Sign in to follow this  
DoubleAgent4

Arabic Grammar Videos

Anyone know of any youtube videos that teach Arabic grammar? I found one by AlMadinahStudents and it was great! Short yet concise. The structure of the lessons were perfect. Unfortunately they haven't made any more videos :(

I know of another man who teaches Arabic but according to my friend he tends to waffle on. Plus the videos are far too long which'll make me lose concentration. As I'm already studying Arabic, I just need a video that will help consolidate my learning, any help will be appreciated :)

Edited by DoubleAgent4

http://alfollowers.w...arabic-archive/

also check the Tahrir academy if you can understand the egyptian accent

Oh wow now I know where my Morphology lecturer gets the English translations from lol

I prefer a video which explains the grammar rules in English and Arabic, thanks for the links though.

I'm doing one of those online courses you pay for, so I haven't gone through every video on this channel, but I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for on it.

http://www.youtube.c...eature=g-user-c

I really like the videos the videos they have been uploading for the last year or two (on the white board) you can pick up some quite useful tips.

This channel is not bad either, though it is a bit advanced for my level right now, as it deals with balagha (ilmu'l ma'ani & ilmu'l badi') but if you look at the play lists, there is one called 'arabic gems' i recommend you watch the videos, though they are not what you are looking for, the man's enthusiasm is infectious.

I really like this one

What i recommend you do, is go to this link, they will ask you if you want access to the arabic acceleration report + video (the report is basically a transcript) - to be honest, he goes pretty fast, and its hard to understand, but you can watch it several times, but if you can get to the level where you understand what he is saying, it will vastly improve your level (well, I don't know what level you're on, but assuming you are a begginer)

http://www.learnarabiconline.com/

If you like his teaching style, pm me, i'll down load the transcripts from the site, and email them to you, insha Allah, they are pretty good.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

^

Thanks so much for the videos and the link. The white board method of teaching is more beneficial for me. I've been studying Quranic Arabic for 2 months or so I'm still a beginner. I have no problem with learning vocab as loads of the words are similar to Farsi, plus I can speak colloquial Arabic.

Though I still get confused with what's the difference between sarf and nahw :wacko:

Edited by DoubleAgent4

^

Thanks so much for the videos and the link. The white board method of teaching is more beneficial for me. I've been studying Quranic Arabic for 2 months or so I'm still a beginner. I have no problem with learning vocab as loads of the words are similar to Farsi, plus I can speak colloquial Arabic.

Though I still get confused with what's the difference between sarf and nahw :wacko:

No problem, by the sounds of it, it shouldn't take you long to pick it up insha Allah, I've been studying for just over a year, and only now am I starting to make (fairly) rapid progress, though i'm still not very good.

What has actually helped is i recently found a 'pen pal' who I write to, and they sends back the corrected version, and I see where I went wrong, and it has really helped. Brother ImamALiLover recommened that I go on one of those sites where you talk to people online, but I never did in the end, it isn't really my thing, but having seen how beneficial writing is, due to having to think in the language, if you like using skype etc, you should give it a go.

nahw = grammar, deals with making sentences.

sarf = the changes that affect words, conjugating verbs etc

May Allah (swt) make it easy for you, insha Allah

(salam)

^

Yeah that's a good method of learning, but it's just not for me. I do think I'm partially lazy when it comes to actually going over my notes because as I'm solely focussing on Arabic this year it gets too much at times. Inshallah this summer I'll get help from my dad, he knows classical Arabic.