Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Enaya

Sunni - Shi'a Converts

Rate this topic

have u guys ever wondered this

why are there just 2 view points "sunni" and "shia" ? is it like american policitics u back the elephant or the donkey

why dont people "convert" to a more balanced view point ? not believing everything that either sect epouses

e.g I know a history professor who is a Maliki sunni but he criticizes muawiayh , Ali, Umar, Abubakr , uthman for their policies he does not think sahaba are beyond criticism yet he also does not declare them apostates or hypocrites for their faults.He respects a lot of shia ulema , he has said that the khawarij need to be rehablitated

He is more like a Proto-sunni i.e before the view of sunnis hardened wrt sahaba due to polemical arguments with imamis

Edited by Panzerwaffe

(bismillah)

why are there just 2 view points "sunni" and "shia" ? is it like american policitics u back the elephant or the donkey

why dont people "convert" to a more balanced view point ? not believing everything that either sect epouses

e.g I know a history professor who is a Maliki sunni but he criticizes muawiayh , Ali, Umar, Abubakr , uthman for their policies he does not think sahaba are beyond criticism yet he also does not declare them apostates or hypocrites for their faults.He respects a lot of shia ulema , he has said that the khawarij need to be rehablitated

He is more like a Proto-sunni i.e before the view of sunnis hardened wrt sahaba due to polemical arguments with imamis

Butriyya. Zaydism. Bleh.

Ýí ÇãÇä Çááå

There aren't two view points, there is Islam (i.e. Shia) and those who created sects like Sunnis, Sufis, Ismailis, etc. (there are over 70 sects btw)

the way history professor will pray nimaz will tell me who he is ! any how there are two ways good or bad !

wa `alaykum as-salaam.

I too am a Sunni convert to Shi`a - it has been 5 years now.

That is great! It is very nice to meet you Qaim, and thank you for replying to my post :)

Salam sister and welcome. :)

There are many Sunni converts to Islam on this forum. Here are some threads about Sunni converts to Islam you may like to read:

http://www.shiachat....-sunni-to-shia/

http://www.shiachat....a-alal-islaami/

http://www.shiachat....-i-became-shia/

Thank you for replying to my post and thank you for the links! I shall check them out :D

(salam)

Welcome and may Allah (swt) bless you, Subhan'Allah.

Thank you Mr. Kamran Syed. May Allah also bless you!

salaams sis,

I am a Sunni convert to Shia Alhumdulilah, It has been 3 years now. In the very beginning I found my self lost. It felt like I was suffering from a major Identity crisis but as the truth got unveiled, things got much easier. Anyway, welcome sis and keep up the research as it will strengthen your emaan, inshALLAH.

:yaali:

Thank you very much for replying to my post Osama. It is nice to meet you :) And Insh'Allah. I am only on the first few steps of my spiritual journey.

I am a convert from Sunni Islam, in which I was practiced Maliki fiqh and was of the Ashari Aqeedah. Before that I was a Salafi.

Hello Dawud, wow you converted from Salafi'ism to Shi'a! That is amazing, especially due to the fact that most Salafis are not very fond of the Shi'a sect. It is an honour to meet you :)

I am very glad to see such positive feedback on this topic. Thank you to everyone who took time to read it. And a greater thank you to those who replied. <3

Salaam Everyone,

I am a recent convert into the Shi'a sect from the Sunni sect.

I was just wondering if there are others like me on this website.

If so, do contact me :) I would love to get to know you, and perhaps

share our "finding of truth" tales!

Love Enaya

MashAllah!

Many of the knowledgeable people here are from Christian or Sunni backgrounds, so you are not alone.

You will encounter many, many people like you here.

Also, can you please share your story with us here: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/forum/9-reverts-converts-to-islam/

I love reading revert/convert stories :D

More and more converts to atheism in the West from the biblical faiths, have a chat with them too.

It sounds stupid when shias make fake usernames on all internet forums of the world claiming they were sunnis and now are shias.

Perhaps it's the 21st century use of taqiyyah taught by the zakirs?

People of the West use such tactics in the field of marketing.

And it's pathetic how shias make friends with sunnis and take them to their 'holy gatherings', offer them feasts, brainwash them, allure with mutah fairies and finally convert them to the shia Islam which is the infallible sect?

Perhaps they should use 50% of this 'energy' on converting the Non-Muslims to Islam.

Check YouTube for 100s of clips, with real images of ppl who tell their stories and how they converted to Shiism.

Subhanallah, May Allah keep guiding his sincere servants. I think whether you're from a Sunni background or even a non-Muslim background, slowly slowly one day, if that person has a sincere heart who only wants to follow the truth, then eventually they shall be guided, InshaAllah.

Many people can be stubborn, but many people are also in love with the truth & they will start swarming in with numbers.

Edited by Labbayk

Salaam Everyone,

I am a recent convert into the Shi'a sect from the Sunni sect.

I was just wondering if there are others like me on this website.

If so, do contact me :) I would love to get to know you, and perhaps

share our "finding of truth" tales!

Love Enaya

Walaikum Salam,

Could tell us what made you leave Sunni Islam and convert to Shia? Did you have good knowledge of Sunni Islam before converting??

Thanks

More and more converts to atheism in the West from the biblical faiths, have a chat with them too.

It sounds stupid when shias make fake usernames on all internet forums of the world claiming they were sunnis and now are shias.

Perhaps it's the 21st century use of taqiyyah taught by the zakirs?

People of the West use such tactics in the field of marketing.

And it's pathetic how shias make friends with sunnis and take them to their 'holy gatherings', offer them feasts, brainwash them, allure with mutah fairies and finally convert them to the shia Islam which is the infallible sect?

Perhaps they should use 50% of this 'energy' on converting the Non-Muslims to Islam.

Stop crying boy.

Here take this teddy, happy now?

http://www.onlinedelivery.in/images/uploads/SmallProduct/69.jpg

At the end of the day there will be less than 72 true shias, so whether someone converts to shia or not, it doesn't matter.

Imam Mahdi is still in occultation because he doesn't see any 72 true shias in the world.

Majority of the shias today will betray the 12th imam when he comes back.

This has been a tradition, by the way!

At the end of the day there will be less than 72 true shias, so whether someone converts to shia or not, it doesn't matter.

Imam Mahdi is still in occultation because he doesn't see any 72 true shias in the world.

Majority of the shias today will betray the 12th imam when he comes back.

This has been a tradition, by the way!

Hate to break this to you but it's 313 pure followers.

Fail.

They were 72 in Karbala; that saved shi'ism.

313 is the number of companions (and not shias) in Badr.

Wow, you're so confused... you implied Imam Mahdi a.s. would only have 72 followers, he helped you with the right number (313 initial companions).

What's this about Karbala and Badr now? <facepalm>

This is a point that people need to consider.

It's also worth mentioning that sunnis become shias AND shias become sunnis. Doesn't prove what 'true' Islam is either way, and in fact most sunni-to-shia converts I know have converted because they either lacked sufficient knowledge about sunni beliefs or were swayed by what at first appears to be strong shia arguments against the sahaba/caliphs. The funny thing though, is that proving sunni beliefs wrong doesn't make shia beliefs right.

Both can't be right, but both can be wrong.

Check YouTube for 100s of clips, with real images of ppl who tell their stories and how they converted to Shiism.

In itself that doesn't prove anything. There's plenty of videos on there of Muslim-to-Christian converts, or Athiest-to-Sunni Muslim converts.

In my experience, one of the ways sunnis are converted is by having flaws pointed out to them in the sunni beliefs by shias, who then think that shia beliefs are somehow stronger.

It's like a man wonders onto a minefield but thinks he's safe, and people throw him a rope to guide him to safety and constantly tell him the danger he's in. After a while he begins to think maybe he's not actually that safe because of all the mines and starts to follow the rope; only thing is that the people guiding him to safety are also in a different minefield but neither they nor him realise...

Sounds more like Kharijism to me.

No thanks, I'm trying to avoid the whole going to Hell thing.

what really is "kharijism " pray tell me wise one ?

and who in your opinion decides heaven or hell ?

. The funny thing though, is that proving sunni beliefs wrong doesn't make shia beliefs right.

Both can't be right, but both can be wrong

salam

You have hit the nail right on the head , jazakallah

IMHO its better to gain more and more knowledge and keep your mind open rely on teachers ( definately) but only those who do not have any specific sectarian agenda.Worst ulema are those who have the knowledge but are good debaters and can delibrately twist the facts to mislead the common people and they make them go through one minefield after another as aptly stated earlier.

Edited by Panzerwaffe

This is a point that people need to consider.

It's also worth mentioning that sunnis become shias AND shias become sunnis. Doesn't prove what 'true' Islam is either way, and in fact most sunni-to-shia converts I know have converted because they either lacked sufficient knowledge about sunni beliefs or were swayed by what at first appears to be strong shia arguments against the sahaba/caliphs. The funny thing though, is that proving sunni beliefs wrong doesn't make shia beliefs right.

Both can't be right, but both can be wrong.

In itself that doesn't prove anything. There's plenty of videos on there of Muslim-to-Christian converts, or Athiest-to-Sunni Muslim converts.

In my experience, one of the ways sunnis are converted is by having flaws pointed out to them in the sunni beliefs by shias, who then think that shia beliefs are somehow stronger.

It's like a man wonders onto a minefield but thinks he's safe, and people throw him a rope to guide him to safety and constantly tell him the danger he's in. After a while he begins to think maybe he's not actually that safe because of all the mines and starts to follow the rope; only thing is that the people guiding him to safety are also in a different minefield but neither they nor him realise...

Well you can basically apply your argument and your analogy to people coming from various or no religious backgrounds to Islam and vice versa as well.

Well you can basically apply your argument and your analogy to people coming from various or no religious backgrounds to Islam and vice versa as well.

Of course, and I do apply it that way. A religion isn't right by the virtue of having being born in it, but at the same time you need to apply a consistent approach, and logic, when looking for the truth.

Much wisdom in saying that the truth is often the first casualty in conflict, words or otherwise.

^ It was the dua of Bibi Zaynab (as) in dirbar e yazid that a nation will rise and remember Hussain (as) till Qayamat.

Stupid enemies cant get that through their heads. Imam Ali (as) had handful of shias, and after centuries of persecution we are 200 million now (granted not the perfect shia Imam (as) wants but most of us are willing to sacrifice for him inshallah)