Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Are You Kidding Me?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I have been lurking here for quite a time. I used to be a shi'ite back in the day, but I'm now leaning to sunni Islam. I'm from South Lebanon (currently in Germany for university) by the way, from the village of Kafra to be exact (a village near Tyre, surrounded by Yatar, Siddiqine, Deir Ames, Haris etc..). I have been posting in Sunni forums for quite a while and have seen misguided people, the difference being people were criticized by it. Here, it is completely different. Guidance is rare, and misguidance is the norm. Just look at one post from one of your OG's on this bord:

Shou?!!?!? Hayda el jeme3 leh 7ad el Z... Leh fata7 hayda? Halla2 el layleh jeyeh Z... Hope to see you there... Shakla badda toula3 shreek...

Ekhwet el manyoukeh, la2ennon 3erfine enno kella Shi3a bye2o3do bel Z w bel aheweh leh fo2...

In the same thread (http://www.shiachat....i/page__st__125), there is a sister posting, claiming that her religion is reptilianism (joking about religion, when Khomeini said that Islam is serious and there is no joking in it). Alhamdulillah I won't be gathered with people like you on the day of judgment.

So what do you have to say about this?

EDIT: For the non-lebanese here, I can tell you that the bolded word is a great insult. The lebanese will know, though.

Edited by SeekingTruth153
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You seriously are judging the validity of a religion by the conduct of some random posters on an internet forum which is run by a few lay volunteers...? So if I found you a Christian forum where they

It's not wise to judge a religion by its adherent. Much less wise to judge it by posters on an internet forum. Anyway, it sounds like you're tired of what you have seen in some of your fellow Lebanes

That's how your posts probably looked like lolololololololol hayda your tumblr kaman: http://sheikhassirdo...mblr.com/page/2

• Advanced Member

Seekingtruth153? I know you!!!!!!!!!!! I used to read your posts at sunni forums....how you doing? btw did muzmatch work for you ;)...anyway so much for seeking the truth now that you are sunni and all

I don't have the same username on other forum. Must be mistaken cause' I don't get that reference either.

• Advanced Member

I know that Nasheed, and I still am forced to listen to it (despite music being haram) due to me still being surrounded by shia family/friends. I've gotten over it, being emotinal is not wise. I won't go back to ignorance because of emotional music.

• Advanced Member

Judge a religion based on its teachings, not its followers insha'Allah :)

I could equally say that Sunnis are all misguided because of how violent some of them are. But generalizing isn't good.

Well, but when the miguided aren't criticized on this forum by the majority, what does that tell about this sect? I know that a lot of sunnis are hypocrites too, but at least you will find one or two of them crticizing said evildoers. On this forum, it is rather something normal... that in addition to ridiculing long beards of course.

• Advanced Member

Nice post Mahdi....I wonder who ambushed him in Germany and made him a Sunni.....maskeen.....many shabab get lost like this....start off knowing the truth then BAM they lose it all in one day.....then again he was always secretly doubting ....it showed in his posts

No one ambushed me, I never discussed religion with a sunni before and during "converting". It all started by reading the Qura'n and not being always so emotional

• Advanced Member

It's not wise to judge a religion by its adherent. Much less wise to judge it by posters on an internet forum.

Anyway, it sounds like you're tired of what you have seen in some of your fellow Lebanese who also happen to be Shi`a. You should separate that out from your understanding of Tashayyu` itself and not equate the one to the other.

I'm pretty sure you can't say that 100%. If one or two posters did wrong, OK, but if these two posters are never corrected then it means that there is a problem with Shia Islam which does not look at the fundamentals, but rather on emotional things. Also, members of a wrong sect are usually more prone to shaytan, which could explain why there is so much wrong in this forum. Do you know how hard it is for me to say "idiot" on a sunni forum without getting warned/criticized? That shows a bit about Ahlul Sunnah.

Oh yes, regarding the Lebanese Shia I know in real life, very few of them (none) actually made me regret my decision, there is a huge fault in almost all of them. The greatest (yet not that uncommon) is cursing Allah and the Prophet directly. Yes. Even my own father does it despite being "hardcore shia".

I'm pretty sure you can't say that 100%. If one or two posters did wrong, OK, but if these two posters are never corrected then it means that there is a problem with Shia Islam which does not look at the fundamentals, but rather on emotional things. Also, members of a wrong sect are usually more prone to shaytan, which could explain why there is so much wrong in this forum. Do you know how hard it is for me to say "idiot" on a sunni forum without getting warned/criticized? That shows a bit about Ahlul Sunnah.

Oh yes, regarding the Lebanese Shia I know in real life, very few of them (none) actually made me regret my decision, there is a huge fault in almost all of them. The greatest (yet not that uncommon) is cursing Allah and the Prophet directly. Yes. Even my own father does it despite being "hardcore shia".

So now you are saying Shi3a are from a wrong sect and that we are more prone to follow shytan....You are not new here......So what made you make a second profile? Where you exposed before

Edited by Lady Vanilla
  • Advanced Member

So now you are saying Shi3a are from a wrong sect and that we are more prone to follow shytan....You are not new here......So what made you make a second profile? Where you exposed before

You are a perfect example. Rock music is one of your interests, despite being forbidden even by Shia Islam? And what makes you think I was here before? I swear I never had an account on this site before.. I used to lurk in hope that my decision was wrong.

I have been lurking here for quite a time. I used to be a shi'ite back in the day, but I'm now leaning to sunni Islam. I'm from South Lebanon (currently in Germany for university) by the way, from the village of Kafra to be exact (a village near Tyre, surrounded by Yatar, Siddiqine, Deir Ames, Haris etc..). I have been posting in Sunni forums for quite a while and have seen misguided people, the difference being people were criticized by it. Here, it is completely different. Guidance is rare, and misguidance is the norm. Just look at one post from one of your OG's on this bord:

In the same thread (http://www.shiachat....i/page__st__125), there is a sister posting, claiming that her religion is reptilianism (joking about religion, when Khomeini said that Islam is serious and there is no joking in it). Alhamdulillah I won't be gathered with people like you on the day of judgment.

So what do you have to say about this?

EDIT: For the non-lebanese here, I can tell you that the bolded word is a great insult. The lebanese will know, though.

Change your company, not your religion. Judging by people's behavior is a very stupid reason for switching your religion.

If you are indeed that illogical, then may be Sunni cult suits you best, they live happily in their lala land of make believe rosy dreams.

• Advanced Member

You seriously are judging the validity of a religion by the conduct of some random posters on an internet forum which is run by a few lay volunteers...? So if I found you a Christian forum where they were even stricter in their moderating than the Sunni ones you've been to, would you convert to that?

As to the standard of conduct, sure, you'll find all types here as you'll find in the real world. Some good, some not so much. I can also tell you that some of the worst offenders here have been members of the sect you are praising now who I'd end up having to ban (repeatedly, since they would keep coming back under new accounts). Not banned because they are Sunni, but banned for acting outside the bounds of reasonable and civilized conduct due to their hatred.

Someone who curses Allah and His Holy Prophet (sawa) isn't even a Muslim, much less a Shi`a. Look, I'm not Lebanese, and neither are most Shi`as. What goes on in that country is it's own affair, my religion is not in the least bit determined by it. Have you actually read the teachings of the Imams of the Ahl al-Bayt (as), really studied what they left us, and the example of their lives they set, before you've decided to reject them and follow those who persecuted them? You'd be advised to that instead of getting upset over what goes on in some random forum on the net.

Nope, I wouldn't be a christian even if they were angels on earth. In fact, their very saying that Jesus is God is an immoral act. But don't worry, most christian forums are just like this forum. Oh, and they also get a great kick out of mocking long beards.. but the Quran already taught us that kuffar would enjoy mocking muslims in the dunya.

I already clarrified why I judge by the people of a sect. You look like a knowledgable shi'ite, where are you from all those members doing these things? Why don't you criticize them? Or is your criticizm only directed at every single thing sunnis do?

What do you think of "Lady Vanilla" liking rock music, yet claiming to be a follower of Ahlul Bait? What do you think Ali (r.a) would have said about that?

I like how you dismiss the valid points about not judging a religion by people but instead by its teachings......and stop denying you are an old member

I like how I didn't dismiss it and address it. And yeah, accusing me of being an old member, really creative way of responding. You should turn down that music cause' it is clearly distracting you from thinking reasonably.

• Advanced Member

I wonder what Imam Ali a.s. would've said about you, labeling Shia Islam as the wrong sect: "Also, members of a wrong sect are usually more prone to shaytan, which could explain why there is so much wrong in this forum."

As Ali (r.a) is one of the wisest men on earth, he would probably have investigated (without being emotional like you are) my claim. Seeing how you are behaving and attacking for saying pure truth (while listening to rock music), and how most members here enjoy joking about their religion being reptilianism and what not, I'm sure he would have accepted my claim. Just because you claim to be his shia does not mean you are. What a logic you have. That way, Christians could say they are right because they claim they follow christ, yet clearly they are on the wrong side.

• Basic Members

Asalamu alaykum,

Never, never, never leave the Truth.... There are good and bad people surrounding the Truth but that doesn't change the Truth. Speaking of reptiles, read this hadith!

As part of a longer tradition the Commander of the Faithful Imam Ali a.s. ordered some people to emigrate from Kufa to Madaeen. They left Kufa on Sunday, Amr ibn Harith and seven others stayed behind. They went to a place called Khorang that is in Hireh.

They said: 'We will amuse ourselves here and move on Wednesday and join the Commander of the Faithful before he says the Friday pryaers.

WHILE THEY WERE EATING LUNCH THEY SAW A LIZARD. they hunted ht e lizard and amr ibn harith took it by hand, opened his palm and jokingly said:

'THIS IS THE COMMANDER OF THE FAITHFUL! PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO HIM."

IMAM ALI WAS DELIVERING THE FRIDAY PRAYER AT THE MOSQUE. WHEN THEY CAME INTO THE MOSQUE, ALI LOOKED AT THEM AND SAID:

'O people! The Prophet of Allah disclosed one thousand narrations to me each of which has one thousand gates each of which has one thousand keys.. I heard Allah say:

"Bismilla hirr Rahman nir Raheem

Remember the day when We shall call together all the people with their Imams..." Qur'an 17:71

Imam Ali continued:

'I swear by Allah that there will be eight people who will be resurrected with their leader that will be a lizard. ....'

I can name them for you if you wish'...

(al Khisal - Saduq, pg 1127, #28-161)

• Advanced Member

Oh yeah, I attended all days of Ashura in Bottrop, Germany (9 days).. and 1 day in Mönchengladbach (an Iraqi sheikh). In Bottrop, the lebanese sheikh Hussein Hayek claimed that sunni fast on Ashura because Hussain (r.a) was martyred on that day. Yes, he lied to 100's of people. I have never seen a sunni who says he fasted because of that, but rather because of something related to Musa. It was a priceless moment me already knowing the truth and listening to that, a SCHOLAR.

What's there to investigate? You abandoned the truth, called Shia Islam the wrong sect, and judge religion according to others instead of the teachings......There is nothing to investigate it's clear that you are a moron....

Wait, please let me analyse this meaningful post. Let me disect it into different parts based on the theme each of your numerous amazing arguements refered to. This is gonna be tough! Lets see:

First part: "What's there to investigate? You abandoned the truth".. OK.. a question, and a claim, without evidence.. not much to say.

Second part:"Called Shia Islam the wrong sect".. OK.. I'm doing that at least with some arguements.. unlike you, just claiming things with no evidence.

Third part:"judge religion according to others instead of teaching".. Oh well, I've already discussed that three times while you were talking about goat worship, calling me an old member, and listening to rock music.

Fourth part: Insult. Great, you are guiding me a lot with your wisdom.

What do you have to say about this, admin? Why don't you actually criticize this stupidity too? Or is criticism only directed at certain people on this forum?

• Veteran Member

i am not sure why everyone is attacking seeking truth. It is obvious that he was bought up in a non-Muslim household. Anybody's household that curses the Holy Prophet (pbuhahp) and Allah is not muslim.

He might have had relatives that were Shia but in reality his family were Kafir. What many people would call a cultural Shia. Would you rather he remained a Kafir or became a Sunni.

• Advanced Member

kinak bayl3 radio? It is 4:17 am in Germany.....shrab yansoon wa khalesna from your menopausal rants.

Hahaha ya ekhte ente sho badek ana sahheer... w law 3endek shi mofid t2oule kent olte.. bas el zaher badek 7ejje tetharab men el 7adith fa ma la2ayte ella "menpausal rants"..

• Veteran Member

I agree with seekingtruth. I've seen many Shia's do weird rituals which are totally outside what Islam preaches.

If they cursed the Holy Prophet (pbuhahp) and Allah they were Kafir. Maybe he should now try and convert his father from being a Kafir. Intersting question seeling truth was your father always a Kafir or did it happen over time. Was your mother equally inclined as your father

• Advanced Member

If they cursed the Holy Prophet (pbuhahp) and Allah they were Kafir. Maybe he should now try and convert his father from being a Kafir. Intersting question seeling truth was your father always a Kafir or did it happen over time. Was your mother equally inclined as your father

Nope, my mother never was. My father was a hardcore shi'ite and still is, he still talks about the wisdom of Imam Ali and what not. Shi'ism is much more about ahlul bayt than about Allah and his Prophet. In my village, you would get away with insulting Allah anyday, but no one would ever dare to insult Ahlul Bayt.