Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Make Up Should Be Harram

Rate this topic

N G

Why is showing your hair/body HARRAM?

This is because it will cause attraction to males.

I think islam is PERFECT in making women dress modestly.

I disagree with a face veil - not even islamic and cultural.

But women who wear make up beautify themselves.

This goes against the need for a scarf in the first place.

ANY KIND of make up btw. lipstick especially.

• Veteran Member

See the reason why in Islam Allah has forbide you to cover your hair and body is because that is the most attractive and sacred to the man. The hair of the women makes up everything for them...e.g personality. The face, can be shown because even though it is important it might not be attractive to some people. I gurantee if a man had the choice to touch an ungly womens hair or body without looking at her face and not knowing she was the most foul creature he would because of his sexual urges. I think a womens beauty is truly in a face without makeup but I dont mind it. I see many women at school, very ugly with makeup. It doesnt make them beautiful magically. Allah made everyone different. I hope I helped alittle.

• Advanced Member

Naso Gastric (tube)

Make up technically is ill advised, except for foundation, which i think Sayyid Sistani allows.

As for the veil, it's a personal choice. People have a choice not to wear something, why shouldn't they have a choice to wear something? provided what they wear doesn't cause massive public disturbance, like wearing a gigantic horsie swimming inner tube that constantly bumps into people

I can tell ur a male without looking at ur profile. Ur arguing on makeup being haram but have no clue about it. There r some girls that wear it and that u have no idea they r wearing it. Also depending on the makeup and how it is made some help clear skin.

• Veteran Member

Why is showing your hair/body HARRAM?

This is because it will cause attraction to males.

I think islam is PERFECT in making women dress modestly.

I disagree with a face veil - not even islamic and cultural.

But women who wear make up beautify themselves.

This goes against the need for a scarf in the first place.

ANY KIND of make up btw. lipstick especially.

Bro makeup is hay-ram, in front of non-mahrams. So I don't know what you're ranting against.

That's like me trying to invent chocolate milk. It already exists and is already delicious.

Bro makeup is hay-ram, in front of non-mahrams. So I don't know what you're ranting against.

That's like me trying to invent chocolate milk. It already exists and is already delicious.

⬆ Agreed

• Advanced Member

Its funny how people haram and halal things they like and dislike....

If the Sayeed has said it oky to wear light make up ,who are you to speak....

Some guys need to stop having a panic attack ever time they see a muslim girl with make up.....

" dude you see her eye make up, hold me back , this just soo haram"....

• Advanced Member

Well,makeup infront of non mehrams isn't allowed and it is something for all of us sisters to follow...what is halal is halal,what is haram is haram....but there is something strange here..I see men quite a lot interested in commenting upon how women should be carrying themselves..how immodest! If there is hijab for the sake of modesty for women..then there are some rules of modesty that apply for men too...If an aalim or maulana guides regarding hijab,its ok...they can and should do it..But when men from the general crowd get so interested in women's makeup issues,it seems horrid!How would they like it if women start visiting brothers' forums to comment on how they should be carrying themselves????

• 1 month later...
  • Basic Members

you are not one to say what is and what is not haraam only Allah can. God likes beauty

Many sisters also believe that wearing makeup is haraam outside the house.

I have hadiths that will ease the pain of women feeling as if these two items are in the haraam.

Ibn Abbas said, Allah's Apostle went out and offered the Id prayed and then delivered the sermon. "Then the ProphetSAW went to the women and instructed them and gave them religious advice and ordered them to give alms and I saw them reaching out(their hands to) their ears and necks(to take off their earrings and necklaces,etc) and throwing (it) towards Bilal. Then the ProphetSAW returned to his house with Bilal-Bukhari

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

Wear your white garments, for they are among your best garments, and shroud your dead in them. Among the best types of collyrium you use is antimony (Khol) it clears the vision and makes the hair sprout. [Dauod]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

"Apply antimony, for it clears the sight and makes the hair grow." And he asserted that the Prophet had a collyrium-case from which he applied collyrium every night in three times each eye.

[Tirmidhi transmitted it]

When the Prophet(sa) had revealed to the people that when making hajj, if one has not brought the sacrificial animals with them, they should put off ihram and treat the hajj as an umrah, Ali came from the Yemen with the sacrificial animals for the Prophet (peace be upon him) and found Fatimah (Allah be pleased with her) to be one among those who had put off Ihram and had put on dyed clothes and had applied antimony. He (Ali) showed disapproval to it, whereupon she said: My father has commanded me to do this. [Muslim]

"The lawful is clear and the unlawful is clear..." [bukhari and Muslim

Insha'Allah, I hope I have answered some questions that were regarding makeup and earrings outside of the home.

• Advanced Member

then why do women wear hijab.

sister , don't try and weed out of this

mwahahahaha

The hijab isnt their to make woman look bad, woman can look good with a hijab

Hes obsessed with girls. He cant talk to girls in real life because he's a loser so he tries to talk to us on here and does it the wrong way...

-_-

harsh, he's too religious to talk to girls

• Advanced Member

^ dude. it means look at the floor and at your feet when you walk, not the lower portion of a woman's physique....

I didn't understand the concept of lowering my sight when i first implemented it, but i realised very soon afterwards, what a beautiful thing it was. I was talking to my Lord with my mind and my heart, and i was realising the wisdom behind the Imam's words 'lower your gaze, and you will see wonders'

• Advanced Member

lol guys, does the Quran not say "do not suspect" or suspicison is wrong ?

my posts are open to everyone. sisters post on the brothers forum and brothers on the sisters forum.

the threads i have replied to can be answered by both brother and sister.

such as the 'dry skin' one.

i forgive you all for your insults.

lol thank you for your forgivness

• 6 years later...
  • Basic Members

Make up that goes with your natural skin tone can't be haram. It is like, you are not even wearing it.

^ I agree with the sister OP. You should stop your wandering eyes and noticing people so much.

First of all if you wear makeup how can you do Wudu and pray it’s impossible unless your going to keep applying every Minute ( this is coming from a hijab women who doesn’t wear makeup )