Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
khadija47

What English Qu'ran Is The Best

Rate this topic

Shakir translation is what I like best:)

I also read Pooya's tafsir on the Quran. Not sure how much Arabic you have learned so far but tafsir is commentary and explaination. You should read it because it'll explain what the Quran is saying and what in what situation a verse was revealed.

The best translation I found: Ali Qarai's Translation phrase by phrase, and I've spoken with the author, he's a genius in Arabic and he translated the Qur'an with our theology as well for parts like 33:33 he says "repel impurity from you" rather than just "remove" and he justified it telling me it's what we say Allah did with their `Ismah, so I find it really the best out there, though I have a book copy not the on-line one. By Sunni translators, M.H. Shakir's is a really good one, and available on www.quran.com in the settings options where you pick the translator, and by his translation he is really unbiased.

Best Tafseer: Tafseer Al Mezaan which is provided above is the best you can go for, however currently the on-line one isn't fully translated, and it itself isn't fully translated at the moment, another good one I find which is more a commentary Tafseer rather than Hadeeth and commentary is Tafseer "Light of the Holy Qur'an" by Sayyid Kamil Faghih, there's also Makeram Sheerazi's Tafseer, and currently our admin Macisaac, is authoring his own Tafseer, Tafseer A't Tashayyu, which is also a really good one and is mainly a Hadeeth Tafseer, though the best still stands for its self, Tafseer Al Meezaan.

You should keep in mind that there is no 'best translation'. All translations are a mere attempt to translate the Qur'an, thus as Muslims we consider it vitally important to learn Arabic :)

Holy Qur'an: Translated by Ali Quli Qara'i "Phrase by Phrase English Translation"

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/1904063179

Online Quran Project - Ali Quli Qarai.

dude last time I saw it at a barns and nobel I also thought it was literally the best translation I had ever seen. I didn't buy it but great mind....

:)