Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Jiraffe

Lying About Burma

Rate this topic

Its one thing to ask for international help and for citizenship in the country you were born in.

Its another thing to start a serial lying campaign in order to attract sympathisers to your cause.

Many rohingya are lying and claiming that the rakhine buddhist mrauk-u state in arakan was a rohingya muslim state ruled by a rohingya. They are also claiming arakan was "indian land" for 1,000 years. This bull[Edited Out] was repeated by saudi and pakistani islamists, about mrauk-u being rohingya.

The rohingya ARE descendants of bengalis who moved into mrauk-u when it was independent and during british rule, when britian took over both bangladesh and burma. If people want to tell lies and claim rohingya are indigineous to arakan, where did the rakhine come from? The rakhine are not bamar.

The rakhine feel victimized by both the bamar rulers of burma, and rohingya, they claim that the rohingya are trying to take over arakan through a massive birthrate. It was their state that was invaded and conquered by burma in 1785. People are just listening to the rohingyas side of the story, and ignoring anything the rakhine say. Everything the rohingya are saying, like about mrauk u is unquestionable being accepted by the media.

The bamar are against the rohingya because they see them a mass of brown skinned people with a different culture and background.

There are bengalis in britain. If the british were to start stripping citizenship from british born bengalis, it is a human rights violation. But if these bengalis started claiming they were in britain for 1,000 years, that the british empire was ruled by bengali muslim kings, and that britain is part of the indian subcontinent, and english people are invaders, i would start losing my sympathy for them really fast.

Saudi arabia does not grant citizenship to non muslims, and has not granted citizenship to south asian migrant workers. For saudis to criticize burma is massive hypocrisy.

Burma and thailand both received massive amounts of both chinese muslims and non muslim chinese over the past 200 years, and both have mostly granted them citizenship. Chinese muslims are not seen as a racial threat, they don't have dark skin and are succesful merchants, which means they don't live in refugee camps or rely on NGOs which the rohingya do. Sincw the rohingya get help from ngos many rakhine fear they will be overrun by their birthrate

All of this is bull[Edited Out] - trying to defend the massacres of Rohingyas by the Rakhines. All of it bull[Edited Out] - it has no link with logic or reality. Mrauk U kings had Muslim names, used coins with the declaration "La Ilaha Il-Allah". To say that they were Buddhists pretending to be Muslims in a Buddhist majority country is a modern day Rakhine lie. There is no reason to pretend to be a Muslim in a Buddhist majority country.

At the same time the murderous Rakhine racist terrorists pretend to be victims of Bengali migrations - they themselves have migrated and settled in Muslim Bangladesh, where they enjoy full rights as citizens - and where they, among others, have waged a campaign of terror against Bengali villagers in trying to break away from Bangladesh to form their own country. If their Rakhine state homeland was so precious to them, they would not have migrated to the "kalar" homeland.

The truth is that Rakhines are just racist - they do not want to live with "dark skinned Bengalis" at any cost. Wherever they have found Bengalis they have killed them in terrorist campaigns. And when they have found themselves unable to kill them, due to the Bangladesh Army keeping law and order they've screamed oppression, kalars taking over "their" country, etc.

The OP is clearly biased but I encourage others to research the history and decide on the truth by themselves.

All of this is bull[Edited Out] - trying to defend the massacres of Rohingyas by the Rakhines. All of it bull[Edited Out] - it has no link with logic or reality. Mrauk U kings had Muslim names, used coins with the declaration "La Ilaha Il-Allah". To say that they were Buddhists pretending to be Muslims in a Buddhist majority country is a modern day Rakhine lie. There is no reason to pretend to be a Muslim in a Buddhist majority country.

At the same time the murderous Rakhine racist terrorists pretend to be victims of Bengali migrations - they themselves have migrated and settled in Muslim Bangladesh, where they enjoy full rights as citizens - and where they, among others, have waged a campaign of terror against Bengali villagers in trying to break away from Bangladesh to form their own country. If their Rakhine state homeland was so precious to them, they would not have migrated to the "kalar" homeland.

The truth is that Rakhines are just racist - they do not want to live with "dark skinned Bengalis" at any cost. Wherever they have found Bengalis they have killed them in terrorist campaigns. And when they have found themselves unable to kill them, due to the Bangladesh Army keeping law and order they've screamed oppression, kalars taking over "their" country, etc.

The OP is clearly biased but I encourage others to research the history and decide on the truth by themselves.

LOL, now you are claiming the having the shahadah on your coins make you a muslim.

This was the coin of king offa of mercia, and anglo saxon king in medieval britain. It clearly says "la ilaha ila Allah"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Offa_king_of_Mercia_757_793_gold_dinar_copy_of_dinar_of_the_Abassid_Caliphate_774.jpg

Now let the bull[Edited Out] flow about anglo saxon britain being a muslim state LOL.

http://books.google.com/books?id=xP1pK8kA-ekC&pg=PA57&dq=mrauk+u+buddhists&hl=en&sa=X&ei=USOfUI3SNIeB0AG-t4CYBw&ved=0CEEQ6AEwBjgK#v=onepage&q&f=false

In the fifteenth century Narameikhla, the Arakan king, regained his throne with help of the Ilyas Shahi sultan. He soon after started a mint at his capital Mrauk-U, with the help of Bengali mint experts. The result was the distinctive Arakanese coin with Buddhist symbols and the Buddhist name of the ruler in Arakanese script on the one side and with Arabic numerals and the Islamicised name of the ruler on the obverse.

Mrauk u was a buddhist arakanese kingdom-

http://books.google.com/books?id=M4t8S7BfgeIC&pg=PA1132&dq=mrauk+u+buddhists&hl=en&sa=X&ei=USOfUI3SNIeB0AG-t4CYBw&ved=0CDgQ6AEwAzgK#v=onepage&q=mrauk%20u%20buddhists&f=false

The buddhist kings at mrauk-u used Muslim titles. Their coinage was inscribed with the kalima, the Islamic declaration of faith.

http://books.google.com/books?id=QKgraWbb7yoC&pg=PA171&dq=mrauk+u+buddhists&hl=en&sa=X&ei=uyKfUKrCBfK30AG8lYCoDQ&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=mrauk%20u%20buddhists&f=false

The reason arakanese live in bangladesh in chittagong is because chittagong was part of mrauk u until conquered by the mughals

http://books.google.com/books?id=tcZoUGGw3ssC&pg=PA138&dq=mrauk+u+buddhists&hl=en&sa=X&ei=USOfUI3SNIeB0AG-t4CYBw&ved=0CEoQ6AEwCTgK#v=onepage&q=mrauk%20u%20buddhists&f=false

If the rohingya were well established in arakan, they would not need to be begging NGOs for aid. It is characteristic of people arriving in a new land in large migrations to be heavily reliant on aid.

By the way the laws the burmese passed at independence limited citizenship to peoples whose ancestors lived in burma before 1823, with the practical exception of chinese muslims and other chinese who were granted citizenship by the burmese kingdom.

King mindon allowed chinese muslims to settle and burma and have residence rights and alot of burmese like thant myint-u write sympatheticly of the chinese muslim settlement in burma, because they are not seen as being part of a foreign invasion force, the rohingya were identified by the rakhine as supporters of british rule and imperialism.

The rohingya were favored by the british and sided with britain against everyone ele.

Edited by Jiraffe

Jirrafe nothing justifies the mass killing of Rohingiyas. Dont try to justify the massacre.

Its like a very lame excuse to say "The rakhine feel victimized by both the bamar

rulers of burma, and rohingya, they claim that the rohingya are trying to take over

arakan through a massive birthrate" They have got high birhtrate so they should be exterminated coz of

the fear of rohingyas taking over Arakan., pathetic. If some other people rise and say the Rakhines took over their

country and they were the indigenous people before the Rakhines came and start to make disturbance, will that be

acceptable?

Jirrafe nothing justifies the mass killing of Rohingiyas. Dont try to justify the massacre.

Its like a very lame excuse to say "The rakhine feel victimized by both the bamar

rulers of burma, and rohingya, they claim that the rohingya are trying to take over

arakan through a massive birthrate" They have got high birhtrate so they should be exterminated coz of

the fear of rohingyas taking over Arakan., pathetic. If some other people rise and say the Rakhines took over their

country and they were the indigenous people before the Rakhines came and start to make disturbance, will that be

acceptable?

Except rakhine aren't illegally crossing borders into other countries and claiming that it was their land from the beginning of time and that they are natives of the area. There are rakhine in chittagong in bangladesh because that area used to be part of mrauk u, not because of illegal immigration. The rohingya got a high birthrate because they keep siphoning aid from NGOs so they can raise large families without working. Thats why the area of arakan near bangladesh is rohingya majority.

Less than 100 people have been killed because its mostly villagers attacking each other, most of the "victims" are the thousands of displaced people, both rohingya and rakhine.

By the way a earthquake just hit the mandalay region (most chinese muslims in burma are concentrated there), can't wait for the salafist [Edited Out]s to proclaim that Allah is punishing burma for the rohingya, when the chinese muslims and bamar in mandalay have nothing to do with arakan.

Edited by Jiraffe

Except rakhine aren't illegally crossing borders into other countries and claiming that it was their land from the beginning of time and that they are natives of the area. There are rakhine in chittagong in bangladesh because that area used to be part of mrauk u, not because of illegal immigration. The rohingya got a high birthrate because they keep siphoning aid from NGOs so they can raise large families without working. Thats why the area of arakan near bangladesh is rohingya majority.

Less than 100 people have been killed because its mostly villagers attacking each other, most of the "victims" are the thousands of displaced people, both rohingya and rakhine.

By the way a earthquake just hit the mandalay region (most chinese muslims in burma are concentrated there), can't wait for the salafist [Edited Out]s to proclaim that Allah is punishing burma for the rohingya, when the chinese muslims and bamar in mandalay have nothing to do with arakan.

What a crock. You should be ashamed of yourself, repeating the blatant propaganda that the Burmese authorities are flooding their news media with.

The Rohingya have likely lived in the western areas of Burma bordering Bangladesh for many centuries. The idea that they just recently crossed into Arakan state is BS. They have lived there FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS, yet there are still only 800,000 of them. The idea they are breeding like rabbits is laughable.

It is true that during WW2 the Rohingya supported the British whilst most Burmese buddhists bent over for the Japanese, but so what?

I am married to a Burmese Shi'i Muslimah, and I have been to Burma several times. What I can say without doubt is that the Burmese in general are racists and Islamophobes. The recent trouble in Arakan state has been used by the Burmese as an excuse to crack down hard on Muslims in general - not just the Rohingya.

Burma and thailand both received massive amounts of both chinese muslims and non muslim chinese over the past 200 years, and both have mostly granted them citizenship. Chinese muslims are not seen as a racial threat, they don't have dark skin and are succesful merchants, which means they don't live in refugee camps or rely on NGOs which the rohingya do. Sincw the rohingya get help from ngos many rakhine fear they will be overrun by their birthrate

You are a racist nutter. Guess what, I'm a lily-white European so using your logic, I must be superior to you because Bamar are pretty dark compared to me. Actually, Than Shwe was a dark bugger, and I've seen plenty of dark Bamar, so using one's skin colour as a yardstick for whether one is worthy of human rights in Burma is a rather dangerous game to be playing.

Additionally, ethnic Chinese have suffered their share of persecution, including thousands being displaced from their homes in the north near the Chinese border only a couple of years ago. I guess you've forgotten about the ethnic, anti-Chinese pogroms that occurred in the 1960s? My friend lived next door to a Chinese family in Yangon who were killed and whose house was looted during those riots.

Here's an article from a Burmese with more sense than you ...

A Jingoist Media Foments Violence in Burma’s Arakan State | The Irrawaddy Magazine

http://www.irrawaddy.../archives/17698

Edited by Abdul Qaim

What a crock. You should be ashamed of yourself, repeating the blatant propaganda that the Burmese authorities are flooding their news media with.

The Rohingya have likely lived in the western areas of Burma bordering Bangladesh for many centuries. The idea that they just recently crossed into Arakan state is BS. They have lived there FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS, yet there are still only 800,000 of them. The idea they are breeding like rabbits is laughable.

It is true that during WW2 the Rohingya supported the British whilst most Burmese buddhists bent over for the Japanese, but so what?

I am married to a Burmese Shi'i Muslimah, and I have been to Burma several times. What I can say without doubt is that the Burmese in general are racists and Islamophobes. The recent trouble in Arakan state has been used by the Burmese as an excuse to crack down hard on Muslims in general - not just the Rohingya.

This is what i said

The rohingya ARE descendants of bengalis who moved into mrauk-u when it was independent and during british rule, when britian took over both bangladesh and burma

Rohingya are claiming the kings of mrauk u were rohingya muslims, and that they were in arakan sincethe beginning of time. These are both lies. They try to deny that they were descendants of bengalis who moved into mrauk u 500 years ago and claim they were always native to the area. The rakhine king of mrauk u brought back bengalis after his stay in bangladesh. They ran the mint and thats why the shahada appeara on one side of their coins.

There are white spaniards living in mexico, where their ancestors moved hundreds of years ago, no one said they should leave. But if they start telling lies about being in mexico since the beginning of time, and that the aztecs and olmecs were spanish they should GTFO and go back to spain.

Edited by Jiraffe

You are a racist nutter. Guess what, I'm a lily-white European so using your logic, I must be superior to you because Bamar are pretty dark compared to me. Actually, Than Shwe was a dark bugger, and I've seen plenty of dark Bamar, so using one's skin colour as a yardstick for whether one is worthy of human rights in Burma is a rather dangerous game to be playing.

Additionally, ethnic Chinese have suffered their share of persecution, including thousands being displaced from their homes in the north near the Chinese border only a couple of years ago. I guess you've forgotten about the ethnic, anti-Chinese pogroms that occurred in the 1960s? My friend lived next door to a Chinese family in Yangon who were killed and whose house was looted during those riots.

Here's an article from a Burmese with more sense than you ...

A Jingoist Media Foments Violence in Burma’s Arakan State | The Irrawaddy Magazine

http://www.irrawaddy.../archives/17698

Why should minority ethnic groups be running private armies?

This is what i said

Rohingya are claiming the kings of mrauk u were rohingya muslims, and that they were in arakan sincethe beginning of time. These are both lies. They try to deny that they were descendants of bengalis who moved into mrauk u 500 years ago and claim they were always native to the area. The rakhine king of mrauk u brought back bengalis after his stay in bangladesh. They ran the mint and thats why the shahada appeara on one side of their coins.

There are white spaniards living in mexico, where their ancestors moved hundreds of years ago, no one said they should leave. But if they start telling lies about being in mexico since the beginning of time, and that the aztecs and olmecs were spanish they should GTFO and go back to spain.

You keep jibbering on about the Rohingya claims to west Arakan state, but that is a smoke-screen. The vast majority of Rohingya don't make any such claims. They just want the same rights and priviliges as other Burmese citizens. Just because there is a tiny, militant minority making ridiculous claims doesn't mean the vast majority should be persecuted.

Oh, but what ... I forgot - they're BROWN .

Why should minority ethnic groups be running private armies?

Just about every minority ethnic group in Myanamar has a private army. You can thank Bamar imperialism and discrimination for that ...

I am mad at this topic.@jiraffe@ u dont know burma's systematically crackdown about muslims in myanmar.

A. If there is a systematic crackdown on all muslims, how come you are still posting from your computer?

B. Everytime i go to the saudi or UAE funded gulf news or khaleejtimes, i find the same lies posted about mrauk u (not mentioned by that name but its obvious what they are referring to ) being a rohingya kingdom, and used as justification to claim that arakan is supposed to be an independent rohingya state.

i even saw them boasting about how in 1948 some rohingya set up mujahideen outfits to create an islamic state in arakan when burma became independent, and they kept claiming that arakan is the rohingya homeland and they are native there.

There is absolutely no mention of any of the history of the rakhines grievances such as some of the rakhine militant outfits who wanted an independent arakan from burma, the rakhine are just lumped together with the bamar as burmese.

Edited by Jiraffe

Ok, Jiraffe, we get your point. No need for your comments anymore. Some Rohingya said that Mrauk U was a Muslim kingdom, which is totally understandable, because Mrauk U kings had names like Sulaiman Shah, etc, called themselves Sultan and imprinted the Shahada on their coins.

And because some Rohingya said this then its OK to massacre them and kill all of them and rape their women and cut their children out of their mother's wombs, and burn down their houses.

Ok, we got your point. No need to blather on endlessly.