Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
DoubleAgent4

Sheikh Yasser's Defence

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

Once and for all, let the whole argument of 'Yasser is the reason for the death of Shi'is is Pakistan etc' be confronted by the man himself. This is probably an old recording, but nevertheless he addresses all the points needed. Please don't comment here if you haven't watched the video. For those who have watched it, what do you think of his take on Taqiyya?

I get where he is coming from and would agree to a certain extent. The internet, the wide access to Shia literature, things of this nature make taqiyya basically useless as this point. While most definitely am not a supporter of Shaykh Yassir, it's only right to give credit where credit is due.

Would've been a whole lot more informative if Musawi actually debated him

That was his loss unfortunately. Sheikh Yasser refuted the claims people bring against him and that's the main issue.To decide if any validity lies in his argument is for the viewers and experts in this field to decide.

Yasser Habib can't be blamed for any attacks against the Shia.

But one thing has to be mentioned:

The Sayed mentions Hadith for Taqiyah, whereas Yasser just tries to refute the Hadith through his own arguments.

One strange thing: Habib and his opponents(Iranian regime) both claim that the time of Taqiyah is over without any Hadith reference.

YH may be right and logical in what he says, but a Shia must be extremely alert and aware of all the possible repurcussions and far reaching consequences of his actions. YH, who is not a Marja or anything like it, has become an asset for those who hate the Shia. YH should know that even if what he says is true, there is a time and place for everything and his actions may be benefiting the enemies of the Shia. There is such a thing as being naive, and thus a liability to your own people.

Did you watch the video? If you did you would have seen his response in regards to these matters...

Edited by Hawraa29

No other person is as controversial as YH. So he must be right while all our scholars and marjae are wrong? If what he does is right then everyone, even those before him, would act like him. He is causing Fitna. Just be quiet and sit down, practice your religion, and wait for your Imam (a) to appear.

No other person is as controversial as YH. So he must be right while all our scholars and marjae are wrong? If what he does is right then everyone, even those before him, would act like him. He is causing Fitna. Just be quiet and sit down, practice your religion, and wait for your Imam (a) to appear.

Kindly watch all the video for the response to your claim! It's really not that hard..note that I said only those who have watched the whole video to comment :)

1, Hardly anyone reads this material.

2, The material isn't presented with the poor demeanor of Yasser Habib and people of his ilk.

They may not read it, who knows. However the things many Sunnis accuse us of in terms of having very "colorful" things to say about the 'first three' and other related personalities, that all can be found clearly within Shia books. That is regardless of whether it has ever been the predominant Shia belief, an irrelevant point often made. The point is Yassir isn't hiding anything, everything is out in the open. It does greater harm to hide these things or ignore them.

I am a perfect example of that. There have been moments after becoming Shia where I fell into very critical spiritual crisis, because things I was told and insisted were no where to be found within Shia'ism I found in Shia literature. So while it is true, we may not have the number of converts we have now if we were 'bluntly honest' about everything, however we would have solid folks who have a fairly proper understanding of Shia'ism and how there is a wide variety of ideas and theories to be learned from our history, and what they as individuals choose to believe they will figure out as time goes along and they develop as a believer.

Now to be fair, I will admit Yassir, and his followers more so then himself, do not present this truth in the most welcoming manner. However I would assert that this is the result of Shia's attempts to suppress certain things in our religion. We try to brush things under the rug, dismiss it, hide it, disregard it, all of these things till finally a frustrated group of Muslims finds them and builds a foundation with it. It's the development of religion 101.

Edited by Dawud.

(bismillah)

and not this wishy-washy unity propaganda and hiding things we really think and feel...

This is my 2 cents.

æÇááå ÃÚáã

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

A person can still seek unity without compromising their beliefs. Our religion is a balanced religion with balanced followers. It doesn't have to be black or white or all out war with sunnies or Peace and love all of them. Whomever thinks its either one or the other is not in touch with the teaching of Ahlul Byte. Its so easy to be an Extreme Shia (mr habibi) or an all loving Shia then to be a balanced Shia. This man is intentionally causing fitna whether people like it or not even if hes speaking the truth. Hes not seeking dialogue with anybody hes the type if you disagree with him your deviant. Hes a Shia wahabi same mentality. If people think hes brave for speaking the truth then let him just cut to the chase and declare war on all sunnis and will see what hes going to do but he wont because hes a coward. Hes a master at mixing truth with falsehood and then sprinkling a little hate on top and presents it as the right way. So many people fall for him the same way so many muslims fell for abu baker when he mixed truth with falsehood to claim the khilapha. Its saddening to see some Shias let their emotions do their thinking for them instead of their intellect. This man is a slave of his emotions.

(bismillah)

Except...this isn't what is happening. Most people reject talking about these issues as it is sensitive to Sunnis and harmful to our "unity." I mean, you should really just listen to the video and pull out the proofs and argument and separate them from the person that Sh. Yasir al-Habib is. Again, I don't support everything he does, but that is because I think a lot of what he does (the things that are beyond everything) is a reaction to the influence of "pro-unity" that are causing people to be like "Nah, Abu Bakr and `Umar were not that bad..." Or do taraddi for them...

Yes, Sh. Yasir al-Habib could be calmer and talks about less irrelevant things. However, it would not please the pro-Unity people even if he did this with more adab. Even if he was simply talking about all their crimes and what we believe about them from our sources as well as their own without even doing la`nah as he mentioned their names it would not please the pro-Unity people.

But it is what we believe, it is core to the Imamiyya and there's no way around it. Rather than looking like hypocrites, we should just say it, prove, defend and not be ashamed. "Unity" will not be attained by trying to say we are no different from one another. No, we are different and we can be very different. We just need to accept we will not agree and that each side believes offensive things and move on. Just leave one another alone on these religious matters.

It's really the emotions of the others that is the problem. Shi'as can look past the stuff they don't like, we've been doing it for years... Sunnis are used to being on top and won't stand for it. And this is their loss if they can't look past these offensive beliefs of ours and work against the kuffar in socio-political issues.

æÇááå ÃÚáã

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

who is your source of info?

(bismillah)

Except...this isn't what is happening. Most people reject talking about these issues as it is sensitive to Sunnis and harmful to our "unity." I mean, you should really just listen to the video and pull out the proofs and argument and separate them from the person that Sh. Yasir al-Habib is. Again, I don't support everything he does, but that is because I think a lot of what he does (the things that are beyond everything) is a reaction to the influence of "pro-unity" that are causing people to be like "Nah, Abu Bakr and `Umar were not that bad..." Or do taraddi for them...

Sh. Yasir al-Habib is pretty in touch with what the Ahlulbayt [as] teach, he brings out hadith for virtually everything he says [and no the Imams [as] were not all wishy-washy with these people]. There's no way to get the message to the other Imamis except by just announcing it out right... He can't send secret telegrams to every Shi`ah - especially with other figures doing the complete opposite (which is indeed causing great confusion amongst believers).

Yes, Sh. Yasir al-Habib could be calmer and talks about less irrelevant things. However, it would not please the pro-Unity people even if he did this with more adab. Even if he was simply talking about all their crimes and what we believe about them from our sources as well as their own without even doing la`nah as he mentioned their names it would not please the pro-Unity people. People can't even say their names on the mimbar anymore. I watched an entire lecture by an `alim on the shahada of Sayyida Fatima [as] and he kept just vaguely alluding to the two in very round about ways... Freakin' just say their names! Everyone knows who they are. We are to hate those 2 and what they did and their manhaj and those that followed them and supported them. They died upon the path of fisq and kufr and the ÝAhlulbayt [as] will have their justice on Qiyama (and/or raj`ah). Doesn't matter how nicely and how much adab you say it with, the information behind the presentation is what is unfriendly to Sunnis and this "pro-Unity" and will therefore be attacked.

But it is what we believe, it is core to the Imamiyya and there's no way around it. Rather than looking like hypocrites, we should just say it, prove, defend and not be ashamed. "Unity" will not be attained by trying to say we are no different from one another. No, we are different and we can be very different. We just need to accept we will not agree and that each side believes offensive things and move on. Just leave one another alone on these religious matters.

It's really the emotions of the others that is the problem. Shi'as can look past the stuff they don't like, we've been doing it for years... Sunnis are used to being on top and won't stand for it. And this is their loss if they can't look past these offensive beliefs of ours and work against the kuffar in socio-political issues.

æÇááå ÃÚáã

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

I'm one of the 'unity' people and I disagree with your assessment of my group... in fact I'd call it factually incorrect.

It is OK to plainly point out the mistakes of the oppressors, I don't ever call Abu Bakr and Umar and Usman as 'good' or even 'not that bad'.

I'm one of the 'unity' people and I disagree with your assessment of my group... in fact I'd call it factually incorrect.

It is OK to plainly point out the mistakes of the oppressors, I don't ever call Abu Bakr and Umar and Usman as 'good' or even 'not that bad'.

No. He's correct. Everything he said is absolutely correct. Darul made a very good point in his lengthy point. And I think you didn't see it clearly.

His main point was, and listen very carefully because I'm going to rephrase it here,

It doesn't really matter what sources Yassir Habib use in his lectures/speeches. The pro-unity brigade (and this is a loaded word) is going to hate him just the same if Yassir Habib were using correct and authentic Shia/Sunni sources. So, if tomorrow, Yassir Habib curses and sends lanah to the Sunni symbols (figures) using the correct authentic sources, are the pro-unity brigade going to be happy with him?

Of course not. That's the hypocrisy and double standards that Brother Darul tried to point out in his post politely.

Edited by Gypsy

No. He's correct. Everything he said is absolutely correct. Darul made a very good point in his lengthy point. And I think you didn't see it clearly.

His main point was, and listen very carefully because I'm going to rephrase it here,

It doesn't really matter what sources Yassir Habib use in his lectures/speeches. The pro-unity brigade (and this is a loaded word) is going to hate him just the same if Yassir Habib were using correct and authentic Shia/Sunni sources. So, if tomorrow, Yassir Habib curses and sends lanah to the Sunni symbols (figures) using the correct authentic sources, are the pro-unity brigade going to be happy with him?

Of course not. That's the hypocrisy and double standards that Brother Darul tried to point out in his post politely.

ignorance

all sunnis know that shia curses their 3

all shia curse the 3

it is a hero act to come up on tv and say what everyone knows but keep it behind scene so we can cont with our daily life

bloody ignorance of the whole affair

His main point was, and listen very carefully because I'm going to rephrase them here,

See, the fact that he used weak narrations is one part of it, there is also a need for decency and avoiding unnecessary offense.. cursing and insults will not help us. Let's say the insults that are today being pushed against our Prophet weren't there, wouldn't the world be a more peaceful place? Neither Muslims nor non-Muslims benefited from the obscene film, and we should try and avoid insulting others in similar ways.. else it just creates bad blood.

Sayyed got it right. The guy is a paid clown just to stir fitna. If west can make AlQaeda to cause disunity in Sunni - Shias, they can easily stand a guy among Shias to cause disunity too.

I mean its amazing how people forget Quran's verses after verses regarding Fitnah.