Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
lilibolt

Accessorising The Hijab?

Rate this topic

AOA, I am a recent Hijabi I was just wondering is it is okay to accessories the Hijab, alot of girls do it here in UK but i am not sure it its right? i am not talking about the Camel hump Hijab or anything fancy but something like adding a simple band or bow, would that be fine?

thank you for your reply

WS :)

Guest Inaya

Salaam aleykum sister,

Congratulations on starting to wear the hijaab! Masha'Allah, I remember in your other thread you were a bit struggling. Alhamdulillah you have started to wear it.

I've seen sisters that wear a band or bow to keep the hijaab in place (but not ones with glitter, ribbons, and diamonds etc.). I think as long as it's decent and not too much of an eyecatcher it's ok. If you think it won't attract attention, and your intention is pure when adding a band or bow it would be fine. Insha'Allah you'll be fine :)

I searched on Sayed Sistani's website about accesories, I only found this:

Question :It is normal these days for a woman to put on mascara and make-up, wear rings, necklaces and bracelets for beauty and then go out in front of people in the markets and streets.

Answer :This is not permissible for her except for mascara and rings provided that she is safe from falling into forbidden activities and does not intend by it to excite non-mahram men.

Insha'Allah other sisters will contribute and share their views, maybe with hadith and rulings.

wassalaam

Salam alaykum,

Congratulations on wearing a hijab ^_^ May Allah (swt) bless you!

There's nothing wrong with accessorising your hijab (As far as I am aware) as long as it doesn't attract attention and stays within the boundaries of modesty. One of the reasons as to why we wear hijab is to display modesty so keep that in mind if and when you accessorise!

congratulations sister on wearing the Hijab, mashalla.

in reply to your question, it is not haram to acessorize the hijab but in my opinion that the hijab should be a symbol of not attracting people. The hijab in my opinion should not be a fashion trend to to make the woman look beautiful, it's meant to represent you as a muslima so I don't accesorize. However if you really feel like accesorizing try not to throw everything on your head and use glittery objects and pumpkins as it brings attraction and at times makes you look strange and it can give out a wrong message about Hijabis.

I've tried accesorizing once but i kept it basic and simple like using a pin that has a small flower on it,

some muslimas accesorize heavily because they might feel ugly, but true beauty comes from the inside and not with flashing colours and makeup. that's one reasons why we wear the scarf.

good luck sister :) I wish you the best inshalla.

thank you :)

i now know that accessorizing the Hijab is not Haram but somehow i cant get myself to do it, when ever i try to add a bow or a band to it..not something fancy or glittery just a plan old bow, i always ask myself, is it really necessary and i always end up answering no and taking it off.

i have kept my dressing really modest and simple with just necessary items like a watch. Even when it comes to rings, which i really like, i take them off because really they are not necessary, unless its a ring with a special stone of course :)

thank you all for your replies though, they were quite helpful :)