Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Dawud.

Saudi Arabia Plans To Bulldoze The Prophet's Tomb

Rate this topic

I really don't even know what to say, they are seriously crossing the line. You can read the article here.

The key Islamic heritage site, including Prophet Mohammed’s shrine, is to be bulldozed, as Saudi Arabia plans a $ 6 billion expansion of Medina’s holy Masjid an-Nabawi Mosque. However, Muslims remain silent on the possible destruction.

Work on the Masjid an-Nabawi in Medina, is planned to start as soon as the annual Hajj pilgrimage comes to a close at the end of November.

After the reconstruction, the mosque is expected to become the world’s largest building, with a capacity for 1.6 million people.

And while the need to expand does exist as more pilgrims are flocking to holy sites every year, nothing has been said on how the project will affect the surroundings of the mosque, also historic sites.

Concerns are growing that the expansion of Masjid an-Nabawi will come at the price of three of the world’s oldest mosques nearby, which hold the tombs of Prophet Mohammed and two of his closest companions, Abu Bakr and Umar. The expansion project which will cost 25 billion SAR (more than US $6 billion) reportedly requires razing holy sites, as old as the seventh century.

The Saudis insist that colossal expansion of both Mecca and Medina is essential to make a way for the growing numbers of pilgrims. Both Mecca and Medina host 12 million visiting pilgrims each year and this number is expected to increase to 17 million by 2025.

Authorities and hotel developers are working hard to keep pace, however, the expansions have cost the oldest cities their historical surroundings as sky s[Edited Out]ers, luxury hotels and shopping malls are being erected amongst Islamic heritage.

A room in a hotel or apartment in a historic area may cost up to $ 500 per night. And that’s all in or near Mecca, a place where the Prophet Mohammed insisted all Muslims would be equal.

“They just want to make a lot of money from the super-rich elite pilgrims, but for the poor pilgrims it is getting very expensive and they cannot afford it,”

Dr. Irfan Al Alawi of the Islamic Heritage Research Foundation, told RT.

Jabal Omar complex – a 40 tower ensemble – is being depicted as a new pearl of Mecca. When complete, it will consist of six five star hotels, seven 39 storey residential towers offering 520 restaurants, 4, 360 commercial and retail shops.

But to build this tourist attraction the Saudi authorities destroyed the Ottoman era Ajyad Fortress and the hill it stood on.

The Washington-based Gulf Institute estimated that 95 percent of sacred sites and shrines in the two cities have been destroyed in the past twenty years.

The Prophet’s birthplace was turned into a library and the house of his first wife, Khadijah, was replaced with a public toilet block.

Also the expansion and development might threaten many locals homes, but so far most Muslims have remained silent on the issue.

“Mecca is a holy sanctuary as stated in the Quran it is no ordinary city. The Muslims remain silent against the Saudi Wahhabi destruction because they fear they will not be allowed to visit the Kindom again,” said Dr. Al Alawi.

The fact that there is no reaction on possible destruction has raised talks about hypocrisy because Muslims are turning a blind eye to that their faith people are going to ruin sacred sites.

“Some of the Sunni channels based in the United Kingdom are influenced by Saudi petro dollars and dare not to speak against the destruction, but yet are one of the first to condemn the movie made by non Muslims,” Dr. Al Alawi said.

Just out of curiosity (don't flame me), what is the problem? I understand that it's a great grave and shrine . . . but if they're going to build a better one . . . what's the issue? It's not like the current masjid was there during the times of the Imams . . . The old ones had to be destroyed to build the current one. Same with the kaaba . . . the kaaba of the Prophet's (pbuh) time is no longer there . . . only the black stone. So I don't really see the big deal. Care to enlighten me?

I bet you wouldn't say that if it was at an Imam (as) 's grave...

No, If someone were to demolish the grave of an Imam (as), I would also want them executed. Oh, you're talking about the money part.....

Just out of curiosity (don't flame me), what is the problem? I understand that it's a great grave and shrine . . . but if they're going to build a better one . . . what's the issue? It's not like the current masjid was there during the times of the Imams . . . The old ones had to be destroyed to build the current one. Same with the kaaba . . . the kaaba of the Prophet's (pbuh) time is no longer there . . . only the black stone. So I don't really see the big deal. Care to enlighten me?

They are not building a better one, they are getting rid of it to expand the Masjid itself.

According to the Wahabi beliefs, these 3 mosques which are the oldest in the world, have become shirk.

This is just a continued campaign of the early 1900s which saw the destruction of many Islamic holy sites in KSA when the Wahabis seized power.

How they can bulldoze over the Prophet's tomb is beyond me.

They are doing similar things by proxy via the Taliban (Buddha Statues), Islamists in North Mali (Timbuktu UNESCO Sufi Shrine Demolition), and now even in Morocco. They have waged a terrible campaign in Eastern Europe against non-Wahabi mosques which had 'idolotrous' decorations.

They had been planning to blow up the green dome on top of the grave few years back, but they held back stating that it would cause such a big uproar in the muslim world that there would be a risk of a greater fitna than the "fitna of keeping the dome intact".

Edited by Maisam Haider

WHat????

Edited by Hasan0404

After discussing this with Sunnis on r/Islam, they expressed sorrow at first.

Then pointed out that the house of Lady Khadijah (A.S) being turned turned into a toilet has to be a lie.

They also said that the Prophets' grave will be untouched during the renovations, as his grave is basically locked up.

I do not live in Saudi Arabia so only Allah knows.

Edited by GreyMatter

I foresee Al-CIA-duh getting upset over this and Al-Saud royals entering the annals of history, followed by a sizable USMC "presence" in Hijaz to enforce "peace". In fact if I'm not mistaken I have read such a sign of reappearance.

Why are the muslims remaining silent??? Would it make a difference if they weren't? I don't think Aal Saud cares about its rep in the muslim world. Shower a bit of money here and there, fund mosques all across Europe, and no one will talk :)

Basmilah al Rahman al Raheem

I am Sunni myself, and I just posted this on ummah Forums.

I disagree with their actions and If they continue to destroy these monuments then well, I think we need a new governement for Saudi Arabia!

but then, when you look at the other side of picture...

They say that we shouldn't be "Idolazing" this buldings.

I say, I believe there is a mid-way here.

The Kaaba shouldn't be touched unless it is for repairs.

the Masjids from the time of Mohammad (Sal Allaho Alihe Wa Salam) Also should be left alone.

The expansion should go around or OVER these masjid's and tombs.

Nay we do not want to "Worship" the tombs of the pious but that is not an excuse to bulldoze them.

IF they lay one finger on the grave/tomb or body of RasulAllah, I will cut it off.

Salam o alekom to All Muslims.

Assalamu alaykum

Let's try and stop the madness of destruction. Please sign the petition and pass it around so that we can pressure the Saudis to stop

www.change.org/petitions/saudi-arabian-authorities-stop-the-destruction-of-masjid-nabawi-islamic-sites

Thanks

are they really destroying it completely or they are just some renovation? I am not sure, I dont think saudis are so stupid do some thing like this with grave of prophet Muhammed(s).