Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Cursing Yazid Bin Muawia. Is It Permissible?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

New article added:

Cursing Yazid bin Muawia. Is it permissible?

http://valiasr-aj-english.weebly.com/uploads/7/5/6/8/7568784/cursing_yazid_bin_muawia._is_it_permissible.docx.pdf

you can find more translated articles on:

http://valiasr-aj-english.weebly.com/index.html

Original website: (In Farsi)

http://www.valiasr-aj.com/fa/index.php

comments, feedback and volunteers welcomed.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not only permissible, it's wajib ...

Lanat on yazeed the most vile, filthy monster, demonic entity illegitimate son of a baboon. This turd should be forever cursed!

this made me cry ... because I love Imam Hussain (AS) ......i'm new shia muslim...

• Veteran Member

Salam Alaikum

La3nat'ullah ala Yaze3d bin Muwaiya!

Even Imam Ali as cursed Muwaiya, so if his son son killed Al Hussain as, then we cant?

Source:

Almusanaf af Ibn abi Shaiba:

ÍÏËäÇ åÔíã ÞÇá ÃÎÈÑäÇ ÍÕíä ÞÇá ÍÏËäÇ ÚÈÏ ÇáÑÍãä Èä ãÛÝá ÞÇá ÕáíÊ ãÚ Úáí ÕáÇÉ ÇáÛÏÇÉ ÞÇá ÝÞäÊ ÝÞÇá Ýí ÞäæÊå Çááåã Úáíß ÈãÚÇæíÉ æÃÔíÇÚå æÚãÑæ Èä ÇáÚÇÕ æÃÔíÇÚå æÃÈÇ ÇáÓáãí æÃÔíÇÚå æÚÈÏ Çááå Èä ÞíÓ æÃÔíÇÚå

"I prayed with Imam Ali - lunch prayer (i think it is Dhur-asr), the did he make qunoot and said "Oh' Allah' Curse Mu'awiya and his followers and Amru' bin Al al'as and his followers and Aba Asalmi and his followers and Abdullah son of Qais and his followers.

There is more sources if anyone want! May God Curse Muwaiya and Yazed.

Wa'salam

Allah(swt) sends Laa'n (rejection) more than 20 times in Al-Quran.

Yazeed Ibn Muawiah (Laan) had all 20 Laan qualities that are mentioned in Al-Quran.

Hence in the Sunnah of Allah(swt) and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) , it is wajib (not optional) to send Laan on Yazeed, Muawiah, Umer Ibn Saad Ibn Abi Waqas, Shimr, and the first one who usurped the rights of Prophet's family, and the second one, and the third one, and the fourth one.

• Advanced Member

In general, we have to send curses on the bad and praises on the good, in this way we prevent our society from corruption. The person who defends or supports the evil, is evil himself, and equal in his status is he who refuses to condemn the evil, and tries to compromise or say that both the good and evil are equal.

yazid, hitler, stalin

all deserve to be repremanded

i go here are the things so and so has done, he was a dictator who opressed many. May God deal with him in a way he see's best.

I myself curse all three, can't help it. see what yazid did to hussain a.s., stalin to so many millions, and ofcourse, there is picture evidence of what hitler did to the jews.

"In general, we have to send curses on the bad and praises on the good, in this way we prevent our society from corruption. The person who defends or supports the evil, is evil himself, and equal in his status is he who refuses to condemn the evil, and tries to compromise or say that both the good and evil are equal"

GREAT quote

Edited by Logical Islam
  • 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

Allah will not ask us on the day of judgement of the people who have passed away before (Al-Quran). My mazhab doesn't allow me to even curse Abu Jahel, Abu Lehab or Firoun specifically except of quoting Allah's judgement about them specifically in Qur'an.

I was advised by my teacher to curse those who killed Ahlelbayt (as) and died without repentance.

And Allah alone knows the best.

• Advanced Member

Lol your madhab doesn't allow you to curse Abu Jahal, Abu Lahab and Fir'awn? Which madhab is that?

I can't find any commandment by Allah & his Rasool (saw) to make it a special "AMAL" to curse Abu Jehal SPECIFICALLY except by quoting Allah's statement in Qur'an where HE HIMSELF curses anyone SPECIFICALLY!

I told you instead of discussing and specifically pointing out personalities we could make generalization asking Allah: "O Allah curse the killers of Husayn (as)" ...

There are certain Sunni Scholars who have not only permitted but have made it a preferrance to curse Yazid, which I personally differ with. I will not be asked on the day of judgment about Yazid, or what approach I have for him. Yes I love Imam Husayn (as) from the bottom of my heart, and I consider his love to be compulsory for Muslims based on authentic ahaadith found for his noble dignity.

Moreover, my instance of taking my MAZHAB doesn't refer to any kind of Shia/Sunni History, but Qur'an and narrated ahaadith.

Edited by investigating
  • Veteran Member

My mazhab doesn't allow me to even curse Abu Jahel, Abu Lehab or Firoun specifically except of quoting Allah's judgement about them specifically in Qur'an.

Allah sends La'an (curse) upon people, but He doesnt allow us? On the contrary. Without La'an, evil doers will be rampant. IT is the la'an that destroys them.

[shakir 2:161] Surely those who disbelieve and die while they are disbelievers, these it is on whom is the curse of Allah and the angels and men all;

But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call our sons and your sons, and our women and your women, and our selves and your selves; then let us be earnest in prayer and invoke the curse of Allah upon the liars. (Qur’an 3:61).

Surely those who conceal the clear proofs and the guidance that We revealed after We made it clear for men in the Book, these it is whom Allah does curse, and those who curse do curse them (too) (159),

[shakir 11:18] And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah? These shall be brought before their Lord, and the witnesses shall say: These are they who lied against their Lord. Now surely the curse of Allah is on the unjust.

[shakir 13:25] And those who break the covenant of Allah after its confirmation and cut asunder that which Allah has ordered to be joined and make mischief in the land; (as for) those, upon them shall be curse and they shall have the evil (issue) of the abode.

[shakir 24:7] And the fifth (time) that the curse of Allah be on him if he is one of the liars.

[shakir 28:42] And We caused a curse to follow them in this world, and on the day of resurrection they shall be of those made to appear hideous.

[shakir 33:57] Surely (as for) those who speak evil things of Allah and His Messenger, Allah has cursed them in this world and the here after, and He has prepared for them a chastisement bringing disgrace.

[shakir 33:64] Surely Allah has cursed the unbelievers and has prepared for them a burning fire,

[shakir 40:52] The day on which their excuse shall not benefit the unjust, and for them is curse and for them is the evil abode

(wasalam)

this made me cry ... because I love Imam Hussain (as) ......i'm new shia muslim...

I love Brother Hassanain Rajabali. His lectures are profound! I recommend watching them on youtube.

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

Allah sends La'an (curse) upon people, but He doesnt allow us? On the contrary. Without La'an, evil doers will be rampant. IT is the la'an that destroys them.

[shakir 2:161] Surely those who disbelieve and die while they are disbelievers, these it is on whom is the curse of Allah and the angels and men all;

But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call our sons and your sons, and our women and your women, and our selves and your selves; then let us be earnest in prayer and invoke the curse of Allah upon the liars. (Qur’an 3:61).

Surely those who conceal the clear proofs and the guidance that We revealed after We made it clear for men in the Book, these it is whom Allah does curse, and those who curse do curse them (too) (159),

[shakir 11:18] And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah? These shall be brought before their Lord, and the witnesses shall say: These are they who lied against their Lord. Now surely the curse of Allah is on the unjust.

[shakir 13:25] And those who break the covenant of Allah after its confirmation and cut asunder that which Allah has ordered to be joined and make mischief in the land; (as for) those, upon them shall be curse and they shall have the evil (issue) of the abode.

[shakir 24:7] And the fifth (time) that the curse of Allah be on him if he is one of the liars.

[shakir 28:42] And We caused a curse to follow them in this world, and on the day of resurrection they shall be of those made to appear hideous.

[shakir 33:57] Surely (as for) those who speak evil things of Allah and His Messenger, Allah has cursed them in this world and the here after, and He has prepared for them a chastisement bringing disgrace.

[shakir 33:64] Surely Allah has cursed the unbelievers and has prepared for them a burning fire,

[shakir 40:52] The day on which their excuse shall not benefit the unjust, and for them is curse and for them is the evil abode

(wasalam)

I love Brother Hassanain Rajabali. His lectures are profound! I recommend watching them on youtube.

(wasalam)

Again Allah is making generalizations. You can make the generalization as above, but If I don't point out the specific names, Allah will not held me accountable for this.

Allah alone knows the best.

• Veteran Member

Again Allah is making generalizations. You can make the generalization as above, but If I don't point out the specific names, Allah will not held me accountable for this.

Whether you point out their names or not, of course they will all be included, even the ones that you may not think deserve sending la'an upon ^_^ Good Idea, lets not use names and curse them all together, hitting 2 birds with one stone.

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

You still haven't told us your madhab because I am not familiar with a single madhab that does not allow you to curse people by name.

• Advanced Member

You still haven't told us your madhab because I am not familiar with a single madhab that does not allow you to curse people by name.

Brother when I said my madhab I meant my religious approach of understanding or preference in that regard.

When I said: "My madhab doesn't allow me..." I actually meant "My approach of understanding doesn't suggest/prefer me to make it an amal to curse people specifically by name." (This is out of precaution as it is niether wajib/wardh/mustahib).

There is a difference of opinion among scholars in this regard.

I think the following question/answer from islamqa.info may be the substantial source to elabore on this:

What is the ruling on cursing (and not just insulting) the Jews and Christians or other groups, whether living or dead? May Allaah reward you with good.

Praise be to Allaah.

The author of Lisaan al-‘Arab [a famous Arabic-language dictionary – Translator] said: La’n (curse) means being cast out far from goodness, and it was said that it means being cast away far from Allaah, and from people. 

Cursing happens in two ways: 

Cursing the kuffaar and sin in general terms, such as saying “May Allaah curse the Jews and Christians,” or “May Allaah curse the kaafirs, evildoers and wrongdoers,” or “May Allaah curse the wine-drinker and thief.” This kind of curse is permissible and there is nothing wrong with it. Ibn Muflih said in al-Adaab al-Shar’iyyah, 1/203: “It is permissible to curse the kuffaar in general.” 

The second is where the curse is applied to a specific person, whether he is a kaafir or an evildoer, such as saying, “May Allaah curse So and so,” mentioning him by name. This may fall into one of two categories: 

1 – Where there is a text which states that he is cursed, such as Iblees, or where there is a text which states that he died as a kaafir, such as Pharaoh, Abu Lahab and Abu Jahl. Cursing such persons is permitted. 

Ibn Muflih said in al-Adaab al-Shar’iyyah, 1/214: “It is permissible to curse those concerning whom there is a text stating that they are cursed, but there is no sin involved if one does not do this.” 

2 – Cursing a particular kaafir or evildoer concerning whom there is no text stating that they are cursed – such as wine-drinkers, those who offer sacrifices to anything other than Allaah, the one who curses his parents, those who introduce innovations in religion, and so on. 

“The scholars differed as to whether it is permissible to curse these people, and there are three points of view:

(i)     That it is not permissible under any circumstances (I follow this approach)

(ii)    That it is permissible in the case of a kaafir but not of a (Muslim) evildoer

(iii)   That it is permissible in all cases.” 

Al-Adaab al_Shar’iyyah by Ibn Muflih, 1/303 

Those who say that it is not permissible quoted a number of texts as evidence, including the following: 

1 – The report narrated by al-Bukhaari (4070) from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar, that he heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), when he raised his head from rukoo’ in the final rak’ah of Fajr prayer and said: “O Allaah, curse So and so, and So and so, and So and so,” after he had said, “Sami’a Allaahu li man hamdih, Rabbana wa laka’l-hamd.” Then Allaah revealed the words (interpretation of the meaning): 

“Not for you (O Muhammad, but for Allaah) is the decision; whether He turns in mercy to (pardons) them or punishes them; verily, they are the Zaalimoon (polytheists, disobedients and wrongdoers)”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:128] 

2 – The report narrated by al-Bukhaari (6780) from ‘Umar, that there was a man at the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) whose name was ‘Abd-Allaah, but his nickname was Himaar (donkey), and he used to make the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) laugh. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had had him flogged for drinking, then he was brought one day and he commanded that he be flogged, and a man who was there said, “O Allaah, curse him, how often he is brought [for this reason]!” But the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not curse him, for by Allaah what I a know about him is that he loves Allaah and His Messenger.” 

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 6/511. 

It is permissible to curse all those whom Allaah and His Messenger have cursed, but as for cursing specific people, if it is known that the person died in kufr, then it is permissible to curse him. But with regard to a specific [Muslim] evildoer, we should not curse him, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade cursing ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Himaar who used to drink wine, even though he had cursed the wine-drinkers in general; however cursing a specific person if he is an evildoer or promoter of bid’ah is a point of dispute among the scholars. 

And Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said in al-Qawl al-Mufeed, 1/226. 

The difference between cursing a specific person and cursing those who commit sin in general is that the former (cursing a specific person) is not allowed, and the latter (cursing the people who commit sin in general) is allowed. So if you see an innovator, you do not say, ‘May Allaah curse you,’ rather say, ‘May the curse of Allaah be upon those who introduce innovations,’ in general terms. The evidence for that is the fact that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed some people among the mushrikeen and followers of jaahiliyyah and said: “O Allaah, curse So and so, and So and so, and So and so,” he was told not to do that when Allaah said (interpretation of the meaning): 

“Not for you (O Muhammad, but for Allaah) is the decision; whether He turns in mercy to (pardons) them or punishes them; verily, they are the Zaalimoon (polytheists, disobedients and wrongdoers)”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:128] 

This was narrated by al-Bukhaari. 

And Allaah knows best.

• Advanced Member

I can't find any commandment by Allah & his Rasool (saw) to make it a special "AMAL" to curse Abu Jehal SPECIFICALLY except by quoting Allah's statement in Qur'an where HE HIMSELF curses anyone SPECIFICALLY!

I told you instead of discussing and specifically pointing out personalities we could make generalization asking Allah: "O Allah curse the killers of Husayn (as)" ...

There are certain Sunni Scholars who have not only permitted but have made it a preferrance to curse Yazid, which I personally differ with. I will not be asked on the day of judgment about Yazid, or what approach I have for him. Yes I love Imam Husayn (as) from the bottom of my heart, and I consider his love to be compulsory for Muslims based on authentic ahaadith found for his noble dignity.

Moreover, my instance of taking my MAZHAB doesn't refer to any kind of Shia/Sunni History, but Qur'an and narrated ahaadith.

Why don't you think you will be asked about your stance on Yazeed.... we are not talking about anyone here we are talking about someone who killed a member of the progeny of the Holy Prophet (S) ....someone in whose veins flowed the blood of the nabi (S)..... anyone who thinks Yazeed was anything but a fasiq and evil person is sorely mistaken... Loving the Imams (AS) means hating their enemies

lanat on Yazeed the killer of Imam Hussain (AS) . and Lanat on ISIS  and Nusra and Lanat on all the takfiri groups who follow the sunnah of Yazeed (la).. how can you not curse such a person ... who would dare to even raise a sword against the Prophet's grandson...

The Majority of Scholars Including Imam al-Ghazali hold the view that this is impermissible.

http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/sunyazid.htm

They were and are wrong ... plain and simple..

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Cursing is different than Swearing At

Cursing is WAJIB as Abdul Qaim says.

Quran 3:86-87

كَيْفَ يَهْدِى ٱللَّهُ قَوْمًۭا كَفَرُوا۟ بَعْدَ إِيمَٰنِهِمْ وَشَهِدُوٓا۟ أَنَّ ٱلرَّسُولَ حَقٌّۭ وَجَآءَهُمُ ٱلْبَيِّنَٰتُ ۚ وَٱللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِى ٱلْقَوْمَ ٱلظَّٰلِمِينَ
أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ جَزَآؤُهُمْ أَنَّ عَلَيْهِمْ لَعْنَةَ ٱللَّهِ وَٱلْمَلَٰٓئِكَةِ وَٱلنَّاسِ أَجْمَعِينَ

While Swearing at someone even at the satan (LA) is NOT ALLOWED by Allah swt

Quran 6:108

وَلَا تَسُبُّوا۟ ٱلَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ ٱللَّهِ فَيَسُبُّوا۟ ٱللَّهَ عَدْوًۢا بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍۢ ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ زَيَّنَّا لِكُلِّ أُمَّةٍ عَمَلَهُمْ ثُمَّ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِم مَّرْجِعُهُمْ فَيُنَبِّئُهُم بِمَا كَانُوا۟ يَعْمَلُونَ

God >

Curse upon someone is the EXACT opposite of Salaat upon someone.

See

http://heliwave.com/Soul.and.Spirit.pdf

God >

• Advanced Member

Cursing is different than Swearing At

Cursing is WAJIB as Abdul Qaim says.

Quran 3:86-87

كَيْفَ يَهْدِى ٱللَّهُ قَوْمًۭا كَفَرُوا۟ بَعْدَ إِيمَٰنِهِمْ وَشَهِدُوٓا۟ أَنَّ ٱلرَّسُولَ حَقٌّۭ وَجَآءَهُمُ ٱلْبَيِّنَٰتُ ۚ وَٱللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِى ٱلْقَوْمَ ٱلظَّٰلِمِينَ

أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ جَزَآؤُهُمْ أَنَّ عَلَيْهِمْ لَعْنَةَ ٱللَّهِ وَٱلْمَلَٰٓئِكَةِ وَٱلنَّاسِ أَجْمَعِينَ

While Swearing at someone even at the satan (LA) is NOT ALLOWED by Allah swt

Quran 6:108

وَلَا تَسُبُّوا۟ ٱلَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ ٱللَّهِ فَيَسُبُّوا۟ ٱللَّهَ عَدْوًۢا بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍۢ ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ زَيَّنَّا لِكُلِّ أُمَّةٍ عَمَلَهُمْ ثُمَّ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِم مَّرْجِعُهُمْ فَيُنَبِّئُهُم بِمَا كَانُوا۟ يَعْمَلُونَ

God >

Curse upon someone is the EXACT opposite of Salaat upon someone.

See

http://heliwave.com/Soul.and.Spirit.pdf

God >

You're misunderstanding the Ayah - alot of scholars didn't interpret this as a Ayah which prohibits swearing/insulting itlaaqan.

This is an authentic hadeeth which shows the permissiblity of doing Sabb in some cases -

The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: “When you will find people of bid`ah (innovation) and doubt/suspicion after me, do baraa’ (disassociation) from them and increase in your insults (sabihim) to them, and oppose (them) and bring evidences against them so they may not become greedy in bringing fasaad (corruption) to Islam. You must warn people against them and do not learn their bid`ah (innovation). Allah will write for you hasanaat (good deeds) for this, and will raise you darajaat (levels) in the next life.’”

Source:

1. Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 2, ch. 159, pg. 375, hadeeth # 4

Grading:

1. Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is SaHeeH (Authentic)

à Mir’aat Al-`Uqool, vol. 11, pg. 77

Anyways, you'd be surprised when you know how much scholars actually allow doing Sabb is some cases, one of them being the giant al-Khoei رحمه الله

Edited by Revolving Ace
  • 2 weeks later...

As it was stated by allama Muqbil ibn Hadi (rahimahullah), Islamic scholars differed in regards to Yazid.

1) Group which claimed that he was pious. Nothing testifies this except disconnected report from Muhammad ibnul Hanafiyah in Bidaya wa Nihaya.

2) Group which called him kaafir. 

3) And group which thought he is faasiq. Like Imam Dhahabi. And this seems most correct view. 

Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani (rahimuhullah). In his book “al-Imta bil al-Arba’in al-Matbainatus Samah”, he said:

Loving and glorifying him (Yazid) is not done except by innovator who has void belief because he (Yazid) had such characteristics that his lover deserves to be faithless, because to love and hate just for the sake of God is a sign of faith.

Source: “al-Imta bil al-Arba’in al-Matbainatus Samah” p 96.

Wa Allahu Alam. 

• Veteran Member

As it was stated by allama Muqbil ibn Hadi (rahimahullah), Islamic scholars differed in regards to Yazid.

1) Group which claimed that he was pious. Nothing testifies this except disconnected report from Muhammad ibnul Hanafiyah in Bidaya wa Nihaya.

2) Group which called him kaafir. 

3) And group which thought he is faasiq. Like Imam Dhahabi. And this seems most correct view. 

Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani (rahimuhullah). In his book “al-Imta bil al-Arba’in al-Matbainatus Samah”, he said:

Loving and glorifying him (Yazid) is not done except by innovator who has void belief because he (Yazid) had such characteristics that his lover deserves to be faithless, because to love and hate just for the sake of God is a sign of faith.

Source: “al-Imta bil al-Arba’in al-Matbainatus Samah” p 96.

Wa Allahu Alam. 

After all these years are you still undecided about Yazid(la)