Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mommin

Why Has Divorce Increased In This Generation?

Rate this topic

You don't have to trust me....but you should at least have enough good taste to realize that you should keep your mouth shut just in case it is true. Seriously I'm really offended because I knew this wonderful lady and you go make fun of it. Serves me right for telling a slightly personal story on here.

I just doubt your story as a whole 'cause its coming from a stranger. The story maybe true, or may not be, I didn't specifically say anything negative about anyone in the story. If I offend you because I do not believe you, then go ahead and be offended.

I just doubt your story as a whole 'cause its coming from a stranger. The story maybe true, or may not be, I didn't specifically say anything negative about anyone in the story. If I offend you because I do not believe you, then go ahead and be offended.

Yeah because I told a story about faeries and unicorns right?

Whats the big deal, why are you obsessed with having me accept your story? Let it go.

I don't like being accused of telling lies.........I'm sure you don't either

I don't like being accused of telling lies.........I'm sure you don't either

If I post a story online, and someone didn't believe me, I would not care. Its up to them to believe it or not.

Edited by Aghachan

Seriously does anybody know of a couple who have divorced and after sometime they went back together?

It would be interesting to see the statistics for this, as I am sure some do go back together but obviously they have to be willing to improve as an individual and learn from their mistakes.

But it would be interesting to know if couples who have divorced have actually wanted to go back?

People sometimes do regret what they did...

Edited by Mommin

It still dramatic ! sometimes it can be worts than before because some come back together by habit , not find the other one expected ...this topic was interesting sometimes hardliner but revel some real problems for marriage today. I think it's sign of the akhir-e-zaman(las time before Faraj) A Bro tell me he read a hadith who said "in the end of times the Moumin don't find woman for marriage" ...

I dont know about getting back together, but my mother feels the most important reason behind the increase of divorce in this generation is due to accessibility. She says back in her days, they all had to work it out. And to be honest I see some very successful old marriages which have seen some very rocky starts.

I have detailed my dilemma in this thread, if anyone's interested.

westernization, so called freedom,justice,women's rights,

If its illegal to marry 2,3,4 under western based constitution then be ready for affairs, illicit relationships and so called magazine business he cheated,she cheated Omg . Especially when some governor uses state money to achieve solace lol

therefore divorce is the fashion of this era..oh shes my ex..oh hes my ex blah blah !

I have been married and divorced twice and I know exactly what my problem is. I was too open minded.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want to be a conservative Muslim, then you need to marry a conservative Muslim. If you want be like whatever, then end results of your marriage will be whatever.

Money is usually an issue but if someone is worth it an two sides are good sides, they will work it out. Anyway personal experiance.

With the you wife should be a virgin part, that's just preferred.

Marriages are pointless now. To me it just seems to be a way to satisfy someones sexual desires because it's lost it's essence, men and women only need each other for sexual needs since everything a man can do a woman can too, but it's not worth it anymore, I'm actually considering not marrying.

That assumes financial independence was the only reason to marry. The 'romantic' moments, the 'best friend', the intimacy, the combined financial power, children, the emotional support, the objective amazingness of sitting on a sofa with her and watching MOVIES.

Sad part is, you gotta have looks or she puts you down gently if she's nice and feeling kind.

westernization, so called freedom,justice,women's rights,

If its illegal to marry 2,3,4 under western based constitution then be ready for affairs, illicit relationships and so called magazine business he cheated,she cheated Omg . Especially when some governor uses state money to achieve solace lol

therefore divorce is the fashion of this era..oh shes my ex..oh hes my ex blah blah !

Well women can't marry 2,3,4, how will it stop them cheating? Why does a man need 2,3,4, wives anyway , unless he has a horses 'endurance'.

For me this sums it all up:

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Without knowing God, one does not know the meaning of Love.  Love... real love... is sacrifice.  Love... real love... is a thing that must be nurtured, a thing that grows with time, but only when it is nurtured and cared for properly.  People have grown too selfish.  People have thrown aside God, and Godly guidance.

People are seeking after selfish pleasures, rather than understanding their purpose in this life is in seeking God.  If one is not seeking God, then one is being led by another.

Edited by CLynn