Shirazi.

This is the full interview in arabic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOgsm8B6JJ0

Which "Al-Shirazi" are you talking about? I'd love to know what so wierd about him.

Also bro/sis with respect I'd rather not watch an hour of the interview to just find the point where he says "Either let them convert to Islam or die" so if you could please point out the specific time so we can get the whole picture; I think that's a lot more credible than having a Israeli-media source (which probably backs the syrian rebels) make accusations of him being an "extremist cleric"

Edited by HassoonBazoon