Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
shia-gangsta

Dog Howles When Azan Is Recited At Fajr,help Pls

Rate this topic

aslaam alaykum

i know its an unusual topic, i have a dog (tony lol) abroad in pakistan, we are the only shias in the village there, in pakistan the azaan is recited on speakers from many masjids. i go pakistan once a year for a few weeks to visit.

My father is there currenty, only for the past week the dog has begun to howl when the morning azaan is recited from the speakers, i had a phone call today that the villagers even my father are planning to shoot the dog or give it away as it is howling at this time and they claim it to be a bad omen, i am pretty upset about this and i really need to convince my father not to let them do this.

are there any reasons to this, why he is howling at the azaan, any traditions that its a bad thing which these people are claiming? is there anything i can tell or provide in defence to save him?

thanks again brothers and sisters

Edited by shia-gangsta

(wasalam)

It is known that various animals have a 6th sense and can see or detect angels. In fact according to various haidths, the reason to why roosters shout during the time of Fajr is because thats when they see angels coming down

(as per haidth, the two angels on everyone's shoulders that write down good and bad deeds, switch stations with 2 new angels at every Fajr and Maghrib prayer. That is why it is recommended that you pray Fajr and Maghrib as SOON as the prescribed time arrives so that when the new angels arrive at Fajr they see you already praying and when they leave you at Maghrib they see you praying as well)

So it could very well be that the dog senses angels coming down at Fajr time (meaning if anything its a GOOD omen :lol: ) so DONT KILL THE POOR DOG!!!

i thought it isnt alright to keep dogs in house anyway

true, but if they are used as guard dogs outside the house its fine

Edited by Kirmani

aslaam alaykum

i know its an unusual topic, i have a dog (tony lol) abroad in pakistan, we are the only shias in the village there, in pakistan the azaan is recited on speakers from many masjids. i go pakistan once a year for a few weeks to visit.

My father is there currenty, only for the past week the dog has begun to howl when the morning azaan is recited from the speakers, i had a phone call today that the villagers even my father are planning to shoot the dog or give it away as it is howling at this time and they claim it to be a bad omen, i am pretty upset about this and i really need to convince my father not to let them do this.

are there any reasons to this, why he is howling at the azaan, any traditions that its a bad thing which these people are claiming? is there anything i can tell or provide in defence to save him?

thanks again brothers and sisters

Tell them killing a harmless animal is in itself haraam, much worse than the howling of a dog during athaan. Maybe the dog is saying his own athaan in his own language? Animals worship Allah (swt) also.

First of all it's haram to keep the dog I understand you love your pet now but it's haram as far as I know because dog is a najis animal if he is wet and it touches you then you are also najis + I hate the dogs no offense I pray that your father shoot that dog soon lol

^ Please don't shoot an animal without reason. You can hand the pet over to somebody who can look after him.

I don't know if it's a good or a bad omen, it may be that the dog is getting disturbed in his sleep when the adhan starts..well, I don't know honestly. I do remember a newspaper carrying an article stating something very similar, that a dog was barking/howling during a Sunni adhan and how some Sunnis came forward and took it as an indication of Allah's blessings on them :huh:

looks like the dog is participating in the athan, and as a God fearing creature, he's surely shouting for forgiveness.

chances are that the dog's instinct is linked to the wolf's instinct, who starts howling once he hears other wolves howl. It is natural and halal.

1Ü áÞãÇäõ (Úóáóíåö ÇáøÓóáÇãõ) Ü Ýí æÕíóøÊöåö áÇÈäöåö Ü: íÇ Èõäóíóø¡ áÇ íßæäõ ÇáÏöøíßõ ÃßíóÓó ãöäßó¡ íÞæãõ Ýí æóÞÊö ÇáÓóøÍóÑö æíóÓÊóÛÝöÑõ¡ æÃäÊó äÇÆãñ!

1– Luqman (as) in his advice to his son, said, ‘O my son, do not let the rooster be smarter than you – it rises at dawn seeking forgiveness whilst you sleep!’[Mustadrak al-Wasail, v. 12, p. 146, no. 13744]

Sahih International

Do you not see that Allah is exalted by whomever is within the heavens and the earth and [by] the birds with wings spread [in flight]? Each [of them] has known his [means of] prayer and exalting [Him], and Allah is Knowing of what they do. 24;41

Also, don't believe people who say it's haram to have a dog:

Sahih International

And you would think them awake, while they were asleep. And We turned them to the right and to the left, while their dog stretched his forelegs at the entrance. If you had looked at them, you would have turned from them in flight and been filled by them with terror. 18:18

I think if you shoot the dog, that will be a curse set free. Also, if you get rid of the dog, then he will most likely suffer and this pain will have consequences for your family. (may Allah help and protect your family)

There are instances where a dog should be put to sleep or given away, but reason must be good.

it's just obviously natural that for a wolf / dog, an athan sounds like a howl. If we want Allah to have merci on us, we need to have merci on the creatures.

Also, perhaps the dog even helps people getting up in the morning, and sobering up their minds for the prayer. why should the dog not participate in calling for prayers,?? while the rooster calling to Allah is ok??

Allah save your dog,

(salam)

^ Please don't shoot an animal without reason. You can hand the pet over to somebody who can look after him.

I don't know if it's a good or a bad omen, it may be that the dog is getting disturbed in his sleep when the adhan starts..well, I don't know honestly. I do remember a newspaper carrying an article stating something very similar, that a dog was barking/howling during a Sunni adhan and how some Sunnis came forward and took it as an indication of Allah's blessings on them :huh:

I said to shoot because personally I hate dogs from the 1 has bite me on my legs and because Of him I have taken 7 injections

thanks for the replies brothers and sisters, the dog is strictly outside as a gaurd dog, needed in those kinds of areas to protect from theives and intruders, i live in the United Kingdom, the dog is in pakistan which is where i am from and i make visits for a few weeks once a year.

Great replies thankyou, so we have scriptures supporting the dog to what it does, are there any that might be against? also the people that live are mainly from ahlay sunah jamaat groups, as in sunni, it is a village away from the city so education and school are not accessible for many of these villagers, so they are pretty much uneducated, they are by far very backwards in traditions, where could these people have understood its a bad omen for him to howl at azaan in the morning? any ideas? if its not from sunni or shia books where are they getting these traditions from?

thanks again, im going to make a call in later to explain

Edited by shia-gangsta

First of all it's haram to keep the dog I understand you love your pet now but it's haram as far as I know because dog is a najis animal if he is wet and it touches you then you are also najis + I hate the dogs no offense I pray that your father shoot that dog soon lol

It's not haram, it is highly makrooh to keep it in the house.

Likewise, there is no problem in keeping outside in the yard.

I believe it is narrated that a prostitute during the time of Imam Ali (as) once saw a starving dog and fed it her own meal, after which all her sins were forgiven for this simple act. Please don't act like this towards the creations of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

Hurting animals is a grave sin, you don't want to be an oppressor do you?

It's not haram, it is highly makrooh to keep it in the house.

Likewise, there is no problem in keeping outside in the yard.

I believe it is narrated that a prostitute during the time of Imam Ali (as) once saw a starving dog and fed it her own meal, after which all her sins were forgiven for this simple act. Please don't act like this towards the creations of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

Hurting animals is a grave sin, you don't want to be an oppressor do you?

I just want the revenge of my 7 injections

a non-muslim reading that would be put off by islam , you know?

every single one of our words on these popular websites needs to be in mind of this.

but i lol'd! you are a funny guy.

SRS: hand the Dog over to a christian family or vets , who will look after it with the dignity and love it deserves.

i'm a muslim who is TERRIFIED of Dogs. One touch and you must wash your entire clothes, have a full shower/bath ect.

This is kind of a childish attitude to have. You would not say all plants are bad if one poisoned you would you?

all the dogs barks and bites dont they? So yes I'll hit from the same stick to everyone

every single one of our words on these popular websites needs to be in mind of this.

Even Allah swt Has mentioned in Quran that the dog is najis and if its wet and will touch you then you are najis so what a nonmuslim will think if he studies the Islam ?

Totally agree

Lol I am sorry if I was rude thank you

Edited by Hot hot

all the dogs barks and bites dont they? So yes I'll hit from the same stick to everyone

Dogs have many positive uses in the society. Never beat or kill a dog or any other animal, animal cruelty is a huge sin in Islam.

Edited by GreyMatter

aslaam alaykum

. . . . My father is there currenty, only for the past week the dog has begun to howl when the morning azaan is recited from the speakers, . . .

Nothing happens except by the Will of Allah.

Kind Regards,

Farside :)

hello, thanks again for the replies, i did make the phone call today, family members are telling me the dog has disappeared and not come back, so,i guess someones done the the job, just ashame how backward minded people are, i think someones driven some place far and left him there, alas even though i am at a loss i still have gained alot from this loss, thanks again

hello, thanks again for the replies, i did make the phone call today, family members are telling me the dog has disappeared and not come back, so,i guess someones done the the job, just ashame how backward minded people are, i think someones driven some place far and left him there, alas even though i am at a loss i still have gained alot from this loss, thanks again

I am sorry but I am really happy atlast now you are not with the najis animal