Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
race

Temporary Marriage Question

Rate this topic

As-salaam mulaikum brothers. I cant seem to find a fatwa from on of the marja on how much temporary marriage can you do at that time. Since Quran allows for up to four marriages at one time, I was thinking if its the same case with temporary marrriage or there is an exception to this rule. Also how many permanent marriages is one allowed to do in Islam. Just as an example, if a man has four wives and all of them die, then he marries four another. Is there a limit?

Salam Personally i do not beleive that there is such thing as temporary marriage and if there is then why do girls have to wear hijab and where is the proof in the Quran? It does not make sense at all. Second thing you can marry 4 but under conditions that is said in the Quran. Third thing does your heart even allow you to marry another woman.

As-salaam mulaikum brothers. I cant seem to find a fatwa from on of the marja on how much temporary marriage can you do at that time. Since Quran allows for up to four marriages at one time, I was thinking if its the same case with temporary marrriage or there is an exception to this rule. Also how many permanent marriages is one allowed to do in Islam. Just as an example, if a man has four wives and all of them die, then he marries four another. Is there a limit?

There is no ceiling/ upper limit to temp. marriages; you can have as many contracts as you wish at one time.

Wait for a second---other members will soon post so many fatwas permitting it that your eyes will begin to water while reading them--

Salam Personally i do not beleive that there is such thing as temporary marriage and if there is then why do girls have to wear hijab and where is the proof in the Quran? It does not make sense at all. Second thing you can marry 4 but under conditions that is said in the Quran. Third thing does your heart even allow you to marry another woman.

What? You don't have to wear hijab in front of your husband (whether Mutah or Zawajtul). Second, are you talking about wearing the hijab being in the Quran or Mutah?

Walaikum us salaam. Not to be mean but since you lack knowledge, thats why you are thinking this way. Ask any scholar, he will tell you that temporary marriage was permissible during the beginning of Islam. The truth is that it is still permissible but according to hadiths, Umar banned it for political reasons. Below is the evidence from Quran and hadith. Wearing hijab is compulsary. Also, the temporary marriage has conditions and requirements as well. Following all the requirements as we have been given in the hadith , and not misuing it and conducting this marriage to save myself from sin, my heart permits it.

[Forbidden to you] are married woman, except what your right hand possesses. This Allah has written for you, and all other women besides these are permitted to you, so that you may seek them out with your wealth, seeking chastity and not fornication. So when you have contracted temporary marriage [istimt'atum] with them, then give them their words. There is no sin on you for whatever you agree to after this. Indeed, Allah is Knowing, Wise.

Al-Qur'an, Surah An-Nisa, Ayah 24

In Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3255, we read:

"Sabra al-Juhanni reported on the authority of his father that while he was with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon hm) he said: 0 people, I had permitted you to contract temporary marriage with women

Further on look at tafseer kabir, volume 4, page 41, Ali said: "Had Umar not banned Mut'ah then the only person to fornicate would be a wretched person."

Edited by race

What? You don't have to wear hijab in front of your husband (whether Mutah or Zawajtul). Second, are you talking about wearing the hijab being in the Quran or Mutah?

I meant if there is such thing as Zawaj Mutah -which i don't beleive in it and it is not true- then why do girls have to wear hijab in public in the first place? they can simply not wear it right? Also why do the devil has to hide under the title of Zawaj Mutah? It is obvious that it is not true and does not exist in Islam you know what i mean?

I meant if there is such thing as Zawaj Mutah -which i don't beleive in it and it is not true- then why do girls have to wear hijab in public in the first place? they can simply not wear it right? Also why do the devil has to hide under the title of Zawaj Mutah? It is obvious that it is not true and does not exist in Islam you know what i mean?

Sister --- do you have any idea what you are saying ??

Sister , Mutah is a type of marriage ( fixed term, or marriage with a pre-defined expiry date ) and it does not have to be done with a prostitute.

Edited by ילדת מלך

:D

I think sara01's point is: since you can get married and see people without their clothes, why wear clothes at all in public?

If it is Zawaj Mutah yes why not? Cause it is same as going to the club and sleeping with prostitutes. My point is Zawaj Mutah is not a marriage and does not exist.

Because you're not married to everyone? If you did Mutah with every single man in the world then that would make sense, otherwise what your saying is no different than saying "I can have a permanent marriage with anyone so why should I where a hijab in front of everyone?" You could even go further and say "I can get (permanently) married to anyone so why can't I have sex with anyone?"

A hijab is to cover your hair infront of those you're nor immediately related to. Sure, you can get married to anyone, but that doesn't mean that you are married to everyone. Furthermore, a woman can only have one husband, and it is only lawful for that husband (and immediate family) to see your hair and neck.

If you're speaking more for the purpose of a hijab, then:

Translation:

"It is important that you are aware that the hijab that has been prescribed by Islam is for the remembrance/wariness of your value. Every right that a man has a woman has. The right to vote, the right to receive votes, the right to own (property, finances, etc) in every form. In every field a right that a man has a woman has as well. However, there are things for men that are restricted to prevent what would lead to the corruption from the situations that go against the chastity of a woman, and there are things for women that are restricted that would lead to the deterioration of a woman's value in society. [The religion of] Islam intended to keep the humane nature of a woman protected, so that she is not a toy in the hands of men."

As for Zawaj Mutah existing, it is a fact that it exists. It is in the Quran, Sunnah, and many authenticated hadiths. The only 'argument' about it is that it is haraam because Umar declared it haraam during his time as sunni Caliph even though the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) declared it halal. So if you believe that Umar has more authority than the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and can make halal and haraam whatever he likes, then that's your decision, but it's haraam to make unlawful what Allah has made lawful and make lawful what Allah has made unlawful.

Sura Al-Ma'ida, Ayah 87:

"O you who have faith! Do not prohibit the good things that Allah has made lawful to you, and do not transgress. Indeed Allah does not like the transgressors."

If it is Zawaj Mutah yes why not? Cause it is same as going to the club and sleeping with prostitutes. My point is Zawaj Mutah is not a marriage and does not exist.

How is it the same as going to the club and sleeping with prostitutes? If you get a 'permanent' marriage and get a divorce, does that mean that your marriage was like going to a prostitute?

Also, you may not be aware of this, but Sunnis also have temporary marriage called Misyar, which is essentially Mutah that can be ended any time and the man has no financial obligation to the female.

What proof do you have its not true. There are many narrations supporting it and the companions of the prophet practised it. If something does not suit your interest, why do you say I dont believe it. The next time you know you will say I dont belive in the concept of prophethood, or heaven or hell or divorce. If you claim to be a muslim, you must believe in the authentic narrations as well as the Quran and they all support this type of marriage. A women can show her hair to the one she is married to whether permanent or fixed and not to any other man on the street. This is very simple to understand and I think the reason you are against Mutah is because you have just looked at one side of it where people misuse it. You dont have full knowledge of the rules and rights of the women in it. Many people misuse marriage and that is not a reason of rejecting something.

æ ÍóÏóøËóäóÇ ÇáúÍóÓóäõ ÇáúÍõáúæóÇäöíõø ÍóÏóøËóäóÇ ÚóÈúÏõ ÇáÑóøÒóøÇÞö ÃóÎúÈóÑóäóÇ ÇÈúäõ ÌõÑóíúÌò ÞóÇáó ÞóÇáó ÚóØóÇÁñ ÞóÏöãó ÌóÇÈöÑõ Èúäõ ÚóÈúÏö Çááóøåö ãõÚúÊóãöÑðÇ ÝóÌöÆúäóÇåõ Ýöí ãóäúÒöáöåö ÝóÓóÃóáóåõ ÇáúÞóæúãõ Úóäú ÃóÔúíóÇÁó Ëõãóø ÐóßóÑõæÇ ÇáúãõÊúÚóÉó ÝóÞóÇáó äóÚóãú ÇÓúÊóãúÊóÚúäóÇ Úóáóì ÚóåúÏö ÑóÓõæáö Çááóøåö Õóáóøì Çááóøåõ Úóáóíúåö æóÓóáóøãó æóÃóÈöí ÈóßúÑò æóÚõãóÑó

Ibn Jurayj reported from ‘Ataa’ that Jabir ibn Abdullah came to perform Umrah and we came to his abode. The people asked him about different things, then they mentioned the issue of muta’ah. Jabir ibn Abdullah said, “Yes, we performed muta’ah during the life of Rasulullah, Abu Bakr, and ‘Umar.”

[sahih Muslim 1405, some electronic editions 2496]

ÍóÏóøËóäöí ãõÍóãóøÏõ Èúäõ ÑóÇÝöÚò ÍóÏóøËóäóÇ ÚóÈúÏõ ÇáÑóøÒóøÇÞö ÃóÎúÈóÑóäóÇ ÇÈúäõ ÌõÑóíúÌò ÃóÎúÈóÑóäöí ÃóÈõæ ÇáÒõøÈóíúÑö ÞóÇáó ÓóãöÚúÊõ ÌóÇÈöÑó Èúäó ÚóÈúÏö Çááóøåö íóÞõæáõ ßõäóøÇ äóÓúÊóãúÊöÚõ ÈöÇáúÞóÈúÖóÉö ãöäú ÇáÊóøãúÑö æóÇáÏóøÞöíÞö ÇáúÃóíóøÇãó Úóáóì ÚóåúÏö ÑóÓõæáö Çááóøåö Õóáóøì Çááóøåõ Úóáóíúåö æóÓóáóøãó æóÃóÈöí ÈóßúÑò ÍóÊóøì äóåóì Úóäúåõ ÚõãóÑõ Ýöí ÔóÃúäö ÚóãúÑöæ Èúäö ÍõÑóíúËò

Jabir ibn Abdullah said, “We did muta’ah giving a handful of dates or flour as dower during the lifetime of Rasulullah and during the time of Abu Bakr until ‘Umar had forbidden it in the case of ‘Amr ibn Hurayth.”

[Muslim 1405, electronic version 2497]

ÍóÏóøËóäóÇ ãõÍóãóøÏõ Èúäõ ÈóÔóøÇÑò ÍóÏóøËóäóÇ ÛõäúÏóÑñ ÍóÏóøËóäóÇ ÔõÚúÈóÉõ Úóäú ÃóÈöí ÌóãúÑóÉó ÞóÇáó ÓóãöÚúÊõ ÇÈúäó ÚóÈóøÇÓò ÓõÆöáó Úóäú ãõÊúÚóÉö ÇáäöøÓóÇÁö ÝóÑóÎóøÕó ÝóÞóÇáó áóåõ ãóæúáðì áóåõ ÅöäóøãóÇ Ðóáößó Ýöí ÇáúÍóÇáö ÇáÔóøÏöíÏö æóÝöí ÇáäöøÓóÇÁö ÞöáóøÉñ Ãóæú äóÍúæóåõ ÝóÞóÇáó ÇÈúäõ ÚóÈóøÇÓò äóÚóãú

From Abi Jamrah who said that I heard Ibn ‘Abbas being asked about muta’ah with women and he permitted it. One of the freed-slaves of his said ‘That is only in severe cases and when women are scarce [or similar] and Ibn ‘Abbas said, “Yes!”

[Bukhari 5116 - Dar-us-Salam print]

æÇáãÍÕäÇÊ ãä ÇáäÓÇÁ ÅáÇ ãÇ ãáßÊ ÃíãÇäßã ßÊÇÈ Çááå Úáíßã æÃÍá áßã ãÇ æÑÇÁ Ðáßã Ãä ÊÈÊÛæÇ ÈÃãæÇáßã ãÍÕäíä ÛíÑ ãÓÇÝÍíä ÝãÇ ÇÓÊãÊÚÊã Èå ãäåä ÝÂÊæåä ÃÌæÑåä ÝÑíÖÉ æáÇ ÌäÇÍ Úáíßã ÝíãÇ ÊÑÇÖíÊã Èå ãä ÈÚÏ ÇáÝÑíÖÉ Åä Çááå ßÇä ÚáíãÇ ÍßíãÇ

Also (prohibited are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess: Thus hath
Allah
ordained (Prohibitions) against you:
Except for these, all others are lawful, provided ye seek (them in marriage) with gifts from your property,- desiring chastity, not lust, seeing that ye derive benefit from them
give them their dowers (at least) as prescribed
; but if, after a dower is prescribed, agree Mutually (to vary it), there is no blame on you, and
Allah
is All-knowing, All-wise.
(Musannaf Abd ar-Razzaq 14022)

Mashallah, you should tell our ulama who have studied this for decades and centuries and even Prophet himself and Ahlul Bayt the error of their ways.

u have to follow hijab because you cant do mutah with whole public?

it is possible with only oneperson and then rest of them will b non-mehram.