Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
magsismart1

Advise Needed For A Young Couple Moving To London

Rate this topic

Salam Brothers and sisters,

I have got a job in London and I am moving from Manchester for the first time. we are a young couple with no babies, we want to ideally move in an area where we can find imambargah and an easy link to canary wharf. I am willing to travel upto an hour depending on the area I get to live in and looking for a reasonable accommodation. Can someone please help.

I have got a job in London and I am moving from Manchester for the first time. we are a young couple with no babies, we want to ideally move in an area where we can find imambargah and an easy link to canary wharf. I am willing to travel upto an hour depending on the area I get to live in and looking for a reasonable accommodation. Can someone please help.

W/salaam brother

I believe Imamia Mission in Forest Gate is the closest centre to canary wharf:

http://www.mosquedir...Gate-Newham/446

Another ideal one, though it is in Walthamstow (North-east london) is Sakina Trust, Which I would personally recommend..the Centre is very good with a lovely Resident Aalim:

http://www.sakinatrust.org/

The areas are not that far to canary wharf either.

Edited by Labbayk

Look around the areas of Norwood, Norbury, Tooting, Mitcham, or Morden. My brothers moved recently and they work in central London also, so those are the areas we found best for their travel and budget. They eventually got a brand new refurbished 2 bedroom flat in Morden for under a 1k a month. Plus they have the main high street and amenities 5 min walk from their flat. Also Idara Jafria is 8 mins in car and 20 mins tube from there.

Edited by Asghar

Walekum salaam.

I would second what the bro above said. East croydon is best in terms of transport as you can get a fast 20 minute train to London bridge > 15-20 mins to CW.

Norbury > 10 mins to Balham > About 20-30 mins to London Bridge > 15-20 to CW.

Norbury is like a 15 minute drive away from Idara e Jafferia, 10 minutes to Hyderi. Tooting on the other hand is like living in Pakistan/India in terms of the groceries, desi food etc with Idara e Jaffferia just round the corner.

Edited by diracdeltafunc

Salaams

Norbury/Streatham Common are good areas if you are looking to rent as Hyderi is 5-10minutes away and Idara 10-15mins away by car.

Train wise there is a direct train that reaches London Bridge in 30mins from both the stations so travel isn't too bad.

Regards