Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
5a49

Boycott Google And Youtube For Three Days

Rate this topic

I thought Google only gets money from pay-per-click, so no positive or negative impact on their financials if we just use them for email (gmail) or search. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know about the business model of YouTube and how they gets money from that, though...

Asalamu Alaikum,,

iv attempted to boycott youtube for the past 2 days,, but i broke it to watch this 4min clip of Sayed Ammar Nakshawani,,

im going to put the link because use might like to see it as well,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bROEjV42UfY&feature=share

Are you guys serious?

Boycotting an entire industry based of one idiotic video?

Google Inc is not responsible for the content of that video.

Responsibility lies in the author/director/producer etc...

Even so, why is there such an insanity of anger and outrage?

Because it offends you?

Do you not teach your own children that words cannot hurt?

Crying over and over again "I was offended, and I have rights!"

Nothing happens when you're get offended.

Nothing happens.

You cannot make arbitrary judgments on what you find offensive and then dictate that to an independent company.

In fact the same freedom of expression you are boycotting allows the videos of Islamic prayers, majalis, haj, and other ceremonies to be broadcasted without any filter or restriction.

Being offended is subjective; it has everything to do with you as an individual, or as a collective group, of a society, or a community;

it has everything to do with your moral conditioning; your religious beliefs;

what offends me, may not offend you and you would like to dictate a policy of offense?

Are you guys serious....

Guest Inaya

Because it offends you?

Nothing happens.

You cannot make arbitrary judgments on what you find offensive and then dictate that to an independent company.

In fact the same freedom of expression you are boycotting allows the videos of Islamic prayers, majalis, haj, and other ceremonies to be broadcasted without any filter or restriction.

Being offended is subjective; it has everything to do with you as an individual, or as a collective group, of a society, or a community;

what offends me, may not offend you and you would like to dictate a policy of offense?

Are you guys serious....

That makes no sense. What you said only shows how people these days have lost their respect for eachother, respect for their religious figures, their religion, and their morals. Where is humanity? Showing respect for eachother is something everyone should do, regardless of their religion. So you're saying that if something isn't offensice to YOU, it should be ok? That is quite selfish. If Prophet Isa (as) was mocked, I would be offended as well.

Why is there the need to mock other peoples religion? Prophet Muhammad saws is a revered person that is respected by both Muslims and non-Muslims. Every fool knows that mocking such a great figure will be offensive to the ones that love him. So it's clear this video was done on purpose just to create unrest among Muslims and non-Muslims, and even among Muslims themselves. It's a filthy act by hateful ignorants.

Anyway, the aggressive rage isn't something I agree with. Muslims should response in a peaceful and productive way, but still make clear that we don't accept such disrespect. I didn't even see the video, it's not a surprise to me. Islam is being mocked quite often here, this should only motivate us to prove them wrong.

@ Nerd

The thing is, Youtube IS against hate spreading. So why make an exception now? The movie makes those who hate islam, hate it even more. And the same applies to Muslims and their view. So the movie has obvious intentions and has little to do with "freedom of speech".

Boycotting Youtube is the only(peaceful) way to show them how we feel.

Edited by Wing

Where is humanity? Showing respect for eachother is something everyone should do, regardless of their religion.

Yes I agree with you; the video post is obscene and vulgar and idiotic and people should strive for mutual respect.

But please understand that by keeping the video available doesn't mean that Google Inc, Youtube or other companies support the content of that video.

They support a kind of freedom of speech not available in other areas of the world.

I simply support the value of speech rather than the value of censorship.

@Wing

It has everything to do with freedom of speech; it truly honestly does.

For areas in which this is considered hate speech thus a hate crime Youtube has blocked the video.

See this article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/18/youtube-innocence-muslims-saudi-arabia_n_1894691.html

Guest Inaya

Yes I agree with you; the video post is obscene and vulgar and idiotic and people should strive for mutual respect.

But please understand that by keeping the video available doesn't mean that Google Inc, Youtube or other companies support the content of that video.

They support a kind of freedom of speech not available in other areas of the world.

I simply support the value of speech rather than the value of censorship.

By keeping it on they obviously don't care about the Muslims world wide finding it offensive. I don't think you understand my point here. I will pose an example.

Let's say I post a very offensive video on my facebook. Many of my friends will be very offended and angry, and they ask me to delete the video from my wall. I realise the video has caused troubles between my friends and things are getting out of hand.

Now I have to figure out what is more important, I have two options:

- I deny the feelings of other people, and without having any conscience I don't delete the video. Eventually I have freedom of speech and I have the right to post whatever I want. But I do know this will cause trouble amongst people and the world won't benefit a single thing from this idiotic video.

OR

- I realise that what I have posted is too offensive and causing too much trouble, things are getting out of hand, and OUT OF RESPECT and precaution, I will delete the video.

Can't you see what is happening? I'm not talking only about youtube and google, actually ALL the media. The media is discusting, it's very dirty and has a way of creating wrong images of certain groups. The media controlls the minds of people. It can make people love or hate eachother. The anger of the Muslims is used to pose Islam as an agressive and dangerous religion. Again, I don't agree with the agressive protests. But this is exactly what the enemies of Islam wanted.

We'll see what happends.

Are you guys serious?

Boycotting an entire industry based of one idiotic video?

Google Inc is not responsible for the content of that video.

Responsibility lies in the author/director/producer etc...

Because it offends you?

Nothing happens.

Are you guys serious....

no , we teach them quite the opposite, actually you had presented an example yourself in another topic about how words from little children to their evolution teacher can make a rift, a barrier between memebers of same society

- I deny the feelings of other people, and without having any conscience I don't delete the video. Eventually I have freedom of speech and I have the right to post whatever I want. But I do know this will cause trouble amongst people and the world won't benefit a single thing from this idiotic video.

OR

- I realise that what I have posted is too offensive and causing too much trouble, things are getting out of hand, and OUT OF RESPECT and precaution, I will delete the video.

I feel as if you're missing something here though. And that is the viewer or the audience. The audience also has a sense of responsibility or choice for what they want to see.

If you did post such a video; you're friends have a choice to either

A) Find the material offensive and ignore it.

B) Find the material offensive and react to it.

Yes offensive material incites us to react; it excites the lesser base emotions of anger, resentment; it creates hatred to a select group and enforces an ideology of "us" against "them".

But would you not agree to simply ignore the material would be a better choice?

Would not the greater emotions of forgiveness, understanding and peace be better justified when faced with this sort of material?

Edited by N-E-R-D