Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Nuriyah Khanam

Fatima Of Portugal...

Rate this topic

The reason for my Q was because I find it abit confusing as it mentions Fatimah (daughter of Prophet Muhammad) yet seems to refer to Mary (mother of Prophet Eisa) respectively. A simple explaination is what I wish to have please...

The reason for my Q was because I find it abit confusing as it mentions Fatimah (daughter of Prophet Muhammad) yet seems to refer to Mary (mother of Prophet Eisa) respectively. A simple explaination is what I wish to have please...

The village in which it happened was called "Fatimah" so the event was named after the village, rather than named after the Lady in the vision

I saw a documentary about it on history channel

Pretty interesting tho

Basically the three kids lived in the village of Fatimah, but the vision was about lady Mariam. It has nothing to do with the daughter of the Prophet (saw). The kids were Christian, and one became a nun later in life.

just one more form of IDOL worship.....no matter what people name it, its just pure devilish....

It's not about idol worship... Three kids had a vision of Mariam, she prophetised 3 things to the kids (I think it happened in the very early 1900s but I don't remember the exact year), apparently two of the things came true in the early 1900s, but Mariam told the kids the last prophecy was to be kept a secret by the kids until 1960. One of the kids became a nun, wrote the third prophecy in an envelope and gave it to the pope and told him not to read it or share it until 1960... 1960 came and went by the Pope never revealed the last prophecy to the people (he just kept it to himself) the pope said the world wasn't ready to know what was written...

Edited by Raafiki

Thank you for that... it was helpful. Now this has me thinking what could be the third prophecy? If Saint Mary / Hadrah Maryam wished for others to know as such that she showed those children in their dreams than it must be of great importance for all to know. I wonder why the pope did that? And what could that prophecy possibly have been... any suggestions?

Also what does Fatima mean in portugese... I mean it sounds like the name of Sayidah Zahra?

The name of the town and parish actually evolved from the Arabic name Fatma (Fāṭimah, Arabic: ÝÇØãÉ ), the name of Moorish princess.

The parish was founded in 1568, when it was deannxed by the Collegiate of Ourém (Portuguese: Colegiada de Ourém).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A1tima

So seems to have been named after a Moorish princess.

Likewise Madeenat al Zahra was named after a concubine. But some argue it was to compete for influence in the wider region with the Fatimids, who often used the name in their structures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medina_Azahara