Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abu Hadi

I Finished My Book

Rate this topic

Only went through the first few pages, but already know it's gonna be a great read : ) love the layout, not too text heavy and easy on the eyes.

Nothing less than what i would expect from someone as in tune with Allah (SWT) as you, an early congrats for an amazing piece of literature!

Salam Br.

I exported as pdf from OpenOffice. I don't have the full version of Adobe Acrobat and I don't want to download it illegally ( and I don't want to purchase it just for this one thing). If there is a way to do it without having to purchase full version, let me know. I tried to export it from MS Word w/ Anchor tags but it messed up the Arabic fonts.

Also, I probably will put it on Amazon as a free book. I will have some time this weekend so I will try then, InShahAllah. I started the book this year, Shahr Ramadan and made a goal to finish by end of Muharram.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Edited by Abu Hadi

Salam Br.

I exported as pdf from OpenOffice. I don't have the full version of Adobe Acrobat and I don't want to download it illegally ( and I don't want to purchase it just for this one thing). If there is a way to do it without having to purchase full version, let me know. I tried to export it from MS Word w/ Anchor tags but it messed up the Arabic fonts.

Also, I probably will put it on Amazon as a free book. I will have some time this weekend so I will try then, InShahAllah. I started the book this year, Shahr Ramadan and made a goal to finish by end of Muharram.

Thanks for the suggestions.

So, you have a word file that you want to convert to a PDF, if I got you correct? You can use PDF Creator (it seems to be the most well-known) to export from Microsoft Office (you see it as one of the printers, when you go for print - you could, as well, select the file manually through the program). There is also a program called Nitro Reader. Try that if PDF Creator gives any problems.

MashAllah. Thank you for your hard work.

Could just be me being pedantic, but is there a reason why 'through' is spelt as 'thru' in the title? :Hijabi:

For those that want to read it on their e-readers, just download the PDF file and use a convertor program (Calibre) to change it into a format that your ereader can process (EPUB for the Kobo).

Salam, yeah, I wasn't sure whether to use thru or through. Us Americans, we always like to use the least amount of letters.

I also realized that there is no Table of Contents, OOPs. Br. Hajj2003 made me one I will be adding soon and reuploading new version.

Keep the comments coming their appreciated. Salam.

Salam, yeah, I wasn't sure whether to use thru or through. Us Americans, we always like to use the least amount of letters.

I also realized that there is no Table of Contents, OOPs. Br. Hajj2003 made me one I will be adding soon and reuploading new version.

Keep the comments coming their appreciated. Salam.

I disagree with "Us Americans"....

Congratulations on completing a book! Such a huge accomplishment. I look forward to reading it.

Edited by ZephyrWind

Salam, Bismillah

I made some changes and corrections suggested by some brothers. Thru is now Through.

Also added Table of Contents. Corrected version can be downloaded at same link in first post above.

Edited by Abu Hadi

Great. I'll have to get this on my iPad for holiday reading. I'd echo the call for adding page numbers, particularly if you want to publish more formally on Amazon, etc. Also I'd suggest working more on the formatting, maybe get someone who has expertise in the details of large document formatting in to help out. Things like starting a new chapter at the start of a fresh page, "widows and ophans," stuff like that. Tidying up, presentation. Also, for the chapter 6 title, "Straight Line."

Alsalam alikum,

I have so many christian friends who are interested in learning about Islam,

do you advise me to send them this file? As you just said it is a good book for reverts.

Thank you for this book and I hope to see other books in the near future insha Allah.

Yes, I advise you should send it to them. My original idea for writing the book was for my non muslim (Christian) family to read, as some of them are confused about my decision to become Muslim. I don't think you should just give them the book, though. You should read it first and get more of a complete picture on what the Quran view of Prophet Issa(p.b.u.h) is and the details and also the most common questions of Christians as far as the Quranic view of Jesus(p.b.u.h) so that you can give some answer and then use the book for details.

That would be the ideal situation, but if you don't have time, you can give them the book and answer the questions afterward, because I'm sure there will be many questions. Salam,

This looks like a good read. Inshallah, I will read it after exams.

I also notice that your autobiography is missing your inauguration as shiachat moderator ;)

By the way, when I used to be interested in researching Christianity, I also wanted to compile a book and so gathered various arguments and ideas. It reached about 99 pages. I don't know if it would be useful to you or not. If you want me to send you it, let me know.

(wasalam)

Edited by Cake

Thanks! One philosophical question (i hope you will not be angry for this offtopic): imagine that Jesus came to earth as prophet and he died, then Allah granted him power to be a god. So basically, Jesus is god and also not god. Is this possible for Islam's (i don't know which word use) "thinking".

I guess theoretically it is possible, but Allah(s.w.a) says in the Quran that He(s.w.a) would never do that.

It says in the Quran in many places that were there to be any power that would be equivalent to Allah(s.w.a)

in the heavens or earth, then there would be chaos in both. As you can see in the patterns of creation, Allah(s.w.a)

loves order and symmetry.

Also, as I talked about in detail in the book, Jesus(p.b.u.h) never declared himself to be God(astaghfirAllah) or the Son of God. This said about him by people many years after his death, who didn't know him, and in a language he didn't speak. Salam.

Edited by Abu Hadi

Alsalam alikum,

One of those who I sent your book to, asked me some questions and I can't really answer her questions, as I don't have background about christianity. Yeah, I am trying to read your book although I don't have much time for reading books(I am still in chapter one though). I know that even if I read more, I will not be able to answer her questions, because she criticized some points of your book.

I can post her questions and her comments about the book here, so you can answer them and I can also invite her to join Shiachat(as she is interested in learning more about Islam) so it's up to you.

Edited by Zahra1

Absolutely well done. This is the way forward. We need people devoting their time and effort to produce intellectual works which can be spread for humanity to benefit from. To unite nations and to ward away misconceptions.

I will read this in due-course.

Alsalam alikum,

One of those who I sent your book to, asked me some questions and I can't really answer her questions, as I don't have background about christianity. Yeah, I am trying to read your book although I don't have much time for reading books(I am still in chapter one though). I know that even if I read more, I will not be able to answer her questions, because she criticized some points of your book.

I can post her questions and her comments about the book here, so you can answer them and I can also invite her to join Shiachat(as she is interested in learning more about Islam) so it's up to you.

Salam Sister, Please ask the questions here and I will attempt to answer. If I can't answer, I will ask those more knowledgeable than me.

I will try to check the thread more often.

Bless you Abu Hadi =) i am looking forward to reading this very much. MashAllah on your efforts.

Thank You sister also the br for kinds words. One of my good friends suggested I do a video series on You Tube to go along with the book. I am working on this now.Look for it in the near future, before Ramadan, InShahAllah. My friend is also helping me with the video editing, since I'm sort of new to that. Also, I will try to incorporate questions I have been asked about subjects in the book into the videos.

Edited by Abu Hadi

Alsalam alikum,

Thank you for your reply.

I will copy and paste her comments as it is:

I'm sorry to say that I've actually found a mistake in this first book "Jesus through our eyes" right at the start.

It says "most Christians agree that the original language of the old testament was Hebrew and the new testament was Ahramaic (the language that Jesus spoke)"

this is not correct.

It is the general consensus of Christian scholars that the New Testament was written in Koine Greek.

While Jesus did speak Ahramaic, he may also have spoken Koine Greek. Koine Greek was very much the language of the time, like English, today.

I... sadly am having some trouble with the interpretation that the writer of Jesus thru our eyes has taken with the Christian bible. The Bible isn't always literal. Several times now I'm seeing the writer interpret passages very differently to how Christian scholars would translate them. An example is

The Bible:

Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath

of life, and the man became a living being

Genesis 2:7

The Quran

وَإِذْ قَالَ رَبُّكَ لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ إِنِّي خَالِقٌ بَشَرًا مِنْ صَلْصَالٍ مِنْ حَمَإٍ مَسْنُونٍ {28}

15:28

15:28 And when your Lord said to the angels: 'Behold, I am about to create mortal man out of sounding

clay, out of dark slime transmuted;

فَإِذَا سَوَّيْتُهُ وَنَفَخْتُ فِيهِ مِنْ رُوحِي فَقَعُوا لَهُ سَاجِدِينَ {29}

15:29 And when I have formed him fully and breathed into him of My spirit, fall down before him in

prostration!

That particular verse in Genesis is talking about God, of course, but God The Father. I think that particular passage is kind of impossible to understand without actually understanding the Christian concept of the holy trinity. I understand that Muslims do not believe in the trinity. And that's OK.

However, for a comparison to be fair, you need to actually understand the trinity in order to comment on the Christian bible! =p.gif

"The main difference between the Bible and the Quran is over the nature of the 'breath of life' or

Nafakha in Arabic. Muslims believe that the 'Nafakha' or breath is not something that eminated directly

from the being of Allah(s.w.a), since Allah(s.w.a) is not a body divided into parts such as lungs and

nasal passages, but that the 'Nafakha' is a creation of Allah(s.w.a) just as clay and mankind are a

creation of Allah(s.w.a)."

See... I'm basically struggling to see how my christian understanding here differs from a muslim understanding. If that was the point, congratulations. However, it really doesn't shake my faith in the trinity. I think in order for you to understand why I have a problem with the above implication that Christians believe that God literally breathed life into us please read this. It explains the trinity as exactly how I'd explain it if I could write better.

http://biblicalmissi...ity-to-muslims/

In Genesis, that is referring to God the Father. God the Father is beyond comprehension. His breath of life isn't necessarily a literal breath of life, the bible often uses poetic language to make points.

I've just read the section on Mary and quite frankly, I could comment on every single thing the author says, but my summary is that while I do feel like I understand Islam a little bit more, I don't feel that the author understands Christianity very well at all.

Oh, I don't know if I actually said before but I thought I would add I'm really pleased to actually read this book.

I'm sorry if I seemed a bit critical, however I shall definitely get around to finishing both.

Haha. I'm of course, not meaning to say anything offensive to you at all, I merely enjoy talking about religion in general (and my faith).

So far in this book Jesus Thru Our Eyes I'm finding it informative about Islam at least.

However, I also do feel that the writer doesn't quite understand Christianity, which is a shame.

Christianity comes in different denominations which makes it hard to generalize about. The biggest divide is between Catholics and Protestants. Most of generalizations I have felt only apply to Catholic Christians.

Quite a few of the explanations, while likely having really good and solid knowledge of Islam and the Quran, seem to be using strange interpretation of the Bible and using many verses out of context. Which makes me feel a bit sad. frown.gif

For instance, I would say to you that Jesus does say that he is God in the bible, which that first book asserts that it does not.

http://www.letusreason.org/trin16.htm

http://davidgodman.o.../fnofgod3.shtml

I AM is God's name! It is what God calls himself in the Old Testament. So for Christians, Jesus saying

THE FIRST AND THE LAST

Surah 57:3 of the Qur’an refers to Allah as “the First and the Last, the Most High and the Most Near.” The Old Testament agrees that God is the “First and the Last,” as we read in the Book of the prophet Isaiah:

Isaiah 44:6—Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me.”

In Revelation 1:17-18, Jesus says:

“Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.”

This is all her comments.

Sorry for the too long reply (may be you don't have much time for commenting on it).

I am also sorry if there are unappropriate words(you can edit it). I haven't read it well, as I am very busy now.

Edited by Zahra1

Alsalam alikum,

I'm sorry to say that I've actually found a mistake in this first book "Jesus through our eyes" right at the start.

It says "most Christians agree that the original language of the old testament was Hebrew and the new testament was Ahramaic (the language that Jesus spoke)"

this is not correct.

It is the general consensus of Christian scholars that the New Testament was written in Koine Greek.

While Jesus did speak Ahramaic, he may also have spoken Koine Greek. Koine Greek was very much the language of the time, like English, today.

Let me first say Hello and thank you for reading the book.

The book is about the Quranic view of Jesus, not about the new or Old Testement. Anyway, Jesus(p.b.u.h) preached around the area of What is modern Day Palestine (Jerusalem to S. Lebanon). All Bible Scholars and Secular Scholars agree that the language of that area was Aharamaic (spoken language). Since Jesus preached thru speaking, it makes perfect sense that he would speak that language. There is no credible evidence that he spoke Greek. This is merely a supposition of some bibilical scholars. It doesn't make any sense that he would speak Greek, since this was not the language of the area where he preached. I agree that the New Testement that currently exists (The Codex Vaticanus) is written in Konic Greek. This document does not contain the words of Jesus, but a translation of the words of Jesus written by other people many decades or centuries after he left the earth. When you read it, unless you are fluent in Konic Greek, you are reading a translation of a translation. I am at work now. I will answer the other questions over the weekend when I have more time, God willing.

Edited by Abu Hadi

Alsalam alikum,

this is not correct.

I... sadly am having some trouble with the interpretation that the writer of Jesus thru our eyes has taken with the Christian bible. The Bible isn't always literal. Several times now I'm seeing the writer interpret passages very differently to how Christian scholars would translate them. An example is

The Bible:

Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath

of life, and the man became a living being Genesis 2:7

The Quran

وَإِذْ قَالَ رَبُّكَ لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ إِنِّي خَالِقٌ بَشَرًا مِنْ صَلْصَالٍ مِنْ حَمَإٍ مَسْنُونٍ {28}

15:28

15:28 And when your Lord said to the angels: 'Behold, I am about to create mortal man out of sounding

clay, out of dark slime transmuted;

فَإِذَا سَوَّيْتُهُ وَنَفَخْتُ فِيهِ مِنْ رُوحِي فَقَعُوا لَهُ سَاجِدِينَ {29}

15:29 And when I have formed him fully and breathed into him of My spirit, fall down before him in

prostration!

That particular verse in Genesis is talking about God, of course, but God The Father. I think that particular passage is kind of impossible to understand without actually understanding the Christian concept of the holy trinity. I understand that Muslims do not believe in the trinity. And that's OK.

However, for a comparison to be fair, you need to actually understand the trinity in order to comment on the Christian bible! =p.gif

If you read the introduction you will see that I was born and raised in a Christian Family (Lutheran ) and was also confirmed in the Lutheran Church and was a practicing Christian (church every Sunday) till I was 19 years old. So your assertion (x3 in your comments) that I don't 'understand' Christianity or the Christian Bible is puzzling to me. The phrase Lord God in Genesis denotes 'God the Father' which is the same as Allah(s.w.a) in the Quran. As I explained in the book 'Allah' is 'AL' (definite article in Arabic, same as capital 'G' or The + capital in English) + ilah (God). The God same as Lord God. The other parts of the Trinity are not mentioned in the passage in Genesis, so I don't see what the concept of Trinity has to do with 2:7.

"The main difference between the Bible and the Quran is over the nature of the 'breath of life' or

Nafakha in Arabic. Muslims believe that the 'Nafakha' or breath is not something that eminated directly

from the being of Allah(s.w.a), since Allah(s.w.a) is not a body divided into parts such as lungs and

nasal passages, but that the 'Nafakha' is a creation of Allah(s.w.a) just as clay and mankind are a

creation of Allah(s.w.a)."

See... I'm basically struggling to see how my christian understanding here differs from a muslim understanding. If that was the point, congratulations. However, it really doesn't shake my faith in the trinity. I think in order for you to understand why I have a problem with the above implication that Christians believe that God literally breathed life into us please read this. It explains the trinity as exactly how I'd explain it if I could write better.

http://biblicalmissi...ity-to-muslims/

In Genesis, that is referring to God the Father. God the Father is beyond comprehension. His breath of life isn't necessarily a literal breath of life, the bible often uses poetic language to make points.

The point was that God or Allah(s.w.a) doesn't have breath like we have breath, otherwise He(s.w.a) would be finite and limited like us and thus wouldn't be God. The nafakha is a creation that belongs to God, just like we are a creation that belongs to God and the universe is a creation that belongs to God. It is not physically 'part' of God like our breath is part of us, i.e. it is composed of carbon dioxide and water droplets that was once inside our lungs before moving into the air. I agree that the literal 'breath of life' is beyond comprehension. So we agree on that, btw I also don't see what the Trinity has to do with this verse. I explain the origins of the concept of the Trinity later in the book.

I've just read the section on Mary and quite frankly, I could comment on every single thing the author says, but my summary is that while I do feel like I understand Islam a little bit more, I don't feel that the author understands Christianity very well at all.

Oh, I don't know if I actually said before but I thought I would add I'm really pleased to actually read this book.

I'm sorry if I seemed a bit critical, however I shall definitely get around to finishing both.

Haha. I'm of course, not meaning to say anything offensive to you at all, I merely enjoy talking about religion in general (and my faith).

So far in this book Jesus Thru Our Eyes I'm finding it informative about Islam at least.

However, I also do feel that the writer doesn't quite understand Christianity, which is a shame.

Christianity comes in different denominations which makes it hard to generalize about. The biggest divide is between Catholics and Protestants. Most of generalizations I have felt only apply to Catholic Christians.

Quite a few of the explanations, while likely having really good and solid knowledge of Islam and the Quran, seem to be using strange interpretation of the Bible and using many verses out of context. Which makes me feel a bit sad. frown.gif

For instance, I would say to you that Jesus does say that he is God in the bible, which that first book asserts that it does not.

http://www.letusreason.org/trin16.htm

http://davidgodman.o.../fnofgod3.shtml

I AM is God's name! It is what God calls himself in the Old Testament. So for Christians, Jesus saying

THE FIRST AND THE LAST

Surah 57:3 of the Qur’an refers to Allah as “the First and the Last, the Most High and the Most Near.” The Old Testament agrees that God is the “First and the Last,” as we read in the Book of the prophet Isaiah:

Isaiah 44:6—Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me.”

In Revelation 1:17-18, Jesus says:

“Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.”

This is all her comments.

Sorry for the too long reply (may be you don't have much time for commenting on it).

I am also sorry if there are unappropriate words(you can edit it). I haven't read it well, as I am very busy now.

I'm sorry but I don't really understand these last comments. If you could pull out one of those points and focus the question, I will be glad to answer.

I am happy you are still reading the book and look forward to further discussion. With Peace.

Abu Hadi.

Edited by Abu Hadi

On December 14, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Abu Hadi said:

Salam Alekum Brothers and Sisters,

I finally finished my book. The topic is the Quranic view of Jesus, Prophet Isa(p.b.u.h).

I thought about selling it on Amazon, etc, but I think it is better to dedicate the effort in service of Imam Al Hujjat Al Qaim(may Allah(s.w.a) hasten his return). InShahAllah, you will learn something from it.

It is a good book, especially for reverts to Islam from Christianity to use to discuss issues with their family.

I think I covered most issues between Muslims and Christians regarding Prophet Issa(a.s)

If anyone has comments they can post them here. Also I would like to thank certain members of SC (you know who you are ) for kind words and encouragement. Salam

Also, most of the Arabic to English translations were mine, or mine with help from my father in law. I hope they are more clear than the typical Arabic to English translations you see.

http://www.shareglob...ThruOurEyes.pdf

Abu Hadi your Qasim the revert. I saw your documentary from I think ahlul bayt tv. On reborn it's nice to meet you.