Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ethics

Can Someone Tell Me Why Sunnis.....

Rate this topic

Don't say bismillahrahmanirahim when they recite Surah Fatiha when it is in the Surah itself. Actually to think of it, Sunnis never say bismillah, I as a Shia know we must use it before we eat, wake up, go out, drive, school, work, basically for anything.

Also why do they say ameeeeeen after second Surah during prayer?

I find it bidha.....

If your a Sunni looking at this find me legit proof for this using Shia and Sunni Hadith and chain narrators and Quran. Don't bring me some bs that you believe because you just do without logic...

Thanks

Edited by pureethics

salam alaikum

as far as i know, both sunnis and shia say bismillah, in fact i used to attend a sunni school and they would always tell us to say bismillah before everything, eating, going out, and everything else u mentioned.

There is nothing wrong with saying ameen either, as long as it isnt said during prayer because it invalidates the prayer, but some of the imams duas ended in ameen so it cant be wrong, it simply means "so be it".

When I went to Mecca and medina they would never say bismillah and non of my sunni friends say it either, and they would add Ameen at the end of the second Surah . I never said it is wrong to say ameen, but during prayer. Also I meant that you have to say bismilla because the verse is added in Surah Fatiha

There's actually different opinions on this amongst their madhahib.

Hanafis say the basmallah is not a part of al-Fatiha and so it is valid to skip it. It is not specifically mustahabb to recite it aloud or in a low voice, and one has the choice of either.

Shafi`is say it is a part of the sura, obligatory to say and cannot be omitted, recited aloud in aloud prayers (maghrib, `isha and fair) and recited in a low voice in zhuhr and `asr.

Malikis say it is not a part of al-Fatiha and it is mustahabb to omit it altogether.

Hanbalis say it is a part of al-Fatiha, but it is to be recited in a low voice in all salat.

Hanafis say the basmallah is not a part of al-Fatiha and so it is valid to skip it. It is not specifically mustahabb to recite it aloud or in a low voice, and one has the choice of either.

Shafi`is say it is a part of the sura, obligatory to say and cannot be omitted, recited aloud in aloud prayers (maghrib, `isha and fair) and recited in a low voice in zhuhr and `asr.

Malikis say it is not a part of al-Fatiha and it is mustahabb to omit it altogether.

Hanbalis say it is a part of al-Fatiha, but it is to be recited in a low voice in all salat.

Salam, thanks for posting this brother.

This is what Allah (swt) says referring to Sura Al Hamd in Quran itself. Count from Bismillah and it is indeed seven verses.

æóáóÞóÏú ÂÊóíúäóÇßó ÓóÈúÚðÇ ãöäó ÇáúãóËóÇäöí æóÇáúÞõÑúÂäó ÇáúÚóÙöíãó {87}

[15:87] And certainly We have given you seven of the oft-repeated (verses) and the grand Quran.

By the order of Allah (swt) it become wajib (obligatory) to say the first ayat, Bismillah ..... while reciting Al Hamd.

In Islam (Shia Islam that is) Bismillah is always the part of the sura except for Sura Tauba, which is another proof of Bismillah being the part of sura.

Anybody who does not recite Bismillah (where it is the first ayat of the sura) is doing haram and is grossly mistaken.

Just to be correct, Sunnis do say Bismillah just like the rest of us before everything else. The only place they get deviated is during salat.

Edited by Waiting for HIM

What nasty ikhtilaf!

Doesn't this mean that Hanafis and Shafi`is believe in major tahrif, since a verse has been added to the mushaf that isn't part of it? :!!!:

no the poster is correct, the sunnis do not recite bismillah during prayer.. I attended a sunni (non salafi/extremist school) and noticed it day in day out.. No basmala at all during their prayers as they do not see it as an aya, rather, a bit like a cover/decoration to every surah.. (not mocking but thats the best way i can describe how they see it as i was told by them)

i find ameen a bida myself too