Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Pakistan Muharram 2012 - Death Toll

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Please refrain from turning this thread into yet another you-know-what.

22/11/12 - 7th Muharram

Bomb disposal squads (BDS) defused two bombs in Peshawar and one in Karachi on Thursday, foiling possible terrorist attack in these cities, DawnNews reported.

BDS personnel defused a remote-controlled bomb planted near an Imambargah in the Qasba Colony area of Peerabad (Karachi).

Earlier in Peshawar, two bombs were found planted near Gulbahar-Nishtarabad flyover in city’s Gulbahar area. The bombs were planted to target police personnel, according to security sources.

....officials said that one of the bombs was defused whereas the other bomb was detonated using a robot, adding that both the bombs weighed three kilograms each. LINK

Peshawar: Police on Tuesday successfully foiled a suicide attack in Peshawar when alleged suicide bomber and his accomplice were arrested from Surban area of Bara road while travelling on a motor bike.

The bomb disposal unit successfully removed the suicide jacket from the vest of one of the two suspects before they were moved to un-identified location.

Police said a boy was wearing the jacket whose age was between 12-15.

“The jacket consist of 8 KG explosive inlcuding nut bolts and ball bearings” said AIG bomb disposal unit Shafqat Malik. LINK

• Advanced Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

LAKKI MARWAT: Two security officer were injured when a suicide bomber, riding a rickshaw, blew himself up near a Muharram gathering in Lakki Marwat, Express Newsreported on Friday.

Police and rescue officials have reached the area.

According to initial details, the bomber blew himself up when police tried to stop him from moving forward.

Police tried to stop the rickshaw near a check post where they exchanged fire and the bomber detonated itself.

Following the blast, the security was beefed up in the area.

^^ indian haters

Loll truth hurts to you people and I understand that you people can't bear the the improving condition of Pakistan

Quoting me criticsm like rape, Muslims ,dalits etc I havent open any of this links yet I don't wanna fuel your heart more SSP is already doing yours and ours too don't provoke us we have alot to say it's time to be unite let's not fight among each other and sorry if anyone has read my my harsh words before editing.

Edited by Hot hot

INDIA IS THE WORST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

New Dehli is the "RAPE CAPITAL" of the world

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/7598688-delhi-rape-capital-of-the-world-hails-one-more-minor-as-victim

Situation of Muslims in india are worst than dalits

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/situation-of-muslims-worst-than-dalits-reservation-needed-azam-khan/987088/

9700 muslim women raped and 92000 muslims killed by Indian army in Kashmir

http://hrkashmir.blogspot.com/2007/09/rape-of-kashmiri-women-and-south-asia.html

then lets not forget gujurat massacres of 2001 and mumbai protests of 92 where 2000-3000 muslims were killed in each of those incidents

NOW, No I don't believe India is the worst country in the world. I said what I said above to prove a point, I took a few bad points about India and made it look like that the whole country is like that and then said a hurtful statement like "India is the worst country in the world" which would obviously hurt your pride with some point (everyone has that pride for their homeland)

Pakistan has 36 million shias out of a population of 180 million, we make up 20% of the population. Most of us enjoy happy lives free from racists and wahabis, all of our tv channels dedicate programs to muharram and ashura (YES ALL) and almost all business shut down to honor Ashura.

Then we have these few filthy wahabi types who cause trouble in SOME parts of pakistan and cause murder and chaos. A number of shias are murdered every year by these animals (usually a few hundred) out of a population of 36 million WHICH IS UNACCEPTABLE AND IS TOTALLY CONDEMNABLE, but same thing as in india where a few hundred muslims are killed and oppressed (like in the links I showed) but again out of a huge population who enjoy a happy life.

There was NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU ASKING "Why Pak shias dont fight these ppl etc", the problem was with your degratory statement of Pak being the worst country in the world (which admit, was fueled by your nationlistic pride as was evident in the last 2 lines of your reply even though I didnt even say pak was better than india but in the last two lines of your reply you insisted your country's superiority). And again as evident from this reply I have nieither said which country is worse or better than the other. Learn to speak with Akhlaq next time

You learn to understand the point of my post.

On the very first of my post I haven't wrote anything about India

My ques was why don't you fight back?

You quoted me and said stop putting your national hatred everywhere

You learn how to talk everytimw when an Indian is speaking against Pakistan is not because nation enmity but there may be other resoans too

^^^ Ignore the Indian people. Just pray for our brothers & sisters.

Sis even Indians pray for you.

• Advanced Member

You learn to understand the point of my post.

On the very first of my post I haven't wrote anything about India

My ques was why don't you fight back?

LIKE I SAID, nothing wrong with you asking that quesiton, completley ok and valid AND GOOD QUESTION to ask

You quoted me and said stop putting your national hatred everywhere

YES, Go back and see again WHEN I QUOTED YOU I HIGHLIGHTED in bold, the part that said "Pakistan is the worst country in the world", and you know damn well my issue is with that statement alone and not with your criticism of why pak ppl dont fight back. and I just reminded you how it would feel if I said the same degratory remark about India. IN EACH OF MY POSTS I reiterated that I never said which country was better or worse

You learn how to talk everytimw when an Indian is speaking against Pakistan is not because nation enmity but there may be other resoans too

Never do I have a problem with anyone speaking and criticizing pak or pak ppl (like your original question), my issue is about slanderous and degratory statements like the one i highlighted in bold

Edited by Kirmani

LIKE I SAID, nothing wrong with you asking that quesiton, completley ok and valid AND GOOD QUESTION to ask

YES, Go back and see again WHEN I QUOTED YOU I HIGHLIGHTED in bold, the part that said "Pakistan is the worst country in the world", and you know damn well my issue is with that statement alone and not with your criticism of why pak ppl dont fight back. and I just reminded you how it would feel if I said the same degratory remark about India. IN EACH OF MY POSTS I reiterated that I never said which country was better or worse

Never do I have a problem with anyone speaking and criticizing pak or pak ppl (like your original question), my issue is about slanderous and degratory statements like the one i highlighted in bold

Chuck so what's your point why don't you people fight back?

You make 20 % of the aggregate Pak population so why don't all take a step.

• Advanced Member

Chuck so what's your point why don't you people fight back?

You make 20 % of the aggregate Pak population so why don't all take a step.

Ok GOOD question with no bad slander, thankyou for that. This is the way I would like you to ask when criticizing or pointing out what's wrong

I know with 20% of the population (36 million people in all) we are huge here, if we'd all connect and get off our lazy backs we could do and accomplish a lot. If we can get "Shias" to be presidents and prime ministers and leaders of political parties like zardari and gilani (who unforutnately are only "shias" by name, they are the worst and most corrupt of people), then we can just as easily get proper leaders into these parties or make other better parties

These bloody people in power are so corrupt and have absolutley no interest in the welfare of pakistan, they just want to loot the country and dont care about what outside forces (such as US and Saudi Arabia) are doing and causing damage within the country. Honestly they have the power to curtail all these bloody wahabi groups and send them to hell if they wanted to (most institutions and law enforcement have absolutley no sympathies or connections to wahabis), they are just too busy securing their seat and plundering wealth.

I'd say a real thing for all the shia youths in pakistan to do right now is get involved with politics as much as possible, a lot of them go into engineering or become doctors (cant tell you how many from our community go into medicine) which is a great thing but there should be as much interest as getting involved in political parties and activities otherwise we'll never have as much say in politics

Edited by Kirmani

Ok GOOD question with no bad slander, thankyou for that. This is the way I would like you to ask when criticizing or pointing out what's wrong

I know with 20% of the population (36 million people in all) we are huge here, if we'd all connect and get off our lazy backs we could do and accomplish a lot. If we can get "Shias" to be presidents and prime ministers and leaders of political parties like zardari and gilani (who unforutnately are only "shias" by name, they are the worst and most corrupt of people), then we can just as easily get proper leaders into these parties or make other better parties

These bloody people in power are so corrupt and have absolutley no interest in the welfare of pakistan, they just want to loot the country and dont care about what outside forces (such as US and Saudi Arabia) are doing and causing damage within the country. Honestly they have the power to curtail all these bloody wahabi groups and send them to hell if they wanted to (most institutions and law enforcement have absolutley no sympathies or connections to wahabis), they are just too busy securing their seat and plundering wealth.

I'd say a real thing for all the shia youths in pakistan to do right now is get involved with politics as much as possible, a lot of them go into engineering or become doctors (cant tell you how many from our community go into medicine) which is a great thing but there should be as much interest as getting involved in political parties and activities otherwise we'll never have as much say in politics

Thank you for such detail answer I understood your point I think your point will take a long term time

When our honest Shias will reach to that position by that time many of our brothers will be killed

It will take years and years and we will loose many of azadars much more damage to shiasm

Shia killing is an all year program in your country their favourite season is moharram

I wanna know why don't you people do the same thing they do it with you?

Everytime when we hear a blast news in or out of mosques it comes as a Shias mosques

Why we never hearthis things about wahabi masjids

Anyhow masjids should not be damage no matter whichever caste it belongs to but my point is why dont we hear a blast on wahabi gatherings?

What's the population of wahabis? On which side the Sunnis are? You tell me till when all this will come to an end Till when we will see a the increasing number of Shia orphans,widows ?

• Advanced Member

Thank you for such detail answer I understood your point I think your point will take a long term time

When our honest Shias will reach to that position by that time many of our brothers will be killed

It will take years and years and we will loose many of azadars much more damage to shiasm

Shia killing is an all year program in your country their favourite season is moharram

Everytime when we hear a blast news in or out of mosques it comes as a Shias mosques

Anyhow masjids should not be damage no matter whichever caste it belongs to but my point is why dont we hear a blast on wahabi gatherings?

What's the population of wahabis? On which side the Sunnis are? You tell me till when all this will come to an end Till when we will see a the increasing number of Shia orphans,widows ?

So revenge killing would be the right answer in your view?

• Advanced Member

Muawiya L.A had control of the water and denied it to Imam Ali A.S and his entire army at Siffin. When Imam Ali A.S's army regained control of the water Imam Ali A.S told his army to let Muwaiya's army drink from the water if they are thirsty. His men were amazed and asked him to why not deny that laanti muawiya water as he had done it to them, and Imam Ali A.S implied that they should set a better example

The reason as to why you done hear same things about the wahabi mosques should make you feel proud as it demonstrates clearly the superiority of the shias's character as how even though they are fully capable, they wont go blindly blowing up the wahabi mosques and killing women and children in the process.

they do attack the other minorites as well unfortunately, like when they blew up the ahmadi mosque couple yrs back. these wahabis are filled with nothing but hatred.

cant put an exact number but after the shias (who are about 36 million) the overwhelming majority of remaining population of pakistan (145 million) are NOT wahabis. wahabis i'd say constitue around 5-10%. the good majority of the sunnis are actually against the wahabis there. you can even find videos on youtube of regular sunnis protecting shias in the Quetta area from those wahabi [Edited Out]s that attacked the shia buses.

Believe it or not, before 1980 there was absolutley NO PROBLEM for any shia in pakistan. Not a single shia mosque was ever bombed etc and Shias and sunnis freely married into each other's famililes without any problem (not saying they should, just pointing out how there was absolutley no animosity or hatred between the two), it was not until when the saudi influenced Zia ul haq became president that he brought in these wahabi influenced ppl into pakistan to train ppl against the russians during the afghan war. Saudi Arabia made sure to dispel AS MUCH ANTI SHIA VENOM as possible into pakistan as they wanted an ally against Iran and wanted to make sure no shia-type influence or revolution could take place in pakistan.

All regular non-wahabi sunnis in pak condemn shia killings strongly. The main problem like i said before lies with the inept goverment that (although is not wahabi or anti shia) just doesnt care about the well-being of the country and just focusses on stealing. we will all see this come to an end inshAllah at the same time when muslims of all countries will wake up and rise against their corrupt puppet goverments

Get more of these type of people in goverments, i urge you to watch all of this video, look at this pakistani sunni MP using the example of Imam Hussein A.S. to condemn these wahabis/talibans in pak and comparing these talban wahabis types to that of Muawiya L.A

and Yazid L.A

Edited by Kirmani

Muawiya L.A had control of the water and denied it to Imam Ali A.S and his entire army at Siffin. When Imam Ali A.S's army regained control of the water Imam Ali A.S told his army to let Muwaiya's army drink from the water if they are thirsty. His men were amazed and asked him to why not deny that laanti muawiya water as he had done it to them, and Imam Ali A.S implied that they should set a better example

The reason as to why you done hear same things about the wahabi mosques should make you feel proud as it demonstrates clearly the superiority of the shias's character as how even though they are fully capable, they wont go blindly blowing up the wahabi mosques and killing women and children in the process.

they do attack the other minorites as well unfortunately, like when they blew up the ahmadi mosque couple yrs back. these wahabis are filled with nothing but hatred.

cant put an exact number but after the shias (who are about 36 million) the overwhelming majority of remaining population of pakistan (145 million) are NOT wahabis. wahabis i'd say constitue around 5-10%. the good majority of the sunnis are actually against the wahabis there. you can even find videos on youtube of regular sunnis protecting shias in the Quetta area from those wahabi [Edited Out]s that attacked the shia buses.

Believe it or not, before 1980 there was absolutley NO PROBLEM for any shia in pakistan. Not a single shia mosque was ever bombed etc and Shias and sunnis freely married into each other's famililes without any problem (not saying they should, just pointing out how there was absolutley no animosity or hatred between the two), it was not until when the saudi influenced Zia ul haq became president that he brought in these wahabi influenced ppl into pakistan to train ppl against the russians during the afghan war. Saudi Arabia made sure to dispel AS MUCH ANTI SHIA VENOM as possible into pakistan as they wanted an ally against Iran and wanted to make sure no shia-type influence or revolution could take place in pakistan.

All regular non-wahabi sunnis in pak condemn shia killings strongly. The main problem like i said before lies with the inept goverment that (although is not wahabi or anti shia) just doesnt care about the well-being of the country and just focusses on stealing. we will all see this come to an end inshAllah at the same time when muslims of all countries will wake up and rise against their corrupt puppet goverments

Get more of these type of people in goverments, i urge you to watch all of this video, look at this pakistani sunni MP using the example of Imam Hussein A.S. to condemn these wahabis/talibans in pak and comparing these talban wahabis types to that of Muawiya L.A

and Yazid L.A

According to you it's all about politics and corruption whatever the history is you said this all started from 1980 I believe you but it's 2012 now almost 32 years of massacre Allah knows how many Shias has been hunt in such a long period you are 20% they are 10% Sunnis are in majority as usual they are with you so what does you need more? Buddy you know there's no law and order no security no cops control etc they kill you why don't you kill them

Getting in politics takes a lot of time hat should be the immediate action to stop this target killing?

I was shocked when I saw a snap of bulk gunny bags covering the mimber where maualana was reciting majlis I have seen many videos of protest killing etc but what should be the immediate step?

• Veteran Member

shia-girl-muharram-afp.jpg?w=625

24/11/12 - 9th Muharram.

A bomb killed seven people Saturday near a Muharram procession in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Dera Ismail Khan district despite a security crackdown, the latest attack on Shias during the holy month.

Four boys were among the dead and 30 other people were injured when the remote-controlled bomb packed with ball bearings exploded on the outskirts of Dera Ismail Khan, police said.

Dera Ismail Khan lies near Pakistan’s semi-autonomous tribal belt, where Taliban and al Qaeda-linked militants are said to have carved out strongholds.

The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the blast on Saturday.

“We carried out the attack against the Shia community,” Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan told AFP by telephone from an undisclosed location after the explosion on the outskirts of Dera Ismail Khan.

He said the Taliban had dispatched more than 20 suicide bombers across the country for attacks against the minority community. LINK

On the other hand some terror suspects were arrested in Multan city:

Eight suspects have been arrested from the Mumtazabad and Cantt area of Multan – the areas where the biggest Muharram procession of south Punjab is passing through, reported Express News.

According to police, the suspects belong to Waziristan and have been shifted to an undisclosed location for investigation. LINK

• Forum Administrators

This is not a India/Pakistan comparison thread. I've deleted various posts on that theme.

If anyone thinks that their nemesis' posts have been kept while their own has been deleted, and that's so unfair, let that be a lesson for the next time you derail a thread.

AASHURA BLAST

Pakistani police officials inspect the site of a bomb explosion in the city of Dera

Ismail Khan in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province on November 25, 2012. A bomb

attack on a Shiite Muslim procession killed three people and wounded more

than 50 in northwest Pakistan on November 25 as Shiites marked their holiest

day Ashura, police said. — Photo by AFP DERA ISMAIL KHAN: A bomb detonated near a Muharram procession in

Commissionary Bazaar in Dera Ismail Khan’s Choglia area in

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province early on Sunday morning killing five people

and injuring at least 70 others, DawnNews reported. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Provincial Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain

while talking to Dawn.Com’s correspondent confirmed that five people were killed

and about 70 were injured in the Dera Ismail Khan blast. He further said that the injured also included women, children and security

personnel, adding “the bomb was planted inside a closed shop of cycle workshop

near a bakery in Commissonery Bazaar near Mohallah Qasaban.” Mian Iftikhar also said that security was beefed up after the 9th Muharram explosion in Dera Ismail Khan and the road, where the latest blast took place,

was also scanned properly but the perpetrators had planned the event in

advance. He, however said that those found responsible of negligence would be dealt with

according to the law. Answering a query about the nature of the blast he said that only the Bomb

Disposal Squad’s (BDS) report could ascertain the nature of the explosion and it

was yet to be received. Rescue and emergency teams reached the site of explosion and shifted the

injured to the District Headquarters hospital, where an emergency was imposed. The condition of several wounded was reported as critical, according to hospital

sources. The injured included security personnel and mourners taking part in the

procession. The remotely-detonated bomb was fitted near a closed shop and a cylinder was

recovered near the site of explosion, according to rescue sources. Media personnel were barred from visiting the site of explosion and security

personnel cordoned off the area as investigations into the blast went underway. Earlier, a blast on Saturday killed eight people near a Shia procession in the same city, for which the banned outfit Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) had claimed responsibility. Pakistan’s federal interior ministry had issued strict instructions for suspension of mobile phone service in major cities during Ashura to prevent such bombings, which often use cellphones as detonators.

Edited by Hot hot
  • Basic Members

This kind of evil really had an effect on me as a new muslim. I fell into this Salafi Takfiri mentality and I saw how my Shia brothers were being oppressed and made me seek more knowledge of Islam, because truely those who oppress are not upon the Haqq.... I pray for my brothers and sisters in Pakistan and all over the world!

• Veteran Member

AASHURA BLAST

Pakistani police officials inspect the site of a bomb explosion in the city of Dera

Ismail Khan in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province on November 25, 2012. A bomb

attack on a Shiite Muslim procession killed three people and wounded more

than 50 in northwest Pakistan on November 25 as Shiites marked their holiest

day Ashura

25/11/12 - 10th Muharram

According to latest info five people were killed in the blast quoted above. The same juloos was bombed a day before in which 7 people were martyred.

Among killed are two young Sunni kids, whose ages weren't even in double digits, went out to "see" the juloos and got bombed to pieces.

Dera Ismail Khan or D.I.Khan, where the blast took place, lies at the edge of the Talib stronghold tribal areas. It also borders tribal and lawless areas of Punjab and Balochistan which makes it a perfect urban centre for such kind of attacks.

Ashura elsewhere in Pakistan went without any more murder and mayhem despite intelligence reports of a massive Talib assault on the Shia, partly because of extra strict security arrangements this time.

Such mayhem in Karachi was averted as police, surprisingly, succeeded in uncovering the plot and raiding the premises. They were carrying around 3 tons of explosives which if blown in the procession could have resulted in hundreds of deaths. Read news below: T

KARACHI: Karachi Police claim to have thwarted a terror bid by recovering a large quantity of explosive material and arms in the city’s Manghopir area, DawnNews reported.

IG Sindh Fayaz Laghari told a press conference that during the raid a terrorist had also been killed and two suicide jackets had been recovered.

Laghari said that the terrorists were planning to join the Muharram procession as mourners and then would have carried out the attack in the middle of the crowd.

He said that the arrested terrorists were being investigated and preliminary investigations indicated that the group to which they belong may also have been responsible for the Abbas town bombing. LINK

Edited by Marbles
  • Veteran Member

25/11/12 - 10th Muharram

According to latest info five people were killed in the blast quoted above. The same juloos was bombed a day before in which 7 people were martyred.

Among killed are two young Sunni kids, whose ages weren't even in double digits, went out to "see" the juloos and got bombed to pieces.

Dera Ismail Khan or D.I.Khan, where the blast took place, lies at the edge of the Talib stronghold tribal areas. It also borders tribal and lawless areas of Punjab and Balochistan which makes it a perfect urban centre for such kind of attacks.

Ashura elsewhere in Pakistan went without any more murder and mayhem despite intelligence reports of a massive Talib assault on the Shia, partly because of extra strict security arrangements this time.

Such mayhem in Karachi was averted as police, surprisingly, succeeded in uncovering the plot and raiding the premises. They were carrying around 3 tons of explosives which if blown in the procession could have resulted in hundreds of deaths. Read news below: T

KPK

• Veteran Member

KPK

No.

D.I.Khan is in KP but it also borders Punjab and Balochistan. It is not as close to Balochistan border as it is to Punjab but close enough. Cars that are stolen from Central Punjab go to Zhob through either Dera Ghazi Khan (difficult route for thieves) or Dera Ismail Khan (which is easier to get through due to nonexistent state control)

I second the KeZ opinion. This year, shia ulema in Pakistan strongly directed all Shias to get out on 9th and 10th. This was to dispel the fear mongering by sick salafis. Amazingly Shias did go out even with known threats of thousands of terrorist influx in the major shia areas.

With this year azadari, pakistani Shias have won a major moral battle in the eyes of Sunnis and even some Wahabis by not retaliating a bit on the senseless murders. Some Wahabis even sounded criticizing the salafi human crackers. Pakistani Shias should continue this "power of mazloomiat" which will earn Shia Islam hundred and thousands of converts in Pakistan in coming decade insha Allah.

Media tried to control the damage done by salafis, media adopted the azadari of Karbala by giving so much press to barelvis Sunnis, saving Sunnis from yet again seriously doubting their faulty faith. This was I guess the only bad side of Media's turn coating. This is the same media which remains pro salafi and anti shia throughout the year, suddenly sounded so much Shia leaning.

Overall this year azadari in Pakistan was a major turning point in the future deep rooting of true Islam (Shia Islam) in the current messed up and nut job paki landscape. Again all credit goes to the wise shia leadership and brave shia men, women, and youth who displayed the peaceful Islam of Muhammad (pbuh) as oppose to the troublemaking version of Muawiah and Yazid.

• Advanced Member

The Majority of Pakistani Sunnis belong to the Barelvi ideology, and the basic ideology itself is Pro-Shia. Many of their practices are different from mainstream Sunnis. Barelvis believe in Auliya which is very similar to the Intercession we do. They also believe in Ziyarah.

Many of my Sunni friends here attended Ashura Majlis and the Sham e Gharibah majlis in their Masjids. They also had the 10 day Muharram Majlis.

Becuase of this, they are able to show solidarity and we have lots of common ground.

Sunnis in Arab countries are brainwashed into the 'Ibn Saba and gang' myths about us. The Pakistani Sunnis are definitely way more open-minded then their GCC Arab counterparts.

Edited by GreyMatter

Well said. You people positively explained what makes Pakistan..well Pakistan.

I sincerely hope our society remains as secular as possible, in politics and in matters of faith too.

This is not secular bro, this is being the "correctly Islamic" meaning generous, respectful, accepting of the other faiths but still being strong on your own faith.

Secular is Turkey, France and other stupid fascists who promote evil and satanicism at the expense of beautiful Christian, Islamic, and Jewish moral and family values. Forgot to mention India, if Indian majority does not do something about it, India is also getting into the hands of secular fascist in next couple of decades.

• Advanced Member

PAKISTANI ZINDABAD! SHIA SUNNIS LIVING IN PEACE SHARING RASMALAI ZINDABAD!

ZINDABAAD ZINDABAAD

But on a serious note, there is a whole Sunni population in Pakistan that reminisces about the days they'd watch matam, drink sharbat, and walk under Zuljanahs etc. PTV's Majlis-e-Shaam-e-Ghareeban is one of the biggest proofs of general coexistence. I was just watching one the other day from '86 by Naseer Ijtehadi where he talks about Shia Sunni bhai bhai waghaira.

Damn thread-hijacking kids

Edited by AkbarHassan