Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
kosmos

Is It True That Aisha Is In Hell?

Rate this topic

I posted the above several days ago, but apparently new members cannot have their posts appear until some sort of checks are done which can take several days. I thought the thread had been deleted and was wondering why.

Anyway, I would appreciate some (hopefully knowledgeable) responses to my query posted above. What is the Shia belief regarding persons who waged war against Imam Ali? Are they in Hell?

And does that include Aisha as well? Or is she special because she was the Prophet's wife, and hence sending her to Hell will be an insult to the Prophet, so she will go to Heaven instead, even though she fought a war against Imam Ali and tried to kill him.

Why would any of them go to hell? They disagreed on a political matter not a religious one.

Ppl fought Muhammad s.a.w and still turned muslims, giving them a bigger chance to enter heaven.

1 - Are all persons who went to war against Imam Ali in Hell?

No. As I said, they didn't fight for a religious dispute. We do know a part of Ali's army is going to hell though...

2 - Does that include Aisha as well?

Who knows, she is muslim according to sunni's :x

It's surprising how "those who hurt Ahlul bayt" get more attention and (La's) than Abu jahl for example...

Finally, none of that matters within Islam. I guarantee you 100% on the day of resurrection you won't care/worry about that.

And Allah knows best ~

Why would any of them go to hell? They disagreed on a political matter not a religious one.

Even Muawiyah disagreed with Imam Ali (and Hasan) on a political matter, not a religious one. So he's off the hook too?

The primary difference that I see between Aisha, Muawiyah, and Yazid is that while the first two were unsuccessful in killing the Imam, Yazid, according to all historical sources, ended up being fairly successful in his attempt.

So are Yazid and his daddy going to Hell? From what I've read, it seems that the Shia belief is that they certainly are.

So how is Aisha getting off the hook here???

She did go to war against Imam Ali and his followers, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but the whole point of going to war against someone is to KILL that person.

So she wanted to kill Imam Ali, but since she was unsuccessful she doesn't get to go to Hell??? Or is it because the wives of the Prophet have special immunity (mother of the believers, etc.)? And since Muawiyah and Yazid didn't have this relationship with the Prophet, well, then tough luck for them.

1.yes

2.yes

Could you kindly summarize that for me, please?

I jest.

Now, since the posting of the video "Innocence of Muslims" as well as other offensive cartoons about Prophet Muhammad, all in the name of "Freedom of Speech™", we've heard calls from scholars and political leaders of Muslim nations (including Ahamdi here) insisting that any speech offensive to revered religious personalities should not be allowed.

But since Aisha is certainly a highly revered religious figure for Sunnis, should statements saying that Aisha is in Hell (or about to be tossed therein imminently) also be banned under the same rule?

Or does that rule (about not offending sensibilities by criticizing religious figures) not apply to Aisha, rather it applies only to Muhammad? In this case would it be permissible to insult/defame the rest of the Ahlulbayt?

Even Muawiyah disagreed with Imam Ali (and Hasan) on a political matter, not a religious one. So he's off the hook too?

Concerning this matter yes, he's off the hook. But it seems he did much evil which would probably lead him to hell. I'm not God to judge, sometimes ppl have totally different intensions, so i'll keep quiet :P.

So are Yazid and his daddy going to Hell? From what I've read, it seems that the Shia belief is that they certainly are.

According to their actions, it seems they will. But we don't know about their intensions.

She did go to war against Imam Ali and his followers, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but the whole point of going to war against someone is to KILL that person.

There are tons of ways to "KILL" someone; Assassination, poison you name it...full scale war has less chance to kill 1 individual. They disagreed about his rule(justifying Uthman's murderer etc.)

Or is it because the wives of the Prophet have special immunity (mother of the believers, etc.)? And since Muawiyah and Yazid didn't have this relationship with the Prophet, well, then tough luck for them.

Nobody has immunity, if you commit a crime you'll be judged.

Concerning this matter yes, he's off the hook.

Okay, so just to be clear, you believe that starting a war against the Imam and his followers by itself doesn't necessarily mean that the person is going to hell?

But it seems he did much evil which would probably lead him to hell.

I'm curious here. What evil actions of his would be worse than waging war against Imam Ali and killing thousands of his followers???

full scale war has less chance to kill 1 individual.

Especially not when that 1 individual wins the war, lol!

Nobody has immunity, if you commit a crime you'll be judged.

Okay, that's good to know.

If you fight against the rightful Imam, and die without repenting, then you go to Hell, end of story.

Even the Sunnis have a Hadith saying that he who fights the imam of his time dies a death of jahiliyyah. Now, people can debate all they want about what a death of jahiliyyah is, but whatever it is, it isn't good.

Okay, so just to be clear, you believe that starting a war against the Imam and his followers by itself doesn't necessarily mean that the person is going to hell?

Starting a war just like that is wrong and may lead to hell, whether your leader is the Imam or not.

They wanted to justify Uthman's murder, so they defied him for justice. Ofc we don't know their true intentions....

I'm curious here. What evil actions of his would be worse than waging war against Imam Ali and killing thousands of his followers???

As I said, it depends on why they started it. If they had honest intensions, they will be judged for their own capacity. After that, seeking power and shutting ppl up with violence and mass murder IS more evil. As the initial intension darkened.

If you fight against the rightful Imam, and die without repenting, then you go to Hell, end of story.

http://www.shiachat....-on-evil-doers/

Even the Sunnis have a Hadith saying that he who fights the imam of his time dies a death of jahiliyyah. Now, people can debate all they want about what a death of jahiliyyah is, but whatever it is, it isn't good.

Ah, thanks for that thread. So apparently those that fought Imam Ali were more evil than the ones who fought Prophet Muhammad (from your post in that thread: So Abu Ja`far (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã) said: “No, rather those who fought `Ali (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã) were more evil.”). So apparently Aisha is more evil than, say, Abu Jahl.

So bringing this to the question I asked the user 'Hot hot' above, should it be prohibited by law to publicly claim that Aisha is worse than Abu Jahl (or that she is in Hell, as the persons in the video posted in the starting post are claiming), since it offends the religious sensibilities of Sunni Muslims? It would have to be prohibited worldwide, of course, since the leaders of the Muslim world are saying that this anti-blasphemy law should be applied world wide.

Or does that rule (about not offending sensibilities by criticizing religious figures) not apply to Aisha, rather it applies only to Muhammad? In this case would it still be permissible to insult/defame the rest of the Ahlulbayt?

Starting a war just like that is wrong and may lead to hell, whether your leader is the Imam or not.

They wanted to justify Uthman's murder, so they defied him for justice.

But how come Aisha and Muawiyah didn't consider having that discussion about who really killed Uthman before starting that war???

It's kinda convenient for them to get defeated in the war they started (or stalemated, in Muawiyah's case), and then go, "Oh, you didn't have Uthman killed? Okay, got it. Adios pal!"

Edited by kosmos

The primary difference that I see between Aisha, Muawiyah, and Yazid is that while the first two were unsuccessful in killing the Imam, Yazid, according to all historical sources, ended up being fairly successful in his attempt.

So how is Aisha getting off the hook here???

So she wanted to kill Imam Ali, but since she was unsuccessful she doesn't get to go to Hell??? Or is it because the wives of the Prophet have special immunity (mother of the believers, etc.)? And since Muawiyah and Yazid didn't have this relationship with the Prophet, well, then tough luck for them.

Dude Aisha is your noble persoanlity and your mother but not for us because she waged a war against imam ali as

It's our faith that anyone who oppose ali as is wrong because ali is haq, it doesn't matter whoever it is. if my own father will speak something offensive about ali as I will oppose him. Aisha is a great personality for you people but not for us however we don't abuse her but yes we curse her because she opposed imam ali as and whoever oppose imam ali as is a enemy for us

In this report aired on Fadak TV certain Shias in the UK are celebrating the day of Aisha's death:

http://www.memri.org.../0/0/0/6625.htm

My questions are:

1 - Are all persons who went to war against Imam Ali in Hell?

2 - Does that include Aisha as well?

What were they thinking? As far as I know, insulting the revered Sunni individuals like this is forbidden for us. I wish we could stop these kinds of behaviors.

What were they thinking? As far as I know, insulting the revered Sunni individuals like this is forbidden for us. I wish we could stop these kinds of behaviors.

So are you in favor of proposing an international ban on insulting Aisha?

And what about Muawiyah? Should there be an international ban on insulting him too?