Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Safannah

Losing Sincere Intentions! Help Meeeee

Rate this topic

Al salam alaykum brothers and sisters

Im starting to get lost in religion, my intentions are not that strong anymore and i am beginning to lose the love towards Allah (swt). im having lots of problems in my life, others- from their own perspective- may not think of these problems as being big ones, but to me they're definitely BIG, to the extent that i would be crying like almost everyday about my condition. the 'problems' i suffer are not due to social breakdowns of any kind, but these problems are affecting my personal and mental health. I make dua'a, but my heart is not patient and expects immediate results from Allah (swt). i tell myself that Allah is working on it, as Allah is the best of planners. But it dosen't work and im left with doubt. i sometimes think that shaytan is making me see my problems as though they are bigger than they actually are, and it is this that is dragging me into this feeling of hopelessness and doubt. i am only 14-15 and i know that i have my future ahead of me, but it seems as though my problems are well, lets just say permanent or long lasting. i dont know what's right anymore :(

please help, im really desperate

salam

Edited by safana

Salam alaikum sister

I remind myself first before I remind anyone else. "There was certainly a time when there was no mention of the human being." Allah (Swt) has created us without our having deserved our very existence, every thought, every sound, every breath is something He gives us without our being able to recompense Him for it. Surely, if Allah (Swt) keeps something from someone it is to their benefit, and if He gives it to them it is for their benefit. I can in no way belittle your trials, but remember the gift you have in your belief. Allah (Swt) has shown us that this world only provides us with finite pleasures and pains, while the world beyond that, the one of knowledge and the unseen, is what is the true goal, for while this material world turns into dust and gets blown away the knowledge we gain and the good we do lasts indefinitely. True contentment is realization of these principles. :)

It is reported that Jesus (peace be upon him) passed by a man who was blind, leprous, and paralytic, and Jesus heard him giving thanks and saying, "Praise be to Allah Who has protected me from the trials with which He afflicts the majority of men." Jesus said, "What trial remains which has not been visited on you?'" He said, "He protected me from a trial which is the greatest of trials, and that is disbelief." Then Jesus touched him, and Allah cured him from his illnesses and beautified his face. Then he became a companion of Jeus and worshipped with him.

Al salam alaykum brothers and sisters

Im starting to get lost in religion, my intentions are not that strong anymore and i am beginning to lose the love towards Allah (swt). im having lots of problems in my life, others- from their own perspective- may not think of these problems as being big ones, but to me they're definitely BIG, to the extent that i would be crying like almost everyday about my condition. the 'problems' i suffer are not due to social breakdowns of any kind, but these problems are affecting my personal and mental health. I make dua'a, but my heart is not patient and expects immediate results from Allah (swt). i tell myself that Allah is working on it, as Allah is the best of planners. But it dosen't work and im left with doubt. i sometimes think that shaytan is making me see my problems as though they are bigger than they actually are, and it is this that is dragging me into this feeling of hopelessness and doubt. i am only 14-15 and i know that i have my future ahead of me, but it seems as though my problems are well, lets just say permanent or long lasting. i dont know what's right anymore :(

please help, im really desperate

salam

It's the age, a growing experience. Everything will seem complicated, the problems will keep coming. Or you think they are problems. But getting depressed makes these things bigger than they are. You probably think of these problems before going to sleep, that there is no solution to them. You then probably ask God to get rid of these problems and when next day they don't, you lose a little bit of faith despite not wanting to.

I don't know if you will believe me or not, but these problems are the ladder steps towards the top. You become what you will become because of how you deal with things and how you perceive them. Sure the problems will look tough and they will try and break you down but that happens. That will continue to happen. You will at times knowingly or unknowingly think that God isn't helping you and that all the praying is useless but those kind of thoughts are exactly what make those problems bigger than they are. I am not having a go at your age at all so please excuse me if this sounds a bit harsh, but people at this age don't often understand patience. Nothing will exist forever apart from God, the problems are not even comparable if you have patience and do what you feel you should do.

Finally, often God wants you to try and solve the problem yourself. I don't explicitly understand what the problems you are having might be but i have a slight idea, therefore what i can say is that try and find a way out of this and Allah will assist you. He helps those who help themselves.

It's the age, a growing experience. Everything will seem complicated, the problems will keep coming. Or you think they are problems. But getting depressed makes these things bigger than they are. You probably think of these problems before going to sleep, that there is no solution to them. You then probably ask God to get rid of these problems and when next day they don't, you lose a little bit of faith despite not wanting to.

I don't know if you will believe me or not, but these problems are the ladder steps towards the top. You become what you will become because of how you deal with things and how you perceive them. Sure the problems will look tough and they will try and break you down but that happens. That will continue to happen. You will at times knowingly or unknowingly think that God isn't helping you and that all the praying is useless but those kind of thoughts are exactly what make those problems bigger than they are. I am not having a go at your age at all so please excuse me if this sounds a bit harsh, but people at this age don't often understand patience. Nothing will exist forever apart from God, the problems are not even comparable if you have patience and do what you feel you should do.

Finally, often God wants you to try and solve the problem yourself. I don't explicitly understand what the problems you are having might be but i have a slight idea, therefore what i can say is that try and find a way out of this and Allah will assist you. He helps those who help themselves.

thanks for your help :)

" To say you have faith in your heart without showing it is like at the end of an exam where you hand the paper completely white, saying "i have knowledge in my brain"

Life is nothing but a series of tests. Every test passed make's one's heart calmer and more serene, till they reach the stage of being al nafs al muta-ma'inna. Insha Allah we all reach this lofty stage someday soon

Salam,

The time of early teenage years are an unsettling time filled with lots of changes and upheaval. We all (or all the old people on SC, lol)

went thru this and somehow managed it with the help of Allah(s.w.a). Settling on your goals and plans for life removes doubt and uncertainty. Your number one goal in life should be to obey Allah(s.w.a). Sometimes, when I feel doubts and uncertainty, I read Surat Al Mumin. In the beginning of the Surat, Allah(s.w.a) states very clearly what we need to do to attain success in this world and the next. Make sure your doing all those things, and if you are, don't worry and if you're not, start doing them.

Also, if you don't feel sincere when your doing prayer, etc, then act as if you are sincere and the feeling will come back. It has been proven by scientific research that there is a strong connection between actions and beliefs and it is a two way street Actions affect beliefs and beliefs affect actions and there is no clear line between the two. So, for example, if you want to be sincere in your salat do wuduh correctly, pray on time, try to cut down the distractions in the environment (t.v., radio, etc), do your best to pray the correct number of rukah for the prayer, do your niyyat correctly, and pronounce the words slowly and correctly. If you do all this, it is like putting the correct key in the lock, the lock will turn and the door of sincerity will be open. Salam.

Edited by Abu Hadi

Alif, Lam, Mim. Do men think that on their [mere] saying, "We believe", they will be left to themselves, and will not be put to the test? Yea, indeed, We did test those who lived before them; and so, [too, shall be tested the people now living: and] most certainly will God mark out those who prove themselves true, and most certainly will He mark out those who are lying.

Or do they think - they who do evil deeds [while claiming to have attained to faith] - that they can escape Us? Bad, indeed, is their judgment! Whoever looks forward [with hope and awe] to meeting God [on Resurrection Day, let him be ready for it]: for, behold, the end set by God [for everyone's life] is bound to come - and He alone is all-hearing, all-knowing!

Hence, whoever strives hard [in God's cause] does so only for his own good: for, verily, God does not stand in need of anything in all the worlds! And as for those who attain to faith and do righteous deeds, We shall most certainly efface their [previous] bad deeds, and shall most certainly reward them in accordance with the best that they ever did.

(source: Quran, Chapter 29, verses 1-7)

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn 'Isa from Ali ibn al-Hakam from Fudayl ibn 'Uthman from (Imam) Abu 'Abd Allah (as-Sadiq), aleyhis salam, who has said the following:

"In paradise there is a position that is accessible only to those who have gone through bodily trials of suffering in this world."

Ali has narrated from his father from 'Abd Allah ibn al-Mughirah from Muhammad ibn Yahya al-Khath'ami from Muhammad ibn Bulul al-'Abdi who has said the following:

"I heard (Imam) Abu 'Abd Allah (as-Sadiq), aleyhis salam, saying, 'Allah has not protected the believers from the turmoil of the world but He has protected them from blindness in it and the wickedness of the next life.'"

Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father from ibn Mahbub from Sama'a from (Imam) Abu 'Abd Allah (as-Sadiq), aleyhis salam, who has said the following:

"It is in the book of (Imam) Ali, aleyhis salam, that the people who suffer from the most intense form of misfortune are the prophets, then the successors of the prophets, then are people of closer position to the successors of the prophets and so on are the other groups. The trials of the believers are proportionate to their good deeds. Whoever's religion is perfect and his deeds are good, his suffering is more intense because Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, has not made this world the reward for the believers or punishment for the unbelievers. Whoever's religion is inferior and whose deeds are weak, his misfortunes are less. The misfortunes come quicker to the believers than rain to well situated land environment."

(source: al-Kafi by thiqqat al-Islaam ash-shaykh al-Kulayni, Volume 2, Book of Belief and Disbelief, بَابُ شدة ابتلاء المؤمن / Chapter of The Severity of the Trial of a Believer)

(wasalam)

Edited by Cake