Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Saudi Pardons Son’s Killer If He Memorizes Quran

Rate this topic

Not all Saudis are part of the religious or monarchy establishment, or mult-millionaire playboys. Many are just ordinary average folk - also there is much poverty in the kingdom that gets overlooked - and I'm referring to nationals here not just foreign expats.

No ****, I didn't imply that at all. My post was about either the media fabricating this story or the media using a real story to give people the image Saudis (whether they work for government or not) are more religious than they actually are.

• Advanced Member

are you kidding me? you people are impressed at this? this is an insult to the Quran and the Holy act of learning it by heart for the sake of Allah, not your life.,

If he killed someone intentionally then he wasn't thinking much about Allah swt to begin with.

The felon probably think his life is very important. and you would probably take the deal too, since you don't have any other option.

• Advanced Member

Rehabilitation v Punishment

That being said, no good memorising the Quran unless it is in your heart and not just on one's tongue.

It takes a long time to memorize the whole Quran, and there are high chances that if the wrongdoer stays so long in contacht with Quran he might change.

are you kidding me? you people are impressed at this? this is an insult to the Quran and the Holy act of learning it by heart for the sake of Allah, not your life.,

This is education all about, carrot and stick. After coming to shiachat i have realized that prejudice can make a person deny the obvious.

• Advanced Member

Many people here are criticizing the whole thing just because he is Saudi Arabian, which means Sunni.

I'm sorry, but I find that that guy actually has faith. In Allah. Many people in here including me, we pray listen to Dua, say we have faith, etc... but we were never put in such a test, to lose a son, or someone close to us like that by murder, or so, and put in that situation.

I would actually like to salute the father, and that exactly is the religion of Islam. Forgiveness. The father asked him to memorize the Qur'an as in other words, the killer to go into Tawba. This father is courageous and strong. I hope all of us will pass such tests.

Al Dousari is mostly a shia tribe (some sunni) based in my home town. They can be found everywhere, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. they were originally Bahraini bas were forced into exile. Its funny how people forget that there are shi3a within Saudi too. Just because our government enforce their wahabi thoughts upon people doesnt mean we accept them. Btw this guy who was killed was from Qatif.

• Veteran Member

Yes I figured that too, given that the Eastern Province has a large Shia concentration, so he could easily be Shia. Now watch those who were critical be all awe-inspired now. :rolleyes:

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed
  • Advanced Member

Yes I figured that too, given that the Eastern Province has a large Shia concentration, so he could easily be Shia. Now watch those who were critical be all awe-inspired now. :rolleyes:

ya3ni its not my point. This guy IS shi3a. The person who killed his son was Wahabi. Think about it. He never accepted money and never pushed for the death penalty either. If it was the other way around, the shi3a man would have been instantly condemned to death.

Edited by alhashimi
  • Advanced Member

Many people here are criticizing the whole thing just because he is Saudi Arabian, which means Sunni.

Brother, I understood your point correctly and I agree. This is the statement I disagreed with however. Just because someone comes from Arabia does not mean that you should label him a Sunni. In Arabia people actually call us Shi3a outsiders.. I would not for a second doubt that this mans son took on the message of Imam Hussayn as and took part in anti regime protests. May Allah Bless his family, especially his mother whom had originally rejected any form of 'blood money' from her sons murderer. Its not that I am ignorant of the strong will and faith of his father, its just Im sick of people calling us sunni because we were invaded by a tribe whom do not represent Islamic practice, were we have lived in these areas for generations as shi3a.

Wow, way to baselessly generalize, dude. If the same story came out of Egypt I wouldn't have any suspicion about it. But a country whose very foundation is based on un-Islamic, passive kufr I wouldn't even call a Sunni country.

• Advanced Member

My 2 cents

Although memorization is good but is there any verse commanding on memorizing the Quran?

Tthere are many verses in Quran which say we should read it with pondering or thinking over it. That is why I am against Tarawih where the memorizers read it so fast not even thinking on its meaning and it is a bidda too (sunni sources).

This is what The Quran says about what one should when reading it.

"Will they not then ponder the Qur'an or are there locks upon their hearts?" [47:24]

is a Book We have sent down to you, full of blessing, so let people of intelligence ponder (liyaddabbaru) its Signs and take heed." [38:29]

Moreover the prophet (pbuh) said taking only Quran and leaving Ahlulbayt one will go astray.

The messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) said: "I am leaving for you two precious and weighty Symbols that if you adhere to BOTH of them you shall not go astray after me. They are, the Book of Allah, and my progeny, that is my Ahlul-Bayt. The Merciful has informed me that These two shall not separate from each other till they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise)."

This hadith has been reported in more than 30 sunni sources including Sahih Muslim, Sahih tirmidhi Mustadrak and Sunan

So if the pardoner was Shia, he should have given the condition of both the Quran and Ahlulbayt condition to pardon the Wahabi killer.

Brother, I understood your point correctly and I agree. This is the statement I disagreed with however. Just because someone comes from Arabia does not mean that you should label him a Sunni. In Arabia people actually call us Shi3a outsiders.. I would not for a second doubt that this mans son took on the message of Imam Hussayn as and took part in anti regime protests. May Allah Bless his family, especially his mother whom had originally rejected any form of 'blood money' from her sons murderer. Its not that I am ignorant of the strong will and faith of his father, its just Im sick of people calling us sunni because we were invaded by a tribe whom do not represent Islamic practice, were we have lived in these areas for generations as shi3a.

I'm not saying there is no Shia in Saudi Arabia, but the big majority is Sunni.

Its like saying a story happened to an Iranian, you would quickly think it must be a Muslim Shia, but what are the chances it is a Muslim Sunni, or Christian Armenian, or Jew, etc...

But you are right, next time we should think further.

Wow, way to baselessly generalize, dude. If the same story came out of Egypt I wouldn't have any suspicion about it. But a country whose very foundation is based on un-Islamic, passive kufr I wouldn't even call a Sunni country.

You should hold your horses.

• Advanced Member

If he killed someone intentionally then he wasn't thinking much about Allah swt to begin with.

The felon probably think his life is very important. and you would probably take the deal too, since you don't have any other option.

but thats exactly the point, its possible he wouldnt care about the Quran if his life didnt depend on it. Maybe it would be appropriate to use the Quranic teaching of mercy to pardon him, and offer to educate him. However using forcing one to learn the quran on pain of death is a disgrace...nothing short of