Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

72 Virgins In Heaven ?

Rate this topic

Moh Reza

• Basic Members

(bismillah)

First of all, I'd like to give my condolences to Imam of our time (aj) and our Sh'ittes around the world on this holy month of Muharram.

Where in the Muslim "faith" (or the Holy Quran) does the 72 virgins in heaven idea come from?

I have been questioned and insulted in school by Americans who tell me "Why don't you go land a plane on another building and become a "martyr" to get your 72 Virgins?"

They bring the source being WikiIslam.(Click here for the article)

I did my own research on this found this on many Sunni websites. I have found out that Al-Tirmidhi (Sunni Hadith Collector) has narrated this;

“The martyr (shaheed) has seven blessings from Allaah: he is forgiven from the moment his blood is first shed; he will be shown his place in Paradise; he will be spared the trial of the grave; and he will be secure on the Day of the Greatest Terror (the Day of Judgement); there will be placed on his head a crown of dignity, one ruby of which is better than this world and all that is in it; he will be married to seventy-two of al-hoor al-‘iyn; and he will be permitted to intercede for seventy of his relatives.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1663; Ibn Maajah, 2799; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi. Also narrated by al-Tirmidhi, who said it is a hasan hadeeth. Also narrated by Ibn Maajah in al-Sunan, by Ahmad, by ‘Abd al-Razzaaq in al-Musannaf, by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, and by Sa’eed ibn Mansoor in al-Sunan.

They also say that this is mentioned in Surah Fussilat (Ha Mim) ...

I highly disagree with this idea, however I haven't confirmed it with any sheikhs or anything about the Shia view of this idea yet.

Does anyone have any information on the Shia view of the this idea of 72 Virgins ?

What are your views on this ?

Edited by Moh Reza

no hadith was collected in presence of prophet Muhammed(s) for a reason....

Most hadith collectors had there own fantasies and they added up those things, saying it comes from prophet Muhammed(s), now only god knows how much truth is there in all this HADITHS.

• Basic Members

Salam Moh Reza,

Its just not the Hadith where this is mentioned. Quran says in 56:36:

56:36 Then We have made them virgins,

56:37 Loving, equals in age,

56:38 For the sake of the companions of the right hand.

Other places in Quran mentioning virgins are 56:22, 37:48, 55:56 and so on.

So the number of virgins (72) is a minor issue as compared to the fact that virgins will be rewarded. The hadith just confirm the number.

Virgins are a reward that Allah has declared for those who do good and it should not be an issue of concern. Whatever He promises us is by Him and His own will. Allah knows best.

• Advanced Member

Let's assume the hadith is right, what's the problem with '72 virgins' in an ETERNAL life? An average american has intercourse with more than 72 "virgins" in his lifetime. So tell them to shut up and look in the mirror first.

Indeed, We have produced the women of Paradise in a [new] creation

And made them virgins,

Devoted [to their husbands] and of equal age,

Those "virgins" are a new creation so their mindset is most likely different too. The term "Virgins" is used to describe their purity, not that we are sick-minded & w/e else the non-muslims associate us with..

I think that martyrs will get much more than 72.

I think so too, not that it matters.

• Basic Members

Salam

So many people here agree that virgins will be given as a reward, that's good.

But for those saying that "there is no hadith with that information": Once again, we can completely ignore any possibility that hadith might contain anything about "72 virgins". Qur'an itself mentions this reward for men, but doesnt specify the number:

Its just not the Hadith where this is mentioned. Quran says in 56:36:

56:36 Then We have made them virgins,

56:37 Loving, equals in age,

56:38 For the sake of the companions of the right hand.

So the issue that its "72" virgins, is a minor issue as compared to the fact that Quran mentions "virgins" will be rewarded.

Its a wahhbie idea, 72 vrigians more like 72 grapes....

It cannot be grapes. As the above Quranic verse says, grapes cannot be "loving, equal in age" and be "companions". Grapes are objects that can be eaten. They cant provide love and companionship. This is what the reward is for.

weak hadiths, and it makes no sense whatsoever.

Why 72, why not 56 or 98? This has no basis in Islam.

Essentially , you get almost anything you want in heaven according to the Quran. You can ask for buckbeak from harry potter, or a mountain that sings lady gaga.

But we are assuming the realm there is comparable to now

• Veteran Member

This is a Shia website, not a Sufi fantasy site.

You should know that this 72 garbage is shirk because the Qur'an reveals that those in jenna get one, specifically designed, individually designed companion. About the only thing these companions will have in common is "big, lusterous, brown eyes".

^ LOL

I don't think the descriptions in the Quran are meant to be exact exact. They were there to give a symbollic meaning of 'heaven'. We get whatever we like in Heaven.

If you want no 'hoor' if you want to just live your life on your own with mates, make your own world, your own footballing league, make an earth with justice and peace , you technically can right ?

not trolling. actually serious

the silk robes, honey, houris, none of it entices me. i want a life like on earth, only with no death