Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
roseofkarbala

Sunnis And Shias- Can We Just Unite...?

Rate this topic

Sunnis...why do you hate us and call us rawafidh?

Shias.....why is it so important to prove Sunnis wrong and classify Aisha, Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman as our enemies...?

Per my understanding, Imam Ali (as) was never hostile towards Aisha even after the Battle of the Camel and he wasn't hostile towards Abu Bakr and Umar either to avoid dividing muslims. Isn't there an important lesson to take from that?

Can't we just agree to disagree? Can't us Shias just continue following the message of the Prophet (pbuh) through ahlulbayt and Sunnis continue to follow Prophet's message through Abu Bakr and Umar...

Sunnis...why do you hate us SOO MUCH just because we love ahlulbayt?

When will Shias stop getting killed in the Middle East because of this? Will we ever live in peace as muslim brothers and sisters?

mmmmmmh yes wouldn't that be tthe loveliest thing. to bad we have to be worrying about uniting Muslims when we should be uniting diffrent faiths, like Christians and Muslims. Because even if they aren't our brothers in faith they are our brothers in Humanity. And believe it or not, both Sunnis and Shias are Muslim :D and of the SAME faith

Shias.....why is it so important to prove Sunnis wrong and classify Aisha, Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman as our enemies...?

shia sunni unity is haram in islam. sunnism is incomplete without praising the enemies of shiites and shiism is incomplete without cursing beloved personalities of sunnis .

Edited by singham

I just had top like every reply here, because this is the truth.

Unity isnt going to work, but we can always stay away from fighting and have a sort of peace. As it were mentioned here, i do have sunni friends and they respect my religion as i do respect their choise of thought. No need for fighting because that wont help us solve anything.

Because in every sect there are people who will be listened/make money when they will talk about division/fight/abuse/hate. Like no one is interested in your thread..... we like hot/juicy/controvercial things. Not to mention shiachat shia sunni dialogue is most active section.

shia sunni unity is haram in islam. sunnism is incomplete without praising the enemies of shiites and shiism is incomplete without cursing beloved personalities of sunnis .

LOL...I hope you know whats haraam and hallal....

When You Know the Book, You shall know to differ between them ...Hence was revealed in Truth

OP - Good idea.

Sunnis and Shias should (MUST) unit.

We must Unite on Islam though. According to the Quran and Hadith:

Islam is Oneness of Allah, Prophethood of Muhammad, Leadership of Ali, and Triumph of Mehdi.

Let's unite on Islam.

Edited by Waiting for HIM

OP - Sunnis and Shias should (MUST) unit.

We must Unite on Islam though. According to the Quran and Hadith:

Islam is Oneness of Allah, Prophethood of Muhammad, Leadership of Ali, and Triumph of Mehdi.

Let's unite on Islam.

Say La Illaha Illalah Muhammadhan RasoolAllah...

Alhamdullah..

Islam is Oneness of Allah, Prophethood of Muhammad, Leadership of Truthful Ones.

Do You believe in Unity brother.?

Peace Between the Brothers.?

unity and peaceful co-existence are two totally differerent things. we shia and sunni cant unite but however we can peacefully co-exist by tolerating each others beliefs.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Unity with Rawafid ?

The shia regimes have killed and persecuted many in Iran... Iraq... and Hezbulat, Khameini and Bashar are slaughtering my brothers in syria...

not to mention the attempts on Saudi by supporting bahrain shias and houthi shi'tes

NO UNITY NEVER !! WE CAN NEVER UNITE WITH THE ENEMIES WITHIN...

The shia regimes have killed and persecuted many in Iran... Iraq... and Hezbulat, Khameini and Bashar are slaughtering my brothers in syria...

not to mention the attempts on Saudi by supporting bahrain shias and houthi shi'tes

And what have you done to help your brothers?

Inciting hate on a forum wont help.

poor guy

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Brother just like how a sunni regime doesn't represent sunnis...a shia regime doesn't represent shias...

I like how you put your whole focus on the crimes of shia regimes but totally ignore what the sunni regimes have done..in Iraq with Saddam torturing practically the whole population including killing many of my family members (how most sunnis still consider him a hero..I can't comprehend that)..

How Saudi's regime sent their soldiers to Bahrain to help kill protesters in their homes at night..how Bahrain's regime oppresses its own people..how the crimes of Al Qaeda and Taliban are practically the only reason why non Muslims hate us in the west...they've done much much wrong and this intolerance is the reason for all the bloodshed in the middle east and Islamophobia in the west..

I'm shia and I completely denounce the Assad regime for their crimes and denounce anyone who helps them...the lives of innocent civilians CANNOT be more important than politics..I also denounce the rebels for the crimes they commit against innocent shia civilians..

Be careful who you call rawafid brother, just because we love ahlulbayt, doesn't make us non muslim..makes us pure muslims..

Everyday, 5 times a day, you send salawat to ahlulbayt in your SALAT...or do you ignore that part?

(salam)

Tabarra is wajib.

Edit: This is not to say we shouldn't be friendly. One of the main reasons I became a Shia was because of the friendliness of the Shias I knew (coming from a heavily anti-raafidi wahhabi-oriented ideology). However, we should not compromise our values either. I won't do l'an on certain people when Sunnis are around, but I refuse to praise them either. Unless in taqiyyah.

Mashallah! I'm assuming after meeting friendly shias, you started some research. May I ask what main parts of your research made you become shia? Like what broke the ice for you in the beginning..I've met many wahhabi oriented muslims and it just seems hopeless..

unity and peaceful co-existence are two totally differerent things. we shia and sunni cant unite but however we can peacefully co-exist by tolerating each others beliefs.

I guess this is the more realistic approach..To peacefully co-exist!

Im a former sunni; I'm shia now but most of my friends are sunni and they love me and i love them. Haters are gonna hate no matter what religion or sect they are :P

Trueee..haters gonna hate.. :) Sister! I must also ask you, if you don't mind sharing..what made you become shia?

Mashallah! I'm assuming after meeting friendly shias, you started some research. May I ask what main parts of your research made you become shia? Like what broke the ice for you in the beginning..I've met many wahhabi oriented muslims and it just seems hopeless..

It's a long story :P

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/235006541-hayya-alal-islaami/

Imam Ali(as) advised: that if he is not your brother in faith he is your brother in humanity' Letter 53 Nahjulbalagha

What Shias think of sunni/wahabi/anyone nonshia

Per my understanding, Imam Ali (as) was never hostile towards Aisha even after the Battle of the Camel and he wasn't hostile towards Abu Bakr and Umar either to avoid dividing muslims. Isn't there an important lesson to take from that?

Salam,

To answer your first question, it is the Sunnah of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, prophets (as), last prophet (pbuh), and aimah (as) to denounce arrogant, manipulative, dictatorial, blood succors of humanity. So do we in their Sunnah and hence we talk about the Firouns and Nimroods of post Prophet Muhammd (pbuh) times. These include umer, bakr, muawaih, usman, and the whole chain of criminals after them till this day.

To answer your second question, Hubb Fillah (love for the sake of Allah) and Bughz Fillah (dislike for the sake of Allah) is the most fundamental part of Islam, is instructed in Quran starting from the Sura Al Hamd, and then throughout in Quran. Also if you read Hadith from Prophet and sayings of Imams including Nahjulbalagha, you will find multiple times when Imam Ali (as) is denouncing the dictators of Islam including the two transgressors umer and bakr.

Yes we should unite, as long as Sunnis accept that their is diversity in Islam and that some follow prophet through Ahlulbayt and some through others.

Shias have never been a blocker in the way of Muslim unity; in fact current Shias are the biggest facilitator of Muslim unity.

I never expected, such arrogance and hatred and ignorance...Amongst Ourselves.

all my friends are Sunni I don't have one single Shia friend in the U.S and we are great. It's ideology of wahabi that start giving out fatwas trying to disunite us. I want unity brother, but we have to acknowledge that fact that discussions are okay and merly intellectual. It's good to have discussions between one another, that's how you get closer. I hope one day we reach unity, when Imam Mehdi comes inshAllah for sure!

all my friends are Sunni I don't have one single Shia friend in the U.S and we are great. It's ideology of wahabi that start giving out fatwas trying to disunite us. I want unity brother, but we have to acknowledge that fact that discussions are okay and merly intellectual. It's good to have discussions between one another, that's how you get closer. I hope one day we reach unity, when Imam Mehdi comes inshAllah for sure!

Nice, Alhamdullah, I hope too, InshaAllah we reach ISLAM until Imam Mehdi (may Allah hasten his appereance)...

Edited by ateef

we are already trying too gather the umma of nabi a.s ... im a suni and my teacher dr tahir ul qadri hav done so much for the unity many shias deobandis respect him .... i say its beter to unite on the name of ahly bait a.s rather then figthing on the name of sahaba r.a