Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Logical Islam

Looks Matter, So Why Did God Make Ugly Peole?

Rate this topic

Please read this before you post:

> I admit, women and men are as ruthless as each other when it comes to looks. It's a misconception women go for personality. Looks are needed before a girl will even consider your personality.

> I know Allah swt is fair and just. Lets not repeat this please.

> I am not labelling ALL women, just most.

> It is obvious and scientifically proven we prefer attractive people. Attractiveness while subjective has limits! you roughly know if someone is or is not.

Now to my post:

> read the threads where women REJECT men if they are not tall, do not have broad shoulders, or a medium or muscular build.

THESE WOMEN ARE NOT SHALLOW! it is INNATE in women to want this.

> Women want a nice face ect.

My problem is this:

> it is not fair for God to create some with, some without, allowing some to really get married, some to be rejected so many times by women or men ect.

> if you ADMIT to me yes the system is not currently fair i have no qualms with you.

I know Allah swt is just! please don't repeat this.

I am looking for honest answers here.

LADIES : i know men are the same, but would you marry or consider a guy who proposed to you, or perhaps you met at uni WHO WAS NOT physically attractive to you? i.e would you slowly play him down before he can even show you his personality?

thanks

also, what if he is not tall, medium build , broad shoulders, jaw, blue eyes ect (a lot of women prefer blue eyes to brown. i have had an ocd and have asked hundreds, researched this thoroughly. if you doubt me, do it yourself)

Brother don't get so worked up, you have not found the right person yet. She will come eventually. People who reject you based on looks are shallow. Trust me without personality looks are meaningless. Looks fade away but personality perseveres.

Everything fades, but for a good 30 years it's still there. Your kids also look like you, so looks do matter. It's scientifically proven we are innately attracted to partners we like the look off.

I want an honest reply rather than a sugar coated one.

'without personality look are meaningless'

why does everyone say this ? why do you assume that you can't have both? here is the real formulae

No looks = girls won't even CONSIDER your personality

Looks = your personality now will be considered

saying it like it is sis

Its not about looks its about intimacy, I have very good looking friends who can't find a girl. And I've seen very ugly people with attractive girls.

Intimacy = communication, because when you know someone at a deep level, the connection becomes much stronger and looks won't stand a chance in destroying this connection... You know love is blind.

If you don't have the looks, play on your other characteristics (which are in the end much more important than looks). A girl notices a guy with dreams, aspirations and a will to get there with hard work. Also hygine and clothing could have a huuuge impact!

Also, not everyone is the same, there are people who fall in love with brains, they have an affinity for smarts (anisophomor... whatever the term was). But you're lucky you're a muslim because I'm 100% sure that there are girls attracted to the level of piety in a man!

PS: Gotta say it but Allah is just! Maybe that attractive girl you marry gives you a disabled child... And what about that disabled child, he'll never get to marry anyone... so it all comes to the basic argument Allah IS JUST, Allah WANTS THE BEST FOR YOU AND YOU SHOULD TRUST HIM AND Allah IS WITH THE PATIENT!

No one has this answer........stop trolling at this time of year (I have, you can too)

It is a desire in men and women to improve their gene pool......the appearance of their mate plays into this factor

best post so far. brutally honest. It is unfair.

i don't buy the whole "Allah wants the best for you".

This life is a test. He will throw things that you perhaps INDIRECTLY to test you. we all have different tests, he will somehow grade us and only he knows how.

there is no looking our for anyone or whats best. the jews died at the hands of the nazis, stalin brutally murdered many, many children have cancer. don't for one minute tell me it's best lol.

like the Quran says, the life of this world is just a game, the next life is the more enduring one

Edited by Logical Islam

Sometimes being an evil person can cause someone to have lanat on their face, they may have been normal looking as a youngster. Take this mufti as an example. Dont blame Allah (swt) for how people can look.

aziz.jpg

in all my life on shia chat i have never heard such nonsense from a poster. i had to contain my anger at your post, or i would have actually got banned from these forums.

why do you insult someones looks ? they have no bearing on who they are.

you dislike wahhabi's but you're actions are ones Imam Hussain a.s. would not ascribe himself to mate.

i am rarely angered on here, i respect views, but damn bro. you deserve to be called out.

Sorry but that mufti has insulted Ahlulbayt so he is fair game - the point that I was trying to make that extreme evil can distort one's looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO_gQ_heqO8

Btw im a sister not a brother.

dude. your evil actions can NOT distort your looks, it is ALL genetics.

that's what disturbed me. you have people with actual disabilities, or God just made them ugly - like me for example-.

total nonsense, and those who liked your post need to come here and defend themselves.

e

edit: want some pics of some 'hot' wahabbis? women can't help themselves can they

Edited by Logical Islam

that's what disturbed me. you have people with actual disabilities, or God just made them ugly - like me for example-.

total nonsense, and those who liked your post need to come here and defend themselves.

e

edit: want some pics of some 'hot' wahabbis? women can't help themselves can they

Bro seriously you got to work on your self worth.

I bet you are a very good looking brother. You must have the noor of eiman on your face which is the biggest beauty of all. You are just devaluing yourself a lot.

Thank Allah that he has given you a face and also eiman in your heart. Your repeated ranting here on how ugly you are is like complaining of Allah to the rest fo us mortals, which is a sin in itself.

Cheer up and be grateful of what you have.

wassalam.

e

For goodness sakes - I am talking about the mufti not you! Stop taking everything so personally.

Oh and no thanks on the wahabi pictures :sick:

You question Ahlebait, (as), Karbala, and Shia Aqaid, but can't stand criticism to this 'guy'.Is someone in doubt about your real beliefs? Why would you insult our sister, we too never had such a non sense on Shiachat(other than sonador) like you.

Allah swt will judge i guess. my posts , threads, are open for all to see.

i beleive i am aksing a legitimate question here, can we keep the zanjeer debate on one thread please sister.

Logical the best thing for you to do is become a doctor or lawyer.........when you graduate the proposals will start pouring in even if you look like elephant man. Aren't you only about 19 anyway?

No one has this answer........stop trolling at this time of year (I have, you can too)

^^^^yes I realized :D

I don't know if you folks have realised but the OP is trolling us en masse, and he's been doing it for quite some time.

Most people are not really ugly. Many just don't know how to take care of his/her self. Often a slight change in wardrobe, a better skin care regimen, and some self confidence can work wonders.

nose, eyes, scars, skin issues that can't be resolved, bone structure

+ genetic disorders too

trolling ? that word gets thrown around too easily on the internet. explain to my how my thread shows any semblance to trolling? i am making a thread on an issue which truly effects me and many others.

Imam Hussain a.s. showed patience, so i will too.

^^^I said most people......

and BTW I know a guy that has a scar on his face from a bad car accident...and he's still handsome

bone structure ect.

the fact we need to use the words handsome and ugly shows there is inequality in looks

anyone who disagrees is living in a cave.

Everyone has some beauty withen them if its not physical apperence then their personality is nice. Looks are what you see first and its what attracts you to someone but sometimes the sweet isnit as nice as it looks.

I think major ugly people were created so we can thank god for what we have and not complain. But I dont know if you have noticed but some ugly people are so confident,they accepte themself for what they are. And you have beautiful people that are so insecure about their looks.

Why did beauty marry beast? Sometimes the person might not look good but onces you get to know them they become preetier in your eyes.

But looks do play a rule at first, but what really matters is what you see in the person after.

That image yoda sent is ugly, so you should thank god that you dont look like that.

Please read this before you post:

> I admit, women and men are as ruthless as each other when it comes to looks. It's a misconception women go for personality. Looks are needed before a girl will even consider your personality.

> I know Allah swt is fair and just. Lets not repeat this please.

> I am not labelling ALL women, just most.

> It is obvious and scientifically proven we prefer attractive people. Attractiveness while subjective has limits! you roughly know if someone is or is not.

Now to my post:

> read the threads where women REJECT men if they are not tall, do not have broad shoulders, or a medium or muscular build.

THESE WOMEN ARE NOT SHALLOW! it is INNATE in women to want this.

> Women want a nice face ect.

My problem is this:

> it is not fair for God to create some with, some without, allowing some to really get married, some to be rejected so many times by women or men ect.

> if you ADMIT to me yes the system is not currently fair i have no qualms with you.

I know Allah swt is just! please don't repeat this.

I am looking for honest answers here.

LADIES : i know men are the same, but would you marry or consider a guy who proposed to you, or perhaps you met at uni WHO WAS NOT physically attractive to you? i.e would you slowly play him down before he can even show you his personality?

thanks

also, what if he is not tall, medium build , broad shoulders, jaw, blue eyes ect (a lot of women prefer blue eyes to brown. i have had an ocd and have asked hundreds, researched this thoroughly. if you doubt me, do it yourself)

I completely disagree with you. Ive had two crushes in the past two years, and they were both on reallllly religious sunni guys in my community, one at my uni and one at my high school last yr ( i live in a sunni community) and they honestly werent the best looking guys but i really would love to marry one of them hehe...iA...

Yes looks matter but not as much as you think... If you meet girls who put looks first, they you know FOR SURE they arent mominas so dont even bother with them brother

and tbh i dont care about eye color... Im one of those people who wont realize your eye color until like a few weeks of speaking to you lol

ok , then marry me sis.

let me show you a pic of me and lets get married?

the answer will be no

it's unfair, i just want to know hadith about this tbh

hmm maybe you just need to work a bit on yourself esteem? Girls love confidence (not cockiness tho, dont get them confused)

49.12. O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, for some suspicion is a grave sin (liable to God's punishment); and do not spy (on one another), nor backbite (against one another). Would any of you love to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would abhor it! Keep from disobedience to God in reverence for Him and piety. Surely God is One Who truly returns repentance with liberal forgiveness and additional reward, All-Compassionate (particularly towards His believing servants).

His writing style and ability to swing, turn and twist the argument betrays his wit, which he then unsuccessfully tries to cover up by playing dumb and dumber.

His constant whingeing could have been excused if we really was such a dimwit as he pretends to be.

Ahlulbayt resurrected..........it's only a matter of time before macisaac pounces. I'm surprised he lasted this long.