Rate this topic

Salam,

..."Researchers in the study said that on average there are 105 males born for every 100 females, but among Indian-born mothers having a second child, the ratio was 111 males to 100 females, and it jumped to 136 males to 100 females for the third child.

While researchers found that the male to female ratio of children born to women who had more than one child was significantly higher among those from India, immigrants from South and East Asia in general were more likely than their Canadian-born counterparts to give birth to a male infant.".....

NRI killing their daughters in Canada: http://www.lifenews.com/2012/04/20/canadian-women-use-sex-selection-abortions-at-alarming-rate/

Hindus killing their daughters in India: http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/05/trash-bin-babies-indias-female-infanticide-crisis/257672/

P.S. I've nothing against India or Hindus, but like all of us on this forum, I'm against all kind of ignorance and biases which make people kill their daughters.

Edited by Waiting for HIM

Surah At-Takwir:

"{6} when the seas are set afire,

{7} when the souls are assorted,

{8} when the girl buried-alive will be asked

{9} for what sin she was killed.

{10} When the records [of deeds] are unfolded,

{11} when the sky is stripped off,

{12} when hell is set ablaze,

{13} when paradise is brought near,

{14} then a soul shall know what it has readied [for itself]."

Same thing in China......

Now there are hoards of Indian and Chinese men running around and not able to find a spouse.

Guard your wives and sisters :shaytan:

Yes, i saw part of a documentary on China the other week where they mentioned this. I foresee a huge influx of internet brides to China in future :donno:

(salam)

There is a reason behind it in China. In China, couples are banned by law from having more than one child. For some families, there are reasons other than 'honour' for wanting a son. A farmer may need a son to help him with his work. A businessman may need a son to carry on the business. A wealthy man may want a son to leave his money too, etc, etc.

For this reason, they dispose of their daughters so they may use up their 'slot' for a son.

(wasalam)

(salam)

There is a reason behind it in China. In China, couples are banned by law from having more than one child. For some families, there are reasons other than 'honour' for wanting a son. A farmer may need a son to help him with his work. A businessman may need a son to carry on the business. A wealthy man may want a son to leave his money too, etc, etc.

For this reason, they dispose of their daughters so they may use up their 'slot' for a son.

(wasalam)

Yes we are all aware of the one child policy.....but it's still horrible.

Is it a coincidence that the problems that Prophets of the past had to face are somehow slowly coming to be a reality of the modern world? Why is it that such modern "civilized" social issues were deemed uncivilized in the most uncivilized times in history? If you think about it, many of the problems that the Prophets had dealt with are coming back from the dead. It might be just me, but history seems to be circular and the problems of the past are recycling themselves in the modern and coming era.

Salam,

..."Researchers in the study said that on average there are 105 males born for every 100 females, but among Indian-born mothers having a second child, the ratio was 111 males to 100 females, and it jumped to 136 males to 100 females for the third child.

While researchers found that the male to female ratio of children born to women who had more than one child was significantly higher among those from India, immigrants from South and East Asia in general were more likely than their Canadian-born counterparts to give birth to a male infant.".....

NRI killing their daughters in Canada: http://www.lifenews....-alarming-rate/

Hindus killing their daughters in India: http://www.theatlant...-crisis/257672/

P.S. I've nothing against India or Hindus, but like all of us on this forum, I'm against all kind of ignorance and biases which make people kill their daughters.

Hello Waiting for Him,

It is hard for me to understand. I have nothing against India or Hindus either. What I don't understand is why some people value sons more than daughters? I am so grateful that my parents value all 4 of their daughters, including me. My parents did not have a son. However, my Dad says that he has 4 wonderful daughters plus 4 wonderful sons now :) (his 3 sons-in-law and 1 future son-in-law; my youngest sister is engaged to a wonderful man!)

It would be crushing if my parents thought that girls were inferior to boys. I don't know how anyone can think that. :(

I remember though one lady I knew from El Salvador crying because she was going to have a girl instead of a firstborn son. To me, that's an insult to womenhood. Why be sad for having a girl? Why not be glad and thank God for her and for health for both the baby and her Momma!!!? This lady, by the way, is from a Catholic background; she is not Hindu. However, she was raised with the mentality which I don't understand, thinking that boys are superior to girls. :(

God created both boys and girls, male and female. He gave different gifts to both!!! Both should be celebrated, loved, protected, educated, and cared for!!! Both are treasures and gifts from our amazing Creator!!!

Am I still overreacting?

Peace and God bless you

Hello Waiting for Him,

It is hard for me to understand. I have nothing against India or Hindus either. What I don't understand is why some people value sons more than daughters? I am so grateful that my parents value all 4 of their daughters, including me. My parents did not have a son. However, my Dad says that he has 4 wonderful daughters plus 4 wonderful sons now :) (his 3 sons-in-law and 1 future son-in-law; my youngest sister is engaged to a wonderful man!)

It would be crushing if my parents thought that girls were inferior to boys. I don't know how anyone can think that. :(

I remember though one lady I knew from El Salvador crying because she was going to have a girl instead of a firstborn son. To me, that's an insult to womenhood. Why be sad for having a girl? Why not be glad and thank God for her and for health for both the baby and her Momma!!!? This lady, by the way, is from a Catholic background; she is not Hindu. However, she was raised with the mentality which I don't understand, thinking that boys are superior to girls. :(

God created both boys and girls, male and female. He gave different gifts to both!!! Both should be celebrated, loved, protected, educated, and cared for!!! Both are treasures and gifts from our amazing Creator!!!

Am I still overreacting?

Peace and God bless you

I think it's a very jahil (ignorant) mentality of that the man is the "provider" of the family and the woman is the "caretaker" of the house that people become joyous over male births as compared to the female. Unfortunatley even with increase of knowledge and education in society and the fact of EQUAL AND BETTER job opportunities for women compared tot he past, this mentality is unfortunately still lying in the conscious. And this occurs in a LOT of societies, not just Indian.

I mean I dont get why people are just so ignorant. I'm currently an engineer, and my wife is training to become a doctor. When InshAllah she does become one she is set to make almost 3-4 times what I earn currently, AND I AM TOTALLY OKAY WITH THAT, hell I would be ecstatic, (I would actually retire and sit at home and watch movie and play video games the whole day and let her do all the earning :shaytan: , I wouldnt mind doing a little housework)

Seriously though I currently have a daughter, and I wouldn't trade her FOR ANY SON IN THE WORLD!, and InshAllah me and my wife are expecting another daughter in a couple of months. I hope and pray, pray, PRAY that Allah SWT Blesses me with a 3rd daughter, as Islam teaches that whoever is Blessed with 3 daughters, Allah Promises them Paradise! (that's the amount of Bliss that is honored to daughters in Islam)

Edited by Kirmani

as Islam teaches that whoever is Blessed with 3 daughters, Allah Promises them Paradise! (that's the amount of Bliss that is honored to daughters in Islam)

I was about to quote this Hadith, which is with certain condition, and the condition is "did the right upbringing". Upbringing part is really critical here, would you bring up your daughters like Fatima (as) or Zainab (as) or would it be like some hollywood diva????

Prophet of Islam, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had one daughter, Sayeda Fatima (as) and through her Allah (swt) gave Islam the honor of 12 immaculate Imams (leaders). She was the lady for whom Prophet used to stand up whenever she would come visit her father.

Same for the Lady Mary (as), the mother of Jesus, who was among the Muslims of early generations who is also revered repeatedly in Quran.

I think it's a very jahil (ignorant) mentality of that the man is the "provider" of the family and the woman is the "caretaker" of the house that people become joyous over male births as compared to the female.

Hello Kirmani,

Maybe that is a part of it. However, I believe that man is the provider of the house and that woman is the caretaker of the house, and I would be so happy having either a girl or a boy baby!!!

Right now, my wonderful amazing husband is working while I am at the moment enjoying not working. Do you think that is ignorant? I do work a little bit but less than part-time. I also do the laundry and the cleaning and some of the cooking. :) However, I do not believe that boys to be superior to girls at all. I believe that both are equal.

Unfortunatley even with increase of knowledge and education in society and the fact of EQUAL AND BETTER job opportunities for women compared tot he past, this mentality is unfortunately still lying in the conscious.

I mean I dont get why people are just so ignorant. I'm currently an engineer, and my wife is training to become a doctor. When InshAllah she does become one she is set to make almost 3-4 times what I earn currently, AND I AM TOTALLY OKAY WITH THAT, hell I would be ecstatic,

Congratulations to you and your wife!!! That is awesome that she is training to be a doctor!!! May God greatly bless her and use her to help people who are hurting!!! I wish I could be in the medical field; I faint when I see blood though so that put a stop to my wish pretty quickly.

(I would actually retire and sit at home and watch movie and play video games the whole day and let her do all the earning :shaytan: , I wouldnt mind doing a little housework)

Lol. I actually feel a little guilty not working full-time. if God wills, after Christmas, I hope to get a full-time job. :) However, if God wills when I have a baby, I'd like to work less than part-time and take care of my baby!!! :)

Seriously though I currently have a daughter, and I wouldn't trade her FOR ANY SON IN THE WORLD!,

Amen. That's awesome!!!

and InshAllah me and my wife are expecting another daughter in a couple of months. I hope and pray, pray, PRAY that Allah SWT Blesses me with a 3rd daughter,

Congratulations and may God bless you. If you have a son, would you thank God too? :) Both are awesome!!!

as Islam teaches that whoever is Blessed with 3 daughters, Allah Promises them Paradise! (that's the amount of Bliss that is honored to daughters in Islam)

That is interesting... I am not a Muslim you know but I have a question based on what you just wrote. My Dad has 4 daughters... does Islam teach that this is for only people who believe in what Muhammad said, or all men who are blessed with 3 daughters? Also, what if 4 daughters? Or 5? Just curious

Peace and God bless you

That is interesting... I am not a Muslim you know but I have a question based on what you just wrote. My Dad has 4 daughters... does Islam teach that this is for only people who believe in what Muhammad said, or all men who are blessed with 3 daughters? Also, what if 4 daughters? Or 5? Just curious

Peace and God bless you

Its Allah(swt) 's will, he will bestow everybody with the amount He/She did in this world.

The Islamic tradition brother is quoting comes with a condition, and the condition is "if he did the right upbringing". Upbringing part is really critical here, would you bring up your daughters like Fatima (as) or Zainab (as) or Mary (as) or would it be like some hollywood diva????

Number of daughters doesn't matter, as long as you bring up your daughter(s) with "right upbringing", you will qualify.

In Islam the word "ummah" meaning "nation" is coming from the word "umm" which is the same word for mother. According to Islamic teachings, righteous nation is built on the foundations of the righteous mothers. Hence in real Islam, (not the fake Wahabi cults) you see huge reverence and following of Fatima daughter of Muhammad (as), Khadija wife of Muhammad (as), Zainab daughter of Ali & Fatima (as), and Mary mother of Jesus (as) - may peace and blessing on them.

In Islamic teachings:

A Muslim woman once living in her father's house, brings heavenly peace in her parents house.

A Muslim woman once living in her husband's house, makes her home a heaven.

A Muslim woman once becomes mother, gets heavens under her feat.

No other culture or religion can compete Islam in the amount of respect and honor given to woman by Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

Salam,

NRI killing their daughters in Canada: http://www.lifenews....-alarming-rate/

Hindus killing their daughters in India: http://www.theatlant...-crisis/257672/

First genocide thread. now this: you sure don't ve anything againt india or hindus. Your hate can't hide in curtain of so called shia islam.

Here is the list of Honor Killing from around the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

(ps: No matter what you post to make india or hindus look bad: Do remember, I will find something to weaken your target.)

I think it's a very jahil (ignorant) mentality of that the man is the "provider" of the family and the woman is the "caretaker" of the house that people become joyous over male births as compared to the female. Unfortunatley even with increase of knowledge and education in society and the fact of EQUAL AND BETTER job opportunities for women compared tot he past, this mentality is unfortunately still lying in the conscious. And this occurs in a LOT of societies, not just Indian.

I mean I dont get why people are just so ignorant. I'm currently an engineer, and my wife is training to become a doctor. When InshAllah she does become one she is set to make almost 3-4 times what I earn currently, AND I AM TOTALLY OKAY WITH THAT, hell I would be ecstatic, (I would actually retire and sit at home and watch movie and play video games the whole day and let her do all the earning :shaytan: , I wouldnt mind doing a little housework)

Seriously though I currently have a daughter, and I wouldn't trade her FOR ANY SON IN THE WORLD!, and InshAllah me and my wife are expecting another daughter in a couple of months. I hope and pray, pray, PRAY that Allah SWT Blesses me with a 3rd daughter, as Islam teaches that whoever is Blessed with 3 daughters, Allah Promises them Paradise! (that's the amount of Bliss that is honored to daughters in Islam)

Its very nice/pleasing to hear such words from a muslim father.

BTW I must say shiachat should arrange some sort of medal for sister christian lady, she is a real posting machine.

Edited by killingsoul

Hello Kirmani,

Maybe that is a part of it. However, I believe that man is the provider of the house and that woman is the caretaker of the house, and I would be so happy having either a girl or a boy baby!!!

Right now, my wonderful amazing husband is working while I am at the moment enjoying not working. Do you think that is ignorant? I do work a little bit but less than part-time. I also do the laundry and the cleaning and some of the cooking. :) However, I do not believe that boys to be superior to girls at all. I believe that both are equal.

LOL no I dont think that's ignorant, my criticism was aimed at the people who thought that the woman strictly belongs in the household and nowhere else, if that's her choice then great either way, as long as its her choice!

Amen. That's awesome!!!

Congratulations and may God bless you. If you have a son, would you thank God too? :) Both are awesome!!!

thanks, of course I would thank God, but I'd may take it on the son whenever he misbehaves by making him feel guilty by saying "I may not be going to Heaven because of YOU!"

loool jk

Peace and God bless you

Well the tradition says "Whoever Allah has Blessed with", so take what you want from that :)

Islam teaches that God is full of Mercy, and how there is one famous incident of where a Jewish woman (i.e NOT a believer in Islam) saw a dog dying of thirst in the desert, and then quickly gave it something to drink, and how God liked this ONE act so much that He Gave her paradise. So as long as your dad is a good human being I'd say he is in a good position ^_^

But like Waiting For HIM said, it's not just getting 3 daughters and then having a free license to do what you want :lol: , it's about remaining a good person after that and raising your daughters right.