Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Kamranistan

French Magazine Could Risk Muslim Reaction

Rate this topic

(salam)

http://www.telegraph...d-cartoons.html

French magazine risks Muslim ire with Mohammed cartoons

Fears that a wave of anger in the Islamic world could spread to France mounted on Tuesday as it emerged that Charlie Hebdo, a satirical magazine was planning to publish cartoons caricaturing the Prophet Mohammed.

The magazine is due to hit the stands on Wednesday against a background of protests across the Islamic world Photo: AFP/CHARLIE HEBDO

9:42PM BST 18 Sep 2012

The magazine confirmed that its latest edition contains several cartoons featuring Mohammed that the publication's editor said would "shock those who will want to be shocked."

The magazine is due to hit the stands on Wednesday against a background of protests across the Islamic world over a crude US-made film that mocks Mohammed and portrays Muslims as gratuitously violent.

At least 30 people have died so far in demonstrations held in over 20 countries.

Charlie Hebdo is no stranger to controversy over its handling of the issues relating to Islam.

Last year it published an edition "guest-edited" by the Prophet Mohammed that it called Sharia Hebdo. The magazine's offices in Paris were subsequently firebombed in what was widely seen as a reaction by Islamists.

Charlie Hebdo's latest move was greeted with immediate calls from political and religious leaders for the media to act responsibly and avoid inflaming the current situation.

Jean-Marc Ayrault, the prime minister, issued a statement expressing his "disapproval of all excesses."

The magazine's editor, originally a cartoonist who uses the name Charb, denied he was being deliberately provocative at a delicate time.

"The freedom of the press, is that a provocation?" he said. "I'm not asking strict Muslims to read Charlie Hebdo, just like I wouldn't go to a mosque to listen to speeches that go against everything I believe."

Dalil Boubakeur, the senior cleric at Paris's biggest mosque, appealed for France's four million Muslims to remain calm.

"It is with astonishment, sadness and concern that I have learned that this publication is risking increasing the current outrage across the Muslim world," he said.

"I would appeal to them not to pour oil on the fire."

France's Muslim Council, the community's main representative body, also appealed for calm in the face of "this new act of Islamaphobia."

Even before news of Charlie Hebdo's plans emerged, France's large Muslim community was being urged to take to the streets in defiance of an official ban on demonstrations over the controversial film.

Messages on Twitter and social networking sites called for demonstrations to be held Saturday in Paris, Marseille and other major cities, a week after police in the capital arrested 150 people for taking part in a rowdy protest near the US embassy.

Most messages read "Don't touch my Prophet", a variation of the French anti-racism slogan "Don't Touch my Mate" popular in the 1980s.

France's Muslim community, most of whom have family links to north Africa, is the largest in western Europe.

Source: AFP

Edited by Kamran-Syed

STUPID STUPID PEOPLE. freedom of press yh. i would love to go up to him and say stuff bout his mum/wife/sister, like for example: how i had intimate relations with them and then see his reaction. Its all freedom of speech would be my defence, would see how he likes it

The only people who will probably protest in France are probably the few radical groups. The French authorities have made it very clear there will be no protests, peaceful or otherwise, so the official position of the Grand Mosque of Paris and the French Muslim councils is that no protests against either this new cartoon or the film are encouraged or to be organized but rather a legal means to combat them, but since when do the Salafis care about the law or the general opinions of trained scholars, eh? :donno:

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23

i would love to go up to him and say stuff bout his mum/wife/sister, like for example: how i had intimate relations with them and then see his reaction.

NO! This will not help; will be a cheap shot....!

You or the Iranians or the other Muslims or anyone with power and fund$ want to respond to stupid ways of Zionist in insulting Islam and naming them freedom of different kinds... take your money, call on producers/writers and movie makers... Make a film on Hitler, call him a victim and also a hero of WWII.. present the fake events of the war, and tell the history in a version that you think is right, a version that will boil the bloods of the Zionists... then call it a freedom of anything you like... Then we'll see how YouTube and other social Medias would allow it and how it is going to be received by the western world.

The head of UN shamelessly accused Ahmadinejad in NAM summit in Tehran for denying the holocaust, while AN never did so and he only demands to allow the researchers to see or express their opinions on a version that is different from what has been told by the Zionist...but that supposed to mean a crime according to the head of UN...While the same UN guy will act as a coward to say such a thing in the US or in EU for these people telling a very different and insulting version of Islamic history.

Things like this should be responded accordingly and professionally!!!! The protests are also good for the regional developments and their politics.

Edited by Noah-

STUPID STUPID PEOPLE. freedom of press yh. i would love to go up to him and say stuff bout his mum/wife/sister, like for example: how i had intimate relations with them and then see his reaction. Its all freedom of speech would be my defence, would see how he likes it

well u can. he may not leik it but it will be legal for u to do that,

well u can. he may not leik it but it will be legal for u to do that,

well my point being that he would most certainly attack me physically. then i could sue him for that cos i did nothing wrong, i was just expressing my right. if he thinks that muslims shouldnt react negatively to his work or to that of that stupid movie then he shouldnt react to my comments.

NO! This will not help; will be a cheap shot....!

You or the Iranians or the other Muslims or anyone with power and fund$ want to respond to stupid ways of Zionist in insulting Islam and naming them freedom of different kinds... take your money, call on producers/writers and movie makers... Make a film on Hitler, call him a victim and also a hero of WWII.. present the fake events of the war, and tell the history in a version that you think is right, a version that will boil the bloods of the Zionists... then call it a freedom of anything you like... Then we'll see how YouTube and other social Medias would allow it and how it is going to be received by the western world.

The head of UN shamelessly accused Ahmadinejad in NAM summit in Tehran for denying the holocaust, while AN never did so and he only demands to allow the researchers to see or express their opinions on a version that is different from what has been told by the Zionist...but that supposed to mean a crime according to the head of UN...While the same UN guy will act as a coward to say such a thing in the US or in EU for these people telling a very different and insulting version of Islamic history.

Things like this should be responded accordingly and professionally!!!! The protests are also good for the regional developments and their politics.

your idea would be worse. i would never call hitler a hero, he killed innocent people and those people werent only jews, there were muslims killed by him too. but that (religeon) shouldnt matter cos he killed innocent people, end of. making tht movie would go against our beliefs.

well my point being that he would most certainly attack me physically. then i could sue him for that cos i did nothing wrong, i was just expressing my right. if he thinks that muslims shouldnt react negatively to his work or to that of that stupid movie then he shouldnt react to my comments.

If he has the stones to potentially risk his life/career to piss off over a billion people on purpose, I seriously doubt lewd comments about his female relations will phase him enough to get violent.

Shoot, I work with people who insult each others moms as terms of endearment, as sad as that is.

I hope every one savors the irony that it is Muslims themselves that are pushing this magazine to do this through their crazed over-reactions and calls for censorship. If we would just stay cool, think ahead, and be smart, this man would have no push to want to do this. He is doing this precisely because we try to intimidate people like him not to. One feeds the other.

your idea would be worse. i would never call hitler a hero, he killed innocent people and those people werent only jews, there were muslims killed by him too. but that (religeon) shouldnt matter cos he killed innocent people, end of. making tht movie would go against our beliefs.

Here you go!

When you cannot do a little bit of politics in order to expose the hypocrisy of the western 'freedom' of hatred, then you can never turn the table around. The idea is not to consider Hitler a hero or deny the innocent lives taken, the idea is to challenge the western myth and politics, where they clearly issued a statement saying, they cannot stop these individuals to exercise their freedom in insulting Islam. Just to show them how freedom could be explained and exercised differently if things come to this. They cannot stop YouTube or these folks from creating such a movie but they will arrest anyone playing Hitler a good guy? You need to play them their own cards.

You cannot go and beg them for mercy, they are there to annoy you (Muslims), they are there to destroy you, and they are there to humiliate you. They are doing this intentionally. You need to bring them to the table of negotiations. You need to make them see what they do by striking them the same way. Then, they will have one option to realize and take steps to prevent further confrontations.

No wonder Muslims suffer and cry all the time. Burn or kill their own citizens. Wasted.

If he has the stones to potentially risk his life/career to piss off over a billion people on purpose, I seriously doubt lewd comments about his female relations will phase him enough to get violent.

Shoot, I work with people who insult each others moms as terms of endearment, as sad as that is.

maybe if i would say it in front of cameras, that would surely get a reaction from him to protect his honour, if he has any left that is.

and yh, bak in high school, especially in my class, everybody used to insult each others mums. it would be for jokes though.

Here you go!

When you cannot do a little bit of politics in order to expose the hypocrisy of the western 'freedom' of hatred, then you can never turn the table around. The idea is not to consider Hitler a hero or deny the innocent lives taken, the idea is to challenge the western myth and politics, where they clearly issued a statement saying, they cannot stop these individuals to exercise their freedom in insulting Islam. Just to show them how freedom could be explained and exercised differently if things come to this. They cannot stop YouTube or these folks from creating such a movie but they will arrest anyone playing Hitler a good guy? You need to play them their own cards.

You cannot go and beg them for mercy, they are there to annoy you (Muslims), they are there to destroy you, and they are there to humiliate you. They are doing this intentionally. You need to bring them to the table of negotiations. You need to make them see what they do by striking them the same way. Then, they will have one option to realize and take steps to prevent further confrontations.

No wonder Muslims suffer and cry all the time. Burn or kill their own citizens. Wasted.

fair enough, but in any case, didnt zionist like hitler, as in made business with him e.t.c. surely they wouldnt mind if a vid portraying hitler as a hero were to be published.

Making noise is important cause it brings awareness. If you stay silent today then there will be 5 such movies the next year and 20 the year after. In an Islamic caliphate this action would result in death sentence so having a protest is a very valid form of disagreement.

You obviously do not want these films to stop, thanks for contributing to the next 20-30 moronic anti islam productions which are now as inevitable and predictable as the subsequent senseless mass muslim overreaction that follows.

Get out of here with "raising awareness", more like, thanks for making sure the film is the number 1 hit around the world and our mature mass demonstrations about a childish film have been very productive in making muslims look like an oversensitive bunch who are incapable of dealing with immature idiots.

You obviously do not want these films to stop, thanks for contributing to the next 20-30 moronic anti islam productions which are now as inevitable and predictable as the subsequent senseless mass muslim overreaction that follows.

Get out of here with "raising awareness", more like, thanks for making sure the film is the number 1 hit around the world and our mature mass demonstrations about a childish film have been very productive in making muslims look like an oversensitive bunch who are incapable of dealing with immature idiots.

Look, we cannot police the entire world's Muslim population to ensure that no one protests, and its a legitimate right to protest, anyway. So if the West feels offended by the protests and create more anti-Islamic propaganda, and that will only increase the enmity between the West and Muslims further.

Well, that is inevitable. So a future world in which the West and the Islamic world live in peace and understanding is impossible. So I would now focus on Muslims to turn to becoming self sufficient in industrial/scientific fields just as Iran has, and unite in all fields and prepare for a world in which the West is a hostile entity.

Its not the end of the world.

By the way, all this is GREAT news for Iran, because:

1. Now they are busy with dealing with this present crisis

2. They cannot risk a conflict with Iran at this point, not even threaten Iran, as it will risk increasing the crisis

3. The protestors were Salafis, so now there will be a Salaf-US enmity.

4. The Syrian rebels will effectively be castrated, since they are Salafis themselves and depend on the West for everything.

5. The pro-West elements in all Muslim countries have been weakened severly

Since we are quoting old posts, here was my response to your uesless argument

Can you guarantee that if Muslims have remained silent then this would have been long forgotten? Based on the vulgar jokes made about Jesus Christ in media and social circles i find this naiveity a little hard to believe.

That's exactly what i was referring to. Free speech allows Jesus to be ridiculed at whim and even when no outrage is expressed it continues on. Look up memes that further degrade the Prophet Isa (as) for giggles. Now what makes you think if muslims stayed quiety then it would stop? What is this notion based on?

Edited by Logic

The cartoons are very obscene. If a media outlet in Europe posted such material about other religious or ethnic groups they would be charged with indecency or hate speech.

But it shall be left for Heaven to decide. I would not be surprised to see France and French people struck with misfortunes.