Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
caller

Getting Women To See Our Perspective On Hijab?

Rate this topic

Some hijabi women, especially young inexperienced and unmarried ones do not understand the importance of covering up properly. So you get these modern hijabis who wear burkinis and play soccer and run in the olympics. Any half decent man will tell you this is not covering the body properly. It's a mockery of the hijab and an insult to the religion. Physical activities themselves are revealing - I need not comment how!

Those hijabi athletes will look more modest if they removed their head scarf and wore decent loose clothing, like some decent christians and jews do. Tight revealing clothes with a tight scarf and jumping up and down are bad hijab! Dont make our religion look stupid.

Now how can we convince the sisters?

Some hijabi women, especially young inexperienced and unmarried ones do not understand the importance of covering up properly. So you get these modern hijabis who wear burkinis and play soccer and run in the olympics. Any half decent man will tell you this is not covering the body properly. It's a mockery of the hijab and an insult to the religion. Physical activities themselves are revealing - I need not comment how!

Those hijabi athletes will look more modest if they removed their head scarf and wore decent loose clothing, like some decent christians and jews do. Tight revealing clothes with a tight scarf and jumping up and down are bad hijab! Dont make our religion look stupid.

Now how can we convince the sisters?

well many hijabis i know only wear hijab cuz its part of their culture.. so u would have to get them to be more religious and closer to Allah basically.. cuz the only sisters who will listen to u are going to be the ones who put on hijab for the sake of Allah anyway...

I disagree bro, I think even the God conscious ones do it because they don't understand the male psyche. They just don't understand how male minds work.

Let me extend my criticism to non-athletes too. Nowadays you see hijabis wearing tight sleeves and they don't have a clue that it's revealing and unislamic because its shows the shape of the body.

Hijab is not just covering of head with a piece of cloth. Jeans/pj's/sweat pants and the shirts women wear with hijab on top are fooling themselves.

Q1)

Wearing a trouser and t-shirt to what stage is allowed and what if I do proper hijab over it when I go outside?

A1) It is not allowed for a woman to go out of her house wearing the cloths that shows her body before strangers.

Thats according to Aya. Sistani.

Edited by awaiting_for_the.12th

I disagree bro, I think even the God conscious ones do it because they don't understand the male psyche. They just don't understand how male minds work.

Let me extend my criticism to non-athletes too. Nowadays you see hijabis wearing tight sleeves and they don't have a clue that it's revealing and unislamic because its shows the shape of the body.

Idk if u were talking to me but If u were, I'm a sister :S

And honestly, I have a lot of trouble finding long sleeve shirts let alone loose long sleeve shirts lol (I live in an area where it doesn't get very cold in the winter and is very hot during the summer so usually stores sell short sleeve shirts all year long) and I'm not allowed to wear abayas (don't ask) thou think they are really pretty (: I have desi clothes that have loose sleeves and are loose in general but I don't have it in me to wear them in public because I live in America...

I do know sisters who where abaya all the time tho mA and a few of them are niqabis too

Hijab is not just covering of head with a piece of cloth. Jeans/pj's/sweat pants and the shirts women wear with hijab on top are fooling themselves.

Q1) Wearing a trouser and t-shirt to what stage is allowed and what if I do proper hijab over it when I go outside?

A1) It is not allowed for a woman to go out of her house wearing the cloths that shows her body before strangers.

Thats according to Aya. Sistani.

About the first half of ur post, are you saying that skirts are best or are u saying that wearing jeans and sweat pants is good but then girls wear shirts that are too tight? Just wondering :)

Edited by Raafiki

And warn, for warning profiteth believers.

Thou warnest only him who followeth the Reminder and feareth the Beneficent in secret. To him bear tidings of forgiveness and a rich reward.

Lo! thou (O Muhammad) guidest not whom thou lovest, but Allah guideth whom He will. And He is best aware of those who walk aright.

Had Allah willed, they had not been idolatrous. We have not set thee as a keeper over them, nor art thou responsible for them.

------------------------

you only can advice them, but convincing them is not in your hand, hijab after all is a religion that should not be imposed .

you can educate, spread the knowledge , act as a role model or give gentle reminder for those who most probably would listen to it

About the first half of ur post, are you saying that skirts are best or are u saying that wearing jeans and sweat pants is good but then girls wear shirts that are too tight? Just wondering :)

Sorry if i was not clear. I meant jeans/pj's/sweat pants are haram since they show body curves. But if you wear them but on top you cover them with a long chador or abaya then its absolutely fine :).

Basically anything that will show body curves is not allowed. Most hijabi's that i see on campus are not observing the right hijab.

Also for guys, from what a Moulana told me is we should avoid those long v-neck and sleeveless shirts.

OP - you can advise your future wife and your sisters if you believe that they are not doing proper Hijaab.

It is the responsibility of our fathers, husbands and brothers to tell us Shia women if our Hijaab is inappropriate. Not yours or any of the other SC Internet brothers.

OP - you can advise your future wife and your sisters if you believe that they are not doing proper Hijaab.

It is the responsibility of our fathers, husbands and brothers to tell us Shia women if our Hijaab is inappropriate. Not yours or any of the other SC Internet brothers.

Should SC Internet sisters not advise the shia men to be good and decent men? Or is it only the responsibility of our sisters, mothers and wives?

Dont get angry with me I am only giving advise.

Should SC Internet sisters not advise the shia men to be good and decent men? Or is it only the responsibility of our sisters, mothers and wives?

Dont get angry with me I am only giving advise.

Have you seen the amount of muta threads on here? We on the whole stay out and dont tell the men what to do. Because it is none of our business.

I am not getting angry kid, my advice would be, if you see a girl that is not wearing proper hijaab - then avert your eyes. As you get older you will get better at this :)

We can all have opinions on this, but when it comes down to it its no one elses business how any individual person decides to interpret their hijab. What most definitely IS your business is what you do with your own body and mind.

"its no one elses business how any individual person decides to interpret their hijab."

are you a revert? are you not open minded?

yes it is. we are allowed to enjoin the good, we have no choice. if you saw me clean shaven its your duty to tell me about the beard. if you saw my beard was too short and i didnt realize then its your job to make me realise. yes in person its difficult but here on a forum there is no problem.

btw yoda1 dont call me a kid I am probably older than everyone on this thread. i am oldster on this young forum.

its a sad state when you ask a man to lower his gaze when he gives advise on hijab.

how old are you caller?

Anyway if you keep this up in public one day you're gonna face the wrath of a young woman's brothers or even her husband........or you might get a good back hand from the sister herself. Seems someone needs to work on himself before going after everyone else.

Or you might just be one of those net warriors who runs his mouth online?

"its no one elses business how any individual person decides to interpret their hijab."

yes it is. we are allowed to enjoin the good, we have no choice. if you saw me clean shaven its your duty to tell me about the beard. if you saw my beard was too short and i didnt realize then its your job to make me realise. yes in person its difficult but here on a forum there is no problem.

btw yoda1 dont call me a kid I am probably older than everyone on this thread. i am oldster on this young forum.

its a sad state when you ask a man to lower his gaze when he gives advise on hijab.

Ok brother caller please calm down. Im sure your heart is in ths right place but, you cannot control/dictate to other sisters on here. It is disrespectful for you to assume that we dont know how to wear proper hijaab (Ive been wearing it since I was 9 years old).

I also feel it is inappropriate for non mahram men on here to discuss our clothing, now that is not proper hijaab. Please be respectful to us.

Ruqaya you are a revert right? A revert is ment to be open minded right? So please take a bit of time think well of your brother. Some people have called me anti women and some think i am a woman all on the same website! I mean well, so take a few minutes to stand in my shoes.

Watch the video. All i am doing is what that preacher is doing. Thats all. If a woman has bad hijab, then her deeds are hers they are not mine. A revert like you should be open minded to see that I am no ani-woman. All I am doing is telling the women that they need to see if their hijab is actually covering their body. Thats all.

Yoda1 I wont speak like that to a woman in person. Never! It's disrespectful. This is an anonymous forum and I am not disrespecting anyone at all. If anything I am the one being disrespected by being called a kid in a forum with youngsters or saying that I am like a person who leaves school girls in the fire. I am a preacher and this will never happen if in a lecture I said women need to wear hijab that doesn't sexually attract men. Similarly men need to reassess if their dress is modest or not? Isn't that fair?

Nowadays more and more women are told it's ok to play sports in tight hijab, I just want to remind people it need careful consideration.

I don't think anyone gives a flyin' **** about YOU or YOUR Hijaab. I'm sure they're more interested in preserving and propagating the justified, true way [of Hijaab in this context], and annulling the wrongful way [of Hijaab in this context].

Have you seen the amount of muta threads on here? We on the whole stay out and dont tell the men what to do. Because it is none of our business.

I am not getting angry kid, my advice would be, if you see a girl that is not wearing proper hijaab - then avert your eyes. As you get older you will get better at this :)

Wait a minute, let me put this straight, first you claim that you "on the whole stay out and don't tell the men what to do because it's none of your business", then you advice them "if they see a girl not wearing proper hijaab then avert eyes as you get older it'll be better"? Isn't, like, where his eyes goes none of your business?

Stop all of this whining about bad hijab and avert your eyes as yoda suggested

Do we have to?

how old are you caller?

Certainly older than you. Hah!

^^ Where did this weirdo freak come from lol :!!!:

I didnt know pagan worshippers posted on here?

Ah, I remember now, you are the gay one that proposed to mutah king? lolz

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/235007429-why-all-the-woman-hate/page__st__50

Edited by Yoda1

Lol, now imali says I am too whiney to be older. Some bad akhlaq shown here. Too much abuse. I got to admit I was a bit harsh in the OP, so I am sorry. I could have said what I had to without sounding a bit rude. It's only this bad akhlaq from some of you which made me realise. Sorry all.

Yoda1 what do you say about the video?

I quit this thread, bye.

What i mean is, we can all have opinions on this and point things out to each other that may help each other make better and more informed decisions. Thats fine for people that want to engage in such discussions, but when it comes to individual people we may see or meet, we shouldnt be making 101 assumptions about them and why they are chosing to interpret the hijab the way they do. If you are uncomfortable, instead of putting the onus on them to change, do something that has a hope of working and make the changes in yourself, because thats the thing that youre ultimately most responsible for, not other peoples choices.

Ruqaya you are a revert right? A revert is ment to be open minded right? So please take a bit of time think well of your brother. Some people have called me anti women and some think i am a woman all on the same website! I mean well, so take a few minutes to stand in my shoes.

I wasnt thinking badly of you at all. I do think that intention is too often disregarded when people have these discussions, people assume bad intention about people they know nothing about. Athletics is a good example. No one has to watch womens sports, you have to actively seek it to witness it and i have no reason to assume that the women who do it are thinking about turning men on in their burkini's or anything else. People who do sports professionally tend to be very serious about it and that should be respected. Quite frankly, some people just have pervy minds and it doesnt matter what a woman wears, theyre going to start speculating on whats underneath.

You see these atheltes are like super skinny and the wear sports bras so nothing moves much. Wether you like it or not their going to continue with their job. If you dont like it dont look and judge because your not doing yourself a favour either.

People dont like to hear whats expected of them by strangers,specially if its from the oppesite gender.

By the end of the day you can wear what you want but your actions and intentions is what counts. Their sisters with the "modesty" hijiab doing next level stuff yeh am talking about the ones with abyas(ofcourse not applying it to all).

Between wearing a abaya can still show your curves. Being open minded has nothing to do with you being a convert or not. Thats called backward thinking.

You men should look at your self first then give the hype talk. Plus I dont need no man telling me what I should wear and what to not wear. Yeh that amar nik whatever should look at his cloths before lecturing woman. The mans shirt looks like its going to rip off.

Seriously non of as are in a position to tell others what to do. We need to fix up then speak and however much you fix in yourself there well always be something that you have to work on.

As an artist and illustrator in training (comic books and story books), I like curvy, hour-glass shaped women, i.e, they must have have wider hips than their shoulders. LOL. IF I wanted to get married to one that is beautiful, how would I know what her body looks like if she is so covered? hate to admit it, but many shia brothers (including me) like beautiful women and would fancy them, unless they're living a strictly governed Islamic life which is hard to live nowadays especially if you live in the west or are simply ugly. What if she looks quite plain or ugly? FACT OF LIFE. Girls reject short /ugly guys and then the men start complaining. Girls get rejected for being ugly or fat or not curvy and complain. FACT OF LIFE.

Better question is how to deal with ugliness, beauty, and sport.

Better go to Afghanistan brothers!

I know I said I would quit this thread but I had to repsond to sister ruqaya. Thanks for the post. I dont disagree with what you said. The only thing you didnt address it the very premise of the thread -> Women do not think like men. I know we shouldn't judge the intentions of a person when we dont even know them but if we have insight on something then we should at least say it. These athletes probably think they are doing good hijab but sometimes it takes a man to tell them what is sexually attractive. I am talking about normal men here, like the one in the video.

You ladies might dislike something that we men do and it might be bad. So you have insight that we dont. So its your duty to make it known to us! I am sure you can think of one example at least. People write whole books on this type of stuff http://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Women-Want-Men-Know/dp/0007132956

Once a familiar man in a shop told a lady in my family to wear a longer skirt. She thanked him and then told me how appreciative she was! I know some ladies will get angry but this woman sung his praises. Thats what I call an open minded woman.

As an artist and illustrator in training (comic books and story books), I like curvy, hour-glass shaped women, i.e, they must have have wider hips than their shoulders. LOL. IF I wanted to get married to one that is beautiful, how would I know what her body looks like if she is so covered? hate to admit it, but many shia brothers (including me) like beautiful women and would fancy them, unless they're living a strictly governed Islamic life which is hard to live nowadays especially if you live in the west or are simply ugly. What if she looks quite plain or ugly? FACT OF LIFE. Girls reject short /ugly guys and then the men start complaining. Girls get rejected for being ugly or fat or not curvy and complain. FACT OF LIFE.

Better question is how to deal with ugliness, beauty, and sport.

Better go to Afghanistan brothers!

In Islam, you can see her without hijab before you marry her.

I know I said I would quit this thread but I had to repsond to sister ruqaya. Thanks for the post. I dont disagree with what you said. The only thing you didnt address it the very premise of the thread -> Women do not think like men. I know we shouldn't judge the intentions of a person when we dont even know them but if we have insight on something then we should at least say it. These athletes probably think they are doing good hijab but sometimes it takes a man to tell them what is sexually attractive. I am talking about normal men here, like the one in the video.

You ladies might dislike something that we men do and it might be bad. So you have insight that we dont. So its your duty to make it known to us! I am sure you can think of one example at least. People write whole books on this type of stuff http://www.amazon.co...w/dp/0007132956

Once a familiar man in a shop told a lady in my family to wear a longer skirt. She thanked him and then told me how appreciative she was! I know some ladies will get angry but this woman sung his praises. Thats what I call an open minded woman.

In Islam, you can see her without hijab before you marry her.

I didnt know that.

But that makes me feel even worse if I reject her if I dont like what she looks like, hurting her feelings and likewise when she rejects me for a physical trait that she doesn't want in a man. What do you think?

I understand where caller is coming from though. Like some (probably including myself Allahu a'lam) dress up thinking its modest and islamic whereas they are completely unaware of the male mentality. How do we know they're not staring at us in lust/desire? The problem is though not many of us accept wearing a trouser and a long chadoor on top (LOL) but we try to be as islamic as possible by wearing decent loose clothing as wide as our variety can go. If men STILL stare at us...well thats not our problem is it? We're trying to be modest so do us a favour and keep the modesty by averting your eyes.

I understand where caller is coming from though. Like some (probably including myself Allahu a'lam) dress up thinking its modest and islamic whereas they are completely unaware of the male mentality. How do we know they're not staring at us in lust/desire? The problem is though not many of us accept wearing a trouser and a long chadoor on top (LOL) but we try to be as islamic as possible by wearing decent loose clothing as wide as our variety can go. If men STILL stare at us...well thats not our problem is it? We're trying to be modest so do us a favour and keep the modesty by averting your eyes.

Lol, we do. If you're not a in a "juuba" or "abaya" then we will try our best to look. Not all men though. Me and others yes >=D. Just so you know and avoid those prying eyes. Some girls where those tight jeans and yoga pants and then have that semi-loose shirt that goes over them: NO DIFFERENCE WE CAN STILL SEE AND DEDUCE YOUR SHAPE.