Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
uniquemuslim

Why Do We Do Ma'tam?

Rate this topic

AOA,

Okay I have a question, I'm a bit in doubt of matam, why exactly do we do it? And if the answer is remembrance of Hussain A.S that is fine, but more than matam I doubt Nohas. God forgive me but I think that Nohas sort of sound like songs, they have a rhythm with the matam and usually rhyme. Please do not get me wrong I love Islam/Shias/Muhammad/Ali/Hassan/Hussain.

Would be nice for someone to clear things up!

Thanks,

Salam.

"Hussain is from me, and I am from Hussain"

-Muhammad

AOA,

Okay I have a question, I'm a bit in doubt of matam, why exactly do we do it? And if the answer is remembrance of Hussain A.S that is fine, but more than matam I doubt Nohas. God forgive me but I think that Nohas sort of sound like songs, they have a rhythm with the matam and usually rhyme. Please do not get me wrong I love Islam/Shias/Muhammad/Ali/Hassan/Hussain.

Would be nice for someone to clear things up!

Thanks,

Salam.

"Hussain is from me, and I am from Hussain"

-Muhammad

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Noha is a kind of Lamentation Poetry which reminds us of the supreme sacrifice of Imam Hussein AS and the martyrs in the holy event at Karbala.

See Chapter 3 here: http://www.al-islam.org/revolution/

noha is for the rememberence of the tragedies of KARBALA... noha describes the pain the family of RASOOL(pbuh) had to face...all the difficulties..and the manner they are recited the bring tears in your eyes..n u feel the had gone back to 61 hijra...n the rhythm u r talking about is of doing matam...

As Salaamu Alaikum Ya Akhiyun Islam,

Matam, is not an act, action, or prayer. Mourning for Hussain (A.S.) and what his sister had to go through (Cries) is one of the greatest deeds until the Day of Judgement. If we do not do this, how will we answer the Beloved Prophet and his Daughter (Cries again) Fatima (A.S.) on the Day of Judjement?

We need to consider this thought, for it makes me cry, and I am 15 years old. I do not want to type anymore. It is just to terrible. How will we say something when the Lady of Light asks us "Why did you not cry for my Hussain?"? Ya Zahra!!!!

(Cries more)

Sincerily,

Slave of Abul'Fadl,

Abbas Shahid

I don't know about a whole lot about Ma'tam, so excuse my mistakes if I make here. But keeping the pain, grief and sorrow for the oppression and injustice the oppressed suffer by the hand of tyrants is the first step to carrying on their legacy. We have to be passionate for them and their cause, and fight for their cause with that passion and fire. We need a burning heart.