Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

A Hindu Guru In Iraq: Friendship & Peace For Iraq

Rate this topic

Aftahb

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: http://en.wikipedia....iritual_leader)

The Art of Living: https://www.facebook...tOfLivingGlobal

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Visit to Iraq

Video:

Articles:

http://www.artoflivi...sage-peace-iraq

http://www.montrealy...isits-iraq.html

SRI SRI RAVI SHANKAR VISITED HOLY SHRINES IN NAJAF and KARBALA

iraq-india-2008-12-23-8-4-22.jpg

184100_527806263912099_62160644_n.jpg

post-87346-0-62129600-1349369691_thumb.j

iraq-india-2008-12-23-8-4-16.jpg

iraq-srisri2.jpg

With Ayatollah Hendi al Najafi

pic-p153-c2.jpg

with Sayed Abdallah Al-Musawi

22nlook2.jpg

According to Shia fiqh, those outside of the Ahlul Kitaab (People of the Book i.e. Christians, Jews, Sabians, etc.) are considered najis. What the brother said isn't incorrect, there's no need for your sarcasm.

and is there a need for you to be a bone in kabab!

Edited by Aftahb

• Veteran Member

According to Shia fiqh, those outside of the Ahlul Kitaab (People of the Book i.e. Christians, Jews, Sabians, etc.) are considered najis. What the brother said isn't incorrect, there's no need for your sarcasm.

So according to shia fiqh then 90+% of God's creation are najis? Why make most of creation najis?

I laughed when he said "Iraq and India have had such a long standing relationship"....Iraqis consider calling someone "hindi" an insult!

He ws referring to shia migration.. when shias were easily trashed in iraq.. many ran away to india for better life bc North India had a vry powerful Shia Kingdom and even today shia people find peace and support in north india. Iraqs of today are too different from old iraqis plus they dont knw much of the history :(

• Veteran Member

I laughed when he said "Iraq and India have had such a long standing relationship"....Iraqis consider calling someone "hindi" an insult!

Yes and at the same time most in the region consider American or a British a complement. Talk about deep rooted inferiority complex.

Don't ask me, I merely follow the teachings of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) to my abilities. My opinion on the matter is irrelevant, take it up with Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, His representatives, or someone more knowledgeable than myself.

Fi aman Allah

Allah (J)'s representative? Who is it?

I dont need a scientist to tell me that sunlight has a warm feel to it. You also do not need a scholar to tell you about such things. Its common sense. no? Say that you are a carpenter. And 95% of the products you make are faulty. What does that say about you as a carpenter? What does your statement about others being najis say about Allah (J) where majority of his creation is deemed as faulty? think about it.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

He also visited Sheikh Muhammad al-Yaqoobi, one of the respected Maraja' of Najaf.

001.jpg

Ayatollah Hendi? His name is Sheikh Basheer al-Najafi (or al-Bakistani).

(wasalam)

Yes you are right..... His name is Ayatullah Bashir Hussain najafi

• Advanced Member

Some Shiachat members in disguise of Shias but actually Wahabis trying to spread fitna. What is your problem when the Marjas do not have problem with this guy, and he also visited Imam Ali (as) and Imam Hussain (as) shrines? You all think you are more higher than these marjas. Shut your mouths and your Pcs if you do not have tolerance.

Imam Ali (as) said

A person is either your brotherin faith or your equal in humanity. ~ Imam Ali (as).

Guys educate yourself and try to be mannered Shia at least than filthy wahabis who are more najis than kaffirs.

(bismillah)

For those who are offended, check the sites of your maraji' who also state that they are najis, and some even consider modern Ahlul Kitab members as najis. No need to get offended and name call.

When there are numerous, explicit sahih narratuons of the Imams (as) stating that those who are not among Ahlul-Kitab are najis, and explicit fatawa of esteemed maraji' including Ayatollahs Sistani, Khamenai and al-Haidari, among others, that suffices as proof for me that they are ritually impure. This does not mean they are bad people or that I or the above-mentioned figures are intolerant, but rather that the non-Kitabis are, from the point of view of jurisprudence, impure.

My apologies if any of my posts have come off as rude or condescending, I ask forgiveness from those who feel this way.

Ahadith

Sayyed Sistani [ha]

Sayyed Khamenai [ha] (Click on Purity > Rules of Non-Muslims).

Fi aman Allah

Edited by AlAbd AlThaleel

seriously whats the big deal about this hindu guru, these people have a specific target market that they cater to, its not like he would tell these shias anything new that their ulemas already didnt know...

but treating him like a guest of honor in the holy shrines? is a bit tooo much....i myself want to go to najaf soo much but since i dont consider myself a muslim i have to respect the sanctity of the place and keep away from it...

this is not fair...i will complain to maula Ali about his so called shias

^^^ AHhh Ayatollah Al-Uzma Sheikh hafiz Basher Hussain al Najafi : Birth Jalandhar, India : Migrated to Pakistan after partition.

http://en.wikipedia...._Hussain_Najafi

He is Hendi by birth, other titles were added much later. No need to make fuss.

(salam)

I didn't 'make a fuss'. I was just pointing out that he has at no point been called 'Hendi'.

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

I really like this guy, its good this face is representing indians in iraq as its a fresh break from the likes of modi and puroshottam oak.

To those who are saying he is najis, thats unlikely as he follows advaita vedanta philosophy which believes in one God (only that He is everything).

• Advanced Member

I didn't say anything about the man personally, I just said he's Najis (which you should know by now) and I hoped that he didn't get any of his sweat on the shrines.

I don't care who he is, but the other Shi'a visitor visiting their Imam (as) have a priority in doing so and shouldn't go with the doubts that he got ANY part of the Shrine Najis. Iraq is a hot country, you can sweat easily.

Shi'as first, everyone else second.

Think of your brothers first instead of some Mushrik, no matter how nice that Mushrik is.

Allah (J)'s representative? Who is it?

I dont need a scientist to tell me that sunlight has a warm feel to it. You also do not need a scholar to tell you about such things. Its common sense. no? Say that you are a carpenter. And 95% of the products you make are faulty. What does that say about you as a carpenter? What does your statement about others being najis say about Allah (J) where majority of his creation is deemed as faulty? think about it.

These are basic Tahara rules, I can't believe some people still don't understand it.

• Veteran Member

Shi'as first, everyone else second.

Persians first, everyone else second.

Jews first, everyone else second

Nazis first, everyone else second

Arabs first, everyone else second

Whites first, everyone else second

Its this pattern of thinking thats faulty and the source of evil and evil unto itself than its petty content.

I believe that one should leave such judgements altogether to God but if we feel important enough to judge then a better way to do so is to judge by one's actions. This so called najis individual is closer to God (judging by his actions) than 100s of crooked shias I know. Not to mention that the holy shrine is made by man, and the 'najis' by God.

• Advanced Member

Persians first, everyone else second.

Jews first, everyone else second

Nazis first, everyone else second

Arabs first, everyone else second

Whites first, everyone else second

Its this pattern of thinking thats faulty and the source of evil and evil unto itself than its petty content.

I believe that one should leave such judgements altogether to God but if we feel important enough to judge then a better way to do so is to judge by one's actions. This so called najis individual is closer to God (judging by his actions) than 100s of crooked shias I know. Not to mention that the holy shrine is made by man, and the 'najis' by God.

It's in the Qur'an, so the Qur'an is a source of evil by saying this?

Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.

( ÓæÑÉ Âá ÚãÑÇä , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #28)"

O you who believe! do not take for intimate friends from among others than your own people; they do not fall short of inflicting loss upon you; they love what distresses you; vehement hatred has already appeared from out of their mouths, and what their breasts conceal is greater still; indeed, We have made the communications clear to you, if you will understand.

( ÓæÑÉ Âá ÚãÑÇä , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #118)

O you who believe! do not take the unbelievers for friends rather than the believers; do you desire that you should give to Allah a manifest proof against yourselves?

( ÓæÑÉ ÇáäÓÇÁ , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #144)

It seems pretty clear, Shi'as first.

• Veteran Member

It's in the Qur'an, so the Qur'an is a source of evil by saying this?

Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.

( ÓæÑÉ Âá ÚãÑÇä , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #28)"

O you who believe! do not take for intimate friends from among others than your own people; they do not fall short of inflicting loss upon you; they love what distresses you; vehement hatred has already appeared from out of their mouths, and what their breasts conceal is greater still; indeed, We have made the communications clear to you, if you will understand.

( ÓæÑÉ Âá ÚãÑÇä , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #118)

O you who believe! do not take the unbelievers for friends rather than the believers; do you desire that you should give to Allah a manifest proof against yourselves?

( ÓæÑÉ ÇáäÓÇÁ , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #144)

This is a caveman-like interpretation of Quran. No offense. To a caveman everyone outside his cave are/were outsiders and potential enemies (or non believers).The guy goes to the shrine and pays his respect as opposed to the opposite. That right there for me is a sign of belief and not disbelief.

That said, its fascinating to see that we let our own creation (shrine) supersede God's creation (this 'najis' guy). Isnt that Idolatry on steroids?

• Advanced Member

This is a caveman-like interpretation of Quran. No offense. To a caveman everyone outside his cave are/were outsiders and potential enemies (or non believers).The guy goes to the shrine and pays his respect as opposed to the opposite. That right there for me is a sign of belief and not disbelief.

That said, its fascinating to see that we let our own creation (shrine) supersede God's creation (this 'najis' guy). Isnt that Idolatry on steroids?

Again, I didn't say anything about his character/akhlaaq. I just said he's najis. It's nothing offensive, that's just the rule.

Get it?

Edited by Al-Afasy

• Veteran Member

This is also a faulty outlook and far from clear.

Look at the following Shia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrKrNEag1E4

(they humiliate Afghan refugees by making them hit their heads and promise not to return to Iran)

Compare that to the dignified treatment millions of Mulism or Shia refugees get in these 'infidel' societies. Now who should logically be closer to God? The subhuman shia from the video or the humane infidels?

Again, I didn't say anything about his character/akhlaaq. I just said he's najis. It's nothing offensive, that's just the rule.

Get it?

The ruling doesnt stand the test of common sense and logic. Hence, faulty and irrelevant and subject to reform.

• Advanced Member

Not sure what you two are arguing about, or why wahdat is not understanding.

If the man is a polytheist, by Islamic Law, any wetness from him is considered najis, and anything that wetness touches becomes najis. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

This is not my law, this isn't your law, that is Allah's law...

What's the argument about again?