Sign in to follow this  
Zulakha

Hijab For Men

Rate this topic

Salam

I watched this excellent lecture on Ahlulbayt tv by zahra al-alawi

The hijab finger is hardly pointed at men so it was very nice to watch this which talks about hijab for men and women

What do you think?

Moose, So you think shes a smart girl but hate the lecture because you love to look at a girls curves. Your messed. It doesnt matter if you want to stay flawed and like your girls, that means you do not follow Islam. Men like you make me sick. Stop thinking you can look at womens bodies and be peverted. You are a typical perverted man. Islam tells you men to lower your gaze and have social and physical hijab so stop avoiding it

Zahra al-alawi is a very confident smart girl. I listened to this whole lecture now and I am impressed with her eloquence.

The only reason someone would not agree with the content of this lecture is if they do not abide by the rules of hijab as stated by the quran. This lecture is straight to the point and is very clear.

Bro you may like to see a womans curves but know that Allah disapproves you doing so. So go chat up, flirt and gaze at all the women you want. Its you who will face your lord on the day of judgement and will have to answer for your actions

Moose, So you think shes a smart girl but hate the lecture because you love to look at a girls curves. Your messed. It doesnt matter if you want to stay flawed and like your girls, that means you do not follow Islam. Men like you make me sick. Stop thinking you can look at womens bodies and be peverted. You are a typical perverted man. Islam tells you men to lower your gaze and have social and physical hijab so stop avoiding it

I think she is more than smart. I never said I hated this lecture, I said I take issue with it.

I don't go out looking for girls with curves to look at, sometimes it just happens nor do I ever make an attempt to get with girls or fornicate with a sister and daughter of some family. I dont show my desires in public but I admit to them here, and you take offense to this. Thats alright.

No, I don't follow Islam that way its supposed to be followed. I try, but you have no right to judge me and my relationship to God.

Like I said, Im rotten but Im always trying to learn more about my faith and Islam.

I make you sick? You seem to have extreme hatred for men like me. Fortunately, I dont have that kind of hate.

There are a lot of perverted women out there too you know, who look at men's bodies, and a lot of them wear hijab too. I have witnessed those hijabi girls (some I know personally) but do I condemn them the way you condemn me? No. NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

I'm dont go out to attract beautiful girls nor will I ever try, so why does it bother you what is in my heart?

Maybe you're just jealous at girls who are beautiful. Sorry Mrs. Insecurity...

Zahra al-alawi is a very confident smart girl. I listened to this whole lecture now and I am impressed with her eloquence.

The only reason someone would not agree with the content of this lecture is if they do not abide by the rules of hijab as stated by the quran. This lecture is straight to the point and is very clear.

Bro you may like to see a womans curves but know that Allah disapproves you doing so. So go chat up, flirt and gaze at all the women you want. Its you who will face your lord on the day of judgement and will have to answer for your actions

Slightly less harsh, but I do consider your words.

I don't talk to girls or flirt with them LOL. Im not a smooth talking guy and my looks do me no justice. Im an illustrator (artist) so Ive dealt with curvy women in my work.

Actually, I have taken steps to counter my problems, like not going to school, changing my major. Females like OP would think I would blame them for keeping me out of school, but that isnt the case. She simply understates how important the problem is for guys like us. She thinks its easy peazy to turn my gaze away. She really doesn't care.

Plus, I have artistic memory. I draw what comes to mind. I dont need to gaze at a girl to have images in my head. It just flashes in my head LOL.

Edited by moooose

Mrs insecurity? Yes I admit I am insecure. I have been used and abused far to long by womanizers and men who constantly put us women down. Men like that constantly make us feel not good enough and make us feel in competition with other women. I have been through a lot and it's only got worse. I'm sick of men trying to make us women feel worthless and shallow.

Sometimes men don't realise how their actions can have an affect on believing women. When you put your attention on women who reveal themselves you make us want to reveal ourselves for that same attention. Sorry if I came across too strong In my reply but it's only my life experience which makes me very defensive. Why don't you men support your sisters and help us cover up because not all of us are strong enough to maintain our deen

Mrs insecurity? Yes I admit I am insecure. I have been used and abused far to long by womanizers and men who constantly put us women down. Men like that constantly make us feel not good enough and make us feel in competition with other women. I have been through a lot and it's only got worse. I'm sick of men trying to make us women feel worthless and shallow.

Sometimes men don't realise how their actions can have an affect on believing women. When you put your attention on women who reveal themselves you make us want to reveal ourselves for that same attention. Sorry if I came across too strong In my reply but it's only my life experience which makes me very defensive. Why don't you men support your sisters and help us cover up because not all of us are strong enough to maintain our deen

Im really sorry to be so hard and negative to you sis. I should've used more discretion. To be honest, Im quite touched by what you say.

Dont think like that of yourself, you're good enough and so are all the other muslimas out there. I read and hear about some of the men that want to do mutah and stuff; I hate it. It makes us Muslim men look bad and be bad.

Just to reiterate I dont go out in public and put girls down. Im so freaking nice. Im so nice people take money from me and never pay me back lol. Im always doing favors for my hijab/abaya/jooba wearing sisters (siblings). I dont want to torment any girl with my problems so I stay away from women altogether.

Deep down I hate the way I am; not proud and Im insecure too and so is everyone else. I just accepted my problems and im trying to deal with it day by day, even though I feel that its impossible.

I should have been more responsible with my own reply which was written in pessimism.

Moose - you don't believe in mutah and you are a Shia?

If you are a Shia then that's very refreshing to hear, we don't often get men on here that say that.

Im Iraqi from Diwaniya. Im Shia but not a good one. Yeah I dont like mutah because most guys abuse that opportunity to do w/e. Its become kind of dirty if you ask me. Plus if my mother and sisters are uncomfortable with even talking about then it really must be something ugly.

Edited by moooose

I read and hear about some of the men that want to do mutah and stuff; I hate it. It makes us Muslim men look bad and be bad.

That's your own personal opinion, but you should dislike how some people abuse Mutah, not hate Mutah itself. Something that is halal, means it was made halal for a reason. Perhaps they'd rather do something halal instead of committing sins.

Some people prefer to enter into Mutah marriage purely for the sake of getting to know each other better before they consider permanent marriage. It allows them to make a more informed decision. How does that make Muslim men look bad?

If a couple do Mutah, it means they have put Allah first ahead of their desires. How does that make Muslim men look bad?

I'm not trying to promote Mutah, or anything like that. I'm just tryna get you to look at it from a different point of view. Brother, why do you care if it makes Muslim men look bad? There are plenty of things in Islam that people dislike and say it makes Muslims look bad. Hijab for example. Is it bad? No says the Muslim, but is that the same response you get from everyone? Nope. That could make Muslim men look bad. One girl was asking my friend why do woman have to cover their hair and men don't, saying its double standards. He explained it to her and why Muslim woman cover their hair and she now respects it.

Why should something that will be disliked by people be taken over something that Allah has allowed? Sometimes we need to ask ourselves 'are we here to please the creation or the Creator?' Would you rather your brother committ a very serious sin or see him get married? I think the answer is obvious.

Sorry Sister for derailing the thread. Thank you for the video, I look forward to watching it :)

Only weak girls will dress less to impress,but I understand were your coming for their are girls that dress way down to keep the mans attention,seen it with my two eyes. But thats what you call nagsat 3gal ones you show your weakness he'll take it and use it against you all the time. You dont need a man to help you , you need to do whats best for you. Its norm for a man to run and look at woman that are dressed down but their just their to be looked at ,when it comes to marriage they want her covered. Its sad when woman get affected by a mans action. They might want to create jealous in you but you shouldnt given in ,its easy said but ones you given in thats were thr mind games come in.

Its not even how much iman you have anymore its about your wellpower. Anyways your post was nice.

If ALL men stop looking, we won't have any more issues. If all women wear hijab, we still have issues..Physical hijab don't stop guys from looking. You'll eventually set standards anyway. If every woman was to wear hejab, an exposed ankle would be something to talk about. There's no point of just hiding behind cloth or not looking, without having knowledge. Work on your faith and see if you would even struggle to apply Hijab. It would be something you'd want to do, rather than something you feel forced to do.

Edited by garawi