Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Im A New Shia, I Need Some Help.

Rate this topic

cascaders

• Basic Members

Assalammualaikum brothers and sisters.. I really dont know where else to post this, so im doing it here in general discussion, but if it needs to be moved, then yeah just go ahead and move it.

so basically let me just share a few things about myself. Ive always been a shia, just not an educated one. Im surrounded by alot of sunnis that has expressed negative views ono shia's.. i just cant stand this. And when we talked about the tradegy that took place in karbala and the martry of imam hussain (a.s) , they said that this was a good thing, because of some stupid reason they gave ( i just didnt remember it, because the minute they said it was a good thing, i just stopped listening, and started cursing them in my mind)

Im born into pakistani family but i dont speak urdu at all, because my parents sent me to a boarding school at a very young age in the u.k and i guess i just never picked up the language when i returned home.. and because of this, everytime during our maljs( during muharram) i never really was able to understand all the poems and story that was being read by my uncles and cousins.. because the majlis is conducted in urdu..

I guess this is my fault because i never cared about anything when i was young... until now, i decided that it is my responsibily to be educated about my religion and faith, and so i really need to understand everything.

so my question is, can someone help me out here?, ive been searching on internets but i just dont know if what im reading is the truth or not.. maybe some sunnis wrote it, and i just dont wanna get into that.

is there any website where i can go, that will explain to me everything about being a shia, and the the story of karbala

and the differences between sunnis and shia and basically, everything im supposed to know. ( i know its a lot, and thats good, cause i love reading about this, makes me feel complete.. so now everytime i shed tears in my majlis, i will actually know 100% of it.. instead of just 10% ) and when i do my matam, i can really get into it, because i want to...

and i guess since there is also some divisions inside of shia, let me just say that im the shia that believes in all 12 imams.

thanks for reading, and i hope to be active in this forum and make some new friends here. and if theres any other questions, just ask me, i know i wrote brieftly about myself, its cause i just dont wanna take up anymore of your time..

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Assalammualaikum brothers and sisters.. I really dont know where else to post this, so im doing it here in general discussion, but if it needs to be moved, then yeah just go ahead and move it.

so basically let me just share a few things about myself. Ive always been a shia, just not an educated one. Im surrounded by alot of sunnis that has expressed negative views ono shia's.. i just cant stand this. And when we talked about the tradegy that took place in karbala and the martry of imam hussain (a.s) , they said that this was a good thing, because of some stupid reason they gave ( i just didnt remember it, because the minute they said it was a good thing, i just stopped listening, and started cursing them in my mind)

Im born into pakistani family but i dont speak urdu at all, because my parents sent me to a boarding school at a very young age in the u.k and i guess i just never picked up the language when i returned home.. and because of this, everytime during our maljs( during muharram) i never really was able to understand all the poems and story that was being read by my uncles and cousins.. because the majlis is conducted in urdu..

I guess this is my fault because i never cared about anything when i was young... until now, i decided that it is my responsibily to be educated about my religion and faith, and so i really need to understand everything.

so my question is, can someone help me out here?, ive been searching on internets but i just dont know if what im reading is the truth or not.. maybe some sunnis wrote it, and i just dont wanna get into that.

is there any website where i can go, that will explain to me everything about being a shia, and the the story of karbala

and the differences between sunnis and shia and basically, everything im supposed to know. ( i know its a lot, and thats good, cause i love reading about this, makes me feel complete.. so now everytime i shed tears in my majlis, i will actually know 100% of it.. instead of just 10% ) and when i do my matam, i can really get into it, because i want to...

and i guess since there is also some divisions inside of shia, let me just say that im the shia that believes in all 12 imams.

thanks for reading, and i hope to be active in this forum and make some new friends here. and if theres any other questions, just ask me, i know i wrote brieftly about myself, its cause i just dont wanna take up anymore of your time..

Masha'Allah, brother, at the fact that you have started to take your deen seriously. There is a Hadith which says that when God wants to do a favour on one of His servants, He puts the understanding of His religion, and the love of Hussein (as) in his heart. (It was just a rough translation, and not the verbatim Hadith.) And, Masha'Allah, the case for you is both!

Well, the best site for Shia resources is www.al-islam.org. There, you'll find books, in English, on nearly all the subjects that you could think of: the event of Karbala; Islamic history; the differences between Shias and Sunnis; Tafaseer of the Quran; Books of Hadith; and various lectures.

Also, since you don't understand Urdu, I would suggest listening to some English lectures. If you are still in the U.K., you can go the Majalis of Sayed Mahdi al-Modarresi, Sayed Ammar Nakshwani, Brother Ali Najaf, Sheikh Mohammad al-Hilli and others.

If you live elsewhere, their lectures are readily available on the internet (just do a Google search). I would also suggest listening to Brother Hassanain Rajabali, Brother Jaffar Ladak, Brother Khalil Jaffer, Sheikh Usama Abdul Ghani, Dr. Murtadha Alidina, and Sheikh Hamza Sodagar.

Some of their lectures can be found here:

http://www.shiasource.com/drive/self/lectures/

You may also find it beneficial to watch Ahlulbayt TV.

• Basic Members

Your story brings tears to my eyes, thank you for sharing.

• Basic Members

(bismillah)

(salam)

Masha'Allah, brother, at the fact that you have started to take your deen seriously. There is a Hadith which says that when God wants to do a favour on one of His servants, He puts the understanding of His religion, and the love of Hussein (as) in his heart. (It was just a rough translation, and not the verbatim Hadith.) And, Masha'Allah, the case for you is both!

Well, the best site for Shia resources is www.al-islam.org. There, you'll find books, in English, on nearly all the subjects that you could think of: the event of Karbala; Islamic history; the differences between Shias and Sunnis; Tafaseer of the Quran; Books of Hadith; and various lectures.

Also, since you don't understand Urdu, I would suggest listening to some English lectures. If you are still in the U.K., you can go the Majalis of Sayed Mahdi al-Modarresi, Sayed Ammar Nakshwani, Brother Ali Najaf, Sheikh Mohammad al-Hilli and others.

If you live elsewhere, their lectures are readily available on the internet (just do a Google search). I would also suggest listening to Brother Hassanain Rajabali, Brother Jaffar Ladak, Brother Khalil Jaffer, Sheikh Usama Abdul Ghani, Dr. Murtadha Alidina, and Sheikh Hamza Sodagar.

http://www.shiasourc.../self/lectures/

thank you so much for the reply, So i guess this is where i start, thanks again!.... its just my responsibility and i have to do this, its a must for me now.

• Basic Members

Salaam brother, check out my links for the most amazing islamic english lectures on earth....also check out my other links in the signature

lectures on youtube: Hassanain Rajabali, Ammar Nakshawani, Sayed Modarrasi

thank you so much brother! Yeah i definitely will!, cant wait..

• Basic Members

Your story brings tears to my eyes, thank you for sharing.

hey thanks man, im just so glad to have found this forum, its a great place to learn and exchange idea, and now i just feel so much more relieved knowing theres alot of other people too that is shia... we have our forum allhamdullillah.

thanks for being here brother!

• Basic Members

(bismillah)

(salam)

http://www.shiasourc.../self/lectures/

I am a new Shia as well, this is really helpful. (I'm also new to the website and kinda lost :( ) I watch Ahlulbayt TV, great channel. I'll check out some of those lectures.....

• Basic Members

With his name the most high, ensha'Allah try to read Quran and every time your read Quran make a two rukat salat and gift it to one of the holly one of the cloak and Allah will open your heart. Then you shall see that whole Quran is small picture of Rasullulah sawa, as all the stories that are explained in Quran are to portray the mercy to universe and his noble family.

• Veteran Member

Please everyone please check out my links and make sure to keep researching about shia Islam. Times are tough now, you will be asked questions about your religion and Alhamdulilah the way of Ahlulbayt is the most logical path. If you need any answering of questions post a thread and ill help. Wa salaam and welcome to the true path and Sunnah of the prophet.

• Advanced Member

i started by listening to lectures in english, here is a link to most of the videos by Ammar Nakshawani like some replies mentioned: http://www.sayedammar.com/sayedammarnakshc.html

(salam)

Welcome to (true) Islam. This form is a good start also there are many good sites such as the ones mentioned my most favorite one is al-islam.org also many other websites.

Also I would LOVE to get little article published on my Shia Blog (faithfuls.org) on what made you to become Shia. Or even a youtube video anything.

Thanks

Salam

• Advanced Member

As-salamun-alaykum,

May Allah bless (subhana wa ta'la ) bless you for the efforts you have made towards arriving at true Islam. Visit http://www.shiatv.net/

I would recommend you to listen to the following English lectures on this website:

Shaykh Hamza Sodagar

Shaykh Abbas Aeyleya

Shaykh Baig

Shaykh Hyder Shirazi

Shaykh Shamshad Haider

Shaykh Sekaleshfar

I hope that helped:)