Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mahdisoldier inshallah

Wikipedia Lie ?

Rate this topic

bismallah rahman rahim

Salam 3laykoum

While I was reading in wikipedia, I saw that

"Shia Muslims constitute 27% of the population in Lebanon"

I went to Leabanon every summer, and all what i can say you have easily 1.5 millions shias in Beirut...

And you see in wikipedia french taht is 40-55%..Arent Shia more than 60% of Lebanon population

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_Islam

Look in Demographic.

Wa3laykoum salam

Have a good day

You can edit wikipedia. Try to get a number of reliable sources and edit the page.

If you don't have the time to work on it, please click on the talk page, and leave your comment and references pointing out how the data is incorrect.

ÇáÓáÇã Ûáí˜ã íÇ ÇÎæÉ

Do not trust Wikipedia all the time but I am glad that you have noticed the differences between English and French versions. You may be surprised that Arabic version is same as English. I have tried to make a judgement of population, unfortunately the population is not updated since year 2008.

It sounds about right. These are the CIA figures for Lebanon (before someone makes some comment about that, consider it's not in the interest of the CIA to get these figures wrong):

Muslim 59.7% (Shia, Sunni, Druze, Isma'ilite, Alawite or Nusayri), Christian 39% (Maronite Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Melkite Catholic, Armenian Orthodox, Syrian Catholic, Armenian Catholic, Syrian Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Chaldean, Assyrian, Coptic, Protestant), other 1.3%

note: 17 religious sects recognized

So taking that 59.7% and further dividing it up to include not only Sunni and Shi`i but also Druze and other groups, I could see how the Shi`a would be somewhere around 27% of the total Lebanese population.

Shia make 40% to 50% of Lebanon...

And about half the population of Lebanon (4,140,289) is in Beirut (1.909 million)...

15 years ago, they used to say Lebanons population if 4 million..man hay l sellom alone has around 1 million people :D we dont need foreigners to tell us the population..

Edited by RoAcHy

And about half the population of Lebanon (4,140,289) is in Beirut (1.909 million)...

" There are wide-ranging estimates of Beirut's population from as low as 938,940 people to as high as 2,012,000. No population census has been taken in Lebanon since 1932."

Beirut is full of shias,tripoli has many shias,zahle is mostly shias,and junub is mostly shia.

No way its 27% .

Since when the CIA knows what's in their interests. Just like it was in the interest of the CIA not to get the information wrong on the WMDs in Iraq. Anyways regardless on what the number is, you won't find anyone in Lebanon that disagree that the Shias are the majority sect. Just watch Lebanese politics and it will become apparent to anyone in the first 5 min.

Edited by Martyrdom