Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
zeinab94

If Imams Are Infallible,, Are They Unable To Sin ?

Rate this topic

Asalamu Alaikum brothers and sisters,,

i have heard this hadith,, im pretty sure its from Imam Ali AS,, and i wanted to see if anyone has a source for it,, or is able to give me a similar Hadith to this one,,

"someone came to the Imam and asked him,, how can we follow you if your unable to sin,, the Imam replies and says that its not that we are unable to sin,, its that we dont allow ourselves to sin,,"

W/Salam

Wa alaykum salaam,

I heard this in a lecture by Seyed Ammar & to the best of my knowledge it wasn't Imam Ali (as) rather it was his grandson, Imam Zayn al-Abideen (as)

From what I remember, one of his companions came up and asked him how can we follow you when you do not sin, as in how are u a role model when your nothing like us? The Imam asked him if he would walk in the street naked, the man of course replied he wouldn't and when asked why not? He said because the people would see me and the Imam replied likewise with us we do not sin becuase of the Lord who watches us. Or something along those lines :)

Hope that helped :)

thats exactly who i heard it from,, it was so long ago i forgot lol,,

but i need the source,, i cant just say that i got it from Sayed Ammar Nakshawani

thats exactly who i heard it from,, it was so long ago i forgot lol,,

but i need the source,, i cant just say that i got it from Sayed Ammar Nakshawani

Yeah, it's from his lecture on the Biography of Ali Ibn Hussain Zayn Al-Abideen (as). I am not sure about the source, insha'Allah someone may have to give u to you :)

Btw Sis, it's almost midnight, you should be sleeping. Fajr is in 5.5 hours :P

I should be sleeping as well lol but I just got back from the Mosque and I have this weird spiritual 'high' from being there and with my Brothers and I feel so full of energy and yeah... :P don't really know how to describe it, but I don't wanna sleep haha

Yeah, it's from his lecture on the Biography of Ali Ibn Hussain Zayn Al-Abideen (as). I am not sure about the source, insha'Allah someone may have to give u to you :)

Btw Sis, it's almost midnight, you should be sleeping. Fajr is in 5.5 hours :P

I should be sleeping as well lol but I just got back from the Mosque and I have this weird spiritual 'high' from being there and with my Brothers and I feel so full of energy and yeah... :P don't really know how to describe it, but I don't wanna sleep haha

Inshallah someone will give it to us,,

i just saw that ur Australian as well lol,, yea i know its midnight,, im happy that its holidays for me now lol,,

its the best feeling when u have just come back from the mosque,, but by any chance where u at Masjid Arrahman,, because Sh.Jehad returned today,, i wanted to go but no one took me

Inshallah someone will give it to us,,

i just saw that ur Australian as well lol,, yea i know its midnight,, im happy that its holidays for me now lol,,

its the best feeling when u have just come back from the mosque,, but by any chance where u at Masjid Arrahman,, because Sh.Jehad returned today,, i wanted to go but no one took me

Haha yeah it's holidays for me too :P but I have to study because I have my HSC in a few weeks :( make dua for me please if you can haha.

No, I've never been to a Shi'a Mosque and besides two fellow reverts to Islam in my area I have never technically met a Shi'a :/

I've heard of that Shaykh Jihad guy before, maybe on YouTube? My friend who is a Shi'a (recently converted to Shi'a Islam) often goes to Al-Mahdi Mosque in Campbelltown, perhaps you have heard of it, maybe not? :P

I live south of Sydney, Wollongong is close by where I am. Insha'Allah after my exams I'll get to go to Sydney to see some Shi'a Brothers & Sisters. Have you been to the Imam Hussain Islamic Centre? I think that's the biggest Shia Centre in NSW, if not Australia?

Haha yeah it's holidays for me too :P but I have to study because I have my HSC in a few weeks :( make dua for me please if you can haha.

No, I've never been to a Shi'a Mosque and besides two fellow reverts to Islam in my area I have never technically met a Shi'a :/

I've heard of that Shaykh Jihad guy before, maybe on YouTube? My friend who is a Shi'a (recently converted to Shi'a Islam) often goes to Al-Mahdi Mosque in Campbelltown, perhaps you have heard of it, maybe not? :P

I live south of Sydney, Wollongong is close by where I am. Insha'Allah after my exams I'll get to go to Sydney to see some Shi'a Brothers & Sisters. Have you been to the Imam Hussain Islamic Centre? I think that's the biggest Shia Centre in NSW, if not Australia?

i was in that position as well last year,, so i know how ur feeling,, goodluck :)

yea his lectures r on youtube,,

iv heard of Al-Mahdi Mosque but iv never been to it lol,,

yea Inshallah u get to go Sydney,, its nice to be around the Shia brothers/sisters,,

im actually thinking of doing the Hawza thats from Imam Hussain Islamic Centre,, its an online one,,

i was in that position as well last year,, so i know how ur feeling,, goodluck :)

yea his lectures r on youtube,,

iv heard of Al-Mahdi Mosque but iv never been to it lol,,

yea Inshallah u get to go Sydney,, its nice to be around the Shia brothers/sisters,,

im actually thinking of doing the Hawza thats from Imam Hussain Islamic Centre,, its an online one,,

Awww really? Masha'Allah that sounds awesome. I'd love to do Howza course but I would prefer going overseas, it would be a totally different experience studying in Najaf, that way I could learn Arabic properly as well.

I'd be interested to learn more about the online Howza from Imam Hussain Ialamic Centre, where could I find some info about it?

Awww really? Masha'Allah that sounds awesome. I'd love to do Howza course but I would prefer going overseas, it would be a totally different experience studying in Najaf, that way I could learn Arabic properly as well.

I'd be interested to learn more about the online Howza from Imam Hussain Ialamic Centre, where could I find some info about it?

yea of coarse it would be a completely different experience doing it in Najaf,, but here is the link for the one in IHIC http://www.ehawza.com/web2/

yea of coarse it would be a completely different experience doing it in Najaf,, but here is the link for the one in IHIC http://www.ehawza.com/web2/

Thanks, but I did a bit of research and found it on their website :P

It's quite expensive :( would it be cheaper than studying overseas in say Najaf, Qom or Mashad?

Thanks, but I did a bit of research and found it on their website :P

It's quite expensive :( would it be cheaper than studying overseas in say Najaf, Qom or Mashad?

not sure,, but probably because of the airplain ticket,, and accommodation,,

but yea i know its very expensive !!

not sure,, but probably because of the airplain ticket,, and accommodation,,

but yea i know its very expensive !!

I'd personally rather go to Iran or Iraq and study there. It wouldn't be the same if you did an online course. Where's the experience in that? :P

You can stay at the Howza, yeah? I heard they provide shelter and food as well?

I'd personally rather go to Iran or Iraq and study there. It wouldn't be the same if you did an online course. Where's the experience in that? :P

You can stay at the Howza, yeah? I heard they provide shelter and food as well?

yea i would love to do Hawza in Iraq,, but im not sure if they have one for girls,,

i have no idea if they provide shelter and food,, but i think u have to do accommodation yourself,,

Inshallah one day :)