Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
roseofkarbala

Sunnis And Shias- Can We Just Unite...?

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, power said:

Historically fitnah had begun soon  after Rauslillah  (pbuh@hf) demsie. And unfortunately it still rages on because  of what the fitnah mongers had started 1400 years ago. And as for unity, which branch of Sunnism are calling for unity?? For the 12vrs  unity is not a problem, It's more of a problem for the Sunnis. I strongly believe if any sect from sunnism call for unity they will be strongly reprimand by the other sects of Sunnis, They may denounce such sect from Sunni who want to unite with the Shia's.

For those who are calling for unity whether it be a Shia or a Sunni, what would be the basis of process of unity?? 

(6:57) Say: 'I take stand upon a clear evidence from my Lord and it is that which you have given the lie to. That which you desire to be hastened is not within my power. Judgement lies with Allah alone. He declares the Truth, and He is the best judge.'

3 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

(6:57) Say: 'I take stand upon a clear evidence from my Lord and it is that which you have given the lie to. That which you desire to be hastened is not within my power. Judgement lies with Allah alone. He declares the Truth, and He is the best judge.'

The basis is very evident and clear brothers. It is "Stand against the Enemy UNITED". Stand against the Imperialistic powers, Israel, America, Saudi Arabia, Britain and others who are creating a havoc for the Ummah.

Stand Together and fight them on all ground. Otherwise forget about the Reappearance of Imam Mahdi (ajfs) (as we Shias have a firm belief on this).

31 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

(2:141) They were a people who have passed away and they shall be repaid for what they earned and you for what you earn: you will not be questioned as to what they did.

Surah Ya Seen, Verse 12:
إِنَّا نَحْنُ نُحْيِي الْمَوْتَىٰ وَنَكْتُبُ مَا قَدَّمُوا وَآثَارَهُمْ وَكُلَّ شَيْءٍ أَحْصَيْنَاهُ فِي إِمَامٍ مُّبِينٍ

Surely We give life to the dead, and We write down what they have sent before and their footprints, and We have recorded everything in a clear writing.
(English - Shakir)

Following the footprints of those who err is not a good idea brother.

Edited by Salsabeel

Having read all the comments, so far: I would say that Tolerance, as opposed to Persecution, is The Key, here! Despite the differences between Shia and Sunni: I still say that we should not be fighting! Because this is what Non-Muslims want us to do!

1 hour ago, Waseem162 said:

Stand Together and fight them on all ground. Otherwise forget about the Reappearance of Imam Mahdi (ajfs) (as we Shias have a firm belief on this).

Can you explain from where you have brought this thing? Is the reappearance of Imam Mahdi (atfs) dependent upon unity with sunnis?

34 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

Surah Ya Seen, Verse 12:
إِنَّا نَحْنُ نُحْيِي الْمَوْتَىٰ وَنَكْتُبُ مَا قَدَّمُوا وَآثَارَهُمْ وَكُلَّ شَيْءٍ أَحْصَيْنَاهُ فِي إِمَامٍ مُّبِينٍ

Surely We give life to the dead, and We write down what they have sent before and their footprints, and We have recorded everything in a clear writing.
(English - Shakir)

Following the footprints of those who err is not a good idea brother.

Yes i agree

1 minute ago, SunniBrother said:

Yes i agree

Then you also agree with the need of knowing those who do not err! 

And it also originates the need to know & keep in mind those who err in past so that we may not follow their footprints unknowingly.

And there has to be some protected ones who are protected by Allah & who do not err.

1 hour ago, SunniBrother said:

Relevance of this verse with unity?

(22:69) Allah will judge between you concerning that about which you differ".

Will Allah swt question those who are on haq?

11 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Can you explain from where you have brought this thing? Is the reappearance of Imam Mahdi (atfs) dependent upon unity with sunnis?

Reappearance of Imam Mahdi depends upon the fight against oppression and the steadfastness of the entire Muslim Ummah to fight the oppressors together. Imam will not come just for Shias. He will come for the entire humanity especially for Muslim Ummah.

If you want to let go off the fight, then keep chilling on your sofa and keep praying for his (a.s) reappearance in your Salah without taking any fruitful social measure.

Unity within the Muslim Ummah is the solution to fight against all the Global Arrogant Powers, Once the Muslims are ready to fight against the oppressor under one Name, the Imam will come InshaAllah to guide us all to salvation.

This is what has been told to us by our Marajes. This is why they are calling for Unity. Its for Imam. Its for Salvation of Mankind.

1 minute ago, Waseem162 said:

Reappearance of Imam Mahdi depends upon the fight against oppression and the steadfastness of the entire Muslim Ummah to fight the oppressors together. Imam will not come just for Shias. He will come for the entire humanity especially for Muslim Ummah.

If you want to let go off the fight, then keep chilling on your sofa and keep praying for his (a.s) reappearance in your Salah without taking any fruitful social measure.

Unity within the Muslim Ummah is the solution to fight against all the Global Arrogant Powers, Once the Muslims are ready to fight against the oppressor under one Name, the Imam will come InshaAllah to guide us all to salvation.

This is what has been told to us by our Marajes. This is why they are calling for Unity. Its for Imam. Its for Salvation of Mankind.

That's what I'm asking where did you brought this 'Unity is for reappearance of Imam Mahdi (atfs)' thing. Provide me with ahadith because you have made a big claim. 

(2:141) They were a people who have passed away and they shall be repaid for what they earned and you for what you earn: you will not be questioned as to what they did.

Are you suggesting i shouldn't speak against the atrocities that was carried out by Yazeed (lan)? Or those criminals  who had killed the innocent Muslims? Is that what you are implying? 

Edited by power

1 hour ago, Waseem162 said:

The basis is very evident and clear brothers. It is "Stand against the Enemy UNITED". Stand against the Imperialistic powers, Israel, America, Saudi Arabia, Britain and others who are creating a havoc for the Ummah.

What about the enemies of Ahlulbayt? What about the first people (i.e. "respected figures of sunni brothers,") who created havoc among the Ummah? Do we shut up about them for the sake of Unity?

10 minutes ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

What about the enemies of Ahlulbayt? What about the first people (i.e. "respected figures of sunni brothers,") who created havoc among the Ummah? Do we shut up about them for the sake of Unity?

Your logic is paradoxical. If we go ahead with your logic (which is the logic of corrupt deviants - yasir and Co.) then we all will just end up cursing and nothing else. Imam will still be in Ghaybah.

3 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

Your logic is paradoxical. If we go ahead with your logic (which is the logic of corrupt deviants - yasir and Co.) then we all will just end up cursing and nothing else. Imam will still be in Ghaybah.

So instead, lets love the enemies of the Imam, and the enemies of the fathers of the Imam, and forget the commands of the Prophet (saw), and the Mahdi will be out of ghaybah!

Just now, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

So instead, lets love the enemies of the Imam, and the enemies of the fathers of the Imam, and forget the commands of the Prophet (saw), and the Mahdi will be out of ghaybah!

Your vision is myopic because you are sick of listening to Yasir's and his company's lectures.

You think by cursing those people you can do any good to Ummah and Imam Mahdi.

You are at loss if you think this.

Instead cover up. Those who have done grave mistakes and oppression will be thrown to Hell Fire by Allah. That is final call.

But would your open curses do any good to Muslim Ummah?? We are minority. We need support of the masses to fight the Wahhabi Ideology. And better peace! You come up with more disunity.

Those people who did tyranny are gone, be it Muwawiyah or someone else. Look ahead, I don't say stop disassociating with them. But everything has a way. And the way is well told to us. Look ahead and Unite people. Work together to fight the taghoot of the time.

Only then Imam will come. Otherwise those who have gone will again prevent Muslim Ummah to prosper. Don't you want Imam to come and reveal the Ultimate truth to every Muslim so he comes on right path????

43 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

That's what I'm asking where did you brought this 'Unity is for reappearance of Imam Mahdi (atfs)' thing. Provide me with ahadith because you have made a big claim. 

1. http://english.khamenei.ir/news/4756/Imam-Ali-a-s-is-the-symbol-of-unity-among-Muslims-Ayatollah

2. http://english.khamenei.ir/news/5005/The-message-of-Islam-is-a-message-of-unity-security-and-brotherhood

3. http://english.khamenei.ir/news/4433/What-is-Imam-Khamenei-s-definition-of-Islamic-Unity

4. http://english.khamenei.ir/news/4439/What-are-material-and-spiritual-benefits-of-Islamic-Unity-Ayatollah

Try to listen Hasan Nasrallah, Hashim al Haydari and Imam Khamenei to learn more about how Muslim Unity will hasten the reappearance.

Some things are natural and people of insight see it like our Maraje (Max of them).

20 hours ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Al-Kulayni, Kitab al-Kafi, Volume two, Page 375

4 - محمد بن يحيى، عن محمد بن الحسين، عن أحمد بن محمد بن أبي نصر، عن داود ابن سرحان، عن أبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) قال: قال رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله): إذا رأيتم أهل الريب والبدع من بعدي فأظهر والبراءة منهم وأكثروا من سبهم والقول فيهم والوقيعة وباهتوهم (2) كيلا يطمعوا في الفساد في الاسلام ويحذرهم الناس ولا يتعلمون من بدعهم يكتب الله لكم بذلك الحسنات ويرفع لكم به الدرجات في الآخرة.
4. Muhammad bin Yahya, from Muhammad bin Husayn, from Ahmad bin Muhammad bin Abi Nasr, from Dawud bin Sarhan, from Abi Abdillah al-Ja'far (as) who said: Rasulullah (saw) said: "If you see the people of doubt and innovation after me, then make clear your disassociation from them, and increase their insulting and oppose (them) and bring evidences against them so they may not become greedy in bringing fasad (corruption) to Islam. You must warn people against them and do not learn their bid’ah (innovation). Allah will write for you hasanaat (good deeds) for this, and will raise your darajaat (levels) in the next life”
 َ

Why would I want unity when Rasulullah (saw) has told me otherwise???

@Waseem162

Edited by Mansur Bakhtiari

1 hour ago, ManofIslam said:

Having read all the comments, so far: I would say that Tolerance, as opposed to Persecution, is The Key, here! Despite the differences between Shia and Sunni: I still say that we should not be fighting! Because this is what Non-Muslims want us to do!

I agree with you on "tolerance" (but not on the word "non-muslims" in the last line).

The Prophet(s) attracted people to himself through his good behaviour.

3 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

I know unity is stressed by many scholars. But you didn't answer what I ask you. You think that unity with sunnis will make Imam Zamana (atfs) to reappear. But this is an empty claim and you failed to support it with evidences (ahadith in this case). 

5 minutes ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

If you see the people of doubt and innovation after me, then make clear your disassociation from them, and increase their insulting and oppose (them) and bring evidences against them so they may not become greedy in bringing fasad (corruption) to Islam.

How is this different from wahhabis? Also, I heard that Twelver Shias used to steal shoes at the time of the Prophet Muhammad (S)

Just now, SunniBrother said:

How is this different from wahhabis? 

How is it similar?

Also, I heard that Twelver Shias used to steal shoes at the time of the Prophet Muhammad (S)

Hilarious.

5 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

How is this different from wahhabis? Also, I heard that Twelver Shias used to steal shoes at the time of the Prophet Muhammad (S)

This narration cannot be authentic because it clearly contradicts Quran and is against "sirah" of the Prophet (s) and Imams (a). A true muslim doesnt insult or use bad language.

3 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

Really. I heard that the Twelver Shias where stealing Shoes at the time of Prophet (S) when they where in Medina.

This also cannot be true. Because there were no sunnis or shias when the Prophet was alive.

Edited by shadow_of_light

Really. I heard that the Twelver Shias where stealing Shoes at the time of Prophet (S) when they where in Medina.

May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى forgive them if they did. This atleast confirms that twelver shia existed at the time of prophet (sawa). 

1 minute ago, shadow_of_light said:

This narration cannot be authentic because it clearly contradicts Quran and is against "sirah" of the Prophet (s) and Imams (a). A true muslim doesnt insult or use bad language.

Imam Ali (May Allah ennoble his face)never insulted or used foul language.

3 minutes ago, shadow_of_light said:

That is a 'sahih' narration.