Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Does Allah Need To Love ?

Rate this topic

singham

• Veteran Member

Before we answer this, please tell us why Allah (SWT) loves us. I am sure that also Sunnis must have documented Ahadith that say that the love if Allah for us is more than the love of 99 mothers.

Before we answer this, please tell us why Allah (SWT) loves us. I am sure that also Sunnis must have documented Ahadith that say that the love if Allah for us is more than the love of 99 mothers.

• Advanced Member

He doesn't need to love them but out of His infinite Mercy He does and has asked us to love them as well in the Qur'an.

which infinite mercy are you talking about brother ,can God of infinite mercy throw all non muslims and 72 sects of islam into hell fire.

You are deist, so do you believe in a Creator? So you still believe in Allah (swt) correct?

yes, i belive in creator ,but not in merciless Allah aka Muhammad made god .

He love us also don't he?

what do u mean by us ? 12ers!

Allah does not need. He loves.

the way you describe how Allah loves ahlul bayt shows anthropomorphic love of Allah.

Edited by singham

• Advanced Member

which infinite mercy are you talking about brother ,can God of infinite mercy throw all non muslims and 72 sects of islam into hell fire.

yes, i belive in creator ,but not in merciless Allah aka Muhammad made god

I am aware of the Hadith you mention. You know there could be a deeper meaning to it and there is a possibility that it is not literal. I'm not a Scholar so that's not something for me to conclude, I just toss up ideas and ask knowledgable people. Have you consulted any learned Brothers/Sisters about your doubts in Islam before you left?

You want to talk about Allah's Mercy? Have you not looked at His creation? Have you not reflected on what is around you? Look at the animals Allah has created. You want to know Allah's Mercy, well here it is. Have you ever considered how the weakest of creation has all it's food and nutrients provided for it? It the baby human doesn't need to lift a finger in order to get all its sustenance, but why does the grown, fully matured Human being have to exhort so much effort to get food? Look at the baby lion cub, all it's food and requirements are given to it... It doesn't need to do a single thing. Then look at the strongest amongst the animals, it's father, a full grown Lion has to fight, has to hunt has go through so much hardship to find food, yet the weakest creation has everything given to it. When you ponder over this you will realise why Allah (swt) is the Most Merciful.

That is just one example of the Mercy of Allah (swt)

Your other sentence doesn't make sense, unless i misunderstood? Are you claiming Muhamamd (pbuh) is God or made God? You just claimed you believe in a Creator so how can you say Muhammad made God...?

The door of forgiveness is not shut my brother :)

I am aware of the Hadith you mention. You know there could be a deeper meaning to it and there is a possibility that it is not literal. I'm not a Scholar so that's not something for me to conclude, I just toss up ideas and ask knowledgable people. Have you consulted any learned Brothers/Sisters about your doubts in Islam before you left?

You want to talk about Allah's Mercy? Have you not looked at His creation? Have you not reflected on what is around you? Look at the animals Allah has created. You want to know Allah's Mercy, well here it is. Have you ever considered how the weakest of creation has all it's food and nutrients provided for it? It the baby human doesn't need to lift a finger in order to get all its sustenance, but why does the grown, fully matured Human being have to exhort so much effort to get food? Look at the baby lion cub, all it's food and requirements are given to it... It doesn't need to do a single thing. Then look at the strongest amongst the animals, it's father, a full grown Lion has to fight, has to hunt has go through so much hardship to find food, yet the weakest creation has everything given to it. When you ponder over this you will realise why Allah (swt) is the Most Merciful.

That is just one example of the Mercy of Allah (swt)

Your other sentence doesn't make sense, unless i misunderstood? Are you claiming Muhamamd (pbuh) is God or made God? You just claimed you believe in a Creator so how can you say Muhammad made God...?

The door of forgiveness is not shut my brother :)

Lovely!!!

• Advanced Member

He would cease to exist if he didn't love.

How so brother?

Think of it this way, imagine you are the most handsome/ beautiful (Sorry, I am not exactly sure what you are lol :P but mystic Knight suggests you are a guy?) person in the world. You are utterly amazing. But there is no one else here. Your all alone. There is no one or thing to look at you, to admire you, to love or to recognise you. Wouldn't you want someone there to love and appreciate you and your beauty?

In the same way you could liken this example with Allah (swt) He doesn't need our love, He is the Self-Sufficient but He desired that there should be other beings or creations that would recognise Him and His Glory and to love and rely on Him.

]How so brother?

Well nothing but God can exist on it's own but needs to be given existence constantly. God is the ultimate being. Whatever he is, is the only thing that can exist on it's own. If God ceases to have power, then he would cease to exist. But in the case of God, being ultimate, he is ultimate love, ultimate power, etc...His benevolence, wisdom, knowledge, is not separate divisions making him up. It's all him. If he ceases to be whom he is, for example, as he is ultimate love, then he would cease to exist. This is because God is the Necessary Being. As he is the greatest possible being, his attributes must be perfect/ultimate. To be ultimate/perfect, they cannot lack perfection. Therefore ultimate love at it's ultimate is also ultimate power and ultimate life force. If his love was part of him, it would not be at ultimate, but rather he must be ultimate love. Therefore if he ceases to love, he would cease to exist.

I know this makes people a bit uneasy, because they don't want to say God needs his creation. But the truth is, if God decided not to create, he would be going against his morals of grace and love, and would cease being ultimate love/grace/generosity. And if he did that, he would cease to exist, because he would no longer be the ultimate existence or the ultimately greatest possible being.

God needs to be good more than we do. In the case of God, not only would the greatest being worthy of existence cease to exist, but nothing would exist.

He needs to love in perfect way. While if we do evil and change, we only harm ourselves. In the case of God, if he ceases to love, he would destroy himself as well as all of creation.

I know this makes people a bit uneasy, because they don't want to say God needs his creation. But the truth is, if God decided not to create, he would be going against his morals of grace and love, and would cease being ultimate love/grace/generosity. And if he did that, he would cease to exist, because he would no longer be the ultimate existence or the ultimately greatest possible being.

God needs to be good more than we do. In the case of God, not only would the greatest being worthy of existence cease to exist, but nothing would exist.

He needs to love in perfect way. While if we do evil and change, we only harm ourselves. In the case of God, if he ceases to love, he would destroy himself as well as all of creation.

That was deep! I never thought of it that way. I read from Bahai Faith that God's creation is infinite and eternal (no beginning or end) since God's attributes (ex. mercy) are infinite and eternal.

• 1 year later...
  • Basic Members

Love is a passion: it could either be good or bad. A person could for example love war, or love peace. A person could love justice, or injustice. We are given that freedom of choice by Allah swt.

On the other hand, God is just and therefore He does not love the one that does injustice.

God loves the one who does justice.

Tell me, who is more just on God's earth than the prophet (sawaws) and the imams (as)?

Therefore, God loves the prophet (sawaws) and the imams (as).

God does not have this need (nor does He have any need), but because God is good, he loves justice and dislikes injustice.

Edited by Elhusseinie