Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
igotquestions

Researching About Shia Islam

Rate this topic

Salam sir/madam

First of all, congratulations on being one of the few people who have researched this beautiful religion to get to ultimate truth, people like you are hard to come by. I pray to Allah Almighty for you to get to that ultimate truth in no time : )

3 excellent questions. I will leave it for others to answer the first and third, and just answer your second question. Actually, the truth is the wives of the Prophet were not part of Ahlul Bait, and i will use the most accepted and authentic source of hadeeth in the Sunni school of thought, which is Sahih muslim, to prove this. i would encourage you to get a copy of this book to see it yourself (1980 edition)

It is interesting to see that both Sahih Muslim and Sahih al-Tirmidhi as well as many others confirm the Shi'ite point of view explained above. In Sahih Muslim, there is a chapter named "Chapter of Virtues of the Companions". Inside this chapter, there is a section called "Section of the Virtues of the Ahlul-Bayt of the Prophet". There exists ONLY ONE tradition in this section, and this tradition has no reference to the wives of the Prophet (PBUH&HF). The tradition is known as "The Tradition of Cloak/Mantle" (Hadith al-Kisaa), and is as follows:

Narrated Aisha:

One day the Prophet (PBUH&HF) came out afternoon wearing a black cloak (upper garment or gown; long coat), then al-Hasan Ibn Ali came and the Prophet accommodated him under the cloak, then al-Husain came and entered the cloak, then Fatimah came and the Prophet entered her under the cloak, then Ali came and the Prophet entered him to the cloak as well. Then the Prophet recited: "Verily
Allah
intends to keep off from you every kind of uncleanness O' People of the House (Ahlul-Bayt), and purify you a perfect purification (the last sentence of Verse 33:33)."

Sunni reference:

• Sahih Muslim, Chapter of virtues of companions, section of the virtues of the Ahlul-Bayt of the Prophet (PBUH&HF), 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, Arabic version, v4, p1883, Tradition #61.

Another version of the "Tradition of Cloak" is written in Sahih al-Tirmidhi, which is narrated in the authority of Umar Ibn Abi Salama, the son of Umm Salama (another wife of Prophet), which is as follows:

The verse "Verily
Allah
intends to ... (33:33)" was revealed to the Prophet (PBUH&HF) in the house of Umm Salama. Upon that, the Prophet gathered Fatimah, al-Hasan, and al-Husain, and covered them with a cloak, and he also covered Ali who was behind him. Then the Prophet said: "O'
Allah
!
These are the Members of my House (Ahlul-Bayt)
. Keep them away from every impurity and purify them with a perfect purification." Umm Salama (the wife of Prophet) asked: "Am I also included among them O Apostle of
Allah
?" the Prophet replied: "
You remain in your position
and you are toward a good ending."

Sunni reference: Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, pp 351,663

Edited by mohammad_mahdi

for a better understanding of the shia school of thought , you might be intrested in reading a few books -

http://www.al-islam.org/guided/

http://www.al-islam.org/ask/index.html

http://www.al-islam.org/peshawar/index.html

http://www.al-islam.org/murajaat/

http://www.aftertheprophet.com/

you can visit this authentic shiite site - http://www.al-islam.org/

please watch this video - http://youtu.be/cjLXvqqfIpY

all the best

may Allah swt guide you to the true path inshaAllah ameen ilahi ameen

khuda hafeez

1. The verse: "O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people" (Qur'an 5:67)

Was this really revealed at Ghadeer Khum pertaining to Imam Ali (a.s.)?

2. I know in Sunni Islam, that the Ahl Al Bayt also refers to the wives as well. Is there a different category of Ahl Al Bayt specifically for Fatimah, Ali, Hassan, and Hussein (May Allah Be Pleased With All of Them)?

'

3. I know many Shia's don't view the first 3 Caliphs (r.a) with high esteem, but are there differing opinions about the first 3 Caliphs (r.a.) within the Shia Ulema?

1. Yes it was revealed at Ghadeer-e-Kum.

Probably the best tafseer to this ayat you will come across in tafsir al mizan. I recommend you read this:

http://www.shiasource.com/al-mizan/self/tafsir-5-67/

2. Nope. It refers to the 5 that were present under the cloth according to hadith-e-kisa and the rest of the Imams.

3. Yh they all agree that Imam Ali a.s. right was taken away from him by those 3.

Edited by Sheraz

1. The verse: "O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people" (Qur'an 5:67)

Was this really revealed at Ghadeer Khum pertaining to Imam Ali (a.s.)?

2. I know in Sunni Islam, that the Ahl Al Bayt also refers to the wives as well. Is there a different category of Ahl Al Bayt specifically for Fatimah, Ali, Hassan, and Hussein (May Allah Be Pleased With All of Them)?

'

3. I know many Shia's don't view the first 3 Caliphs (r.a) with high esteem, but are there differing opinions about the first 3 Caliphs (r.a.) within the Shia Ulema?

Brother, i hereby mention the link from al-islam.org where by you can get comprehensive information about the events of Ghadeer e khum:

http://www.al-islam.org/restatement/38.htm

Simple, first of All the caliphs threatened Ali and after them illegally choosing caliphate but Imam Ali in house arrest..He mentioned many times that he the successor of the prophet but no one listened except his few followers at that time. Imam Ali wasnt going after caliphate, he didnt care for power, he cared for AL ISLAM. I have to study for finals so i cant post info yet, but ill leave you with links if you dont mind checking out... Wa Salaam

http://www.al-islam.org/encyclopedia/chapter4/4.html

Excerpt from first link:

Did Imam 'Ali not use the arguments of Da'wat dhi 'l-'Ashira or Ghadír soon after the Prophet's death because they were just implicit statements? The learned Shí'a scholar wrote: "It is also because of this absence of explicit statement on these occasions that Imam 'Ali never used any of these occasions, including al-Ghadir, to put forward his candidacy as the only rightful successor of the Prophet."[70] This is indeed a novel way of looking at the conflict of caliphate. The Sunni opponent would just extend this view a little bit further and say that 'Ali did not use these arguments because there was no argument at all.

In order to understand why 'Ali did not use the arguments at that particular time, we have to understand the circumstances, the opponents, and the consequences of the actions of Imam 'Ali (a.s.).

The Circumstances:

When the Prophet passed away from this world, there were different kinds of people among the Muslim community.

First there was the so-called fifth columnists among the Muslims who were waiting for a civil war so as to put an end to Islam and gain power over the Arabs. Abu Sufyãn and his clan represented this group. They were neither in Saqifa nor with 'Ali bin Abi Tãlib. The Qur'ãn also talks about the presence of hypocrites among the Muslims. (See 9:97.) Then there was Musaylima al-Kadhdhãb and Sajjah bint al-Harath both claimed prophethood and had gained some following among the Bedouins.

After surveying the circumstances, what could 'Ali have done?

Let me give you an example to illustrate the decision of Imam 'Ali. During the caliphate of 'Umar, there is a story of an infant who was being claimed by two women as their baby. The decision was forwarded to Imam 'Ali. When the Imam found both women insisting on their claim, he ordered that the infant be cut into two, and each woman be given one half. What was the reaction of the real mother and the fake mother? The fake mother decided to go along with the decision even if it meant cutting the baby into two halves whereas the real mother announced her readiness to give up the child.

Islam is the baby in our discussion; the usurpers would do anything to keep the power even if it meant endangering the survival of Islam itself. 'Ali, on the other hand, as the true custodian of Islam, was prepared to relinquish the power for sake of saving Islam from total destruction. That is why Imam 'Ali did not resort to the sword or allow Abu Sufyãn and others to incite him into armed opposition. He accepted deprivation of his personal right of caliphate over the destruction of Islam.

He accepted deprivation but did not stop from protesting whenever and wherever the chance availed itself for him. When he was deprived again after 'Umar's death, he addressed the Consultative Committee who had chosen 'Uthmãn and said, "You have certainly known that I am the most rightful of all others for the caliphate. By Allãh, so long as the affairs of the Muslims remain intact and there is no oppression in it save on myself, I shall be quiet..."[71]

http://www.al-islam.org/encyclopedia/chapter3/9.html

http://www.al-islam.org/wilayat/5.htm'>http://www.al-islam.org/wilayat/5.htm

http://www.al-islam.org/wilayat/

Okay...very interesting. Were there any Sahaba which believed in Ali (a.s.) divine appointment?

I love trying to help you and I keep procrastinating with my studying and its 12 am lol...

Yes there were many companions, according to what i posted it would be logical if the enemy of islam knew, also many of the companions fought with hussain against yazid

I love trying to help you and I keep procrastinating with my studying and its 12 am lol...

Yes there were many companions, according to what i posted it would be logical if the enemy of islam knew, also many of the companions fought with hussain against yazid

Do you mind posting any evidence of there support for the divine appointment of Imam Ali (a.s.)? After you're done with studying of course, I don't want to hinder you from your classes :D

Assalamu'alaykum wr.wb.

I am reading a book. I guarantee it may give a shock to people who know Islamic history superficially. I am in shocking now.

The honest, pure shia Ali or descendant of ahlul bayt may tell which book it is, as i afraid with the promise

by the writer not to spread it outside of shia. But the book is on internet openwide.

Salam, fi amani llah.

What?

O, Ahlul bayt or shia Ali who know the book i referred, please explain. I do not want to tell, because

i just read now and got it a few ago. It is shocking me.

I ask my friend (shia friend) and he said it needs to be researched more.

Get a grip. if it is publically available, then blurt it out. Do you think the Shi'ah of Muhammad (saw), Fatimah (as), and 'Ali (as) care ?

Brother is it the title of a book? Why would you mention it if you are unwilling to actually talk about it? You have to understand that people are only asking you because they wish to discover more knowledge. Is it the Book of Sulaym ibn Qays?

Do you mind posting any evidence of there support for the divine appointment of Imam Ali (a.s.)? After you're done with studying of course, I don't want to hinder you from your classes :D

"Whoever sets up another Imam besides 'Ali and delays 'Ali's caliphate is a polytheist." Al Kafi

Also there are many Quranic Verses that support his appointment.

"Your guardian is only Allah, His Messenger and those who believe, establish prayers and pay the zakat while they are bowing in prayer." (Surah al-Ma'ida, 5:55)

both the Shi'ah and the Sunnis agree that this verse was revealed for Imam Ali a.s.

"Your guardian is only Allah, His Messenger and those who believe, establish prayers and pay the zakat while they are bowing in prayer." (Surah al-Ma'ida, 5:55)

both the Shi'ah and the Sunnis agree that this verse was revealed for Imam Ali a.s.

Sunnis don't agree with that. The verse talks about the believers who perform their congregational prayers and give Zakaat.

There is no Sahih Shia hadith that says Ali (ra) gave Zakaat while he was praying/bowing.

How can you claim this verse proves the divine Imamate of Ali (ra) ?

Edited by Abul Hussain Hassani

Sunnis don't agree with that. The verse talks about the believers who perform their prayers and give Zakaat.

There is no Sahih Shia hadith that says Ali (ra) gave Zakaat while he was praying/bowing.

How can you claim this verse proves the divine Imamate of Ali (ra) ?

I found this online:

Commentary of the Qur'an by Abi Is'haq Ahmad Ibn Muhammad ibn Ibrahim Nisaboori al-Tha'labi:

Both of my ears may turn deaf and both of my eyes may become blind if I speak a lie. I heard the Messenger of
Allah
Allah
's blessings and peace be upon him and his posterity, saying, "Ali is the guide of the righteous and the slayer of the infidels. he who has helped him is victorious and he who has abandoned him is forsaken." One day I said my prayers in the company of the Prophet. A beggar came to the mosque and begged for alms, but nobody gave him anything. Ali was in a state of kneeling in the prayer. He pointed out his ring to the beggar, who appraoched him and removed the ring from his finger. Thereupon the Prophet,
Allah
's blessings and peace be upon him and his posterity, implored
Allah
the Mighty and Glorious, saying: "O
Allah
! My brother Moses begged you saying, 'My Lord, delight my heart and make my task easy and undo the knot in my tongue so that they may understand me, and appoint from my kinsmen, Haroon, my brother, as my vizier, and strenghthen my back with him and make him participate in my mission so that we may glorify You and remember You more frequently. Certainly You see us.' And You inspired him: 'O Musa! All your requests have been granted.' O
Allah
! I am your slave and your prophet. Delight my heart and make my task easy and appoint from among my kinsmen Ali as my vizier and strengthen my back with him."

Abu Dhar, then, proceeded

By
Allah
, the Messenger of
Allah
Allah
's blessings and peace be upon him and his posterity had not yet finished his supplication when the trustworthy Gabriel descended to him with this Verse

"Certainly
Allah
is Your Master, and His Prophet and those who believe who establish prayer and give charity while they bow. And whoever takes
Allah
and His Messenger and those who believe as a guardian, so surely the party of
Allah
will be victorious."

Sunni References for this Hadith:

(1) Tafsir al-Kabir, by Ahmad Ibn Muhammad al-Tha'labi, under Verse 5:55

(2) Tafsir al-Kabir, by Ibn Jarir al-Tabari, v6, pp 186,288-289

(3) Tafsir Jamiul Hukam al-Quran, by Muhammad Ibn Ahmad Qurtubi, v6, p219

(4) Tafsir al-Khazin, v2, p68

(5) Tafsir al-Durr al-Manthoor, by al-Suyuti, v2, pp 293-294

(6) Tafsir al-Kashshaf, by al-Zamakhshari, Egypt 1373, v1, pp 505,649

(7) Asbab al-Nuzool, by Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, Egypt 1382, v1, p73 on the

authority of Ibn Abbas

(8) Asbab al-Nuzool, by al-Wahidi, on the authority of Ibn Abbas

(9) Sharh al-Tjrid, by Allama Qushji

(10) Ahkam al-Quran, al-Jassas, v2, pp 542-543

(11) Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v5, p38

(12) Kanzul Ummal, by al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, v6, p391, Tradition #5991

(13) al-Awsat, by Tabarani, narrated from Ammar Yasir

(14) Ibn Mardawayh, on the authority of Ibn Abbas

... and more.

Edited by igotquestions

Provide proof

Sunnis don't agree with that. The verse talks about the believers who perform their prayers and give Zakaat

That's because you are nasibi

حديث الصدقة بالخاتم وهو راكع : قال الطبراني : ثنا عبد الرحمن بن محمد بن سلم الرازي ، ثنا محمد بن يحيى بن ضريس العبدي ، ثنا عيسى بن عبد الله بن عبيد الله بن عمر بن علي بن أبي طالب ، حدثني أبي عن أبيه ، عن جده ، عن علي قال : نزلت هذه الآية على رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : إنما وليكم الله ورسوله والذين آمنوا الذين يقيمون الصلاة ويؤتون الزكاة وهم راكعون [ المائدة : 55 ] . فخرج رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فدخل المسجد والناس يصلون بين راكع وقائم ، وإذا سائل ، فقال : " يا سائل ، هل أعطاك أحد شيئا ؟ " فقال : لا ، إلا هاذاك الراكع - لعلي - أعطاني خاتمه .

Al Bidayah Wal Nihayah by Ibn Kathir

Provide proof

what? It is you who need to provide proof not me because you make the claim.

Anyways, here is the view of Muhammad bin Ali رح (known as al-Baqir) about the verse 5:55:

وقال ابن جرير: حدثنا هناد، حدثنا عبدة عن عبد الملك،عن أبي جعفر قال: سألته عن هذه الآية: { إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ ٱللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُوَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱلَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ ٱلصَّلوٰةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ ٱلزَّكَوٰةَوَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ } قلنا: من الذين آمنوا؟ قال: الذين آمنوا. قلنا: بلغنا أنهانزلت في علي بن أبي طالب، قال: علي من الذين آمنوا.

Ibn Jareer said: Hanad told us, Abdah told us he narrated from Abdul Malik from Abu Ja’afar Muhammad bin Ali (ra): I asked him about this verse …(he mentions 5:55)… We said: Who are the believers? He replied: The Believers. We said: It had reached us that this was revealed regarding Ali ibn Abi Talib, He said: Ali is amongst those believers.

Sanad of narration is Sahih.

أبو نعيم في الحلية عن عبد الملك بن أبي سليمان قال:سألت أبا جعفر محمد بن علي عن قوله { إنما وليكم الله ورسوله والذين آمنوا الذينيقيمون الصلاة ويؤتون الزكاة وهم راكعون } قال: أصحاب محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم قلتيقولون: علي؟ قال: علي منهم.

Abu Na’eem in “al Hilyah” from abdul Malik bin Abu Suleiman that he said: I asked Abu Ja’afar Muhammad Ibn Ali (ra) about the verse of Allah …(he mentions 5:55)… He told me: those who accompanied Muhammad peace be upon him. I said: They say Ali? He replied: Ali is amongst them.

Edited by Abul Hussain Hassani

You wrote:

There is no Sahih Shia hadith that says Ali gave Zakaat while he was praying/bowing.

and now this? ahahahah

what? It is you who need to provide proof not me because you make the claim.

Anyways, here is the view of Muhammad bin Ali رح (known as al-Baqir) about the verse 5:55:

وقال ابن جرير: حدثنا هناد، حدثنا عبدة عن عبد الملك،عن أبي جعفر قال: سألته عن هذه الآية: { إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ ٱللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُوَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱلَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ ٱلصَّلوٰةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ ٱلزَّكَوٰةَوَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ } قلنا: من الذين آمنوا؟ قال: الذين آمنوا. قلنا: بلغنا أنهانزلت في علي بن أبي طالب، قال: علي من الذين آمنوا.

Ibn Jareer said: Hanad told us, Abdah told us he narrated from Abdul Malik from Abu Ja’afar Muhammad bin Ali (ra): I asked him about this verse …(he mentions 5:55)… We said: Who are the believers? He replied: The Believers. We said: It had reached us that this was revealed regarding Ali ibn Abi Talib, He said: Ali is amongst those believers.

أبو نعيم في الحلية عن عبد الملك بن أبي سليمان قال:سألت أبا جعفر محمد بن علي عن قوله { إنما وليكم الله ورسوله والذين آمنوا الذينيقيمون الصلاة ويؤتون الزكاة وهم راكعون } قال: أصحاب محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم قلتيقولون: علي؟ قال: علي منهم.

Abu Na’eem in “al Hilyah” from abdul Malik bin Abu Suleiman that he said: I asked Abu Ja’afar Muhammad Ibn Ali (ra) about the verse of Allah …(he mentions 5:55)… He told me: those who accompanied Muhammad peace be upon him. I said: They say Ali? He replied: Ali is amongst them.

Where does Imam (as) say that all of the 'believers' gave zakat while being in rukuh?

+ Did you authenticate it?

+ Where is references to hadith?

Edited by Rasul

Your wali is only Allah, and His Messenger, and those who believe, those who establish the salat and give the zakat while they bow. (5:55)

`Ali b. Muhammad narrated to us. He said: al-Hibari narrated to us. He said: Yahya b. `Abd al-Hamid narrated to us. He said: Musa b. Matir narrated to us from al-Minhal b. `Amr [and] from `Abdullah b. Muhammad b. al-Hanafiyya. He said: `Ali عليه السلام was praying when a beggar came and begged him. So he said by his finger, and extended it, and gave the beggar a ring. So the beggar came to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله and he said: Did anyone give you anything? He said: Yes. So it was sent down regarding him “Your wali is only Allah, and His Messenger…”

`Ali b. Muhammad narrated to us. He said: al-Hibari narrated to me. He said: Hasan b. Husayn narrated to us. He said: Hibban narrated to us from al-Kalbi from Abu Salih from Ibn `Abbas regarding His saying “Your wali is only Allah, and His Messenger, and those who believe, those who establish the salat and give the zakat while they bow”: It was sent down regarding `Ali عليه السلام specifically.

And whoever takes Allah and His Messenger and those who believe as wali, then verily the party of Allah they are the victorious. (5:56)

And His saying “And whoever takes Allah and His Messenger and those who believe as wali”: `Ali b. Abi Talib عليه السلام.

Tafsir al-Hibari by al-Hibari al-Kufi

علي بن إبراهيم، عن ابيه، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن عمر بن اذينة، عن زرارة والفضيل بن يسار، وبكير بن أعين ومحمد بن مسلم وبريد بن معاوية وأبي الجارود جميعا عن أبي جعفر عليه السلام قال: أمر الله عز وجل رسوله بولاية علي وأنزل عليه " إنما وليكم الله ورسوله والذين آمنوا الذين يقيمون الصلاة ويؤتون الزكاة " وفرض ولاية أولي الامر، فلم يدروا ما هي، فأمر الله محمدا صلى الله عليه وآله أن يفسر لهم الولاية، كما فسر لهم الصلاة، والزكاة والصوم والحج، فلما أتاه ذلك من الله، ضاق بذلك صدر رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وتخوف أن يرتدوا عن دينهم وأن يكذبوه فضاق صدره وراجع ربه عز وجل فأوحى الله عز وجل إليه " يا أيها الرسول بلغ ما أنزل إليك من ربك وإن لم تفعل فما بلغت رسالته والله يعصمك من الناس " فصدع بأمر الله تعالى ذكره فقام بولاية علي عليه السلام يوم غدير خم، فنادى الصلاة جامعة وأمر الناس أن يبلغ الشاهد الغائب. - قال عمر بن اذينة: قالوا جميعا غير أبي الجارود - وقال أبو جعفر عليه السلام: وكانت الفريضة تنزل بعد الفريضة الاخرى وكانت الولاية آخر الفرائض، فأنزل الله عز وجل " اليوم أكملت لكم دينكم وأتممت عليكم نعمتي " قال أبو جعفر عليه السلام: يقول الله عز وجل: لا انزل عليكم بعد هذه فريضة، قد أكملت لكم الفرائض.

`Ali b. Ibrahim from his father from ibn Abi `Umayr from `Umar b. Udhayna from Zurara, al-Fudayl b. Yasar, Bukayr b. A`yan, Muhammad b. Muslim, Burayd b. Mu`awiya and Abu’l Jarud together from Abu Ja`far عليه السلام.

He said: The wilaya of `Ali was an order from Allah عز وجل to His messenger, and He revealed upon him, “Verily your guardian is Allah, His messenger, and those who believed – who stand in prayer and give the zakat…” (5:55). And He made the wilaya of the Possessors of the Command (ulu ‘l-amr) obligatory, and they did not understand what it was; so Allah ordered Muhammad صلى الله عليه وآله to interpret [and clarify] the wilaya to them, just as he interpreted salat, zakat, sawm, and Hajj. When Allah gave that [order] to him, the chest of the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله tightened, and he feared that they would apostatize from their religion and bely him – so his chest tightened. He consulted his Lord عز وجل, so Allah عز وجل inspired to him, “O Messenger, preach what is revealed to you from your Lord. If you do not preach, it will be as though you have not conveyed My Message, and Allah will protect you from the people”. (5:67) So he executed the command of Allah تعالى ذكره and declared the wilaya of `Ali عليه السلام on the day of Ghadeer Khumm. He called for a congregational prayer and commanded the people to bear testimony and inform the absent.

Ahmad b. Muhammad from `Ali b. al-Hakam from al-Husayn b. Abu’l `Alaa’.

He said: I mentioned to Abu `Abdillah عليه لاسلام our saying regarding the deputies (awsiya’), that obedience to them is obligatory. He said: So he said: Yes, they are the ones about whom Allah تعالى says, “Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger and those in authority from you,” (4:59) – and they are the ones about whom Allah عز وجل says, “Verily, your master is [only] Allah, His Messenger, and those who believed,” (5:55). (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 480) (Sahih)

Enjoy!

So the verse only refers to Ali (a.s.)? But isn't the verse in plural " and those who believe."

(salam)

This verse is setting a concept (mafhum) which can theoretically apply to many. However, the instantiation of this concept (misdaq) in reality, as history tells us, was Imam Ali (as) who was the believer who gave zakaat whilst in prostration and this extremely noble position of wilaya as mentioned in the verse, has been proven for him.

No one has ever given charity during prayer then Imam Ali A.S, you cannot find anyone better then the ahlulbayt besides prophets

Edited by pureethics

Your ally is none but Allah and [therefore] His Messenger and those who have believed - those who establish prayer and give zakah, and they bow [in worship

[AND THEY BOW IN WORSHIP}

Pickthall: Your guardian can be only Allah; and His messenger and those who believe, who establish worship and pay the poordue, and bow down (in prayer).

Yusuf Ali: Your (real) friends are (no less than) Allah, His Messenger, and the (fellowship of) believers,- those who establish regular prayers and regular charity, and they bow down humbly (in worship).

Muhammad Sarwar: Only God, His Messenger, and the true believers who are steadfast in prayer and pay alms, while they kneel during prayer, are your guardians.

Mohsin Khan: Verily, your Wali (Protector or Helper) is Allah, His Messenger, and the believers, - those who perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, and they bow down (submit themselves with obedience to Allah in prayer).

Arberry: Your friend is only God, and His Messenger, and the believers who perform the prayer and pay the alms, and bow them down.

(5:55:7)

alladhīna

and those who

(5:55:8)

yuqīmūna

establish

(5:55:9)

l-ṣalata

the prayer

5:55:10)

wayu'tūna

and give

(5:55:11)

l-zakata

zakah

(5:55:12)

wahum

and they

(5:55:13)

rākiʿūna

(are) those who bow down.

its soo soo simple every sunni knows that it doesnt refer to ali ra at all

anyway read the next sura it carries on 5:56

5_56.png

Transliteration Waman yatawalla Allaha warasoolahu wallatheenaamanoo fa-inna hizba Allahi humu alghaliboon

Sahih International And whoever is an ally of Allah and His Messenger and those who have believed - indeed, the party of Allah - they will be the predominant.

Muhsin Khan And whosoever takes Allah, His Messenger, and those who have believed, as Protectors, then the party of Allah will be the victorious.

Yusuf Ali As to those who turn (for friendship) to Allah, His Messenger, and the (fellowship of) believers,- it is the fellowship of Allah that must certainly triumph.

Dr. Ghali

And whoever makes Allah his Ever-Patronizing patron, and His Messenger and the ones who have believed (as patrons), (i.e., "those one the party of Allah) then surely the party of Allah are they who are the overcomers.

VICTORIOUS

Allah swt blessed Abu bakr ra with victories

Umar ra

Uthman ra

Ali ra

as history and hadith testify

so in short surah maida 55/56 is

Allah and His messenger are your allies if you are a true believer pays zakah performs salah and if yo do this then Allah swt will give you victory

which he did to the 4 khaliphs and many other muslim rulers

our protection is Allah swt His messenger the true believers who prayed and payed zakah they are our allies our leaderswhom Allah swt blessed with vicory as is stated in quran PLAIN AND SIMPLE

dont need stories to back it up

Allah HU AKBAR

@blacknight, look more closely at the detail of how (w-l-y) has been translated by each author in verse 55 as opposed to verse 56. The translations variance means verses 55 and 56 are not talking about the same thing! So u cannot connect the verses.

Also Verse 55 is addressed at All people not just beleivers... if you take wali in v55 to mean friend that would imply Allah is even telling someone like Adolf Hitler that He+prophet+believer are friends to them (!!) and if you take wali to mean helper then that means Allah+prophet+believers are helpers to people like Adolf Hitler. Similarly the protectorship meaning of wali also fails as Allah+prophet+believers have no business protecting ppl like adolf hitler!

The only logical definition of wali is AUTHORITY. Then it makes sense that Allah+prophet+believers are an authority over others

And finally, since wali means Authority in this context, we clearly cannot have every believer an authority over each other. Therefore, the believers referrered to into this verse must be a subset of believers. Which have been clarified to be only those that gave zakat WHILE bowing

aahhaha... When did Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman give zakat - while being in rukuh? :yaali:

haha very funny

Don't worry! tomorrow I will give Zakat during Ruku, would I become a divinely appointed Imam?

The verse is simple and clear - no need to twist its meaning.

Further answer:

In regards to Verse 5:55 above, it is a stretch to say that this verse refers to Ali (رضّى الله عنه). Once again, we see that the Shia was unable to simply show us the verse in the Quran without their own commentary. As such, this does not fulfill the “Quran Challenge” in the least. Without their added commentary, this verse does not in any way discuss their Shia belief.

In fact, it is an impossibility that this verse refers to Ali (رضّى الله عنه) when it talks about “believers” which is in the plural form. How can this verse refer to Ali (رضّى الله عنه) when it is in the plural form? Yuqeemoona, yu-toona, hum, and raki’oona are all plural structures. Now, the Shia will respond by saying it is in plural because it refers to all of their twelve Infallible Imams. But that is peculiar, since the Shia was just arguing earlier that this verse referred to a specific story in which Ali (رضّى الله عنه) gave his ring in charity while in Rukoo. This is a contradiction that needs to be pondered upon.

Lastly, even if we let the Shia believe that this verse refers to Ali (رضّى الله عنه), this still does not answer the “Quran Challenge.” This verse is talking about “Wali” which means “friend.” It has nothing to do with Infallible Imamah. If that were the case, were the Shia arguing that Allah (عز و جل) is one of the Infallible Imams, since Allah (عز و جل) says that He is Wali of the believers?

What would stop a Bahai person from claiming that this verse actually refers to Bahaiullah? A Bahai person could easily narrate a convoluted story about how Bahaiullah gave charity and was bowing down to God, and then vehemently claim that this verse refers to Bahaiullah. The Aga Khanis could claim that this verse refers to The Aga Khan. Indeed, if we accept the Shia claims, then there really is no way to stop anyone from taking any verse in the Quran and twisting it to mean really whatever they want it to mean.

It is disconcerting how the Shia play Legoes with the Quran. For example, if the Quran calls someone(s) Ahlel Bayt, the Shia will claim it is Ali (رضّى الله عنه), even though it is addressed to the Prophet’s wives. If the Quran uses the word “Mawla,” then the Shia say this is Ali (رضّى الله عنه). The Quran calls Ibrahim (عليه السلام) an Imam, so the Shia claim that this shows Ali (رضّى الله عنه) is an Imam. Even Qadiyanis can claim that Mawla means Mirza Ghulam Qadiyani. Or Hindus can claim that Imam means Rama or Kali Mata. Anti-Islam orientalists can say that it refers to the Moon God that Muslims slay virgin women for.

We sincerely advise our Shia brothers to read the Quran in an unbiased manner. Ahlel Bidah (the People of Evil Innovation) will first expound their beliefs and then after this they will look for “evidences” in the Quran. On the other hand, true believers will first read the Quran and then this will decide what their beliefs are. If a person adamantly believed in Santa Claus, then he could easily read the Quran and make different verses refer to Santa Claus. But if such a person read the Quran with an open heart and an unbiased mind (i.e. with no preconceptions), then there is no way that he could arrive at the erroneous belief in Santa Claus.

http://www.*****************.com

So the verse only refers to Ali (a.s.)? But isn't the verse in plural " and those who believe."

Yes, it is plural but if you read the whole verse it starts off as it could be any individual who believes but then it has a criteria. Only those who believe and establish prayer and give Zakat in a state of Ruku, which the only one in history to do so was Imam Ai (as).

haha very funny

Don't worry! tomorrow I will give Zakat during Ruku, would I become a divinely appointed Imam?

The verse is simple and clear - no need to twist its meaning.

Further answer:

If you were not dumb as you are - you would not ask me such a silly question. The verse was revealed after Ali (as) gave zakat while being in rukuh..

Hope you understand that with your Omari brain lol :lol:

Proof from Sunni Tafsir

حديث الصدقة بالخاتم وهو راكع : قال الطبراني : ثنا عبد الرحمن بن محمد بن سلم الرازي ، ثنا محمد بن يحيى بن ضريس العبدي ، ثنا عيسى بن عبد الله بن عبيد الله بن عمر بن علي بن أبي طالب ، حدثني أبي عن أبيه ، عن جده ، عن علي قال : نزلت هذه الآية على رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : إنما وليكم الله ورسوله والذين آمنوا الذين يقيمون الصلاة ويؤتون الزكاة وهم راكعون [ المائدة : 55 ] . فخرج رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فدخل المسجد والناس يصلون بين راكع وقائم ، وإذا سائل ، فقال : " يا سائل ، هل أعطاك أحد شيئا ؟ " فقال : لا ، إلا هاذاك الراكع - لعلي - أعطاني خاتمه .

Al Bidayah Wal Nihayah by Ibn Kathir

Yes, in several places.

It is most clearly made a distinct role from prophethood in surah baqarah where prophet ibrahim is promoted to the rank of imamat after passing some trials.

2:124

وَإِذِ ابْتَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ رَبُّهُ بِكَلِمَاتٍ فَأَتَمَّهُنَّ قَالَ إِنِّي جَاعِلُكَ لِلنَّاسِ إِمَامًا قَالَ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِي قَالَ لَا يَنَالُ عَهْدِي الظَّالِمِينَ