Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Christianlady

Husbands, Love Your Wives! :)

Rate this topic

Hello,

According to Christian teaching, husbands loving their wives is very important. Paul taught this, even though he himself was not married. What are your thoughts concerning this? Do you agree or disagree, and why? Thanks.

Ephesians 5 - Paul's letter to the Church in Ephesus.

Ephesians 5 NIV - Follow God

(I boldened some.)

"25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[Genesis 2:24] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

Colossians 3:19 (Paul's letter to the Church in Colossae)

Colossians 3 NIV - Living as Those Made Alive in Christ - Bible Gateway

"19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them."

Now, Peter doesn't say for husbands to love their wives, but he does say "all of you" to "love each other" later on in the passage...

1 Peter 3 (I boldened some.)

1 Peter 3 NIV - Wives, in the same way submit - Bible Gateway

"7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."

So, what do you think love is? Why is it so important, according to Paul especially, that husbands love their wives? Why is it that it is difficult for many husbands to love their wives or for her to feel like he truly loves her?

About being wives being the "weaker partner", I believe this means in physical strength. Now, I realize that not all husbands are physically stronger than their wives. However, it does seem to generally be the case that men are physically stronger in general than women. My husband is much stronger than me. When he pins me down, I can not move for the life of me! :) However, I love his strength. If he used his strength to hurt me, I would not like his strength at all though. (When he pins me down, it's not to hurt me. We like to play and this is one way we play... wrestling!!!)

To me, the love of my husband gives me strength. I "feed" off of his love and I love him back. It's very easy for me to love; it's a lot harder for me to respect, interestingly. However, Paul's letters include wives submitting and respecting to their husbands. My husband's love for me helps me to respect him. Do you think it's harder for some men to love? Is that why there is this mandate?

What Jesus says is paramount for me, as a Christian. Jesus makes it clear to love God (Matthew 22:37), one's neighbor (anyone around you) (Matthew 22:38-40), each other (John 15:9-13), and even one's enemies (Matthew 5:44-48; Luke 6:17-37). Now, husbands and wives should NOT be enemies!!! However, love is the central theme of Jesus' message.

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree, and why? Thanks.

Peace and God bless you

You should make another topic called --- "Wives, SHUT THE **** UP!" and I'll consider taking this topic seriously.

Hello the "exalted" one,

If you are married, then I feel so sorry for your wife. :(

Peace and God bless you and help any woman is married or will be married to you. :(

Hi christianlady,

Nice to meet you. I think you posted a great post. sounds good. IDENTICAL to the teachings of our holy Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) taught. :). It's mandatory. Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him and his family has said "the best of you are those who are kind to their wives". Same as Prophet Jesus peace be upon him and his mother, they taught the best of teachings as you have mentioned above. I think alot of marriages break when women try their utmost to show love to their husbands and they reject and devalue it (I'm not generalising men here). Women can also be at fault no doubt, but men (if you agree) have a sort of protective/authoritative role on their part. As for respect this is also a foundation for our religion, that women must obey their husband etc however, he must show her love, give her rights too. It's works both ways. Also noting that when women don't feel loved, they are likely to sin, or leave the marriage. It's so nice to share the similarities of our religions teachings. thanks for the enlightenment christianady :)

God bless you

Shia_warrior92

If anything, women need to be taught love towards men and not the other way around. Men have plenty for women, but I see a lack of it the other way around.

There are some women out there who do not show love indeed, there is alot of domestic violence against men. Unfortunately, it is under reported due to shame and many other reasons. However the perspective of women is being discussed here. Women can compromise anything, but there are many men out there who just throw their love back in their faces and devalue them. :)

Edited by shia_warrior92

Here are some Hadiths on that matter :)

Ü ÑÓæáõ Çááåö‏ö (Õóáóøíó Çááåõ Úóáóíåö æó Âáöåö): ãÇ ÒÇáó‏ ÌóÈÑóÆíáõ íõæÕöíäöí ÈÇáãÑÃÉö ÍÊøì ÙóäóäÊõ à äóøåõ áÇ íóäÈóÛöí ØóáÇÞõåÇ ÅáøÇ ãöä ÝÇÍöÔóÉò ãõÈóíöøäóÉò.

The Prophet ( (pbuh)) said, 'The archangel Gabriel continues to bring down so much advice with regard to the [treatment of the] woman that I think she must never be divorced unless she has committed adultery.’[bihar al-Anwar, v. 103, p. 253, no. 58]

ÑÓæáõ Çááåö (Õóáóøíó Çááåõ Úóáóíåö æó Âáöåö): ÍóÞõø ÇáãÑÃÉö Úáì ÒóæÌöåÇ Ãä íóÓõÏóø ÌóæÚóÊóåÇ¡ æÃä íóÓÊõÑó ÚóæÑóÊóåÇ ¡ æáÇ íõÞóÈöøÍó áóåÇ æóÌåÇ.

The Prophet (SAWA) said, 'The right of a woman on her husband is that he feeds her, clothes her, and does not cause her to lose face [by insulting her or chiding her].’[bihar al-Anwar, p. 254, no. 60]

And more importantly:

ÑÓæáõ Çááåö (Õóáóøíó Çááåõ Úóáóíåö æó Âáöåö): Þóæáõ ÇáÑóøÌõáö ááãÑÃÉö: «Åäøí ÇõÍöÈõøßö» áÇ íóÐåóÈõ ãöä ÞóáÈöåÇ ÃÈÏÇð.

The Prophet (SAWA) said, 'A man's telling his wife 'I love you' never leaves her heart.’[al-Kafi, v. 5, p. 569, no. 59]

idiotic post. christian lady you sound like the world's biggest problem is a husband's love to his wife. Billion in world are dying from hunger and the sweet sixteen sensitive housewife is more interested in fulfilling his half hour lust. I don't know why humans are becoming so mean. we all have one thing in our mind, i.e me,my,myself.

idiotic post. christian lady you sound like the world's biggest problem is a husband's love to his wife. Billion in world are dying from hunger and the sweet sixteen sensitive housewife is more interested in fulfilling his half hour lust. I don't know why humans are becoming so mean. we all have one thing in our mind, i.e me,my,myself.

Me, myself, and I.

Sorry bro.

Our world community starts with families. A husband who loves his wife will have a stronger family than one who doesnt. Strong families build strong communities. It is good advice for a man to love his wife and through her love in return feel secure and confident to make tough decisions and good choices for himself and his family. Solving world problems starts with respect and love in marriage.

Interestingly enough someone sent me a video just yesterday. Someone please interpret and tell me if the subtitles have anything to do with the topic.

This is a You Tube excerpt of what I now have.

Of course this is in respect to the concept it is an honour to beat your wife.

BDSM Muslim style. Betcha "The Exhalted One" is already there.

Of course there might be reasons...Proverbs 21:9

This is mentioned in the summation in Proverbs 25:24

I was told here by a few teens in the general topics forum that Muslim men (in general) have anger management problems.

Actually I just turned 22 yrs married to my best friend :)

Edited by Son of Placid

Interestingly enough someone sent me a video just yesterday. Someone please interpret and tell me if the subtitles have anything to do with the topic.

BDSM Muslim style. Betcha "The Exhalted One" is already there.

Of course there might be reasons...Proverbs 21:9

This is mentioned in the summation in Proverbs 25:24

I was told here by a few teens in the general topics forum that Muslim men (in general) have anger management problems

I'm sorry, but that video is made by an utter lowlife who has no knowledge of religion whatsoever. I hope this doesn't turn into

a religious debate because there is not a single narration that "encourages" wife beating. The narrations that Christianlady has put forward ARE exactly our teachings. Again, a generalisation, it is more CULTURAL men who have anger management problems the religion is just a name for their unfortunate souls.

Silvercrest, I'm sorry but firstly christianlady wasn't talking about herself or anything around those lines. Secondly, what you said is true, there are billions dying but has the source ever been considered?.. there are so many reasons and things like the above issue also play a part. The amount of people who have to leave home through broken families is the start of lifes problems and thirdly, if thats the case then all the other topics on shiachat should be deleted seeing as most of them have nothing to do with life problems, we have the sports forum, sunni/ shia debates etc and since they make up most of it, everyone might aswell just delete shiachat altogether then? I don't think she meant to be "inhumane" rather it's quite an important topic because marriage entails children, which entails population which entails fathers providing for their children. life includes people. You don't have to post here if you don't like it. Everyones entitled to create any discussion they want.

peace out

Edited by shia_warrior92

There is no honor in being hit, thats why hitting is reserved for unrepentant & corrupt wives.

Every muslim has known since Islam's inception it doesnt go to the extent of injuring and breaking the wife's bones. That's why there's the law of diyah (compensation) in islamic law where the husband has to pay a fine if he physically injures his wife (whether she deserves a hit or not).

You could have at least been convincing with your lie that you want interfaith dialogue by not posting the videos you go through daily (and claim a certain friend sent it to you...lol).

I think this is a beautiful verse:

“They (your wives) are a garment for you (enfolding you to protect you against illicit relations and beautifying you) and you are (in the same way, for the same reasons) a garment for them."

— Qur'an 2:187

A garment keeps you warm, protects you, beautifies you. I think God did a beautiful job of explaining it the way He did.

Verses lover I guess you deserve the name quranist instead of others.

Hi christianlady,

Nice to meet you. I think you posted a great post. sounds good. IDENTICAL to the teachings of our holy Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) taught. :).

Hello Shia Warrior,

Could you please point me to a reference in the Qur'an concerning husbands loving their wives? Thanks. :)

It's mandatory. Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him and his family has said "the best of you are those who are kind to their wives".

Where is that found please? I am so glad that he advocated husbands being kind to their wives!!! That is awesome and so important!

Same as Prophet Jesus peace be upon him and his mother, they taught the best of teachings as you have mentioned above.

Jesus taught people to love God and everybody. :)

Matthew 22 (Yeshua is Jesus.)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2022&version=CJB

"29 Yeshua answered them, “The reason you go astray is that you are ignorant both of the Tanakh and of the power of God. 30 For in the Resurrection, neither men nor women will marry; rather, they will be like angels in heaven. 31 And as for whether the dead are resurrected, haven’t you read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Avraham, the God of Yitz’chak and the God of Ya‘akov’?[b] He is God not of the dead but of the living!”

33 When the crowds heard how he taught, they were astounded; 34 but when the P’rushim learned that he had silenced the Tz’dukim, they got together, 35 and one of them who was a Torah expert asked a sh’eilah to trap him: 36 “Rabbi, which of the mitzvot in the Torah is the most important?” 37 He told him, “‘You are to love Adonai your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.’[c]38 This is the greatest and most important mitzvah. 39 And a second is similar to it, ‘You are to love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]40 All of the Torah and the Prophets are dependent on these two mitzvot.”

Matthew 5 (I boldened verse 44.)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%205&version=CJB

"43 “You have heard that our fathers were told, ‘Love your neighbor[i] — and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 Then you will become children of your Father in heaven. For he makes his sun shine on good and bad people alike, and he sends rain to the righteous and the unrighteous alike. 46 What reward do you get if you love only those who love you? Why, even tax-collectors do that! 47 And if you are friendly only to your friends, are you doing anything out of the ordinary? Even the Goyim do that! 48 Therefore, be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect."

Luke 6 (I boldened some.)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%206&version=CJB

"27 Nevertheless, to you who are listening, what I say is this:

“Love your enemies!

Do good to those who hate you,

28 bless those who curse you,

pray for those who mistreat you.

29 “If someone hits you on one cheek,

offer the other too;

if someone takes your coat,

let him have your shirt as well.

30 “If someone asks you for something,

give it to him;

if someone takes what belongs to you,

don’t demand it back.

31 “Treat other people as you would like them to treat you. 32 What credit is it to you if you love only those who love you? Why, even sinners love those who love them. 33 What credit is it to you if you do good only to those who do good to you? Even sinners do that. 34 What credit is it to you if you lend only to those who you expect will pay you back? Even sinners lend to each other, expecting to be repaid in full. 35But love your enemies, do good, and lend expecting nothing back! Your reward will be great, and you will be children of Ha‘Elyon; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked. 36 Show compassion, just as your Father shows compassion.

37 “Don’t judge,

and you won’t be judged.

Don’t condemn,

and you won’t be condemned.

“Forgive,

and you will be forgiven."

John 15

"9 Just as my Father has loved me, I too have loved you; so stay in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will stay in my love — just as I have kept my Father’s commands and stay in his love. 11 I have said this to you so that my joy may be in you, and your joy be complete.

12 This is my command: that you keep on loving each other just as I have loved you. 13 No one has greater love than a person who lays down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends, if you do what I command you. 15 I no longer call you slaves, because a slave doesn’t know what his master is about; but I have called you friends, because everything I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, I chose you; and I have commissioned you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last; so that whatever you ask from the Father in my name he may give you. 17 This is what I command you: keep loving each other!"

I think alot of marriages break when women try their utmost to show love to their husbands and they reject and devalue it (I'm not generalising men here). Women can also be at fault no doubt, but men (if you agree) have a sort of protective/authoritative role on their part.

Agreed. Yes I agree too that husbands have a protective/authoritative role. That authority is not to boss around but rather to protect.

As for respect this is also a foundation for our religion, that women must obey their husband etc however, he must show her love, give her rights too. It's works both ways. Also noting that when women don't feel loved, they are likely to sin, or leave the marriage. It's so nice to share the similarities of our religions teachings. thanks for the enlightenment christianady

I am glad to read that you consider the teachings to be identical and similar in this respect. That is cool!

:)

God bless you

Shia_warrior92

Thanks. :) God bless you too, and peace :)

There are some women out there who do not show love indeed, there is alot of domestic violence against men. Unfortunately, it is under reported due to shame and many other reasons. However the perspective of women is being discussed here. Women can compromise anything, but there are many men out there who just throw their love back in their faces and devalue them. :)

From what I have seen, there is more dmoestic violence against women than men. However, it is true that both genders can sadly be violent and not loving at all. Love does not equal violence.

I really like Paul's definition of love, accounted in Paul's letter to the church of Corinth:

1 Corinthians 13 (I boldened some.)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Cor%2013&version=CJB

"4 Love is patient and kind, not jealous, not boastful,

5 not proud, rude or selfish, not easily angered,

and it keeps no record of wrongs.

6 Love does not gloat over other people’s sins

but takes its delight in the truth.

7 Love always bears up, always trusts,

always hopes, always endures."

Peace and God bless you

I think this is a beautiful verse:

"They (your wives) are a garment for you (enfolding you to protect you against illicit relations and beautifying you) and you are (in the same way, for the same reasons) a garment for them."

— Qur'an 2:187

A garment keeps you warm, protects you, beautifies you. I think God did a beautiful job of explaining it the way He did.

Hello Ali Musaaa,

That is indeed a beautiful verse. Thanks for sharing it. :)

Peace and God bless you

Hello Son of Placid,

Congratulations on your anniversary!!! That's awesome! 22 years :)

Two months ago was my husband's and my first year anniversary!!!

Peace and may God greatly bless you and your wife/best friend!!! :)

Verses lover I guess you deserve the name quranist instead of others.

What's wrong with using the Quran? You sound like a Catholic with regards to the Bible! :P

The Quran is number 1. Hadiths are second to that. A hadith cannot contradict the Quran. The Quran is 100% authentic. The Hadiths must be determined to be authentic.

Ya Allah ^^ you get me wrongggggggg

Brother, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean?

My bro you often quote the verses of Quran Which shows that you love to listen the quran So I thought you should keep your username as quranist instead of other.

Must have been a full moon or something...

There's nothing wrong with using the Quran.

I have enough trouble understanding it now. It's like everything Arabic turns black/white when translated into English. Hadith are just tremendous shades of grey.

I heard it said that Muhammad once said, "Don't quote me on this, only what's in the Quran" You can correct me.

The city of Calgary has a large population of Muslims. Awesome Mosques as well. They even get in on the Stampede and host a breakfast. (Google stampede breakfasts.) I meet retired co workers there, greet with hugs. Obviously not the ones in the video. They are Ismaili. I don't know what that means to a Shia.

They are not too proud to work the more meanial tasks canadians tend to avoid. I get along great with any of them.

Then there's others. I got stories.

I like to give and get a smile, don't care who. tried it in a little corner store once and it did not go well. She was not allowed to talk to me, look at me, and I don't know what else but when she cowered I turned around. I can be pretty good with the cold stare but so was he and I was way behind on the draw. Yeah, I don't go there any more.

Is there any honour in being burkha'd up and walking 8-10 metres behind your husband, (who btw can dress like a Calgarian)? Some cultures women are second class. Some are less.

I don't know a lot of the world, maybe I shouldn't.

Salam CL

Our teachings a preety the same as yours in this sector. My adivce to you is too not take everything people round here say literally, like the guy that clamied his wife is dead, thats a lod of rubbish lol.

Boys round here act like their going to treat their wifes badly, but in reality their most likely going to be kissing their wifes feet lool.

Son... Yeh its sad that some woman walk behind the man, they should walk on the same level. Their propbably not proud of their wifes so they walk infront....

Salam CL

literally, like the guy that clamied his wife is dead, thats a lod of rubbish lol.

Boys round here act like their going to treat their wifes badly, but in reality their most likely going to be kissing their wifes feet lool.

Will we be ?? :-( well depends on her feet. lol

Will we be ?? :-( well depends on her feet. lol

Lool before you marry her look at her feet. Its not hard to look after your feet you know, anyways you can get one of those foot bath things, warm water and petals ,let her feet sinnk in that for like 5min ,then get a foot scrab and rub it on her feet and then wash it off, then if you have foot mask put that on,then wash it and then use a nice cream that smells fruity and your done. Soft and nice feet oh yeh you have to pat dry her feet after every wash. You can paint her toe nails too.

Alternative get her to go to a salon to get a pedicure and manicure lol.

Lool before you marry her look at her feet. Its not hard to look after your feet you know, anyways you can get one of those foot bath things, warm water and petals ,let her feet sinnk in that for like 5min ,then get a foot scrab and rub it on her feet and then wash it off, then if you have foot mask put that on,then wash it and then use a nice cream that smells fruity and your done. Soft and nice feet oh yeh you have to pat dry her feet after every wash. You can paint her toe nails too.

Alternative get her to go to a salon to get a pedicure and manicure lol.

Iol did i ask for beauty tips for my wife. girls will be girls. they never stops to share their "beauty tips" .

Don't buy into fundamental Christians propaganda.

Women are viewed as inferior and almost sub-human according to the bible. Use google to find out what bible really think about women.

How so?

Google can find you anything you want to find. It doesn't even have to be true.

Google me the Biblical rules on wife beating.

Edited by Son of Placid

The problem with religious people is that they are very good at denying things.

That statement is almost true although it's not usually denial, it's the brick wall syndrome. You should know it yourself, if you are religious...

2. Taqleed& resorting to an Alim, & not making your own verdicts on Islamic issues

Once there is conviction on the leader & his knowledge, his word is obeyed without any objections/reservation.

(Borrowed from Pureethics post in gen discussions)

Basically says, once you have a leader, he decides what you do and believe. Same in Christianity.

"There are some questions we do not ask, (as it might be blasphemy)" usually means, "we don't have the answers, or more honestly...we can't explain it, just believe it."

FYI, I'm not a trinitarian, by my own choice.

The internet is saturated with answering islam, answering christianity, biblebabble, etc. go where you like, find what you like, post as truth, (or argument). Know what I mean?

Canadian, (non religious) rules of wife beating;

Cops called, charges laid, wife to a safehouse until court injunction removes husband from the house, pending investigation. May include fines or jail time.

Restitution through the system can take up to a year, which, contrary to popular belief, is why most abuses are not reported.

Now, about those biblical rules on wife beating?? Please find them for me, I can't seem to. Maybe I'm blind, or in denial ;)

That statement is almost true although it's not usually denial, it's the brick wall syndrome. You should know it yourself, if you are religious...

(Now, about those biblical rules on wife beating?? Please find them for me, I can't seem to. Maybe I'm blind, or in denial ;)

It's a tragedy, there ain't no regulations at all regarding this issue. It neither contains an explicit command denigrating physical admonishment nor does it set a procedure for when it should be done.

The Quran on the other hand is very direct on this issue, it condemns any injury in general and only makes an exception to striking a corrupt wife as a last resort. There's regulation, organization. Complete guidance.

Couple of verses to clear the issue:

• "And when you divorce women and they have [nearly] fulfilled their term, either retain them according to acceptable terms or release them according to acceptable terms, and do not keep them, intending harm , to transgress [against them]. And whoever does that has certainly wronged himself." - (2:231)

• "Lodge them [in a section] of where you dwell out of your means and do not harm them in order to oppress them. And if they should be pregnant, then spend on them until they give birth. And if they breastfeed for you, then give them their payment and confer among yourselves in the acceptable way; but if you are in discord, then there may breastfeed for the father another woman." - (65:6)

• "Men are in charge of women by [right of] what God has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what God would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear rebellion - advise them; [then], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you seek no means against them. Indeed, God is ever Exalted and Grand." - (4:34)

Canadian, (non religious) rules of wife beating;

Cops called, charges laid, wife to a safehouse until court injunction removes husband from the house, pending investigation. May include fines or jail time.

Restitution through the system can take up to a year, which, contrary to popular belief, is why most abuses are not reported

Can you stop bringing up that strawman about wife beating? You already know fully well muslim scholars since the beginning of the faith's inception (starting with none other than the Prophet's statement about miswak) said it never goes as far as injuring and beating your wife. I already brought up the law of diyah, so why would you bring abusive beating up? Carrying strawmans is digging your own grave.

Edited by Lanatin

Can you stop bringing up that strawman about wife beating? You already know fully well muslim scholars since the beginning of the faith's inception (starting with none other than the Prophet's statement about miswak) said it never goes as far as injuring and beating your wife. I already brought up the law of diyah, so why would you bring abusive beating up? Carrying strawmans is digging your own grave.

digging my own grave? you guys will say anything.

You called me out on my last post. I sent you a msg to prove it, you didn't respond. If you don't want my proof so be it but it doesn't disclaim it, so strawman it is, prove your side of the story.

Yes, I know better but your STFU buddys can learn or leave, care to elaborate?

digging my own grave? you guys will say anything.

You called me out on my last post. I sent you a msg to prove it, you didn't respond. If you don't want my proof so be it but it doesn't disclaim it, so strawman it is, prove your side of the story.

Yes, I know better but your STFU buddys can learn or leave, care to elaborate?

I just realized Gypsy's post, apologies, I see why you said what you said...

Don't buy into fundamental Christians propaganda.

Women are viewed as inferior and almost sub-human according to the bible. Use google to find out what bible really think about women

Sub-human? Utter rubbish. You once said you dont have a comprehensive knowledge of christianity, so why are you judging based on some biased hate sites? From the old to the new testament, the virtues of women are extolled. Paul says to love your wives, be amicable with them, that both sexes share in the kingdom of God. Proverbs talks about the gift of having a righteous wife. If there's any patriarchal laws, pretty much every religion out there that allows marriage has some; and this is something we have as well. It's nothing abhorrent considering the differences of the two sexes (biologically, psychologically , etc.). It's only the damn feminists of today that are bringing the new goddess cult into this world that rebel against natural law.

The spiritual equality is still present in both our faiths, afterall. Why else would paul say "there is neither man nor woman...for all are one in Jesus Christ" (something along the lines of that anyway).

You once said you dont have a comprehensive knowledge of christianity, so why are you judging based on some biased hate sites? From the old to the new testament, the virtues of women are extolled. Paul says to love your wives, be amicable with them, that both sexes share in the kingdom of God. Proverbs talks about the gift of having a righteous wife.

Hello Lanatin,

I very much agree with your quote above and boldened some.

The spiritual equality is still present in both our faiths, afterall. Why else would paul say "there is neither man nor woman...for all are one in Jesus Christ" (something along the lines of that anyway).

Paul said, "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." - Galatians 3:28

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians+3&version=NIV

which yeah basically means both men and women are equal (one) in Christ. :)

I am so glad about that. Both men and women are made and loved by God. They both deserve respect and both are so important. I do very much agree with Paul's teachings concerning a husband loving his wife and a wife respecting her husband. I think that respect and love walk together hand in hand. :)

I love my husband and respect him. My husband loves me and respects me, and together we please and praise our Creator!!!

Peace and God bless you