Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Goswami

Wearing black

Rate this topic

Aslamoalaikum to all brothers and sisters.i hope every one would be fine with the grace of Allah Almighty.today i had a discussion with a salafi. he asked why you wear black clothes during prayer and and ashoora. i asked him is there any harm in wearing black, on this he provided me these narrations:

1) æÞÇá ÃãíÑ ÇáãÄãäíä Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ÝíãÇ Úáã ÃÕÍÇÈå: " áÇ ÊáÈÓæÇ ÇáÓæÇÏ ÝÅäå áÈÇÓ ÝÑÚæä ".

http://www.al-shia.c...aqih-1/a41.html

Amirulmuminin said: "Don't wear black clothes, that is the dress of Pharaoh"

(see "Man la yahduruhul fakih" by shayh Saduk vol 1, p 251)

Also see "Tuhaful ugul" p 105

æáÇ ÊáÈÓæÇ ÇáÓæÇÏ ÝÅäå áÈÇÓ ÝÑÚæä

http://www.al-shia.c...f_oqul/a18.html

And "Musnadu shia fi ahkamul sharia" vol 4, p 374.

http://u-of-islam.ne...nad/04/a374.htm

Masail ahkam va haram vol 2, p 361

http://u-of-islam.ne...iem/02/a361.htm

2) æÓÆá ÇáÕÇÏÞ Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã " Úä ÇáÕáÇÉ Ýí ÇáÞáäÓæÉ ÇáÓæÏÇÁ¿ ÝÞÇá: áÇ ÊÕá ÝíåÇ ÝÅäåÇ áÈÇÓ Ãåá ÇáäÇÑ

http://www.al-shia.c...aqih-1/a41.html

As Sadik was asked about pray in the black clothes, he said: "Don't pray in it, that is dress of people of fire"

(see "Man la yahduruhul fakih" by shayh Saduk vol 1, p 251)

"Musnadu shia fi ahkamul sharia" vol 4, p 374.

http://u-of-islam.ne...nad/04/a374.htm

moreover he also sent me a scan page in this regard,,,,,

now guys please tell me about your opinions in this matter. it is really strange!!!

thanking you in advance.

post-97451-0-23142800-1353433431_thumb.j

(Wearing Black is makrooh in normal days,)

then why the most knowledgeable and skilled shias like ayatollah khameini and ayatollah sistani wear black even in normal days

(Yes it will be regarded so. And our ulema wear only turban, and cloak in black color, which is Sunnah, not their clothes are black.)

right

can you cite a refrence that wearing black cloak is sunnah? from sunni source ?

can anyone give me a reason as to why wearing a black top and blue jeans is makruh ?

do you mean full black ?

i want an explanation as to the logical reasoning lol...

so black coats are makruh - why ?

black shoes - why ?

black gloves - why ?

Edited by Logical Islam

but even black shoes are makrooh from as far as i rmbr

black clothes are makrooh during prayer/namaz offering, even as per sistani

according to sistani, yu're ok if yu wear them on normal days and its not makrooh according to him- from the latest lectures that ive attended, ive learbned this so if anyone contests, thn if he has a valid reference or source, he may be right :/

hwoever, alot of clerics do blv and state that its makrooh to be worn on normal days

Edited by lost00

(Yes it will be regarded so. And our ulema wear only turban, and cloak in black color, which is Sunnah, not their clothes are black.)

right

Brother right now i don't remember the ref, but ask him to confirm it from any sunni alim, that Prophet,(saww) used to wear black cloak.

but even black shoes are makrooh from as far as i rmbr

black clothes are makrooh during prayer/namaz offering, even as per sistani

according to sistani, yu're ok if yu wear them on normal days and its not makrooh according to him- from the latest lectures that ive attended, ive learbned this so if anyone contests, thn if he has a valid reference or source, he may be right :/

hwoever, alot of clerics do blv and state that its makrooh to be worn on normal days

That'all good and fair , but what does wearing black clothes have to do with our purpose of life ?

why exactly does it matter ?

as in why is it makruh anyway

i love wearing black.

even suits are usualy black

(Brother right now i don't remember the ref, but ask him to confirm it from any sunni alim, that Prophet,(saww) used to wear black cloak.) ok sister i will ask from him then will post his reply here

(according to sistani, yu're ok if yu wear them on normal days and its not makrooh according to him- from the latest lectures that ive attended) then brother @lost what about the narrations i have cited at the start of thread

(so if an atheists ask my why in my religion it is not adviseable to wear black while praying

what on earth do i tell him apart from

it isn't because...it isn't ?) your question is very good. i wonder if someone would answer it or not.

right

Why are you asking for a Sunni source? Are you Sunni?

This is the source, and I am sorry, I only provide Shi`i sources:

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/salat/clothing-in-salat/chapter-19

The aHadith say "karahah", not that it is Haram.

Salam Alaikum

Wearing black is showing the mourning for Imam Hussain as / sad colour.. You know if you shot down the ligh it becomes more "you know"..

If you take yellow on it will show smiling/good day, a light colour, but black is more "you know".

Wasalaam

i don't think it's unreasonable to ask why it's makruh or harram to do a certain act?

i am only asking for an explanation.

i don't blindly follow sister.

We have submitted to our Lord. Without questioning or suspicion we abide by His law. Are those who are guided by their Lord like those who submits to their desires and follow many false promises?

You should not put every frog and stone in your mouth due to curiosity. This is the path of the ignorant. Nevertheless, the Quran focuses on the quality and not quantity. Therefore, the prophet speak to their people according to their intellect. Whilst this is a great feat it requires a genius to do. Unfortunately, it made the Quran and prophet tradition seem simple without a subtle [i.e. deeper] meaning. However, as the flow of time passes and new question arises. Our Imams answer their question with according to the peoples intellect, which is continuously raising. The answer seem more complex and people gain a greater understanding. Accordingly, whilst a matter might seem simple, such as ablution, it has a more intense reality that cannot be comprehended except by a perfect intellect. Most surely, a perfect intellect cannot be achieved by satisfying ones desires and curiosity. Rather it is a journey that requires much effort, prayer, and patience.

Do not make a matter seem simple because even though a star, that might seem like a bulb in the heavens, is far away it is much more intense in size and construction.

Anyway, there is a simple reason for the reprehension for black. It is bad for the eye sight, intensifies sorrow, and depression. Certainty, there are more reason known by Allah, His prophets and messengers, and the progeny of our prophet (pbuh).

A few have mentioned the prophet's favorite color. It is true, the prophet (pbuh) used to wear a black dress [according to Sunni narration] however it has a few colorful strings. It was not entirely black.

(bismillah)

Sayyid Sadiq Rohani [ha] in his fiqh al-Sadiq discusses this issue. He says that there is no proof that in today's era wearing black is makrooh as the hadith about this issue relate black being from the special signs of Bani Abbas.

Where did this opinion come from? Well, if you open up the chapter in Wasa'il about this, everything in there is weak aside from the ahadith regarding Bani Abbas, AFAIK.

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

(Why are you asking for a Sunni source? Are you Sunni?)

brother i am not a sunni and i will never ever be a sunni. i am shia and i am proud of being shia. i was asking for a refrence from sunni source because i am having a discussion with a salafi in this regard . so if i want to reply him back in an affective way then definitely i have to cite refrence from siha sitta which is their authentic collection of hadith in this way he wont be able to deny.

أَخْبَرَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا الْفَضْلُ بْنُ دُكَيْنٍ، عَنْ شَرِيكٍ، عَنْ عَمَّارٍ الدُّهْنِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِي الزُّبَيْرِ، عَنْ جَابِرٍ، قَالَ دَخَلَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَوْمَ الْفَتْحِ وَعَلَيْهِ عِمَامَةٌ سَوْدَاءُ ‏.‏

It was narrated that Jabir said: "The Prophet (saw) entered (Makkah) on the Day of the Conquest wearing a black turban."

Narration is Saheeh 'Authentic'

Source: Sunan an-Nasa'i, H. # 5345

وَحَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، وَالْحَسَنُ الْحُلْوَانِيُّ، قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو أُسَامَةَ، عَنْ مُسَاوِرٍ الْوَرَّاقِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي وَفِي، رِوَايَةِ الْحُلْوَانِيِّ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ جَعْفَرَ بْنَ عَمْرِو بْنِ حُرَيْثٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ كَأَنِّي أَنْظُرُ إِلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَلَى الْمِنْبَرِ وَعَلَيْهِ عِمَامَةٌ سَوْدَاءُ قَدْ أَرْخَى طَرَفَيْهَا بَيْنَ كَتِفَيْهِ ‏.‏ وَلَمْ يَقُلْ أَبُو بَكْرٍ عَلَى الْمِنْبَرِ

Ja'far b. 'Amr b. Huraith reported his father as saying: As if I am seeing Allah's Messenger (saw) on the pulpit with a black turban on his head, and its two ends hanging between his shoulders. Aboo Bakr (another narrator) did not make mention of:" Upon the pulpit"

Source: Saheeh Muslim, Book 16, Hadeeth # 3378

(bismillah)

Sayyid Sadiq Rohani [ha] in his fiqh al-Sadiq discusses this issue. He says that there is no proof that in today's era wearing black is makrooh as the hadith about this issue relate black being from the special signs of Bani Abbas.

Where did this opinion come from? Well, if you open up the chapter in Wasa'il about this, everything in there is weak aside from the ahadith regarding Bani Abbas, AFAIK.

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

But in order to determine if something is makruh (or mustahab), I thought the grading didn't matter in usooli methodology? There are ahadith which say black is the colour of the inhabitants of Hell, as well as Firawn. That clearly doesn't relate to Bani Abbas.

Edited by Haydar Husayn

(bismillah)

But in order to determine if something is makruh (or mustahab), I thought the grading didn't matter in usooli methodology? There are ahadith which say black is the colour of the inhabitants of Hell, as well as Firawn. That clearly doesn't relate to Bani Abbas.

How that asl is applied is not the same across the board. It may that Sayyid Ruhani [ha] does not apply it to karahaat and only musthabbaat (as the hadith about this indicate things about reward and most apparently means recommended things). Allahu a`lam.

في امان الله

Black is merely a mourning colour. There are many narrations where Imam Hasan al-Askr (as) wears black from the start of Muharram to Arba'een. These references are weak and the books are unknown with a fabricated chain of narrators.

Allah Knows Best.

I haven't found a single hadith yet where any of our Imams have asked the Shias to wear black while mourning for Imam Hussain. Neither is there any thawab/merit in it. On the other hand there are several hadith in all of our canonical collections (kutu-e-araba) where black clothes have been unconditionally categorized as those of the enemies, firaun and people of hell. Please refer to the following article for references: 

https://ahlulbaytmission.org/2018/07/19/wearing-black-clothes-in-Muharram/

Guest Pschological Warfare

@shuaybi

Quote"

Wearing black for mourning not makruh: Wearing black is not makruh when worn to participate in gatherings of mourning for the Ahlul-Bayt. It has been narrated from Imam Sajjad’s son that: “When my grandfather, Imam Hussein, was martyred, the women of Bani Hashem would wear black in their mourning gatherings and would continue wearing black in cold and hot weather.”.[7]

Even when normal people pass away, it is very common amongst religious and even non-religious people to wear black.

Wearing black is a means of remembering the Ahlul-Bayt and honoring them which is clearly encouraged by Islam. In this regard, they have said: “رحم الله من احيا امرنا[8] “May Allah have mercy on the those who uphold our cause.”

Without doubt, when all people, young and old, men and women wear black during the months of Muharram and Safar it reminds everyone of the difficulties and calamities that befell Imam Hussein. The truth of the matter is that Islam has been protected and revived by these two months.

Historians say that after the incident of Karbala, the first group to wear black were the women of the Prophet’s family who did so for a complete year. They mourned to the extent that Imam Sajjad would provide them with food. Throughout history, wearing black in these gatherings has been customary amongst the Shias and the lovers of the Ahlul-Bayt.

Great scholars that would wear black for this purpose would deeply respect and protect their black clothing and would will that the clothing be buried with them as a means of Tabarruk.[9]

Therefore, not only wearing black in these gatherings and especially in Muharram and Safar is not makruh, but rather has great reward, because it is a means of showing sympathy and love for the Ahlul-Bayt. Taking what was said into consideration, making general claims that wearing black is makruh in Islam, is clearly wrong and misguiding.[10] [11]

Unquote

https://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa2415

Edited by Hameedeh
tag

On 9/3/2019 at 8:33 PM, Guest Pschological Warfare said:

herefore, not only wearing black in these gatherings and especially in Muharram and Safar is not makruh, but rather has great reward, because it is a means of showing sympathy and love for the Ahlul-Bayt. Taking what was said into consideration, making general claims that wearing black is makruh in Islam, is clearly wrong and misguiding.

they see Shias like as this but costume of Pharaohs were mostly mix of black & gold (yellow) that considers not to wear costumes like as Pharaoh's people but wearing simple black is sign of mourning but as always wahabists are  censoring a part of narrations to prove their idea.

نتیجه تصویری برای ‪black Adam‬‏

image.jpeg image.jpeg Ù†ØªÛŒØ¬Ù‡ تصویری برای ‪Pharaoh‬‏

نتیجه تصویری برای ‪black Adam‬‏